Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thinly veiled post 19:37 - May 2 with 3272 viewsKinsey

How easy will it be to find a stream from Memphis?

I'll be staying at Graceland this weekend, and really don't want to miss the game.

And yes..... this is a not so thinly veiled post! Hahah
A thinly veiled post on 16:53 - May 3 with 917 viewsSTID2017

A thinly veiled post on 16:43 - May 3 by Darran

You've met me?

Who the fuçk are you?

Thanks Bud.
I introduced myself before the Chelsea home game last season when I'd bought a ticket for the posh seats behind the home dugout. (Yul Brynner lookalike if that helps)
[Post edited 3 May 2017 16:54]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

A thinly veiled post on 17:00 - May 3 with 908 viewsDarran

A thinly veiled post on 16:53 - May 3 by STID2017

Thanks Bud.
I introduced myself before the Chelsea home game last season when I'd bought a ticket for the posh seats behind the home dugout. (Yul Brynner lookalike if that helps)
[Post edited 3 May 2017 16:54]

Oh yeah but didn't you have a different username then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A thinly veiled post on 17:15 - May 3 with 895 viewsCooperman

A thinly veiled post on 17:00 - May 3 by Darran

STID2016?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

A thinly veiled post on 17:15 - May 3 with 895 viewsSTID2017

A thinly veiled post on 17:00 - May 3 by Darran

Shhhh !!!!! Don't tell everyone

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

A thinly veiled post on 17:16 - May 3 with 893 viewsDarran

A thinly veiled post on 17:15 - May 3 by Cooperman

STID2016?

Fuçk off.

A thinly veiled post on 17:36 - May 3 with 877 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kinsey -

Got word from a Swans fan in Chatanooga that apparently knows the Memphis area pretty well. He suggested you go to either the Celtic Crossing or the Brass Door. Brass Door, he thinks, is an Everton hang out.

https://www.facebook.com/celticcrossingirishpub/

https://www.facebook.com/BrassDoorPub/

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A thinly veiled post on 17:39 - May 3 with 870 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 17:36 - May 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

Kinsey -

Got word from a Swans fan in Chatanooga that apparently knows the Memphis area pretty well. He suggested you go to either the Celtic Crossing or the Brass Door. Brass Door, he thinks, is an Everton hang out.

https://www.facebook.com/celticcrossingirishpub/

https://www.facebook.com/BrassDoorPub/

Fantastic! Thanks for that. Very much appreciated.

Now I see a good opportunity for a photo op wearing my swans shirt in the brass door!
A thinly veiled post on 18:41 - May 3 with 846 viewsKinsey

Just called Celtic Crossing and yeah, they're showing the game.

Cheers for that.
Login to get fewer ads

A thinly veiled post on 00:16 - May 4 with 811 viewsNirvana

A thinly veiled post on 19:58 - May 2 by Kinsey

Cheers Darran. It's my bucket list trip. 3 nights in Graceland where I get to meet my all time idol Joe Walsh, then a week in Nashville. I'm performing there 3 nights while there.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 20:03]

Hey Kinsey,

Just wanted to say good luck, break a leg, have fun, etc. I take it you're a big Elvis fan? One of the greatest ever and quite the interesting character, and Graceland reflects that and will be an absolute blast.

And not to pile too much pressure on you, but I can assure you from experience that there are influential eyes and ears all over Nashville, even/especially at open mic nights. The city is completely enveloped by the music industry and a lot of money is spent and made trying to unearth the next star, and people are friendlier and more straightforward than other music meccas. So, chat up the locals quite a bit and ace a few of those open mics, and there's a good chance you'll be hearing from somebody who can really help you in your career.

Downside to the city, though, is that nearly everyone you meet has some serious chops, even dishwashers, and it's an EXTREMELY competitive and insular scene. In other words, it's really hard to get your foot in the door, but if you do, the view is really nice.

It's also just a great city that is the perfect size to visit for a few days (or a week, in your case). I don't know who is playing while you're there, but you really need to see shows at the Ryman, the Bluebird and the the Station Inn if you haven't already. I'm sure you know them, they're very famous, but they are truly worth the price of admission and especially if you are a musician. You'll learn something, I promise, and you never know who you'll bump into (sometimes literally).

Most of all, have fun and enjoy doing what you love (soberly) in such a special setting. Don't expect anything, appreciate it while it lasts and you'll have those memories the rest of your life. Best wishes Kins.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 0:26]
A thinly veiled post on 01:48 - May 4 with 774 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 00:16 - May 4 by Nirvana

Hey Kinsey,

Just wanted to say good luck, break a leg, have fun, etc. I take it you're a big Elvis fan? One of the greatest ever and quite the interesting character, and Graceland reflects that and will be an absolute blast.

And not to pile too much pressure on you, but I can assure you from experience that there are influential eyes and ears all over Nashville, even/especially at open mic nights. The city is completely enveloped by the music industry and a lot of money is spent and made trying to unearth the next star, and people are friendlier and more straightforward than other music meccas. So, chat up the locals quite a bit and ace a few of those open mics, and there's a good chance you'll be hearing from somebody who can really help you in your career.

Downside to the city, though, is that nearly everyone you meet has some serious chops, even dishwashers, and it's an EXTREMELY competitive and insular scene. In other words, it's really hard to get your foot in the door, but if you do, the view is really nice.

It's also just a great city that is the perfect size to visit for a few days (or a week, in your case). I don't know who is playing while you're there, but you really need to see shows at the Ryman, the Bluebird and the the Station Inn if you haven't already. I'm sure you know them, they're very famous, but they are truly worth the price of admission and especially if you are a musician. You'll learn something, I promise, and you never know who you'll bump into (sometimes literally).

Most of all, have fun and enjoy doing what you love (soberly) in such a special setting. Don't expect anything, appreciate it while it lasts and you'll have those memories the rest of your life. Best wishes Kins.

That's a really nice post Nirvana, thank you.

I'm actually not that big an Elvis fan, the Graceland thing is just where Joe Walsh is performing so the ticket comes with accommodation at Graceland guest house.

I'm a huuuuge eagles fan.

Your so right what you say about Nashville it's teaming with influential musicians producers etc , and that's right? You never know who's who.

The grand ole opry is definitely on the cards. I'm gonna have a VIP tour and see the Charlie Daniel's band while I'm there.

I'm going to do a full blog with pics videos etc updating daily while I'm there so I'll post the link for anyone who's interested.
Once again, thanks for your kind words.

All the best
A thinly veiled post on 09:51 - May 4 with 730 viewsLohengrin

Lower Broadway - fifteen hours of live music all day, every day

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A thinly veiled post on 10:44 - May 4 with 713 viewsDarran

A thinly veiled post on 00:16 - May 4 by Nirvana

Hey Kinsey,

Everyone loves Elvis.

A thinly veiled post on 16:23 - May 4 with 682 viewsKinsey

I can't decide where to watch the game, the normal place or the Everton fan hang out?

Hahaha
A thinly veiled post on 17:05 - May 10 with 582 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A thinly veiled post on 16:23 - May 4 by Kinsey

I can't decide where to watch the game, the normal place or the Everton fan hang out?

Hahaha

So...what did you end up doing on Saturday to watch the game?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A thinly veiled post on 17:06 - May 10 with 580 viewsDarran

A thinly veiled post on 17:05 - May 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

And where are the photos with Joe Walsh?

A thinly veiled post on 17:09 - May 10 with 575 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 17:05 - May 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

Brass door. Also ended up performing there and booking a week of gigs later this year!
A thinly veiled post on 17:10 - May 10 with 573 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 17:06 - May 10 by Darran

And where are the photos with Joe Walsh?

Literally had the pics sent to me 5 mins ago. I went to the tom petty/ joe Walsh gig on Monday as well as a guest of Mr Walsh. Amazing experience
A thinly veiled post on 17:19 - May 10 with 561 viewsDarran

A thinly veiled post on 17:10 - May 10 by Kinsey

Literally had the pics sent to me 5 mins ago. I went to the tom petty/ joe Walsh gig on Monday as well as a guest of Mr Walsh. Amazing experience

That's awesome we need pics.

A thinly veiled post on 18:37 - May 10 with 532 viewsNirvana

A thinly veiled post on 17:09 - May 10 by Kinsey

Brass door. Also ended up performing there and booking a week of gigs later this year!

Cheers Kinsey, hope you had a great time in Music City.
A thinly veiled post on 18:56 - May 10 with 518 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 18:37 - May 10 by Nirvana

Cheers Kinsey, hope you had a great time in Music City.

Just amazing. Just about to hop on the greyhound for Nashville.
A thinly veiled post on 19:09 - May 10 with 511 viewsNirvana

A thinly veiled post on 18:56 - May 10 by Kinsey

Just amazing. Just about to hop on the greyhound for Nashville.

Oh, my mistake.

Correction: I hope you had a great time going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee.

And I hope you have an even better time in Music City (Nashville).
A thinly veiled post on 19:10 - May 10 with 504 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A thinly veiled post on 17:09 - May 10 by Kinsey

Cool - was it an Everton hang out like my contact suggested?

A thinly veiled post on 19:41 - May 10 with 479 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 19:10 - May 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

Cool - was it an Everton hang out like my contact suggested?

It wasn't sadly! Irish guy owns the place and he's a gooner. They will however have a swans shirt hanging on the wall.
A thinly veiled post on 20:21 - May 10 with 463 viewsDarran

I thought you were going to email me Kins?

A thinly veiled post on 20:44 - May 10 with 442 viewsKinsey

A thinly veiled post on 20:21 - May 10 by Darran

I thought you were going to email me Kins?

I did. Didn't you get it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024