Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon 18:28 - Apr 22 with 1862 viewsSmellyplumz

I think that if Clement had used him earlier in his tenure we would not be in this trouble now. Still not convinced by him.

Leon was monster again today.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leon on 18:29 - Apr 22 with 1850 viewsJackfath

It's rather sad that we're all pinning our hope on Leon, as good as he was today.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leon on 18:30 - Apr 22 with 1840 viewsSmellyplumz

Leon on 18:29 - Apr 22 by Jackfath

It's rather sad that we're all pinning our hope on Leon, as good as he was today.

Well he was never replaced properly was he so we have to, squad management has been not existant.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Leon on 18:30 - Apr 22 with 1840 viewsjackal

Most definitely

Leon was Leon. We're a much a better team with him in the team.
Leon on 18:33 - Apr 22 with 1804 viewsperchrockjack

Cork was his replacement

Wasn't he

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon on 18:34 - Apr 22 with 1798 viewsSmellyplumz

Leon on 18:33 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Cork was his replacement

Wasn't he

We like to call it a down grade.

Leon on 18:35 - Apr 22 with 1783 viewsJackfath

I e said it before he's consistently been the best pound for pound top league player over the last L6 seasons. Who else would beat him on his healthy weight ratio?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leon on 18:36 - Apr 22 with 1765 viewsraynor94

Will take his place next to Ivor, and richly deserved

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leon on 18:36 - Apr 22 with 1767 viewsTheFranchise

I think the only way we will ever replace Leon is from inside, someone that's been brought up like that.

Canas, Cork, Carroll and even Allen. None of those have that metronomic influence on the side.

Perhaps we need to go back to Barca, find someone in their academy.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 1750 viewsLandore_Jack

The Swans head coach had a special word of praise for Leon Britton who lasted 85 minutes as he featured for the first time in 2017.

“I really looked to him to help the team today and he did that brilliantly,” Clement said.
“He played with a lot of maturity and he ran himself into the ground. It was a real captain’s performance from him.”

#backtojack

Leon on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 1745 viewsperchrockjack

Great man
Wonderful player

Our best Pro

Ever

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 1736 viewsjasper_T

People are always very quick to forget the games he plays for us where we're sh!t. His record this season isn't good in that respect.

He was good today and made a difference.
Leon on 18:42 - Apr 22 with 1710 viewsjack247

I think Leon certainly did enough to ensure himself a start next week. I think Cork is often underrated, but we do have a lot more zip in us when we have a player Who is comfortable in possession, can break down attacks and recycle possession as quickly as Leon can.
Leon on 20:34 - Apr 22 with 1411 viewscontroversial_jack

He was very good today.
Leon on 20:38 - Apr 22 with 1385 viewsKilkennyjack

Leon is different class to any other holding centre midfielder in our club.

Madness that lesser players have been selected before him as our side has struggled.

LEON LEON LEON .....

Beware of the Risen People

Leon on 20:40 - Apr 22 with 1358 viewswaynekerr55

Leon on 20:38 - Apr 22 by Kilkennyjack

Leon is different class to any other holding centre midfielder in our club.

Madness that lesser players have been selected before him as our side has struggled.

LEON LEON LEON .....

Any other nationality the fella gets numerous caps. Top, top player. Legs have gone but should have featured more

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leon on 20:57 - Apr 22 with 1300 viewsQJumpingJack

Delighted to see Leon back in the fold today.

For someone who has not featured in the last 4 months, and hardly mentioned by the manger - it does make you wonder whether it was Clement's decision to include him or someone else within the club?
Leon on 21:41 - Apr 22 with 1175 viewsFireboy

Even though he hasn't played for a while and he's getting on a bit he's 10 times the player that Cork is

Never ever stopped working today

So surprised that he lasted 84 mins

I do hope pc wraps leon up with cotton wool for the yernited game
Leon on 21:55 - Apr 22 with 1132 viewsClinton

I thought Leon has looked a bit slow over the last couple of seasons, but cant fault the commitment today. Mr Swansea really looked the part. Him and Carrol, although small of stature, will cut it against all but the very best (Chelsea and SPurs)

If he'd started the last 5 we would be well clear. The Undertaker has missed a trick. Keep the little guy in FFS, if he plays the last matches and we are relegated at least we have our own sending us down, rather than the hired hands.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Leon on 22:03 - Apr 22 with 1080 viewsSwanseajill

Leon on 21:41 - Apr 22 by Fireboy

Even though he hasn't played for a while and he's getting on a bit he's 10 times the player that Cork is

Never ever stopped working today

So surprised that he lasted 84 mins

I do hope pc wraps leon up with cotton wool for the yernited game

Doing his coaching badges currently, this is one player that deserves a place in our club when he hangs up his boots.
On the pitch he keeps things simple, knows his job and sticks to it.
It did bring me a smile today watching him walk beside Peter Peperami, the difference in stature is mind boggling.

Welcome back to the team Leon, we've missed you.
Leon on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 1068 viewsploppy

He's so tidy and his passing is so crisp. When he's on song he's great to watch.
Leon on 22:20 - Apr 22 with 1024 viewsLoyal

Leon on 18:34 - Apr 22 by Smellyplumz

We like to call it a down grade.

At one point he wasn't. But Leon on today's performance is key for the next four games.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024