Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? 06:50 - May 10 with 12832 viewsscotty68

Only just joined here lads but I have read the site regular and have seen all the debates and all the criticism Huw Jenkins has received etc. But credit where it's due surely he has redeemed himself with the success of his January Transfers and the prices he has paid for them. Every 1 person on here slated Tom Carrol , Jordan Ayew, Martin Olsssen, and 1 or 2 others but look how well they have done. Who would have picked Alfie Mawson ?? He was slated too. Would you swap him back for Ash now ? Him and Fernandez are rock solid and will only improve next year . Football is all about opinions and I just feel he needs to be cut some slack . I'm pretty sure he went on to the Americans and said ' look get rid of Bradley I've got to live in this city and it's not working ' It's been a really difficult season on and off the field and 1 where we need to learn from mistakes . The transfer window last January was crazy prices and it's easy to make rash decisions. Imagine we bought 3 players at £15million like Baston and they didn't work out . We would be doomed. Our market is the average premier league player valued up to £7 million max . Mid table for swans is punching above our weight . We look a decent side now and fingers crossed I'm sure we will be fine and normal service to resume next year.

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 06:50 - May 10 with 4701 viewsDr_Winston

He can redeem himself by f*cking off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:02 - May 10 with 4666 viewspencoedjack

I'd try reading them again if you think January's transfer window would redeem Jenkins
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:17 - May 10 with 4603 viewsSTID2017

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 06:50 - May 10 by Dr_Winston

He can redeem himself by f*cking off.

So even if we stay up, sort ourselves out in the summer and make a better fist of it next season, say finish in the top half playing decent football, you still reckon the pitchforks will be out marching towards the stadium at some point ?
I dion't see it myself - most fans are more concerned with what happens on the field.
I'm not promoting either viewpoint - just playing Devil's Advocate

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:18 - May 10 with 4597 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:17 - May 10 by STID2017

So even if we stay up, sort ourselves out in the summer and make a better fist of it next season, say finish in the top half playing decent football, you still reckon the pitchforks will be out marching towards the stadium at some point ?
I dion't see it myself - most fans are more concerned with what happens on the field.
I'm not promoting either viewpoint - just playing Devil's Advocate

I don't doubt for a second that many, perhaps most people would forgive and forget what he did should that happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:20 - May 10 with 4585 viewsgosfordjack

Jenkins the slimey c**t needs to resign immediately. The club will be better off without the
gutter rat.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:37 - May 10 with 4531 viewswaynekerr55

"I'm sure he went to the Americans"

Like fúck the did. He took it up the Gary to maintain his 500k salary. All parties have tarnished what should be god like status

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:40 - May 10 with 4518 viewsMrSwerve

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:37 - May 10 by waynekerr55

"I'm sure he went to the Americans"

Like fúck the did. He took it up the Gary to maintain his 500k salary. All parties have tarnished what should be god like status

The big nosed c*nt.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:43 - May 10 with 4497 views34dfgdf54

F*ck Huw Jenkins. I'd love nothing more than us getting safe this weekend, and next weeks game against West Brom being 90 minutes of complete abuse towards the absolute w@nker.

Jenkins Out
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:48 - May 10 with 4468 viewsscotty68

So when we first got promoted would anyone have taken 17th place 1 point ahead in our hands with 2 games to go. Of course we would have cos it was beyond our wildest dreams to see premiership football on our doorstop. Sometimes we need to take a step back and see where we are. Like I say who would you have signed ? No one had heard of Mawson . He be England international and captain of Swans in no time and worth £40million. Yes and prob sold but that's how clubs like Swans servive .
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:51 - May 10 with 4445 viewsKilkennyjack

He took the money.
He shafted the Trust.
He is on £500,000 per year still and the football side has declined rapidly.

Jenkins Out.

Beware of the Risen People

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:55 - May 10 with 4427 viewsmax936

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:43 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck Huw Jenkins. I'd love nothing more than us getting safe this weekend, and next weeks game against West Brom being 90 minutes of complete abuse towards the absolute w@nker.

Jenkins Out

This in spades

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:57 - May 10 with 4413 viewspencoedjack

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 07:43 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

Jenkins Out

I agree Risca

A week Saturday will hopefully give an opportunity to show the sellouts what we think of them.

Give the Yanks something to think about over the summer.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:03 - May 10 with 4384 viewsSmileyBwoi

Jenkins was great until we all found out what HAPPEND with the money. Swansea have been poor all season until clement took charge we finally found our rhythm, JACK ARMY HUW OUT

Poll: Who should we sign in January?

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:08 - May 10 with 4363 viewsheadcleaner

So buying a few average championship standard players makes everything A OK ? I don't know who to be more disgusted with sometimes - the scumbags Jenkins Morgan Dineen etc or the people who constantly hang onto their coattail X like their honourable honest trustworthy men who should be looked up to.

Regardless of what they might have done 5, 10, 15 years ago is irrelevant due to what they've done over the last 18 months. Never forgive - never forget. Jenkins out!

I'd love to win Saturday so we can let the current and past board know what we really think of them and whilst they'll no doubt be quaffing the champers and patting each other on the back at least they'll have us ringing in their ears.

#STID #JENKINSOUT
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:13 - May 10 with 4331 viewsmonmouth

1. Read the accounts

2. Read what the liar has said and done to make his selfish fortune and rip the entire heart and soul out of the club, whilst turning us from one of the most respected clubs in the league into a laughing stock, playing like Stoke, owned by clueless, faceless money men that will make Tony Petty look like Santa Claus if things turn bad.

3 Then come back and admit you are wrong. Unless you think just staying in the premier circus is worth sacrificing everything that made the club special. In which case, you repel me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:14 - May 10 with 4329 viewsscotty68

Average championship players lol. Brian Clough used to take players who on the scrap heap and make them world class . I wonder if the forest fans slated him . John Robertson was 18 stone when clough signed him smoking 40 a day ha ha. So Jordan Ayew ( not in same class) but an avaerage championship player yea. Well he be 1 of first on my team sheet now. That type of average player can play for a mid table prem team all his career. And that's where the Swans are . Simple.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:14 - May 10 with 4324 viewsswan65split

Redeemed himself !!! My arse!
Feck off

You must be a Plant!
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:17 - May 10 with 4310 viewsscotty68

I believe Jenkins took his eye off the ball and hit the jackpot picking up £7mill or whatever . I would have done the same . He didn't owe us anything. No one would have cared if he lost his house when he put money ( along with others) to save Swans. So don't begrudge him and be jealous. He should have a Statue
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:20 - May 10 with 4297 viewsheadcleaner

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:14 - May 10 by scotty68

Average championship players lol. Brian Clough used to take players who on the scrap heap and make them world class . I wonder if the forest fans slated him . John Robertson was 18 stone when clough signed him smoking 40 a day ha ha. So Jordan Ayew ( not in same class) but an avaerage championship player yea. Well he be 1 of first on my team sheet now. That type of average player can play for a mid table prem team all his career. And that's where the Swans are . Simple.

What a crushing bore. WUM - it's too early in the day to be a clown. We're not a mid table side atm mainly due to Jenkins and his decisions and signings. Quite what cloughie and his coaching skills have to do with us is baffling.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:23 - May 10 with 4278 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:17 - May 10 by scotty68

I believe Jenkins took his eye off the ball and hit the jackpot picking up £7mill or whatever . I would have done the same . He didn't owe us anything. No one would have cared if he lost his house when he put money ( along with others) to save Swans. So don't begrudge him and be jealous. He should have a Statue

Ah right, a WUM.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:24 - May 10 with 4268 viewsscotty68

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:13 - May 10 by monmouth

1. Read the accounts

2. Read what the liar has said and done to make his selfish fortune and rip the entire heart and soul out of the club, whilst turning us from one of the most respected clubs in the league into a laughing stock, playing like Stoke, owned by clueless, faceless money men that will make Tony Petty look like Santa Claus if things turn bad.

3 Then come back and admit you are wrong. Unless you think just staying in the premier circus is worth sacrificing everything that made the club special. In which case, you repel me.

So what would you have done different. It's a ruthless business. It's not nicey nicey. Agents fees etc. All a ruthless business. I have heard some ppl say they would be happy ' to have their club back and be in league 2 '. Bloody hell where's the ambition ? What's point in living ? Like I say he's made mistakes. He's admitted that. But he made some excellent signings and got good value.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:27 - May 10 with 4258 viewsswan65split

FFS WHAT A a load of twaddle we are not even safe ! Lets see what happens if we go down Redeemed ? bullshyte

whatever the reason the players are doing by paying for the tickets this Saturday, its a great gesture.

As a gesture to say I am sorry the T"at could have paid for the fans travel expense out of his 7 million and 500k a year.

My gesture to a Judas is a 2 fingered one.
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:34 - May 10 with 4208 viewsscotty68

My point being someone mentioned we signing ' average championship players '. So I'm asking who should we sign and for how much ? We all seem to know better don't we ? U can sign an average player and it can work out for u. Surely Ayew is good buy at £5m ? In this day and age
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:35 - May 10 with 4199 viewsheadcleaner

It's not his football club - never has been never will be. It's our club. He used it to line his pockets and to hell with anything good he might have had a hand in up to that point. He deserves all the vitriol and more it's a shame we've struggled and people have shifted their focus because had we been mid table it might have been a little bit more uncomfortable for him to say the least.

As for people like you scotty68 can you come up with a more compelling argument than "if it was me I'd do the same". I'm sure deep down you would at least think about that and how shafting tens of thousands of people to line your pockets is a good thing I'm glad some of us feel the opposite and think that the rewards they'd gained was more than recompense for what they are alleged to have done over a decade ago. 500k a year for a job he's not qualified to do. Divvies every year or so it's not a bad return. But being economical with the truth, withholding details going behind people's backs, hanging so called friends out to dry is that what you'd happily be remembered for? I'm sure his family will be so proud
Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:36 - May 10 with 4193 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins Redeemed Himself ? on 08:24 - May 10 by scotty68

So what would you have done different. It's a ruthless business. It's not nicey nicey. Agents fees etc. All a ruthless business. I have heard some ppl say they would be happy ' to have their club back and be in league 2 '. Bloody hell where's the ambition ? What's point in living ? Like I say he's made mistakes. He's admitted that. But he made some excellent signings and got good value.

What would we have done differently?

How about:

Keeping less of a six figure salary as chairman and appointing a proper recruitment team with the other half/two thirds of salary used on this
Stop meddling in team affairs (managers are over rated)
Not stitched the trust up
Ran the commercial arm properly

Anything else? I can go on.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024