Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sunday polls 22:41 - May 27 with 7353 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tories 10, 12, 6 or7 points ahead in various polls tonight.

12 days to go.

Poll: Tory leader

The Sunday polls on 22:44 - May 27 with 2865 viewsdickythorpe

The Sunday polls on 00:04 - May 28 with 2816 viewsKilkennyjack

Lets have a full on coalition of chaos led by Jezza and Nicola. That would be sweet.

Beware of the Risen People

The Sunday polls on 00:10 - May 28 with 2808 viewsNeathJack

Lets hope the gap keeps closing at the rate it has since the election was called.
The Sunday polls on 08:44 - May 28 with 2751 viewsexiledclaseboy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/27/corbyn-cuts-mays-lead-voter-app

The Sunday polls on 10:17 - May 28 with 2699 viewsLoyal

This poll is a popularity and approval rating on the individual, not the party.

Remember folks, they get you with bullshit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Sunday polls on 10:51 - May 28 with 2658 viewsHighjack

The polls were neck and neck going into the last election yet it still resulted in a Tory majority, so logic would dictate you'd need labour to be quite a few points ahead to even stand a chance.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Sunday polls on 10:55 - May 28 with 2648 viewsHighjack

In addition, the polls have been skewed for years by the so called "shy Tories" who don't want to admit they're Tories. I wouldn't mind betting that now there are a lot of "shy labourites" who don't want to admit they are voting for corbyn.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Sunday polls on 11:03 - May 28 with 2633 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 10:55 - May 28 by Highjack

In addition, the polls have been skewed for years by the so called "shy Tories" who don't want to admit they're Tories. I wouldn't mind betting that now there are a lot of "shy labourites" who don't want to admit they are voting for corbyn.

I agree on both counts. Time will tell but for me everything still points to a comfortable Tory win, just not the landslide they were expecting and hoping for.

Login to get fewer ads

The Sunday polls on 11:03 - May 28 with 2633 viewsrock1n

Yes highjack is correct it's all meaningless the tories will win and win big just maybe not the annihilation that we thought initially because of the extreme populism chocolate rivers and free unicorns manifesto

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The Sunday polls on 11:06 - May 28 with 2619 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 11:03 - May 28 by rock1n

Yes highjack is correct it's all meaningless the tories will win and win big just maybe not the annihilation that we thought initially because of the extreme populism chocolate rivers and free unicorns manifesto

Also the complete incompetence of the Tory manifesto and campaign will be a big factor.

The Sunday polls on 11:07 - May 28 with 2613 viewsrock1n

The Sunday polls on 11:06 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

Also the complete incompetence of the Tory manifesto and campaign will be a big factor.

Yes absolutely correct as well.

Labour campaign had been superb, tories woeful

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The Sunday polls on 11:08 - May 28 with 2605 viewsHighjack

The Sunday polls on 11:06 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

There's a Tory campaign going on??

The Sunday polls on 11:11 - May 28 with 2600 viewsrock1n

The Sunday polls on 11:08 - May 28 by Highjack

There's a Tory campaign going on??

I think it shows how divided the tories are and how overrated Theresa May is. Brexit will takeover everything eventually and that's why the tories have been so vague because we're all going to be crying soon. This is the calm before the storm, little reported fact in recent GDP figures we grew 0.2% lowest in a long while this is the reason we're having an election

The Sunday polls on 11:38 - May 28 with 2577 viewsPozuelosSideys

It helps when the media generally, particularly online and tv, is wall to wall of Corbyn and how they will spend the same amount of money 15 times over. At least thats how it seems to me anyway. Its an easier sell though i suppose, especially if the alternative blue option is to try and cut your cloth accordingly.

If i didnt know better, i would think the choice was between Corbyn and Farron.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Sunday polls on 12:13 - May 28 with 2545 viewsrock1n

The Sunday polls on 11:38 - May 28 by PozuelosSideys

It helps when the media generally, particularly online and tv, is wall to wall of Corbyn and how they will spend the same amount of money 15 times over. At least thats how it seems to me anyway. Its an easier sell though i suppose, especially if the alternative blue option is to try and cut your cloth accordingly.

If i didnt know better, i would think the choice was between Corbyn and Farron.

But this is the problem - everytime I question this state of events I'm seen as some condescending Tory when the ifs has produced a report saying exactly what I've been saying. Labour are talking like we're running a budget surplus. As ifs said they're kidding themselves if all extra spending can be done by taxing affluent people. But it makes some people happy I suppose

The Sunday polls on 12:27 - May 28 with 2526 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Sunday polls on 12:13 - May 28 by rock1n

But this is the problem - everytime I question this state of events I'm seen as some condescending Tory when the ifs has produced a report saying exactly what I've been saying. Labour are talking like we're running a budget surplus. As ifs said they're kidding themselves if all extra spending can be done by taxing affluent people. But it makes some people happy I suppose

Thats the thing though - people should vote for who they feel represents their interests best - for me as well it is the Tories. If Corbyn got in, my career would be virtually destroyed overnight and id be working my bollux off just so they can smash me on Tax/NI even more than now.

Just because supporters of Labour et al scream and shout abuse at others for being "Tory scum", it doesnt mean they are correct, and why they are likely to get annihalated. Many, many people arent interested in a race to the bottom anymore.

I think after 2008, a lot more people are starting to become financially savvy and take an interest in teir own affairs rather than being reliant on the state. I absolutely understand a lot of people have their own issues, but why should that influence my voting and views? Call me selfish, but you look after number 1 first.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The Sunday polls on 12:30 - May 28 with 2522 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 12:13 - May 28 by rock1n

The IFS hasn't exactly been complimentary about the Tory economic plan (such as it is) either.

As for the media stuff, the only reason Corbyn seems to be all over the news is because the Tories have chosen to make him the entire focus of their unremittingly negative campaign.

The Sunday polls on 12:35 - May 28 with 2510 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 12:27 - May 28 by PozuelosSideys

Thats the thing though - people should vote for who they feel represents their interests best - for me as well it is the Tories. If Corbyn got in, my career would be virtually destroyed overnight and id be working my bollux off just so they can smash me on Tax/NI even more than now.

Just because supporters of Labour et al scream and shout abuse at others for being "Tory scum", it doesnt mean they are correct, and why they are likely to get annihalated. Many, many people arent interested in a race to the bottom anymore.

I think after 2008, a lot more people are starting to become financially savvy and take an interest in teir own affairs rather than being reliant on the state. I absolutely understand a lot of people have their own issues, but why should that influence my voting and views? Call me selfish, but you look after number 1 first.

As do most people. It's a big part of why the Tories are seen as the natural Party of government. They encourage self reliance and don't particularly care about those who struggle with that for whatever reason. There's no society, remember.

The Sunday polls on 12:48 - May 28 with 2496 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Sunday polls on 12:35 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

As do most people. It's a big part of why the Tories are seen as the natural Party of government. They encourage self reliance and don't particularly care about those who struggle with that for whatever reason. There's no society, remember.

Come on now, there hasnt been "society" for years - at least not in the way it was in decades gone by. The world is changing for many, many reasons. If anything, places like South Wales are very much the last bastians of old school "society" where everyone lives there for life, knows everyone else etc etc.

Of course, there are exceptions such as the old and disabled who absolutely require assistance and i dont like the Tory policies on these items, as well as privatising key national interests, but as for the rest of it - i.e minimising the size of the state etc etc im less sympathetic.

The ideal of course, as usual, sits between the two parties, but far too many agendas at play for that to ever happen
[Post edited 28 May 2017 12:49]

The Sunday polls on 12:50 - May 28 with 2488 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 12:48 - May 28 by PozuelosSideys

Come on now, there hasnt been "society" for years - at least not in the way it was in decades gone by. The world is changing for many, many reasons. If anything, places like South Wales are very much the last bastians of old school "society" where everyone lives there for life, knows everyone else etc etc.

Of course, there are exceptions such as the old and disabled who absolutely require assistance and i dont like the Tory policies on these items, as well as privatising key national interests, but as for the rest of it - i.e minimising the size of the state etc etc im less sympathetic.

The ideal of course, as usual, sits between the two parties, but far too many agendas at play for that to ever happen
[Post edited 28 May 2017 12:49]

I don't disagree with you, especially the last part.

The Sunday polls on 13:56 - May 28 with 2458 viewsrock1n

The Sunday polls on 12:30 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

The IFS hasn't exactly been complimentary about the Tory economic plan (such as it is) either.

As for the media stuff, the only reason Corbyn seems to be all over the news is because the Tories have chosen to make him the entire focus of their unremittingly negative campaign.

You keep expecting me to defend the tories I don't. I've criticised them for a while now.

The reason I talk about labour is to help get some debate going not let it drift into a left wing echo chamber

The Sunday polls on 14:25 - May 28 with 2438 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 13:56 - May 28 by rock1n

You keep expecting me to defend the tories I don't. I've criticised them for a while now.

The reason I talk about labour is to help get some debate going not let it drift into a left wing echo chamber

I don't expect you to do anything. Your views on the state of the current Tory party are perfectly clear.

The Sunday polls on 15:42 - May 29 with 2270 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The polls said labour won the last election at 10pm on election day.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Sunday polls on 15:54 - May 29 with 2256 viewsLohengrin

The Sunday polls on 13:56 - May 28 by rock1n

Hurrah! for this sort of thing.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Sunday polls on 15:58 - May 29 with 2250 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Sunday polls on 15:42 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

The polls said labour won the last election at 10pm on election day.

No they didn't. The polls at the last election were consistently predicting a hung parliament. Those polls were wrong. The exit poll released at 10pm on Election Day predicted the Tories to be the largest party with the possibility of a small Tory majority. That poll was spot on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024