Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. 13:28 - Jun 7 with 4880 viewsLohengrin

One day to go...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:33 - Jun 7 with 937 viewslondonlisa2001

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:15 - Jun 7 by Brynmill_Jack

If you were referring to the new labour project I'd agree with you. But Corbyn is raising the living wage to 10 pound from £7.65. So yes. And you should be applauding that mate.

The problem as I see it brynnie, and the reason I will be voting LibDem tomorrow, is that the very act of raising the living wage (actually can we not call it that as £7.20 is not a living wage whatever label it's given), the minimum wage to £10 is that instantly means the actual living wage (I.e, the amount required to actually live in this country), will be higher than that £10 due to the inflation it will cause.

Most estimates of the effect of increases in wages say that 75% of the increase gets passed on in price rises.

If anyone believes that the increase will simply result in a decreased payment to shareholders, they are mistaken. The only way to actually increase the minimum wage is steady growth, over a period of time, backed with an increase in economic performance which will allow companies to make more money (in excess of inflation), keep payments to shareholders steady (increasing with the rate of inflation), and pass the surplus generated to staff so a company sees an overall increase in total salary payments.

The other necessary part of it is a redistribution of total salaries within a company between those that are best paid and those that are worst paid. But that behaviour is not encouraged by taxing those at the top more, so they are already seeing a hit in their take home.

It's a complicated issue, and one that takes time. Essential in my view, as the disparity between those that are best paid and those that are worst paid is a disgrace. But not solved by a quick increase in the minimum wage.
Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:33 - Jun 7 with 932 viewsLohengrin

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:17 - Jun 7 by Ebo

Well if you don't vote you don't have any voice mate regardless of your disdain for any of the available choices.

Be glad we are free to vote, most right leaning countries would take that right away from you.

If there is any genuine hope for reform it lies in abstention; the encouragement of an electoral boycott. If you want an end to the lies and betrayal, the deliberate encouragement of class division and hatred then the system that GE voting perpetuates has first to be brought to a moribund state.

You're only fooling yourself by rolling loaded dice every four years or so.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:35 - Jun 7 with 928 viewssherpajacob

various Tory papers making a lot of the fact Corbyn was monitored by MI5 and special branch for 20 years.

its worth asking the question, would those resources have been better spent watching somebody else?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:38 - Jun 7 with 922 viewsGlyn1

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:20 - Jun 7 by Darran

The Guardian is equally abhorrent with their "Abbott has been bullied" bollox imo and anyone that's not a deluded cuńt would agree.

I know I've said it before but all we've got now is Left v Right and no objectivity.

In what way is the Daily Mail calling people traitors, and the Guardian saying that Diane Abbott is being bullied in any way "equally abhorrent"?

Yours sincerely
deluded cuńt

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:39 - Jun 7 with 918 viewsLohengrin

If you were referring to the new labour project I'd agree with you. But Corbyn is raising the living wage to 10 pound from £7.65. So yes. And you should be applauding that mate.

Raising the living wage to £10 is something I've been advocating periodically on here since the election before last at least, Bryn. That demand has been coming from any number of directions. It's not emerged from some Momentum think-tank.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:41 - Jun 7 with 904 viewsDarran

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:38 - Jun 7 by Glyn1

In what way is the Daily Mail calling people traitors, and the Guardian saying that Diane Abbott is being bullied in any way "equally abhorrent"?

Yours sincerely
deluded cuńt

So you think the incompetent cùnt has been bullied?

Sadly there's more truth in the Mail articles than the Guardian ones.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:42 - Jun 7 with 900 viewswaynekerr55

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:38 - Jun 7 by Glyn1

Yours sincerely
deluded cuńt

Because they are trying to defend the indefensible. Abbott's abuse and competency are two separate issues. Therefore it would be wise to deal with them separately. It appears that The Guardian and many on Twitter seem to be using the abuse as a defence for her incompetence. To quote the great Mandarin that is ECB "there are many things Abbott rightly gets abuse on, but her weight, ethnicity and gender are not".

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:43 - Jun 7 with 893 viewsHighjack

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:42 - Jun 7 by waynekerr55

Because they are trying to defend the indefensible. Abbott's abuse and competency are two separate issues. Therefore it would be wise to deal with them separately. It appears that The Guardian and many on Twitter seem to be using the abuse as a defence for her incompetence. To quote the great Mandarin that is ECB "there are many things Abbott rightly gets abuse on, but her weight, ethnicity and gender are not".

Is ECB Chinese or is he just a bit orange?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:00 - Jun 7 with 863 viewsEbo

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:32 - Jun 7 by Darran

It's quite pitiful to see grown men like Ebo being like this. It's a massive problem and it's going to get worse.

If you stand in the middle then you are putting your fingers in your ears hoping it will all blow over, sadly you are either left or right these days. The inbetweeners have no other choice.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:16 - Jun 7 with 831 viewswaynekerr55

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:00 - Jun 7 by Ebo

If you stand in the middle then you are putting your fingers in your ears hoping it will all blow over, sadly you are either left or right these days. The inbetweeners have no other choice.

How about championing a system that is a mix of the best of the left and the right?

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:18 - Jun 7 with 818 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Attacking Diane Abbott over her consistently woeful media appearances apparently means you're a racist and misogynist according to many prominent Labour activists.

Meanwhile Labour activists are putting up banners like this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:26 - Jun 7 with 809 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Surely if the minimum wage goes up by 20% firms employing 5 people will lay of one of them so their costs will be the same. This will just lead to higher unemployment. The party of the working class making people unemployed. Surely a better idea would be to raise the personal allowance so they can keep all of their money without paying income tax. The Liberals were right with that policy which took 4,000,000 people out of paying income tax.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 804 viewsDarran

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:16 - Jun 7 by waynekerr55

How about championing a system that is a mix of the best of the left and the right?

Beautiful. I've been saying it for years.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:39 - Jun 7 with 784 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:20 - Jun 7 by Darran

The Guardian is equally abhorrent with their "Abbott has been bullied" bollox imo and anyone that's not a deluded cuńt would agree.

I know I've said it before but all we've got now is Left v Right and no objectivity.

Divide and conquer.

The establishment have played a blinder.

I've been saying it for years

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:40 - Jun 7 with 784 viewsHeadmaster

Jesus Christ, another thread where Diane Abbot has become an issue. Fact is, she HAS been singled out by much of the press, not least because she makes herself an easy target. Does that mean she shouldn't be criticised? No. Does that mean she isn't incompetent? No. Does that mean everyone who criticises her is a racist/misogynist? No.

Does anyone remember Philip Hammond getting anywhere near the amount of coverage for his £20 billion gaffe, by the way?
Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:41 - Jun 7 with 782 viewsHeadmaster

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:16 - Jun 7 by waynekerr55

Depends what you mean by best. The Labour Party has embraced a mix, in a Neoliberal form, for years - socially liberal policies merged with deregulation. The Conservatives are just the other side of the same coin. That's why Corbyn is where he is now.
Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:45 - Jun 7 with 771 viewswaynekerr55

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:40 - Jun 7 by Headmaster

Jesus Christ, another thread where Diane Abbot has become an issue. Fact is, she HAS been singled out by much of the press, not least because she makes herself an easy target. Does that mean she shouldn't be criticised? No. Does that mean she isn't incompetent? No. Does that mean everyone who criticises her is a racist/misogynist? No.

Does anyone remember Philip Hammond getting anywhere near the amount of coverage for his £20 billion gaffe, by the way?

They're all f*cktards, unfortunately.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:45 - Jun 7 with 768 viewsEbo

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 14:41 - Jun 7 by Darran

So you think the incompetent cùnt has been bullied?

Sadly there's more truth in the Mail articles than the Guardian ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/09/alan-pearmain-conservative-offi

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:46 - Jun 7 with 765 viewsEbo

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:28 - Jun 7 by Darran

Beautiful. I've been saying it for years.

...you get Tony Blair

F*ck that

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:47 - Jun 7 with 762 viewswaynekerr55

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:41 - Jun 7 by Headmaster

Depends what you mean by best. The Labour Party has embraced a mix, in a Neoliberal form, for years - socially liberal policies merged with deregulation. The Conservatives are just the other side of the same coin. That's why Corbyn is where he is now.

It's definitely a discussion to be had. Me, I'm of a pragmatic stance that p*ss takers who are evading tax by participating in dishonest schemes should be hammered. Once that's sorted, then we look at the taxation system. More money in peoples pockets is only a good thing for the economy and the populace in general, something i don't believe either of these mugs can deliver.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:55 - Jun 7 with 743 viewsDarran

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:45 - Jun 7 by Ebo

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/09/alan-pearmain-conservative-offi

Can you go back any further John? I'm not sure what your point is there either.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:56 - Jun 7 with 741 viewsjack247

Surely that's just going to increase unemployment?
Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 16:00 - Jun 7 with 732 viewsEbo

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 15:55 - Jun 7 by Darran

Can you go back any further John? I'm not sure what your point is there either.

All I am saying is like her or not, making fun of someone with very obvious mental issues reflects what a f%cked up society we've become.

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 16:02 - Jun 7 with 728 viewsDarran

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 16:00 - Jun 7 by Ebo

All I am saying is like her or not, making fun of someone with very obvious mental issues reflects what a f%cked up society we've become.

So she's always had mental issues has she?

Three cheers for the Daily Mail.. on 16:05 - Jun 7 with 714 viewssherpajacob

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18813745_446109352428803_173177405

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19029704_446109299095475_870432556
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 16:13]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024