Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest 17 WBA 18:03 - May 14 with 18864 viewsRedAlert

We are a group of long term Swansea City supporters who will protest at the continued tenure of Huw Jenkins at the final game of this years premier league season. Certain non visible actions have been undertaken this season to make Jenkins and his cohorts aware we are unhappy at their continued presence at the club.

The reasoning for this is the sale of the club in 2016.

1. The non inclusion of the trust in negotiations. This is because a previous a bidder for our club was vetted by the trust and vetoed resulting in a non sale. The trust were not included in the actual sale some months later obviously due to the original veto.

2. This is because certain board members were to benefit to the tune of some millions and the inclusion of the trust in the sale may have prevented this windfall. Aside to this documentation is in existence that states this was not in agreement and any attempt to do so would be viewed negatively.

3. The non investment in to the club since the unamed American consortium was announced as owners. Yes there are a variety of front men, but these are not the actual owners of SCFC. Their continued payroll of Huw Jenkins is obviously their way of keeping the fans at arms length.

ACTION

To prevent further supporters action we now call upon the current front men in America to remove Huw Jenkins from any role at Swansea City in the week leading up to the WBA home game. If this is not apparent at the conclusion of the game we urge all supporters with Swansea City at heart to walk on to the pitch ( much the same as supporters did when the club reached the play off final v Reading, none were arrested and nobody was banned from the ground ) this is clearly a club precedent which enables supporters to do the same thing on Sunday. The protest we ask is lawful with supporters vocalising their discontent. We do not expect any steward employed by the club to prevent this and request they step aside to enable peaceful protest. Please be advised it is your democratic right to do so and you should not be prevented by any person in a democratic country. Yes, there are a variety of laws in relation to this but as stated stated none were activated after the Nottingham Forest playoff semi final. We expect the same on Sunday. Irrespective of your view we expect this to also to be enabled by those Swansea City supporters content with the current strategy in place for our club by these Americans. If needs be you can protest your dislike from the stand. We do not expect or desire any confrontation between fellow Swansea fans.

Much has been done this season outside of public view, we now encourage Swansea fans to make the step forwards publicly and protest post game on the pitch as to Huw Jenkins continued tenure at the club. We ( all of us ) are a group of supporters who have always been different, we have always had the clubs best interests at heart. Est 2001. Please bring your voices and banners on Sunday to bring about change at our club.

We urged no pitch encroachment until the end of the game and the final whistle.

Now is the time. Protest 2017. In the name of your club, to remove the greed in football.
We understand the website owner can leave this as a header to this forum and respectfully ask they do so.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 18:08]
Protest 17 WBA on 22:58 - May 14 with 1728 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 22:50 - May 14 by LNJack

Lets party not protest.

Never posted before but there seem to be some short memories about. Lets remember what HJ has done for club.

Lets get rid of the link to our past and where we have come from. Get a grip and grow up.

YOU ARE SCOTTY68 AND I CLAIM MY FIVER 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Protest 17 WBA on 23:02 - May 14 with 1715 viewsDarran

Lets party not protest.

Never posted before but there seem to be some short memories about. Lets remember what HJ has done for club.

Lets get rid of the link to our past and where we have come from. Get a grip and grow up.

Bring back Dougie Sharpe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest 17 WBA on 23:12 - May 14 with 1684 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 23:02 - May 14 by Darran

Bring back Dougie Sharpe.

He always looked confused, like he couldn't understand what the fck was going on.
Parochial.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Protest 17 WBA on 23:14 - May 14 with 1678 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 19:45 - May 14 by JacktheCork

Protest all you want. Nobody is listening.

Why not ?
Are you hearing impaired ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Protest 17 WBA on 23:17 - May 14 with 1665 viewsshenleymun

Doug Sharpe? Malcolm Struel was the man who took us to Division One.

Some twonk earlier in this thread was warbling about "our once famous identity and style of play". For most of my life except 78-82 and the last five years it could be summed up as "being crap against Rochdale". HJ has had something to do with changing that.
Protest 17 WBA on 23:22 - May 14 with 1645 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 19:45 - May 14 by JacktheCork

Protest all you want. Nobody is listening.

If you think staying up by the skin of our teeth has saved Jenkins bacon then your mistaken my friend, he has burnt his bridges and to coin a good old Irish Gaelic phrase "Tiochfaidh Aŕ Là" ( our day will come) ☝

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Protest 17 WBA on 23:23 - May 14 with 1641 viewsDarran

Protest 17 WBA on 23:17 - May 14 by shenleymun

Some twonk earlier in this thread was warbling about "our once famous identity and style of play". For most of my life except 78-82 and the last five years it could be summed up as "being crap against Rochdale". HJ has had something to do with changing that.

This is a brilliant post.

I've said many times on here this "Swansea Way" tag is complete and utter bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest 17 WBA on 23:28 - May 14 with 1632 viewsmahoss

Protest 17 WBA on 23:17 - May 14 by shenleymun

Great post
Absolutely spot on.
Login to get fewer ads

Protest 17 WBA on 23:31 - May 14 with 1621 viewsLNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 23:22 - May 14 by Swanjaxs

If you think staying up by the skin of our teeth has saved Jenkins bacon then your mistaken my friend, he has burnt his bridges and to coin a good old Irish Gaelic phrase "Tiochfaidh Aŕ Là" ( our day will come) ☝

"Our day will come" Small group of small minded non fans hounding out the guy who was there when we needed someone to step up!

Another season in the Premier league yes the Premier league I for one still remember how far we have come.

LNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 23:43 - May 14 with 1593 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 23:31 - May 14 by LNJack

"Our day will come" Small group of small minded non fans hounding out the guy who was there when we needed someone to step up!

Another season in the Premier league yes the Premier league I for one still remember how far we have come.

Shut up you fanny and go play on your x box

Protest 17 WBA on 23:49 - May 14 with 1580 viewsLNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 23:43 - May 14 by Swanjaxs

Shut up you fanny and go play on your x box

Impressive and very intellectual response. Maybe I have underestimated you.

If you don't understand the big words ask your teacher in the morning.

LNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 23:51 - May 14 with 1576 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 23:49 - May 14 by LNJack

Impressive and very intellectual response. Maybe I have underestimated you.

If you don't understand the big words ask your teacher in the morning.

Go away now little boy and get up the wooden hill to bedybye 👍

Protest 17 WBA on 23:58 - May 14 with 1565 viewsLNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 23:51 - May 14 by Swanjaxs

Go away now little boy and get up the wooden hill to bedybye 👍

You got me. Going to bed now got work in the morning. May come back may not. With big hard men like you cutting your teeth in the big nasty premier league its a bit frightening!

LNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 00:03 - May 15 with 1550 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 23:58 - May 14 by LNJack

You got me. Going to bed now got work in the morning. May come back may not. With big hard men like you cutting your teeth in the big nasty premier league its a bit frightening!

Nite nite Spencer ❤

Protest 17 WBA on 00:09 - May 15 with 1538 viewsLNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 00:03 - May 15 by Swanjaxs

Nite nite Spencer ❤

Nos da x

LNJack

Protest 17 WBA on 00:42 - May 15 with 1495 viewsDJack

Lets party not protest.

"Lets get rid of the link to our past and where we have come from. Get a grip and grow up."

"Past", "doomed to repeat" do they ring a bell.

Going by your initial post I'm not fussed if you ever post again.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Protest 17 WBA on 00:45 - May 15 with 1492 viewsDJack

...and you posted again.

You say you remember how far we've come...Well done but you've learned no lessons.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Protest 17 WBA on 06:21 - May 15 with 1426 viewswaynekerr55

Protest 17 WBA on 22:04 - May 14 by taffpunk

Well done on staying up, but you know that there will be no real protests. Everyone knows that Premiership survival was everything. Unfortunately, your fans are now no different to ANY other club in England and Wales, including my own team. Sad, but true.

That's the price we pay for being part of the premier league dream.

The game has changed.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Protest 17 WBA on 07:47 - May 15 with 1362 viewsVetchfielder

There has been a rise in messages from sell-out apologists and plants over on SCFC2 recently, probably warming up for whatever happens close season and trying to influence opinion. Looks like it's spreading. Spence has the look of one particular poster from over there.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Protest 17 WBA on 07:55 - May 15 with 1355 viewswaynekerr55

Protest 17 WBA on 07:47 - May 15 by Vetchfielder

There has been a rise in messages from sell-out apologists and plants over on SCFC2 recently, probably warming up for whatever happens close season and trying to influence opinion. Looks like it's spreading. Spence has the look of one particular poster from over there.

Only to be expected. Free enough people JTAK and super stars on the sidelines and it's amazing how the filter in the brain discards anything that it doesn't want to see.

I think the best way now is for the trust to put the vote out about what next steps are and allow the process to be conducted via the appropriate channel. Anything else other than some banners and chants may weaken the Trust's stance.

You can't educate pork, if people don't care about the past and how we were saved (ie the work of all and not just the air brushed JTAK version) or the truth of what happened then fulmination isn't going to do much.

The truth is out there and it will come out.

Protest 17 WBA on 08:11 - May 15 with 1328 viewsSTID2017

Protest 17 WBA on 07:55 - May 15 by waynekerr55

Only to be expected. Free enough people JTAK and super stars on the sidelines and it's amazing how the filter in the brain discards anything that it doesn't want to see.

I think the best way now is for the trust to put the vote out about what next steps are and allow the process to be conducted via the appropriate channel. Anything else other than some banners and chants may weaken the Trust's stance.

You can't educate pork, if people don't care about the past and how we were saved (ie the work of all and not just the air brushed JTAK version) or the truth of what happened then fulmination isn't going to do much.

The truth is out there and it will come out.

Sorry - count me in with uneducated pork.
Back in the early 2000's was it not the people with serious money who saved us from Tony Petty.
I like many contributed what I could but all our efforts together bought 21% of the club as I understand it.
Noww as I say I'm uneducated, so excuse me, but that means 79% was funded by some other means (possibly rich men who went on to push us ultimately to where we are today)
We find ourselves in the PL rather than the fifth division or lower of the Pyramid.
I can see why the pitchforks are needed

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Protest 17 WBA on 08:19 - May 15 with 1306 views34dfgdf54

It's a shame because the players deserve to have a party atmosphere on Sunday, ECB hit the nail on the head after the Everton game, we all know the squad is not good enough, but they have worked their b0llocks off to get us out of the mess.

The job has been done now though, as long as Jenkins and the cronies are here this club will go backwards at the rate of knots, they should hear exactly what we think of them, and the Yanks should be forced to listen.

Forget nothing, forgive no one. Jenkins Out.
Protest 17 WBA on 08:35 - May 15 with 1276 viewswaynekerr55

Protest 17 WBA on 08:11 - May 15 by STID2017

Sorry - count me in with uneducated pork.
Back in the early 2000's was it not the people with serious money who saved us from Tony Petty.
I like many contributed what I could but all our efforts together bought 21% of the club as I understand it.
Noww as I say I'm uneducated, so excuse me, but that means 79% was funded by some other means (possibly rich men who went on to push us ultimately to where we are today)
We find ourselves in the PL rather than the fifth division or lower of the Pyramid.
I can see why the pitchforks are needed

Who rode to power on the back of a "we are in it for the fans" then systematically did everything in their power to further line their pockets, e.g. the Mel Nurse shares for instance. That's not a problem, but just be upfront about it. The whole set up was initially meant to protect the club from a Petty style character and to maintain professional football in the city.

Now I for one have no problem with them cashing out, it is the way it was done. I'm glad that we stayed up as a lot of people would have directly and indirectly been affected by relegation, the city has been decimated enough as it is.

Protest 17 WBA on 08:36 - May 15 with 1273 viewswaynekerr55

Protest 17 WBA on 08:19 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

It's a shame because the players deserve to have a party atmosphere on Sunday, ECB hit the nail on the head after the Everton game, we all know the squad is not good enough, but they have worked their b0llocks off to get us out of the mess.

The job has been done now though, as long as Jenkins and the cronies are here this club will go backwards at the rate of knots, they should hear exactly what we think of them, and the Yanks should be forced to listen.

Forget nothing, forgive no one. Jenkins Out.

Or they could save face and walk away. Give them some kind of life presidency award as a mark of respect for the work they did before they shafted the trust?

Protest 17 WBA on 08:50 - May 15 with 1258 viewsQJumpingJack

If we had been relegated, would there be protests this Sunday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024