Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? 17:57 - Apr 28 with 5292 viewsgolly47

Long story short, I have to do a news piece for one of my uni modules, and it has to be an interesting angle. If we do go down, what is the silver lining, and could we see any positives?

Or am I talking complete b0ll0cks and relegation is the worst thing since whole bread? I don't want us to get relegated of course, but needs must with the education system of 'be unique'.

Poll: What was worse?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:00 - Apr 28 with 3888 viewslifelong

No and yes.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 3880 viewsgolly47

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:00 - Apr 28 by lifelong

No and yes.

Cheers boss, If this advice gets me a first/honours ill be sure to thank you at the graduation ceremony

Poll: What was worse?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:15 - Apr 28 with 3848 viewsRevJames

Relegation is not the end of the world.

There are clear and well publicised issues that need resolving so that we can enjoy being fans again and the club gain regain the reputation it had not so long ago as a 'model' for others to follow.

While I hope we stay up, if we are relegated, it should give us opportunity to freshen up the squad and make some changes in the boardroom.

Failure to do so will be a huge opportunity missed.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:17 - Apr 28 with 3841 viewsJackFish

I don't see any benefits to being relegated. If you're a Newcastle then a season or two in the Championship every now and again is probably quite enjoyable, but if we go down we're far more likely to offload most of the big earners and be a mid table to bottom half side.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:18 - Apr 28 with 3838 viewsOldjack

No ,and if people think we'll bounce back up ,you be disappointed especially now we got vultures at the helm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:22 - Apr 28 with 3823 viewsswanaway

Personally I can't see any positives about relegation unless we can do a Newcastle, which I very much doubt. Our best players will be sold and it will mean rebuilding a new team/squad to cope with the rigors of the Championship. The only good thing for me is I live in Ipswich about 20 minutes from Portman Road so I'd be able to see us play in November probably. Still harbouring hopes of staying up though. :)
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:25 - Apr 28 with 3812 viewsscottishjack

I'm sure I read an article a few months back with a couple of the pubs near the Liberty saying that business was better in the Championship? (3pm Saturday kick offs were a factor?)

For me though, I'll look forward to seeing my rota in work and being able to get a ticket if I've got time off, I'll look forward to starting a season with optimism that we can win something other than dodging relegation. I look forward to having seats near my mates. I look forward to having 13,000 fans behind the Swans, instead of half the attendance being there to see the other side...

I'm honestly not that bothered anymore about the Premier League. It was a brilliant ride to get there, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly, and look at us now! Model club when we got there, just another basket case after a short time there...
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:26 - Apr 28 with 3809 viewspembsjack

For the plastics who want to see the likes of costa, aguero etc its a bad thing.
But for everyone else who can see how murky this club has turned, it might be the only way to clean it up.
Personally I think we are going down and the next few years are going to be brutal. Very little investment(if any) mass sell offs and off field drama are on the horizon. Going to be interesting how many of the recent acquired fans will stand by the club and ride the waves.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:31 - Apr 28 with 3788 viewslonglostjack

Griffin Park instead of the London Stadium. Otherwise no. The new "investors" will pocket the parachute payments and it could be a long way back.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:39 - Apr 28 with 3764 viewsWingstandwood

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:18 - Apr 28 by Oldjack

No ,and if people think we'll bounce back up ,you be disappointed especially now we got vultures at the helm

Bang on! I get a cast-iron dead cert vibe based upon recent events! The Yanks/sell-outs are no Jack Walker philanthropic characters. Good old Jack put tens of millions of his own money into his beloved Blackburn Rovers football club. And that was 20 yrs ago, without inflation. SCFC supporters are gonna see the total opposite.

The Yanks will be trying to recoup their investment sum. The sellouts along with the likes of Pearlman and '(*cough, cough, cough*) 'advisor' Donovan etc will desperately try to hang on like vultures. Those parachute payments hey! Huw 'Scumbag-Filth' Jenkins won't want to resign from his £500,000 a year gravy train ride.........Neither would Arfur Daley.

We've got more of an Oyston, Venky set up down here.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 19:10]

Argus!

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:59 - Apr 28 with 3706 viewsJango

If the likes of West Brom, burnley, Norwich etc can bounce back then there's no reason we can't. There's only 3 or 4 players that would definitely be targets for other prem teams. Keep the majority of the team together, 2 or 3 signings and 1 or 2 fresh blood from the youth and we'd have a great chance. Boro came up with a much worse squad than they've currently got and we're above them. Good coach and team spirit goes a long way
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 19:03 - Apr 28 with 3690 viewsjack247

Not unless they are totally mental.

We don't have the squad to bounce straight back, especially with the best 3 or 4 players leaving. I can't see our owners would plough much cash into it.

People will disagree (and there are obvious examples to back up their point) but I think it's easier to stay in this league than to get back into it.

It's not all about staying in the PL if you have owners who are in it for the long haul and have the clubs best interests at heart. We don't have that luxury.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 19:45 - Apr 28 with 3594 viewsFlashberryjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:59 - Apr 28 by Jango

If the likes of West Brom, burnley, Norwich etc can bounce back then there's no reason we can't. There's only 3 or 4 players that would definitely be targets for other prem teams. Keep the majority of the team together, 2 or 3 signings and 1 or 2 fresh blood from the youth and we'd have a great chance. Boro came up with a much worse squad than they've currently got and we're above them. Good coach and team spirit goes a long way

"If the likes of West Brom, burnley, Norwich etc can bounce back then there's no reason we can't"

You are joking ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 3568 viewsKilkennyjack

It is likely to be a huge cost cutting exercise.
New owners have to get their money back via parachute.

Staff, players, community, academy, facilities, etc all impacted.
Very sad.

We are more likely to get relegated to league 1 than bounce back.

Please god its Hull Tigers and not us.

Beware of the Risen People

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 3506 viewsJango

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 19:45 - Apr 28 by Flashberryjack

"If the likes of West Brom, burnley, Norwich etc can bounce back then there's no reason we can't"

You are joking ?

Yes I'm joking, they've never been relegated and then promoted again.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 3441 viewsjack247

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:24 - Apr 28 by Jango

They have never been relegated with an eroding squad and an absolute shambles of an ownership team.

The clubs that tend to yoyo use the parachute payments to gradually strengthen, in the hope of one day becoming an established PL team. I can't see us doing that.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:49 - Apr 28 with 3438 viewsFlashberryjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:24 - Apr 28 by Jango

Thought so.

The Americans didn't put a penny into the team when we are in the PL.

What makes you think they'll do so if we're in the Championship.

If we are relegated to the championship, it won't stop there until either the money runs out or we hit rock bottom, whichever comes first.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:50 - Apr 28 with 3435 viewspencoedjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:25 - Apr 28 by scottishjack

I'm sure I read an article a few months back with a couple of the pubs near the Liberty saying that business was better in the Championship? (3pm Saturday kick offs were a factor?)

For me though, I'll look forward to seeing my rota in work and being able to get a ticket if I've got time off, I'll look forward to starting a season with optimism that we can win something other than dodging relegation. I look forward to having seats near my mates. I look forward to having 13,000 fans behind the Swans, instead of half the attendance being there to see the other side...

I'm honestly not that bothered anymore about the Premier League. It was a brilliant ride to get there, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly, and look at us now! Model club when we got there, just another basket case after a short time there...

My feelings exactly
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:55 - Apr 28 with 3416 viewsJango

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:48 - Apr 28 by jack247

They have never been relegated with an eroding squad and an absolute shambles of an ownership team.

The clubs that tend to yoyo use the parachute payments to gradually strengthen, in the hope of one day becoming an established PL team. I can't see us doing that.

I don't think the team is eroding as bad as people think. Yes there's a few ageing players who should have been replaced long ago but they could be an asset in the championship. We'd have to bring in a couple of players to freshen it up also and I think the yanks will do that. Surely they are gonna want to get back up into the premier league. They would have been well aware of the risk of relegation. People who think they are just gonna strip the club need to chill, there's been no signs that they will do that.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 21:32 - Apr 28 with 3350 viewsspiderboy

Relegation will come along as soon as its ready.Its not a demon and it aint life threatening.Sooner or later we were always going to be involved in a battle to avoid the drop.Effectively,the prem has been reduced to a 13 team league with the usual suspects of 6-7 teams having theyr own little division, chasing for champs league and Europa[Leicester just being a freak happening]
I havnt looked at the bottom 13 teams,but can virtually put my house on the fact that every one of those clubs have gone down and then come back up at least once in the last 10 years.
We.l come back up once ready,we may go down another division,but we,l always come back up,and then up again.
Swansea are no different to any other club.except that its "our club"
All football fans of every other team feels the same way.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 3312 viewsOldjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:55 - Apr 28 by Jango

I don't think the team is eroding as bad as people think. Yes there's a few ageing players who should have been replaced long ago but they could be an asset in the championship. We'd have to bring in a couple of players to freshen it up also and I think the yanks will do that. Surely they are gonna want to get back up into the premier league. They would have been well aware of the risk of relegation. People who think they are just gonna strip the club need to chill, there's been no signs that they will do that.

There's no signs of investment either .They'll make no money in the championship that's for sure . My monies on they'll milk us dry if we don't go straight back up ,And that will be a very tall order even if we kept our best players

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 21:54 - Apr 28 with 3297 viewsjeza739

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 21:32 - Apr 28 by spiderboy

Relegation will come along as soon as its ready.Its not a demon and it aint life threatening.Sooner or later we were always going to be involved in a battle to avoid the drop.Effectively,the prem has been reduced to a 13 team league with the usual suspects of 6-7 teams having theyr own little division, chasing for champs league and Europa[Leicester just being a freak happening]
I havnt looked at the bottom 13 teams,but can virtually put my house on the fact that every one of those clubs have gone down and then come back up at least once in the last 10 years.
We.l come back up once ready,we may go down another division,but we,l always come back up,and then up again.
Swansea are no different to any other club.except that its "our club"
All football fans of every other team feels the same way.

Just checked the table. Not sure how long ago stoke came up now but all the others outside top 6 have all been in lower league in last 10 yrs. Think stoke are pos the exception
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 23:01 - Apr 28 with 3200 viewsSwansNZ

Relegation is never a good thing, no matter how you want to try and dress it up. Of course, it’s not the end of the world, but saying we’ll be able to refresh the squad and bounce back is stupid talk. Refresh the squad is another way to say we will sell our better players and replace them with cheap and poor options, and we’d probably be just as likely to be closer to the relegation spots than the promotion ones.

From a purely selfish point of view, relegation would mean not being able to watch the Swans on tv/internet each week.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 23:35 - Apr 28 with 3159 viewslonglostjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 23:01 - Apr 28 by SwansNZ

Relegation is never a good thing, no matter how you want to try and dress it up. Of course, it’s not the end of the world, but saying we’ll be able to refresh the squad and bounce back is stupid talk. Refresh the squad is another way to say we will sell our better players and replace them with cheap and poor options, and we’d probably be just as likely to be closer to the relegation spots than the promotion ones.

From a purely selfish point of view, relegation would mean not being able to watch the Swans on tv/internet each week.

From a purely selfish point of view the thought of your last point is killing me too. Cruel to take it away again. Maybe our saavy US "investors" can sort something out with Swans TV. and launch global pay-per-view streaming. They're going to have to do something or how are they going to satisfy Jason's dream of making us America's team? No doubt there''ll be the usual empty management bullshit.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 23:45]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 00:13 - Apr 29 with 3067 viewsLoyal

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:25 - Apr 28 by scottishjack

13,000 ?
Very negative.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024