Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo 11:24 - May 20 with 10060 viewsperchrockjack

Fail to how anyone could vote for either

Still.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:28 - May 28 with 877 viewsHeadmaster

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:23 - May 28 by blueytheblue

Saudis haven't been in a direct war with Britain that I can ever recall...

Human life is human life, regardless of nationality.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:33 - May 28 with 864 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:28 - May 28 by Headmaster

Human life is human life, regardless of nationality.

If that were true there would be no such thing as treason.

That's like saying that someone British fighting against the Germans in the Second World War is the same as someone British fighting against the British in the Second World War.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:44 - May 28 with 840 viewsTheResurrection

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:33 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

That's like saying that someone British fighting against the Germans in the Second World War is the same as someone British fighting against the British in the Second World War.

You remind me of Theresa May.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:47 - May 28 with 834 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:44 - May 28 by TheResurrection

You remind me of Theresa May.

Lol.

I'm normally accused on here of being a ridiculously liberal snowflake.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:48 - May 28 with 832 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:26 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

As I said in an earlier post, there were loads of secret meetings being held with them. For years. Across all parties. Hurd was a senior member of the Tories at that point and part of the shadow foreign ministry. Corbyn was a back bencher.

It's not relevant. Labour Party sources said that Corbyn wasn't part of their 'people' that were talking to the IRA. Corbyn said this week for some reason he never met them. But meeting them isn't the point.

Hurd had been an MP for three years. I can't imagine he was all that senior. He was a former diplomat though do that may have had something to do with it. Who knows. Agree that it's irrelevant.

Poll: Tory leader

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:54 - May 28 with 823 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:48 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

Hurd had been an MP for three years. I can't imagine he was all that senior. He was a former diplomat though do that may have had something to do with it. Who knows. Agree that it's irrelevant.

He was made a Minster for Foreign Affairs 2 years later. I think he was a shadow minister by 1977.

Anyway, I don't think it's the meeting people that is causing the issue (or wasn't until Corbyn stupidly said he didn't). It's the perception of support from various sides.

Abbott isn't helping matters - she was another car crash on the issue of her own support on Andrew Marr this morning.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:02 - May 28 with 807 viewsblueytheblue

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:54 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

He was made a Minster for Foreign Affairs 2 years later. I think he was a shadow minister by 1977.

Anyway, I don't think it's the meeting people that is causing the issue (or wasn't until Corbyn stupidly said he didn't). It's the perception of support from various sides.

Abbott isn't helping matters - she was another car crash on the issue of her own support on Andrew Marr this morning.

A Minister or Shadow Minister you can understand if not agree about meeting. There are always backchannels of sorts.

The issue is Corbyn's bizarre claims he somehow was involved in peace talks as a justification for his meeting with IRA murderers. It's like with Nixon and Watergate, where the denials and actions afterwards were more damning than the original offence.

You'd figure right now someone at Labour would just tell Abbott to go on holiday for a few decades. Opinions change like hairstyles? She wears a wig ffs - does that mean her opinions now are also fake?

It's an utter embarassment for Labour that somebody with so little talent or ability is anywhere near the shadow cabinet, has one of the big shadow cabinet roles or regularly appears on television representing Labour. Before anyone mentions BoJo, he can at least be funny occasionally.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:03 - May 28 with 809 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:54 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I believe he was SofS for Northern Ireland in one of Thatcher's governments in the 80s.

Diane Abbott is a genuine, bona fide fool who should never be allowed out in public unattended.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 18:06]

Login to get fewer ads

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:04 - May 28 with 809 viewsHeadmaster

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:33 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

No, it really isn't. One life is not worth more than another based purely on nationality. The political/ideological forces behind war create a distinction, but it's not inherent. Bluey said the Saudis have never been in a "direct war" with us, inferring that there should be no outrage at May's deal to arm them with weapons. Or, at least, the outrage should not be on the same level as Corbyn and the IRA.

The Saudis had a key role in 9/11, an attack which led to British troops being deployed in the Middle East. Many were obviously killed. By continuing to arm the Saudis, May is supporting a regime which has supported terrorist attacks that have led to wars in which British troops have been killed. That is without considering the killings of innocents in Yemen. Now, in my view, that is definitely something to be outraged about.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:06 - May 28 with 803 viewsblueytheblue

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:03 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

I believe he was SofS for Northern Ireland in one of Thatcher's governments in the 80s.

Diane Abbott is a genuine, bona fide fool who should never be allowed out in public unattended.

Diane Abbott has a degree, you know.

Clearly that's proof tuition fees need to be raised.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:25 - May 28 with 791 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:04 - May 28 by Headmaster

No, it really isn't. One life is not worth more than another based purely on nationality. The political/ideological forces behind war create a distinction, but it's not inherent. Bluey said the Saudis have never been in a "direct war" with us, inferring that there should be no outrage at May's deal to arm them with weapons. Or, at least, the outrage should not be on the same level as Corbyn and the IRA.

The Saudis had a key role in 9/11, an attack which led to British troops being deployed in the Middle East. Many were obviously killed. By continuing to arm the Saudis, May is supporting a regime which has supported terrorist attacks that have led to wars in which British troops have been killed. That is without considering the killings of innocents in Yemen. Now, in my view, that is definitely something to be outraged about.

Firstly I have said over and over, including this afternoon, that our relationship with Saudi is a stain on all of us. I find it abhorrent that we continue to do business with them. For all sorts of reasons.

Secondly, on a matter of morality, a life is always 'worth' the same. One of the things that makes me sick is the way that some, particularly on the right, dismiss some lives as being somehow 'less' than our own. It's repugnant.

However, that's not the point I was making. For political leaders, or any other citizen of a country for that matter, there is an obvious distinction between acting in a way that is consistent with the policy of the UK (however morally repugnant), to acting in a way which is contrary to that policy. In any 'war' (I include Northern Ireland in that definition for these purposes), 'our' lives are, on the face of it, not more important than the lives of those that are our 'enemies', but that doesn't mean that supporting those who would do 'us' harm is equivalent to supporting our own in doing others harm.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:50 - May 28 with 765 viewsGroo

I for one welcomed the removal Saddam, just as much as I'd welcome the removal of the likes of Mugabe, Kim-Jong and Assad, I'd also add the house of Saud. Despotic leaders who care nothing for the people they govern, are either un-elected or rig elections in their favour.

They are free to murder and/or torture any that raise a dissenting voice.

The issue is how to remove them? Can they change? The US intervenes only when its in their self interest and usually because of oil. They do so with the wrong intentions and no plan of the aftermath which usually means an even worse situation.

I can't understand people who say it's their Country we should leave them to it, it's like saying the people who live there, their lives don't matter, it's not happening here, so that's OK.

I don't know the answer I really don't, perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps the people living under depots are having a lovely life and along we come with the Americans and spoil it all.

The trouble with ISIS is they have an aim, to convert or kill every human being on the planet.

Corbyn wants to talk to them, go figure.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:51 - May 28 with 761 viewsHeadmaster

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:25 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Firstly I have said over and over, including this afternoon, that our relationship with Saudi is a stain on all of us. I find it abhorrent that we continue to do business with them. For all sorts of reasons.

Secondly, on a matter of morality, a life is always 'worth' the same. One of the things that makes me sick is the way that some, particularly on the right, dismiss some lives as being somehow 'less' than our own. It's repugnant.

However, that's not the point I was making. For political leaders, or any other citizen of a country for that matter, there is an obvious distinction between acting in a way that is consistent with the policy of the UK (however morally repugnant), to acting in a way which is contrary to that policy. In any 'war' (I include Northern Ireland in that definition for these purposes), 'our' lives are, on the face of it, not more important than the lives of those that are our 'enemies', but that doesn't mean that supporting those who would do 'us' harm is equivalent to supporting our own in doing others harm.

There doesn't seem to be too much disagreement here. My initial point was to highlight the hypocrisy of those who criticise Corbyn for supporting the IRA (however valid the criticism) whilst brushing aside May's support for the Saudi arms deals that lead to the deaths of innocent people. Except, in this case, the innocents are Yemeni not British which, in my view, is inconsequential.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:58 - May 28 with 753 viewsHeadmaster

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:50 - May 28 by Groo

I for one welcomed the removal Saddam, just as much as I'd welcome the removal of the likes of Mugabe, Kim-Jong and Assad, I'd also add the house of Saud. Despotic leaders who care nothing for the people they govern, are either un-elected or rig elections in their favour.

The issue is how to remove them? Can they change? The US intervenes only when its in their self interest and usually because of oil. They do so with the wrong intentions and no plan of the aftermath which usually means an even worse situation.

I can't understand people who say it's their Country we should leave them to it, it's like saying the people who live there, their lives don't matter, it's not happening here, so that's OK.

I don't know the answer I really don't, perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps the people living under depots are having a lovely life and along we come with the Americans and spoil it all.

The trouble with ISIS is they have an aim, to convert or kill every human being on the planet.

Corbyn has never said he wants to talk to ISIS. He has said he wants to cut off their financing, arms, and oil revenues as a starting point to destabilising their network.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:06 - May 28 with 744 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:50 - May 28 by Groo

I'd also like every evil and despotic regime on the planet to disappear as well but we don't have the right, resources or authority to go around the world disposing st will of regimes we don't approve of.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:36 - May 28 with 724 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:03 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

I heard from a good friend who has family working at the beeb. He's been told that Abbott is the most lazy, arrogant fool they have to deal with. Always arrives with an advisor in tow and always I'll prepared...allegedly of course.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:38 - May 28 with 721 viewsJack_Meoff

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:51 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

I coukd be wrong but I don't actually think the electorate at large will give a shit about this. It's not new either. Corbyn's support for the Irish republican cause and who he mixed with during those years has been a matter of public record for years. It certainly won't cgange my win plan to vote (tactically) for Labour.

Yes, they will. Murdoch and Dacre will ensure they do.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:45 - May 28 with 716 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:36 - May 28 by waynekerr55

I heard from a good friend who has family working at the beeb. He's been told that Abbott is the most lazy, arrogant fool they have to deal with. Always arrives with an advisor in tow and always I'll prepared...allegedly of course.

This is you, and I claim my 100 Rubles...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:49 - May 28 with 710 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:45 - May 28 by swanjackal

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:49 - May 28 with 709 viewsblueytheblue

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:58 - May 28 by Headmaster

Corbyn has never said he wants to talk to ISIS. He has said he wants to cut off their financing, arms, and oil revenues as a starting point to destabilising their network.

That's been going on for a while. I know Corbyn believes he has all the answers, but I suspect he struggles with the questions.

Now, once the financial side is looked at, in terms of expelling Daesh from the cities and regions they've hijacked, how will Corbyn do that? A stern glance, maybe with an upraised eyebrow indicating extreme annoyance?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 20:22 - May 28 with 681 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:45 - May 28 by swanjackal

If only 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 21:27 - May 28 with 655 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:49 - May 28 by blueytheblue

That's been going on for a while. I know Corbyn believes he has all the answers, but I suspect he struggles with the questions.

Now, once the financial side is looked at, in terms of expelling Daesh from the cities and regions they've hijacked, how will Corbyn do that? A stern glance, maybe with an upraised eyebrow indicating extreme annoyance?

Probably by reading an angry email from Jenny, aged 24 from Chipping Sodbury.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 21:56 - May 28 with 634 viewsJango

Take away their funding and weapon supply and they are pretty useless really. It's not that hard.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 22:03 - May 28 with 626 viewsJango

Britain is now the second biggest arms dealer in the world, official government figures show — with most of the weapons fuelling deadly conflicts in the Middle East.

Since 2010 Britain has also sold arms to 39 of the 51 countries ranked “not free” on the Freedom House "Freedom in the world" report, and 22 of the 30 countries on the UK Government’s own human rights watch list.

A full two-thirds of UK weapons over this period were sold to Middle Eastern countries, where instability has fed into increased risk of terror threats to Britain and across the West.

Putting a stop to this atrocity would be a start, something Corbyn would fight for but May would no interest in
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 01:30 - May 29 with 585 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder if there any photos of Jeremy placing a wreath at the grave of one of the terrorists from the Munich Olympics?

Perhaps he'll deny he was ever there, like how he lied about meeting with convicted terrorists from the IRA.

What terrorist organisations is he not linked to?!

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024