Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RB Still needed. 16:33 - Aug 31 with 5002 viewsgolly47

With Sanches and Bony joining, this has been a pretty good day for us. What would make it even better though would be a right back joining too.

Our options
Naughton
Rangel
*cough* Fer *cough*
Tyler Reid

Anybody think we will sign another defender? Or is everybody happy with the current situation?

Poll: What was worse?

RB Still needed. on 16:39 - Aug 31 with 3936 viewsvetchonian

We are thin at full back full stop...if Olsenn injured then Naughts can cover but what if Naughts get injured?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

RB Still needed. on 16:46 - Aug 31 with 3895 viewsdobjack2

RB Still needed. on 16:39 - Aug 31 by vetchonian

We are thin at full back full stop...if Olsenn injured then Naughts can cover but what if Naughts get injured?

Rangel
RB Still needed. on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 3873 viewsGlyn1

Naughton was close to being man of the match against Palace. He gets too much stick here.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

RB Still needed. on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 3848 viewsvetchonian

RB Still needed. on 16:46 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Rangel

SO Nuaghts is out for several weekswho is cover at LB? and even RB and does Rangel have the legs for 90 mins?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

RB Still needed. on 16:56 - Aug 31 with 3817 viewsswanseajack4eva

Clucas can play full-back ... he is signed as a utility player.
RB Still needed. on 16:56 - Aug 31 with 3813 viewsmagicdaps10

Full back is a priority.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

RB Still needed. on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 3670 viewsDafyddHuw

Don't see Tyler as an option. He may be (arguably) the best of the U23s, but even then he's waaaay off the Prem.
RB Still needed. on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 3639 viewsJBT95

RB Still needed. on 16:49 - Aug 31 by Glyn1

Naughton was close to being man of the match against Palace. He gets too much stick here.

People just don't like him.

He was Wales online's star man in the 3-1 home defeat to Bournemouth last season, he got forward a lot I thought and somebody on here came on and said he was the worst player on the pitch.

Neil Taylor suffered the same treatment.

Barrow, who was absolute dog turd, however everybody sang a song about him.
Login to get fewer ads

RB Still needed. on 18:23 - Aug 31 with 3584 viewsSheffieldjack

RB Still needed. on 18:17 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Don't see Tyler as an option. He may be (arguably) the best of the U23s, but even then he's waaaay off the Prem.

Rangel has been a great servant of SCFC but he has lost too much pace to now play in the Premier League. He was even caught out against Milton Keynes Dons! We'll probably go for the cheap option in Yiadom, but it seems madness to have passed over Arias, using Naughton as cover for both full-back places.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 18:27]
RB Still needed. on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 3570 viewsMo_Wives

RB Still needed. on 18:20 - Aug 31 by JBT95

People just don't like him.

He was Wales online's star man in the 3-1 home defeat to Bournemouth last season, he got forward a lot I thought and somebody on here came on and said he was the worst player on the pitch.

Neil Taylor suffered the same treatment.

Barrow, who was absolute dog turd, however everybody sang a song about him.

How do you think our new left back compares to Taylor? genuine question.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

RB Still needed. on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 3568 viewsTheKirkyLife

So from what I've gathered through info and sauces Arias could well join us yet but not this window. If he refuses a contract at PSV then we can sign him on cheap for instant join in January or indeed sign for free with the intention to join for 2018/19.

Otherwise we've possibly gone in for Yiadom again as cover for Naughton.
RB Still needed. on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 3567 viewsTom1912

Clucas has some full back experience. So does Bartley I think...

I think we still lack some goal threat. I'd love us to get Chadli in to add that but don't think it's happening.
RB Still needed. on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 3558 viewsmagicdaps10

Naughton has come on under Clement.

The issue I have, Naughton or Olsson get injured for any length if time or have a bad patch.........can we rely on Rangel to perform to a high standard week in week out.

If we aim to play wing backs then our full backs will be asked to do a lot more than what they have in reason seasons. There is a higher chance of injuries playing wing back instead of full back, rest is something that also has to be considered.

RB Still needed. on 18:34 - Aug 31 with 3498 viewsJBT95

RB Still needed. on 18:24 - Aug 31 by Mo_Wives

How do you think our new left back compares to Taylor? genuine question.

Yes Olsson is an upgrade, of course he is.
RB Still needed. on 18:35 - Aug 31 with 3487 viewsCooperman

If it doesn't happen tonight then expect full back acquisitions in the next window.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

RB Still needed. on 18:42 - Aug 31 with 3445 viewspencoedjack

RB Still needed. on 18:17 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Is this much point in our under 23's ? Some of the players are in there early 20s, if they are deemed not good enough then it just seems a waste of money ( admittedly I don't watch them & go on other posters comments)

As for Naughton he has improved of late, but let's be honest he couldn't get any worse ... seems we have posters with short memories
RB Still needed. on 18:42 - Aug 31 with 3441 viewsmagicdaps10

RB Still needed. on 18:35 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

If it doesn't happen tonight then expect full back acquisitions in the next window.

Thats great barring we have no injuries in the next 4 months.

RB Still needed. on 18:43 - Aug 31 with 3425 viewsMo_Wives

RB Still needed. on 18:34 - Aug 31 by JBT95

Yes Olsson is an upgrade, of course he is.

Thank you for your reply, my friend.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

RB Still needed. on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 3282 viewsLandore_Jack

We need a RB. I cannot believe the club has not addressed this. Rangel is not good enough to compete with Naughton. #Disgrace.

#backtojack

RB Still needed. on 19:56 - Aug 31 with 3254 viewsmagicdaps10

RB Still needed. on 19:50 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

We need a RB. I cannot believe the club has not addressed this. Rangel is not good enough to compete with Naughton. #Disgrace.

We have looked all summer even before we lost Kingsley, it was must to get one in as soon as we lost Kingsley.

Having an ageing Rangel and a midfielder in Clucas as back up is a dangerous game, throw in the fact that we have millions in the bank.......its baffling and pathetic.

RB Still needed. on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 3233 viewsdobjack2

RB Still needed. on 16:51 - Aug 31 by vetchonian

SO Nuaghts is out for several weekswho is cover at LB? and even RB and does Rangel have the legs for 90 mins?

I agree with you but unless we sign a right back, the answer to your question will in all probability be Rangel.
RB Still needed. on 20:02 - Aug 31 with 3218 viewsTom1912

RB Still needed. on 19:59 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

I agree with you but unless we sign a right back, the answer to your question will in all probability be Rangel.

Clucas I think is going to be their solution here.
RB Still needed. on 20:42 - Aug 31 with 3144 viewsdobjack2

RB Still needed. on 20:02 - Aug 31 by Tom1912

Clucas I think is going to be their solution here.

Dangerous game to play, but a better answer than fer.
RB Still needed. on 07:48 - Sep 1 with 2970 viewsYossarian

The decision to pass on Arias at £12m will be seen to be another Allenesque blunder by Jenkins. Tim Vickery reckons he was a snip at that price. To think we offered £7m is an embarrassment and in my opinion gives a poor impression to other clubs.
I wonder if Routledge could be used as a short-term cover option? Quicker than Fer, he doesn't shirk the defensive side and is disciplined. All our coaches see he has ability and persist with him and it might, like Milner, be a logical move.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

RB Still needed. on 07:56 - Sep 1 with 2945 viewsawayjack

RB Still needed. on 16:46 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Rangel

You honestly think Rangel can play 5/6 games for 90 minutes?
Do you watch our matches? Rangel has been huge for us but he struggled as you'd expect with fitness last season and lost pace needed as RWB. High risk to expect him to be cover.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024