Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any news from Trust or developments ? 10:22 - Jun 6 with 12921 viewsswancity

Just looked on Trust website but nothing

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 09:31 - Jun 10 with 1545 viewsMeraki

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:54 - Jun 9 by Pokerface

No criticism. Fans have accepted it has all been a bit unprofessional for a long time.

It is what it is.

The usual "Well you put yourself forward " greets all those who criticise. You get what you pay for.... no one on Trust takes a salary.

This has cost fans / trust alot unfortunately.

Anything now is too little too late. We all know nothing significant will happen. Its like a slow death, when in reality it died a year or so ago.

Most fans know that.

Indeed, and the directors know this, they are playing a blinder.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 17:09 - Jun 10 with 1435 viewsBillyChong

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 15:44 - Jun 8 by QJumpingJack

Here we go:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman-

Cheers
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 17:31 - Jun 10 with 1419 viewsmax936

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 17:09 - Jun 10 by BillyChong

Cheers

Season's been over nearly a month and the silence is deafening, yet more bullshit from SCFC's finest and best Bullshitter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:22 - Jun 10 with 1386 views3swan

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 17:31 - Jun 10 by max936

Season's been over nearly a month and the silence is deafening, yet more bullshit from SCFC's finest and best Bullshitter.

You should know by now bluff and double bluff.

He never said he would.

Just

"Huw Jenkins has claimed he will be ready to “clear the air” over off-field issues at Swansea City at the end of the season "

" to state he will be ready to clarify some issues surrounding that share sale by the old board and the club's future"

"“There will be some time once the season ends to finally clear the air on many points connected to the takeover and the general running of our football club"
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:36 - Jun 10 with 1367 viewsmax936

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:22 - Jun 10 by 3swan

You should know by now bluff and double bluff.

He never said he would.

Just

"Huw Jenkins has claimed he will be ready to “clear the air” over off-field issues at Swansea City at the end of the season "

" to state he will be ready to clarify some issues surrounding that share sale by the old board and the club's future"

"“There will be some time once the season ends to finally clear the air on many points connected to the takeover and the general running of our football club"

Yep fair points, he's very good at talking in riddles.

Although I yet to read hear about any of the above mind.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 18:37]

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:38 - Jun 10 with 1358 views3swan

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:36 - Jun 10 by max936

Yep fair points, he's very good at talking in riddles.

Although I yet to read hear about any of the above mind.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 18:37]

P.R. exercise to take the pressure off him during games.

Is he now going to make the first move, or wait till he's asked?

Won't even try to hold my breath that long.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:06 - Jun 10 with 1331 viewsQJumpingJack

One would imagine, HJ will need permission from Pearlman, Levien and Kaplan to give his side of the story about the sale.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:11 - Jun 10 with 1322 viewsmax936

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:38 - Jun 10 by 3swan

P.R. exercise to take the pressure off him during games.

Is he now going to make the first move, or wait till he's asked?

Won't even try to hold my breath that long.

Probably out in Marbella now burning his nose, without a care in the World in the belief that he's still the SCFC saviour the gormless geek.

Login to get fewer ads

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:45 - Jun 10 with 1267 viewsswancity

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:11 - Jun 10 by max936

Probably out in Marbella now burning his nose, without a care in the World in the belief that he's still the SCFC saviour the gormless geek.

Gormless geek.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 21:15 - Jun 10 with 1240 viewsQJumpingJack

Any decision the Americans make in relation to the fans needs to be run by the Trust.
The owners have made far too many mistakes since last August.

I wonder if season ticket prices for 18/19 will go up when prices are announced later this year?
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 21:41 - Jun 10 with 1229 viewsmonmouth

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 21:15 - Jun 10 by QJumpingJack

Any decision the Americans make in relation to the fans needs to be run by the Trust.
The owners have made far too many mistakes since last August.

I wonder if season ticket prices for 18/19 will go up when prices are announced later this year?

If we look like being on the road to safety, you bet your ass. If we're on 12 points again, then, no.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 21:42 - Jun 10 with 1227 viewsmax936

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:45 - Jun 10 by swancity

Gormless geek.

I was being polite mun.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 12:13 - Jun 11 with 1152 viewsDafyddHuw

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 10:03 - Jun 8 by DafyddHuw

Any chance of making this thread a sticky for the next few weeks, mods?

Bump. Why is it so difficult for a mod to say yes or no?

I can't comment on the Trust after this month, apparently, due to some unwrittern law.
Meantime, we really need some action before June is out.

It's getting really farcical now.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 12:30 - Jun 11 with 1137 viewsNookiejack

Why would the Yanks want to do a deal - they already have a controlling interest with just 68% of the shares ?

They can take their returns out through Management fees and not declare a dividend (if they did declare a dividend 21% would go to the Trust).

Under the new articles - when they think the time is right to sell their shares - they sell their controlling 68% to another investor. The Trust is not allowed to tag along.

So the controlling stake is just passed down from one investor to another - without the Trust being able to exit.

This effectively means the Trust has given a £21m interest fee loan to the Yanks. This allows the Yanks to increase their returns as it creates a premium for the shares. All the returns are made by the investor who holds the controlling stake (i.e. The 'Majority shareholder' under the new articles).

If nothing is done about this - the £21m value of the Trusts's shares is transferred to an increased premium for the Yank's shares.

Why should the Yanks therefore do a deal?

The Trust therefore has to take legal action. I just can't see the Yanks wanting to do a deal.

If Yanks are currently delaying with a strategy of this being kicked into the long grass - into next season - thinking that the Trust wont do anything when the season starts - then Trust has to pull the trigger on legal action NOW.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:21 - Jun 11 with 1091 viewsmonmouth

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 12:30 - Jun 11 by Nookiejack

Why would the Yanks want to do a deal - they already have a controlling interest with just 68% of the shares ?

They can take their returns out through Management fees and not declare a dividend (if they did declare a dividend 21% would go to the Trust).

Under the new articles - when they think the time is right to sell their shares - they sell their controlling 68% to another investor. The Trust is not allowed to tag along.

So the controlling stake is just passed down from one investor to another - without the Trust being able to exit.

This effectively means the Trust has given a £21m interest fee loan to the Yanks. This allows the Yanks to increase their returns as it creates a premium for the shares. All the returns are made by the investor who holds the controlling stake (i.e. The 'Majority shareholder' under the new articles).

If nothing is done about this - the £21m value of the Trusts's shares is transferred to an increased premium for the Yank's shares.

The Trust therefore has to take legal action. I just can't see the Yanks wanting to do a deal.

If Yanks are currently delaying with a strategy of this being kicked into the long grass - into next season - thinking that the Trust wont do anything when the season starts - then Trust has to pull the trigger on legal action NOW.

Is it possible that legal action is not viable until the yanks, as a single majority owner, try and sell, hence crystallising the Trust's disadvantage through the prejudicial new articles that you describe Nookie?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:26 - Jun 11 with 1088 viewscimlajack

All the above is correct.

If you are waiting for the trust to "take legal action" you may well be waiting in vain.

I honestly believe the Trust board have no appetite for legal action,this is only a lay mans opinion,and i do sincerely hope i'm wrong.

I expect the next P.R campaign from the club will run along the lines of "we can't strengthen the team and fight court cases",or words to that effect.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:27 - Jun 11 with 1086 viewsE20Jack

My view too.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:41 - Jun 11 with 1077 viewsNookiejack

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:21 - Jun 11 by monmouth

Is it possible that legal action is not viable until the yanks, as a single majority owner, try and sell, hence crystallising the Trust's disadvantage through the prejudicial new articles that you describe Nookie?

I am not a legal expert - just have the feeling the longer this goes on the Trust is deemed to have accepted the New Articles.

I remember reading a post from LondonLisa stating you have a number of years to launch the legal action.

Trouble is what if the Yanks sell in 5 years time - you would have thought by then it would be far too late.

QC will have to give view on this.

I suppose if Trust doesn't want to sell its holding the following should be negotiated:-

(i) Change the Articles back to the original ones as this would give the Trust more protection. (Then launch legal action if Yanks ever decided to change them again. ).
(ii) Agree New Shareholders Agreement with 'Tag' Rights. So that if Yanks sell - Trust could decide to 'Tag' along with Yanks - which they can't do under the new articles.
(iii) Agree that no Management Fees will be extracted from the club. Hence the Trust will then receives its fair 21% share of any distributions made by the club.
(iv) Agree a mechanism whereby debt will not be fostered on club. Some short term working capital will always be needed until club receives TV Payments and amounts for player sales - which have been staggered.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 1057 viewsmax936

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:41 - Jun 11 by Nookiejack

I am not a legal expert - just have the feeling the longer this goes on the Trust is deemed to have accepted the New Articles.

I remember reading a post from LondonLisa stating you have a number of years to launch the legal action.

Trouble is what if the Yanks sell in 5 years time - you would have thought by then it would be far too late.

I suppose if Trust doesn't want to sell its holding the following should be negotiated:-

(i) Change the Articles back to the original ones as this would give the Trust more protection. (Then launch legal action if Yanks ever decided to change them again. ).
(ii) Agree New Shareholders Agreement with 'Tag' Rights. So that if Yanks sell - Trust could decide to 'Tag' along with Yanks - which they can't do under the new articles.
(iii) Agree that no Management Fees will be extracted from the club. Hence the Trust will then receives its fair 21% share of any distributions made by the club.
(iv) Agree a mechanism whereby debt will not be fostered on club. Some short term working capital will always be needed until club receives TV Payments and amounts for player sales - which have been staggered.

Reading between the lines it seems like the Trust are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 1056 viewsE20Jack

Spot on again.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:10 - Jun 11 with 1041 viewsNookiejack

It would be fascinating to know what deal the selling shareholders have done for their residual stakes i.e. 11% in total. ( understand from previous threads - Jenkins has 5% and Martin Morgan and his ex wife have combined 5%)

Given they are similarly locked in under the New Articles - as the Trust.

I can't believe they wouldn't have done a deal, as part of the sale, to sell their residual stakes - otherwise they are similarly locked in with the Trust.

For example have they negotiated 'tag rights' when the Yanks sell or have the Yanks agreed to buy the residual stakes at some stage in the future - depending on the performance of the club.

You would think that any deal done for the Selling Shareholders' residual stakes - would again be indicative of unfair prejudice - as the Selling Shareholders could then get out and sell their residual stakes (so their shares have value) whereas the Trust can't (so its shares have Nil value).

It would be interesting from the QC to find out can the Trust force the Yanks/Selling Shareholders to disclose a deal for the residual stakes (under terms of Original Shareholders Agreement for example). If a deal of this nature is in existence.
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 1017 views3swan

A legal route decision has to be taken this month.

Players come back the first week in July, so effectively the season starts then.

Any time after that and the PR machine allows the comments of indecision affecting the build up (player recruitment) etc
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 16:13 - Jun 11 with 962 viewsStarsky

I've an idea... how about a post from someone at the trust stating "nothing to report yet, still ongoing" Without being asked.
It's like being on hold on the phone. If you can't here anything you start thinking you've been cut off. If you a voice every 30 seconds saying "you will be put through asap, thanks for your patience"
It's not a difficult concept.

It's just the internet, init.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:29 - Jun 11 with 881 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:41 - Jun 11 by 3swan

A legal route decision has to be taken this month.

Players come back the first week in July, so effectively the season starts then.

Any time after that and the PR machine allows the comments of indecision affecting the build up (player recruitment) etc

I would agree.

And remember, whether or not to take legal action would be a decision for the members, which is important to remember when accusations that the Trust board won't pull the trigger are thrown around. It won't be the Trust board making that decision.

There'll also be another decision for the members in terms of the Trust board itself in the near future too. Usual comment about how I hope those who are keen to drive how the Trust operates in the future put their names forward.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:42 - Jun 11 with 867 viewsMeraki

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:29 - Jun 11 by Uxbridge

I would agree.

And remember, whether or not to take legal action would be a decision for the members, which is important to remember when accusations that the Trust board won't pull the trigger are thrown around. It won't be the Trust board making that decision.

There'll also be another decision for the members in terms of the Trust board itself in the near future too. Usual comment about how I hope those who are keen to drive how the Trust operates in the future put their names forward.

Change the record
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024