Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another season of struggle say the bookies 16:04 - May 26 with 4315 viewsE20Jack

Although impossible to price accurately due to it being before the summer transfer window, they have instilled us as 4th favourite for relegation.

Brighton - 6/5
Burnley - 6/4
Watford - 6/4
Swansea - 2/1
Newcastle - 7/2
Palace - 9/2

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 18:55 - May 26 with 1179 viewsjasper_T

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 16:45 - May 26 by JBT95

That lightweight squad had the best run of any of our premier league squads. We picked up 29 points from 19 games.

Not sure what else you want.

Guidolin had a great run in his second half of a season, too. Didn't mean we weren't going to be right back in the muck last season.

The squad needs serious investment, most squads do, and we're probably considered one of the least likely teams to do that properly.

I expect another painful season.
Another season of struggle say the bookies on 19:03 - May 26 with 1168 viewsRancid

I think we'll do really well under Clement next season.2 or 3 of his own signings and watch us go.
Another season of struggle say the bookies on 19:04 - May 26 with 1168 viewsE20Jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 17:32 - May 26 by Valerie

Newcastle who are champions they are not 6/5.

Let's just see what Swansea's price is on Tuesday,I think
we will get over 2/1.

Either way, the point remains. Play off winners aren't going to be a bigger price than Brighton who were all but champions until that final day.

You probably can get more than 2/1 now somewhere, but the price won't budge from where it is now on 365 which is the site quoted. It's already in the pricing that someone will be coming up next week and odds on to go down.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 19:15 - May 26 with 1142 viewsE20Jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 17:01 - May 26 by Glyn1

This is really good news. This season I bet £10 on the Swans to win on each match and finished comfortably in profit. You couldn't do that with the top 6 teams because their odds would be too short; nor with most lower teams because they lost too many matches, but the Swans were just right. Long may the bookies continue to underestimate us.

You would have made a £22 loss from my calculations. Would have been a £122 loss had we not beaten Liverpool.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:54 - May 26 with 1090 viewsGlyn1

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 19:15 - May 26 by E20Jack

You would have made a £22 loss from my calculations. Would have been a £122 loss had we not beaten Liverpool.

Fantastic E20Jack! That's impressive hard work by you. I think I came out just about £20 up, betting wherever was most convenient. The Liverpool result certainly got me out of a hole and I'm going to try this again next time.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 21:06 - May 26 with 1079 viewsjack247

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 16:34 - May 26 by Jackfath

I'll reserve judgment on next season until I see what the owners do to take us to the next level in terms of incoming players to strengthen a lightweight squad.

Agree wth this. The starting eleven is probably top half, but the squad is very lightweight. We were lucky not to pick up injuries to key players after Hull butchered Llorente and both fullbacks.
Another season of struggle say the bookies on 21:13 - May 26 with 1067 viewsmorningstar

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 17:05 - May 26 by monmouth

Level 42?

I remember seeing Level 42 in Barons back in the day, and here's another one, Shakatak! It's missed on many that Barons was actually the'cool' place to be on certain nights in the early 80's.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 21:40 - May 26 with 1040 viewsZZoric

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 17:08 - May 26 by Jackfath

If we're at level 41 or lower now then yes, level 42.

whoooosh - is the answer to the the universe
Login to get fewer ads

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 22:45 - May 26 with 995 viewsmorningstar

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 21:40 - May 26 by ZZoric

whoooosh - is the answer to the the universe

Now i've spent about 8 hours in the sun/garden/pool today and have obviously sunk quite a few, but are you insinuating that Jackfath doesn't know who Level 42 are? Maybe someone else could help me if i've misunderstood ZZoric's whooosh?

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:07 - May 26 with 974 viewsjack2jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 21:13 - May 26 by morningstar

I remember seeing Level 42 in Barons back in the day, and here's another one, Shakatak! It's missed on many that Barons was actually the'cool' place to be on certain nights in the early 80's.

Saw Shakatak last year in the Jazz club, Uplands, bloody great they were too 😀
They've been there a couple of times, and said they would be back soon.
Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:14 - May 26 with 966 viewsmorningstar

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:07 - May 26 by jack2jack

Saw Shakatak last year in the Jazz club, Uplands, bloody great they were too 😀
They've been there a couple of times, and said they would be back soon.

Seriously, let me know if/when they are!

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:25 - May 26 with 947 viewsbuilthjack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 17:01 - May 26 by Glyn1

This is really good news. This season I bet £10 on the Swans to win on each match and finished comfortably in profit. You couldn't do that with the top 6 teams because their odds would be too short; nor with most lower teams because they lost too many matches, but the Swans were just right. Long may the bookies continue to underestimate us.

I did similar. Made up of various bets on us each week. Season ticket paid for. Long may it continue

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:33 - May 26 with 936 viewsjack2jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:14 - May 26 by morningstar

No problem mate will do
Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:42 - May 26 with 920 viewsbuilthjack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:33 - May 26 by jack2jack

No problem mate will do

Easier said than done

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:52 - May 26 with 918 viewsStarsky

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 23:14 - May 26 by morningstar

From relegation odds to Shakatak in one thread.
Only in planetswans 😂

It's just the internet, init.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 00:45 - May 27 with 889 viewsLord_Bony

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 22:45 - May 26 by morningstar

Now i've spent about 8 hours in the sun/garden/pool today and have obviously sunk quite a few, but are you insinuating that Jackfath doesn't know who Level 42 are? Maybe someone else could help me if i've misunderstood ZZoric's whooosh?

It's from the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

what is the meaning of life?

answer ,,,level 42 of course. Fock knows what it means..

Btw Barons rocked,it was the best.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 08:56 - May 27 with 792 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff only 25/1 for the championship title

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:15 - May 27 with 766 viewsjojaca

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 19:15 - May 26 by E20Jack

I had odds of 16/1 for Liverpool game, so he should have been comfortably in profit for the season.

Even when you know, you never know?

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:22 - May 27 with 758 viewsE20Jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:15 - May 27 by jojaca

I had odds of 16/1 for Liverpool game, so he should have been comfortably in profit for the season.

He may have sneaked a small profit, but certainly would not have been comfortably in profit.

It hinged on one result which took it from a heavy loss to break even/slight profit depending if you got top prices every time, which I doubt the average fan does. If you backed every game (cups as well) then it would certainly have been an overall loss.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 9:23]

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:26 - May 27 with 749 viewsJackfath

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:22 - May 27 by E20Jack

He may have sneaked a small profit, but certainly would not have been comfortably in profit.

It hinged on one result which took it from a heavy loss to break even/slight profit depending if you got top prices every time, which I doubt the average fan does. If you backed every game (cups as well) then it would certainly have been an overall loss.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 9:23]

For this reason, I'm out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:28 - May 27 with 746 viewsE20Jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 09:26 - May 27 by Jackfath

For this reason, I'm out.

the risk to reward ratio certainly is not favourable Fath shall we say.

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:04 - May 28 with 609 viewsOldjack

Every year theses little fuks have down to go down ,and every year we stick two fingers up at them ,when will they ever learn .fuk em!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:17 - May 28 with 596 viewsmorningstar

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:04 - May 28 by Oldjack

Every year theses little fuks have down to go down ,and every year we stick two fingers up at them ,when will they ever learn .fuk em!

You do realise that they aren't actually backing us to go down don't you? In fact, i don't think they have since our first season!

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:29 - May 28 with 580 viewsjack247

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:17 - May 28 by morningstar

You do realise that they aren't actually backing us to go down don't you? In fact, i don't think they have since our first season!

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 20:58 - May 29 with 472 viewsE20Jack

Another season of struggle say the bookies on 16:49 - May 26 by E20Jack

It is already priced up acknowledging another will be added. Swansea's price wont move.

They wont be 13/8 either. I would imagine they would be placed at odds on 10/11 if the Champions are 6/5.

Just for completion....

Huddersfield odds on to go down, Swans remain at 2/1.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024