Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to replace Britton next season? 15:29 - May 14 with 15089 viewsSwansea93

No suprise we picked up form when he came back into the team, I'd love for him to carry on week in week out next season but I think we need to consider his replacement for the team. Joey would of been the perfect one we all know that but unfortunately it won't happen.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:32 - May 14 with 5978 viewsTheFranchise

We need to hire a Spanish scout, send him to the barca academy for a few weeks.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:34 - May 14 with 5961 viewsjack247

Potentially Carroll could do that role. I'd never have said that during his last an spell with us.

Leon doesn't do anything extravagant, he just has superb anticipation and reads the game like a book. What he does, he does better than anyone. A neat and tidy, energetic footballer like Carroll would be my bet, but don't rule Leon out of playing a part next season, even if it is for an hour at a time and he is rested now and then.

I know I'll get slaughtered for this and I'm not suggesting him as a Leon replacement, but Ki did a great job for the first half or so yesterday. When we have a numerical advantage in midfield he looks a very good player.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:41 - May 14 with 5907 viewsdeanscfc

Don't write him off yet. Watch that second goal - Olsson does some good work to start it off but Britton always seems to make the right decisions. This time it was to charge forward into a dangerous position and make the pass. He has been quality. We definitely need to strengthen but there is life in Britton yet even if as a bit part player.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:30 - May 15 with 5673 viewsNirvana

Vincent Koziello.

I posted this a week or so ago, and I'll do it here too.

"Koziello, #26 on Nice, is easily identifiable because of his low socks and blonde hair. He has the touch, technique and stature of Leon, and reads the game in an eerily similar and intense manner. Head up on a swivel, arms out, always on the turn looking for that quick, incisive pass to get out of danger and open up the pitch.

If you watch closely, you'll notice he calmly and quietly bosses the midfield here a la Leon, while Seri pulls the strings alongside him, and this is against PSG. He's a future captain and can also play more advanced or in a box-to-box role, and we could use that kind of personality and versatility. His workrate and positioning are also exceptional, and he's only 21.

We need to be looking at this caliber of player from now on, not the reject bin, and there isn't a more pressing issue than midfield. I think we could get him if we're proactive enough, and Leon would make one hell of a mentor."

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:31 - May 15 with 5659 viewsLoyal

Britton was written off three seasons ago.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:39 - May 15 with 5621 viewsLord_Bony

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:31 - May 15 by Loyal

Britton was written off three seasons ago.

No reason why he can't make a regular 60 to 70 minute appearance most weeks.

He still has a huge positive influence on the midfield.

When he's getting a bit knackered get him off..simple.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:15 - May 15 with 5491 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Britton really does not contribute as much as he used to in that position. It is his discipline, knowing that sprinting 30 yards up field to make a sliding challenge leaving his defence exposed is a ridiculous idea, is what has been key to us the past few weeks.

Unfortunately that is what Jack Cork does most of the time. Even as recently as the Everton match he nearly gifted Lukaku a goal by deciding to make a sliding challenge 15 yards into Everton's half, instead of protecting his defence.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 00:03 - May 16 with 5384 viewsnyc_swans

could be worth a bid on Emre Can. can function as a CM, but also pitch in all along the back line. he's entering the last year of his contract, and i don't think he would be out of reach.
Login to get fewer ads

Who to replace Britton next season? on 07:27 - May 16 with 5278 viewsNirvana

Who to replace Britton next season? on 00:03 - May 16 by nyc_swans

could be worth a bid on Emre Can. can function as a CM, but also pitch in all along the back line. he's entering the last year of his contract, and i don't think he would be out of reach.

I think Can would make a great player for us but I highly doubt that would ever happen. I think that world class goal he scored recently basically ensured Liverpool will give him an extension.

I don't understand why Klopp would move him, it makes very little sense for the club or Can. It's a perfect fit in my mind, he just needs patience to grow into his role there. I'd expect Klopp knows that and they're simply playing hardball with his wages.

But I'll add on to my previous post that Koziello only has a year left on his contract, as well, and is younger and fits our ideal style of play better than Can. I'll keep banging the drum until he's snatched up by Southampton or somebody, but Koziello would be the perfect signing for our midfield and squad.

Jenkins really needs to make a concerted effort to get him, and he needs to do it early this year.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 08:50 - May 16 with 5198 viewscockneyswan

Tom Carol is tailor made to become Leon's replacement . I think with Leon's and PCs guidance Tom has all of the necessary tools, no need to spunk away millions on untried players. Don't let's make the Joe Allen mistake again.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 09:46 - May 16 with 5128 viewsBloodyhills

Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:34 - May 14 by jack247

Potentially Carroll could do that role. I'd never have said that during his last an spell with us.

Leon doesn't do anything extravagant, he just has superb anticipation and reads the game like a book. What he does, he does better than anyone. A neat and tidy, energetic footballer like Carroll would be my bet, but don't rule Leon out of playing a part next season, even if it is for an hour at a time and he is rested now and then.

I know I'll get slaughtered for this and I'm not suggesting him as a Leon replacement, but Ki did a great job for the first half or so yesterday. When we have a numerical advantage in midfield he looks a very good player.

I agree with a lot of what you say but for me, one of Ki's big drawbacks is concentration. He has a tendency to switch off for moments and that's dangerous for the team.

It's a shame as he is not a bad player and does a great job when he's up for it.

I think some of the best games I've seen him play were for Sunderland where he linked up well with Borini. Seems he was motivated there.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Who to replace Britton next season? on 09:50 - May 16 with 5114 viewsLeonWasGod

Who to replace Britton next season? on 00:03 - May 16 by nyc_swans

Well his agent wanted him to have £70k a week and he's in and around a potential Champions League team. I can't see us having a snowball in hell's chance of wanting to shop in that particular store. I look forward to being surprised though.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 12:45 - May 16 with 5030 views34dfgdf54

Who to replace Britton next season? on 08:50 - May 16 by cockneyswan

Tom Carol is tailor made to become Leon's replacement . I think with Leon's and PCs guidance Tom has all of the necessary tools, no need to spunk away millions on untried players. Don't let's make the Joe Allen mistake again.

Tom Carroll to replace Leon?

I do despair.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 12:54 - May 16 with 5021 viewsgolly47

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:30 - May 15 by Nirvana

Vincent Koziello.

I posted this a week or so ago, and I'll do it here too.

"Koziello, #26 on Nice, is easily identifiable because of his low socks and blonde hair. He has the touch, technique and stature of Leon, and reads the game in an eerily similar and intense manner. Head up on a swivel, arms out, always on the turn looking for that quick, incisive pass to get out of danger and open up the pitch.

If you watch closely, you'll notice he calmly and quietly bosses the midfield here a la Leon, while Seri pulls the strings alongside him, and this is against PSG. He's a future captain and can also play more advanced or in a box-to-box role, and we could use that kind of personality and versatility. His workrate and positioning are also exceptional, and he's only 21.

We need to be looking at this caliber of player from now on, not the reject bin, and there isn't a more pressing issue than midfield. I think we could get him if we're proactive enough, and Leon would make one hell of a mentor."

I second this.

Poll: What was worse?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 13:18 - May 16 with 4962 viewsSmellyplumz

No one, it will disrupt the team spirt and huws purse. Clem said so.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:12 - May 16 with 4871 viewsmagicdaps10

Kevin Kampl

But lets get one thing straight

No one can ever replace Leon.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:53 - May 16 with 4796 viewsLeonWasGod

Not in the same league (yet?) as the guys being mentioned in this thread, but I've been quite impressed with our own Adnan Marić the few times I've seen him this season. Has got a tenacity about him, a nice bit of aggression and an eye for a pass.

Not suggesting he's ready to step up, but one that I'm interesting in seeing develop over the next year or two.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:07 - May 16 with 4687 viewsSTID2017

Who to replace Britton next season? on 12:45 - May 16 by 34dfgdf54

I do despair.

Who's gonna replace Tom Carroll then ( Joe Allen perhaps)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:08 - May 16 with 4682 viewsBytholWyn

Who to replace Britton next season? on 07:27 - May 16 by Nirvana

I think Can would make a great player for us but I highly doubt that would ever happen. I think that world class goal he scored recently basically ensured Liverpool will give him an extension.

I don't understand why Klopp would move him, it makes very little sense for the club or Can. It's a perfect fit in my mind, he just needs patience to grow into his role there. I'd expect Klopp knows that and they're simply playing hardball with his wages.

But I'll add on to my previous post that Koziello only has a year left on his contract, as well, and is younger and fits our ideal style of play better than Can. I'll keep banging the drum until he's snatched up by Southampton or somebody, but Koziello would be the perfect signing for our midfield and squad.

Jenkins really needs to make a concerted effort to get him, and he needs to do it early this year.

Koziello is a good shout:

It's remarkable how similar he is to Jonny Williams mind, stylistically and physically (Koziello is 2kg lighter, at 58kg, which takes some doing). I reckon Willimas will be released by Palace in the summer - as he has no chance of playing under Fat Sam. If there's a fee to pay it will be a small one. His injury record is very poor, but a lot of that is down to lousy luck and impact injuries from some dreadful challenges at Championship level and in pre-season friendlies. He should get better protection in the Premier League.

We definitely need to look at a like-for-like long-term replacement for Leon - and Jonny Williams or Koziello may well fit the bill. The former is a bigger gamble on fitness - but should be a cheaper option.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 17:09]
Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:26 - May 16 with 4625 viewscockneyswan

Who to replace Britton next season? on 12:45 - May 16 by 34dfgdf54

I do despair.

Who would you suggest cesc fabrigass on £120k per week? Get real!
Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:28 - May 16 with 4615 viewscockneyswan

Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:07 - May 16 by STID2017

Not a bad shout, however I think Joes price might be a bit rich for Jenkins now 😡
Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:51 - May 16 with 4556 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:07 - May 16 by STID2017

Where's Carroll going then?
[Post edited 16 May 2017 17:52]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who to replace Britton next season? on 18:02 - May 16 with 4514 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who to replace Britton next season? on 15:53 - May 16 by LeonWasGod

Not in the same league (yet?) as the guys being mentioned in this thread, but I've been quite impressed with our own Adnan Marić the few times I've seen him this season. Has got a tenacity about him, a nice bit of aggression and an eye for a pass.

Not suggesting he's ready to step up, but one that I'm interesting in seeing develop over the next year or two.

Adnan didn't play very well last night, he doesn't seem to have progressed quite so much as some of the other under 23s.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 18:02]
Who to replace Britton next season? on 19:54 - May 16 with 4404 viewsSgorioFruit

Replace Leon? What the hell for?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:09 - May 16 with 4378 viewsjack247

Who to replace Britton next season? on 19:54 - May 16 by SgorioFruit

Replace Leon? What the hell for?

Because he can't last a full match anymore. He doesn't need to be replaced completely, but he is very unlikely to play every game and if he does he will need to be taken off.

We certainly need someone else who can do that job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024