Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71758 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 22:02 - Jun 18 with 2637 viewsZZoric

London tower block on fire on 02:30 - Jun 18 by DJack

You flit from a decent poster to a complete cőck.

Guess where you are now.

As Cudey intimated the official storey will be based upon the facts discovered and not hyperbole nor personal/political hysteria.

The residents can't tell building ash from human ash and neither can you... so just fūck off you vampire and wait till we get the facts from those that know and care. CŎCK.

abhorrent post from abhorrent poster

i hope ur suitably embarrassed
London tower block on fire on 22:09 - Jun 18 with 2617 viewsJack_Meoff

London tower block on fire on 21:13 - Jun 18 by Shaky

Where will it end? Undoubtedly where it always ends, with a masive bursting of the UK property bubble that has recently in large measure been fueled by foreigners paying no capital gains tax frequently spending shady money. Especially in a market as illiquid as property,

That's regardless of what micro measures you introduce to dampen rampant speculation. We're way to far gone for that to have any effect.

But at least it'll level the playing field somewhat and redress inequality.

Not sure if this is the time to bring it up, but for how many decades (and further) has London property been the go to mechanism for the international money launderer?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 23:05]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

London tower block on fire on 22:14 - Jun 18 with 2603 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I hope I haven't offended DJack
And anyone who have family involved in this disaster.

The real news is on the ground .

I'll leave it there

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

London tower block on fire on 00:25 - Jun 19 with 2536 viewsJack_Meoff

London tower block on fire on 22:14 - Jun 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

I hope I haven't offended DJack
And anyone who have family involved in this disaster.

The real news is on the ground .

I'll leave it there

I think you're a decent human tom for what it's worth. Power to you man

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

London tower block on fire on 00:39 - Jun 19 with 2526 viewsDJack

London tower block on fire on 22:02 - Jun 18 by ZZoric

abhorrent post from abhorrent poster

i hope ur suitably embarrassed

For clarity, me or Tommy?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

London tower block on fire on 01:25 - Jun 19 with 2508 viewsTummer_from_Texas

London tower block on fire on 20:39 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Tends to focus the mind when you can see the building from the end of your road.

I'm beyond angry. Angry that we have a prime minster without the sense, and indeed, basic humanity to get her ar*e there in the middle of the night and stay there meeting people and seeing how she could help for the next 24 hours. Angry that the local council (who share services with my council) can't manage to their way out of a paper bag. and won't put on high visibility vests so people know who they are, because they're scared. Angry that no one shows any sense to bring in people who are used to managing disaster areas so the Red Cross have to step in (what about mobilising the bloody army for Gods sake - isnt this the sort of thing the Logistics people do - get aid distributed properly)?

Angry that I'm being handed leaflets at Shepherds Bush station urging me to bring 'justice for Grenfell Tower' by marching on Wednesday and 'bringing London to its knees by any means possible' until Corbyn is PM. Angry that false figures are being bandied about to score political points. Angry that residents are being moved around to avoid media. Angry that people are being put in totally unsuitable accommodation. Angry that 'Grenfell Tower' is now a byword for anti government feeling.

Angry that yobbos are taking to the streets to protest rather than getting their sorry ar*es to places to help and are making false claims of 'only getting involved due to knowing people in the Tower' despite being well known political activists.

Angry that unmentionable scum bags are turning up at the help centres and pretending to be residents to get free clothing.

Angry that we have a chancellor who decides he can't tell whether sprinklers may, you know, help in a fire, without a report. Angry at stupid, stupid people who reckon Theresa May is being as hard done by as residents because people are being nasty to her.

Just all of them. F*** off. Excuse the rant.

Haven't read a lot of this thread, but thank you for that enlightening perspective.

I hope and pray this brings your community closer together, Lisa. Not that it would even begin make up for the dead, their families, or the others destroyed, but this isn't about keeping score.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 14:43]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

London tower block on fire on 06:12 - Jun 19 with 2462 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 21:26 - Jun 18 by Shaky

The UK property market is something of a sacred cow; how else are we to become easily rich without actually doing anything?

What better time to nibble at it when people are suffering from varying degrees of shock. Eyes wide awake for once.

You make a good point, but what about the 'normal' person who's then plunged into negative equity or has their home repossessed?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 06:15 - Jun 19 with 2457 viewsBrynmill_Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40272168

Perhaps I'm being extraordinarily thick here but that doesn't make sense. 400-600 people are estimated to live there but only 70 are missing?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 10:42 - Jun 19 with 2371 viewsLeonWasGod

London tower block on fire on 06:15 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40272168

Perhaps I'm being extraordinarily thick here but that doesn't make sense. 400-600 people are estimated to live there but only 70 are missing?

Doesn't make sense to me either. 400-600 seems high for 127, 1 and 2 bedroom flats, but numbers of victims also seem low. Not that I know anything about it though.

It also seems strange that the narrative isn't addressing the concerns that residents raised before the fire (based on the Grenfell Action Group blog). Massive cover-up on the cards I fear.
London tower block on fire on 11:22 - Jun 19 with 2340 viewsdailew

There'll be a lot of sub-letting.

Could be a dozen or so in some flats.

Councils in London turn a blind eye to a lot of this. They'd have to house them otherwise.

Ditto beds in sheds.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

London tower block on fire on 11:30 - Jun 19 with 2324 viewsLord_Bony

The official police figure of the missing is now 79,all presumed dead.

This figure could change up or down.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

London tower block on fire on 12:25 - Jun 19 with 2282 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 11:22 - Jun 19 by dailew

There'll be a lot of sub-letting.

Could be a dozen or so in some flats.

Councils in London turn a blind eye to a lot of this. They'd have to house them otherwise.

Ditto beds in sheds.

Nail on head Dai. Given that there were refugees living there they might have been giving shelter to more relatives coming over.
I saw a video piece yesterday with two Morrocan Londoners saying that they'd been told that there were 48 bodies huddled in one room. They also said there were hundreds living there.

This could be THE biggest scandal of any political age. DJ Isla says what no newspaper is daring to suggest.

London tower block on fire on 12:45 - Jun 19 with 2264 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 11:30 - Jun 19 by Lord_Bony

The official police figure of the missing is now 79,all presumed dead.

This figure could change up or down.

But how did they come to that figure? Is that the sum total of everyone missing ? Does that mean that if there were 400 people in that building then all got out bar 79?

London tower block on fire on 12:52 - Jun 19 with 2255 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 10:42 - Jun 19 by LeonWasGod

Doesn't make sense to me either. 400-600 seems high for 127, 1 and 2 bedroom flats, but numbers of victims also seem low. Not that I know anything about it though.

It also seems strange that the narrative isn't addressing the concerns that residents raised before the fire (based on the Grenfell Action Group blog). Massive cover-up on the cards I fear.

One fella said a woman and her 5 children , all under 10 are unaccounted for. So that's six in one apartment. With the level of poverty in that area I dare say a lot of the flats may have been over occupied. The demographic it seems unfortunately was mainly Muslims so there sadly a chance that the flats were over occupied.

I really hope not but I don't see the point in just burying our heads in the sand in denial (obviously not you LWG). The press certainly seem to be though.

London tower block on fire on 14:48 - Jun 19 with 2208 viewsLeonWasGod

London tower block on fire on 12:52 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

One fella said a woman and her 5 children , all under 10 are unaccounted for. So that's six in one apartment. With the level of poverty in that area I dare say a lot of the flats may have been over occupied. The demographic it seems unfortunately was mainly Muslims so there sadly a chance that the flats were over occupied.

I really hope not but I don't see the point in just burying our heads in the sand in denial (obviously not you LWG). The press certainly seem to be though.

Fair points. The press have shown remarkable constraint in not sensationalising the number of deaths; someone must have laid down the law with them as it's fairly obvious that the final toll will be high, sadly.
London tower block on fire on 16:02 - Jun 19 with 2166 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 14:48 - Jun 19 by LeonWasGod

Fair points. The press have shown remarkable constraint in not sensationalising the number of deaths; someone must have laid down the law with them as it's fairly obvious that the final toll will be high, sadly.

Just looking down the page of the BBC report and the council say 109 households have been rehoused by last Friday????
If that's true then as there are only 124 flats everybody got out???
Nothing adds up does it?

London tower block on fire on 20:07 - Jun 19 with 2108 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 01:25 - Jun 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Haven't read a lot of this thread, but thank you for that enlightening perspective.

I hope and pray this brings your community closer together, Lisa. Not that it would even begin make up for the dead, their families, or the others destroyed, but this isn't about keeping score.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 14:43]

Interestingly, my thought on reading this was to reflect on whether I would describe it as 'my community'. Largely due to the points made by Ishmahil Blagrove (linked a few times on this thread who is one of the people instrumental in Carnival) who spoke of a community separated by affluence rather than colour. But after reflecting, I've decided that although he is right about the community being separated by degrees of relative affluence or poverty rather than colour, I still would describe what has happened as happening to my community.

We are all, in this area, united in a sense of loss. Obviously I don't feel loss in the way that the people with relatives and friends or close neighbours in the Tower do, but I do feel genuine loss nonetheless. The people I see everyday, in my supermarket for example, who've been delivering food and money to those in need, the people I meet everyday walking the dog who have relatives and friends affected and in one case, have a child you runs one of the centres that's been providing relief and shelter. Loads of friends and neighbours who've been volunteering or helping in other ways, our local fire station who've been on duty for 18 hours a day, our local police, even the chefs at favourite restaurants who've been running food stalls.

I live a mile or two away, but my office until about 6 months ago was about 5 minutes away, and I passed Grenfell every day.

So thanks for your words. I will pass them on to those that are genuinely closely involved, and will let them know that people are praying for them thousands of miles away. I'm sure they will appreciate it very much.
London tower block on fire on 20:31 - Jun 19 with 2089 viewsShaky

London tower block on fire on 06:12 - Jun 19 by waynekerr55

You make a good point, but what about the 'normal' person who's then plunged into negative equity or has their home repossessed?

Unfortunately the aftermath of bubble bursts are invariably problematic to deal with.

The good news is that nobody is responsible per se; it is just the way of the market.

And if you don't like that, consider voting SWP, or some other enemies of prosperity with a basic understanding of economic history!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

London tower block on fire on 20:36 - Jun 19 with 2081 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 20:31 - Jun 19 by Shaky

Unfortunately the aftermath of bubble bursts are invariably problematic to deal with.

The good news is that nobody is responsible per se; it is just the way of the market.

And if you don't like that, consider voting SWP, or some other enemies of prosperity with a basic understanding of economic history!

You'll have sold your London property and moved out with your bubble fuelled pot of cash already then Shaky?

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 2071 viewsShaky

London tower block on fire on 20:36 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

You'll have sold your London property and moved out with your bubble fuelled pot of cash already then Shaky?

Yup.

I practice an esoteric form of technical market analysis, and having studdied extensive charts of property prices closed my sale . . .in early 2006.

Thought I was a fcuking genius. And have underperformed since accordingly.

Still was aware at the time that my analysis might be out by one degree. I remain convinced the biggie is coming. Soon.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:49]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

London tower block on fire on 20:50 - Jun 19 with 2069 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 19 by Shaky

Yup.

I practice an esoteric form of technical market analysis, and having studdied extensive charts of property prices closed my sale . . .in early 2006.

Thought I was a fcuking genius. And have underperformed since accordingly.

Still was aware at the time that my analysis might be out by one degree. I remain convinced the biggie is coming. Soon.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:49]

Lol.
London tower block on fire on 21:18 - Jun 19 with 2028 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 20:07 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

Interestingly, my thought on reading this was to reflect on whether I would describe it as 'my community'. Largely due to the points made by Ishmahil Blagrove (linked a few times on this thread who is one of the people instrumental in Carnival) who spoke of a community separated by affluence rather than colour. But after reflecting, I've decided that although he is right about the community being separated by degrees of relative affluence or poverty rather than colour, I still would describe what has happened as happening to my community.

We are all, in this area, united in a sense of loss. Obviously I don't feel loss in the way that the people with relatives and friends or close neighbours in the Tower do, but I do feel genuine loss nonetheless. The people I see everyday, in my supermarket for example, who've been delivering food and money to those in need, the people I meet everyday walking the dog who have relatives and friends affected and in one case, have a child you runs one of the centres that's been providing relief and shelter. Loads of friends and neighbours who've been volunteering or helping in other ways, our local fire station who've been on duty for 18 hours a day, our local police, even the chefs at favourite restaurants who've been running food stalls.

I live a mile or two away, but my office until about 6 months ago was about 5 minutes away, and I passed Grenfell every day.

So thanks for your words. I will pass them on to those that are genuinely closely involved, and will let them know that people are praying for them thousands of miles away. I'm sure they will appreciate it very much.

Listening to Ishmail Blagrove I would think you're certainly part of the wider community he refers to. You don't drive a Bugati do you????

London tower block on fire on 21:34 - Jun 19 with 2000 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

London tower block on fire on 00:25 - Jun 19 by Jack_Meoff

I think you're a decent human tom for what it's worth. Power to you man

Thank you

Peace to you man

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

London tower block on fire on 21:36 - Jun 19 with 1994 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 21:18 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Listening to Ishmail Blagrove I would think you're certainly part of the wider community he refers to. You don't drive a Bugati do you????

Lol.

No, that's a whole different part of the community again.
London tower block on fire on 22:00 - Jun 19 with 1967 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 21:36 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

No, that's a whole different part of the community again.

Exactly. But he was referring to the likes of them not you so you're definitely part of his community.
Well actually, most of us are part of his community. We just live further away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024