Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Introducing kids to music 14:53 - Apr 21 with 1238 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Introducing kids to music on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 1232 viewsEbo

They grow out of it by the time their 15/16 usually and discover there's more to music than 3 chords over and over and over and over....

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Introducing kids to music on 15:08 - Apr 21 with 1221 viewsDarran

Introducing kids to music on 14:57 - Apr 21 by Ebo

They grow out of it by the time their 15/16 usually and discover there's more to music than 3 chords over and over and over and over....

Yeah if only AC/DC had thought of something that would work eh? lol

Introducing kids to music on 15:19 - Apr 21 with 1214 viewsEbo

Introducing kids to music on 15:08 - Apr 21 by Darran

Yeah if only AC/DC had thought of something that would work eh? lol

If you have the mental age of 12 yeah I agree.

Introducing kids to music on 17:00 - Apr 21 with 1188 viewsperchrockjack

Some weird tastes in music

Some don't know what constitutes a melody, the basis of all music

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Introducing kids to music on 17:06 - Apr 21 with 1180 viewsNirvana

The Nirvana one was better, honestly.

Ffukkingg Jaxon that mini-hipster. Love the little kid with the thermal, though, his dad must be a 'right proper chap'.

As always, the lesson here is children are unbelievably ffukkingg stupid and arrogant, yet surprisingly honest and insightful.

Introducing kids to music on 17:09 - Apr 21 with 1172 viewsDarran

Introducing kids to music on 17:06 - Apr 21 by Nirvana

The Nirvana one was better, honestly.

Ffukkingg Jaxon that mini-hipster. Love the little kid with the thermal, though, his dad must be a 'right proper chap'.

As always, the lesson here is children are unbelievably ffukkingg stupid and arrogant, yet surprisingly honest and insightful.

This was my thread Kurt don't take liberties you should know I'm the main man around here by now.

Introducing kids to music on 17:38 - Apr 21 with 1151 viewsNirvana

Introducing kids to music on 17:09 - Apr 21 by Darran

This was my thread Kurt don't take liberties you should know I'm the main man around here by now.

Yes, All Apologies how Dumb of me. Come As You Are and join me for a bit of Pennyroyal Tea to mend these Territorial Pissings?

Sorry mate, just trying to get some exposure for my band. As you can see from the video, we can use all the help we can get.
Introducing kids to music on 17:53 - Apr 21 with 1125 viewsDarran

Introducing kids to music on 17:38 - Apr 21 by Nirvana

Yes, All Apologies how Dumb of me. Come As You Are and join me for a bit of Pennyroyal Tea to mend these Territorial Pissings?

Sorry mate, just trying to get some exposure for my band. As you can see from the video, we can use all the help we can get.

Apology accepted. 👍🏻

Login to get fewer ads

Introducing kids to music on 18:31 - Apr 21 with 1099 viewsNirvana

Introducing kids to music on 17:53 - Apr 21 by Darran

Apology accepted. 👍🏻

Thanks Frank. "Go Cry on Somebody Else's Shoulder" will always be a favorite of mine. Too bad you don't care much for melody, because there's quite a bit of talent there. Great guitarist, though, my God.
Introducing kids to music on 22:46 - Apr 21 with 1059 viewssherpajacob

Start them as young as possible, I bought my eldest news of the world CD, for his first Christmas, he was 6 days old.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Introducing kids to music on 22:55 - Apr 21 with 1051 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Introducing kids to music on 14:57 - Apr 21 by Ebo

Only time I listened to a lot of AC/DC was the first couple of months I was learning bass as a teenager. Even as a beginner, it just took a few minutes to figure out some of their songs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 22:55]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Introducing kids to music on 23:02 - Apr 21 with 1033 viewsDr_Winston

Introducing kids to music on 22:55 - Apr 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Only time I listened to a lot of AC/DC was the first couple of months I was learning bass as a teenager. Even as a beginner, it just took a few minutes to figure out some of their songs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 22:55]

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If simple works, then do simple. If your tastes run more to the prog end of the spectrum, then so be it. I take as much joy out of the complexity of tunes by the likes of Iron Maiden and Yes as I do out of AC/DC.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Introducing kids to music on 00:20 - Apr 22 with 989 viewsGowerjack

We play a couple of AC/DC songs in the band.

I've never been a massive fan it's a bit bovine for my taste.

But it's nowhere near as easy to play as you might think...

Very sympocated indeed Angus!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Introducing kids to music on 00:40 - Apr 22 with 972 viewsGowerjack

Introducing kids to music on 18:31 - Apr 21 by Nirvana

Thanks Frank. "Go Cry on Somebody Else's Shoulder" will always be a favorite of mine. Too bad you don't care much for melody, because there's quite a bit of talent there. Great guitarist, though, my God.

And yes a great guitar player,composer and wit....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Introducing kids to music on 00:18 - Apr 23 with 867 viewsEbo

Introducing kids to music on 00:40 - Apr 22 by Gowerjack

I love Zappa as a composer and he is a truly gifted improviser on the guitar, but some of his solos bore the pants off me sometimes.

Introducing kids to music on 16:20 - Apr 24 with 781 viewsNirvana

Introducing kids to music on 00:40 - Apr 22 by Gowerjack

Is that you in the first video Gower? If so, good stuff but I prefer the original to be honest.

The second video wouldn't play unfortunately (something about Eagle Rock) but I found a live version from 1974 that is ffukkingg white-hot. Thanks for the link, though, as I haven't explored Zappa's discography enough and this is a great start.

The solo from about 2:00 until 6:00 DESTROYS, the guy is just a monster. He takes you so many places, man, it's quite the emotional experience. Beautiful and ferocious at the same time, the best combo, while remaining technically brilliant. Hard to believe this is live it's so damn good, he definitely wasn't ffukkingg around that night. Imagine what he could've done if he liked drugs, 'mun'.

Don't hesitate to offer up a video or two in the future if you got more stuff like this lying around, and that goes for you too Darran. I'm down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024