Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton home 17:03 - Apr 4 with 7298 viewsSwanjaxs

Tuesday May 8th 7.45ko

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 4 with 2158 viewsthornabyswan

Southampton home on 19:57 - Apr 4 by Garyjack

There's nothing they can do. I seem to recall a few years back when Huddersfield were playing Barnsley in the last game of the season and with the scores level, the results came in from elsewhere which meant both would be safe if the scores remained the same. Barnsley passed the ball from keeper to defenders and back for about 3 mins while the Hudds players stood in their own half. No action was taken.

There was a game in the 70s Coventry v Bristol City it kicked off 15 minutes late last game of the season.
They then put the Sunderland score up on the scoreboard.
And nothing happened in the last 15 of the Coventry game Sunderland went down.
There was an investigation but nothing happened.

I do remember a contrived result in the Olympics a few years back though badminton I think both teams got thrown out of the competition.
For unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Southampton home on 20:40 - Apr 4 with 2117 viewssainthelens

Southampton home on 20:11 - Apr 4 by swan85

No, we have some form on no shots earlier this season!

Also was it Sweden v Denmark (I think) needed a 2-2 draw in euros about 10 years ago to both get out of the group, guess what the score was. Plus Germany v Austria in World Cup 1982, I think both needed a 0-0.

I recall that Germany/Austria game, has to be the biggest carve up I've seen.
Southampton home on 20:41 - Apr 4 with 2117 viewsGlyn1

Southampton home on 17:08 - Apr 4 by Captain_Sham

So our last two games are home to our direct rivals....

... which is very nice indeed. However, by then they won't be rivals because we'll be safe.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Southampton home on 21:06 - Apr 4 with 2088 viewssherpajacob

Also was it Sweden v Denmark (I think) needed a 2-2 draw in euros about 10 years ago to both get out of the group, guess what the score was. Plus Germany v Austria in World Cup 1982, I think both needed a 0-0.

82 world cup a 1-0 west Germany win meant they both went through and Algeria who had played earlier went out.

Fifa changed it to simultaneous kick offs for 86.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Southampton home on 21:31 - Apr 4 with 2041 viewsAndy1300

Southampton home on 18:30 - Apr 4 by sainthelens

If it goes to the Stoke game, it will be an atmosphere better than anything witnessed at the liberty. I so hope we're safe well before then, and to send Stoke down is something I've really waited for.

Me too, shame I will be out of the country, bloody wife booked holiday for the wrong week

Number 1 team in Wales

Southampton home on 21:43 - Apr 4 with 2023 viewsDJack

Southampton home on 21:31 - Apr 4 by Andy1300

Me too, shame I will be out of the country, bloody wife booked holiday for the wrong week

I'm supposed to be coming back into Bristol the next Day.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Southampton home on 23:41 - Apr 4 with 1950 viewsowainglyndwr

Southampton home on 21:43 - Apr 4 by DJack

I'm supposed to be coming back into Bristol the next Day.

Me also
I am flying home on the Thursday
Southampton home on 07:43 - Apr 5 with 1813 viewsSTID2017

I always thought it was 0-0 but turns out it was 1-0 to Germany, which of course helped both sides

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton home on 07:50 - Apr 5 with 1812 viewsSTID2017

Southampton home on 19:45 - Apr 4 by majorraglan

Hell of a goal, I can remember seeing being played a couple of times on the Saint and Greavesie back in the day.

Cracking goal that.
Have to say, hated Ian St. John for what he said the day after the Walsall game wa postponed and the gates locked for the last time "we thought".
Something along the lines of "Any club that can't pay it's way deserves to be shut down" (I have paraphrased, but the sentiment was the same)

Southampton home on 07:53 - Apr 5 with 1811 viewsSTID2017

Wish her a nice time and don't forget to pick her up at the airport when she gets home ?
Maybe not

Southampton home on 16:13 - Apr 5 with 1698 viewskarnataka

Southampton home on 07:53 - Apr 5 by STID2017

Wish her a nice time and don't forget to pick her up at the airport when she gets home ?
Maybe not

So it's possible that we could send Saints down on the Tuesday and do the same to Stoke a few days later.
Southampton home on 16:17 - Apr 5 with 1690 viewssherpajacob

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 4 by thornabyswan

There was a game in the 70s Coventry v Bristol City it kicked off 15 minutes late last game of the season.

I do remember a contrived result in the Olympics a few years back though badminton I think both teams got thrown out of the competition.

Don't forget Exeter's kick off was delayed on the last day in 2003.

in the end it didn't make any difference,

must of been nice for their supporters watching the last 15 minutes knowing we'd won and they were down. You can tell from the muted reaction to their late winner

[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 16:22]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Southampton home on 16:39 - Apr 5 with 1666 viewsSwanjaxs

Southampton home on 16:13 - Apr 5 by karnataka

So it's possible that we could send Saints down on the Tuesday and do the same to Stoke a few days later.

Or one or both could already be relegated by then.... 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Southampton home on 16:50 - Apr 5 with 1647 viewsthornabyswan

Southampton home on 16:39 - Apr 5 by Swanjaxs

Or one or both could already be relegated by then.... 🤔

As long as one of them don't send us down

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Southampton home on 19:39 - Apr 5 with 1584 viewsSgorioFruit

Southampton home on 19:57 - Apr 4 by Garyjack

There's nothing they can do. I seem to recall a few years back when Huddersfield were playing Barnsley in the last game of the season and with the scores level, the results came in from elsewhere which meant both would be safe if the scores remained the same. Barnsley passed the ball from keeper to defenders and back for about 3 mins while the Hudds players stood in their own half. No action was taken.

Who went down instead of them? I bet they were fuming with both them teams passing the ball amongst themselves.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Southampton home on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 1571 viewsGaryjack

Southampton home on 19:39 - Apr 5 by SgorioFruit

Who went down instead of them? I bet they were fuming with both them teams passing the ball amongst themselves.

Pompey from memory. I think they lost at Palace. But had either team got a winner, the other side would have gone down instead.
Southampton home on 20:16 - Apr 5 with 1536 viewsthornabyswan

Southampton home on 19:48 - Apr 5 by Garyjack

Pompey from memory. I think they lost at Palace. But had either team got a winner, the other side would have gone down instead.

I think it was Peterborough the Barnsley and Huddersfield fans all started chanting Yorkshire Yorkshire.
Imagine Planet Swans if that ever happens to us.
Would make an interesting read for a couple of days.

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 5 with 1520 viewsBanosswan

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 4 by thornabyswan

Both teams were trying to lose the badminton to finish second in the group and get a better draw in the next round.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 5 with 1519 viewsFlashberryjack

Wife booked a holiday flying from Bristol on 8th May for a fortnight, so missing Southampton and the Stoke game.................f*cking women

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Southampton home on 20:29 - Apr 5 with 1511 viewsGaryjack

Southampton home on 20:16 - Apr 5 by thornabyswan

I think it was Peterborough the Barnsley and Huddersfield fans all started chanting Yorkshire Yorkshire.
Imagine Planet Swans if that ever happens to us.
Would make an interesting read for a couple of days.

Or the other side of the coin being Swans v Cardiff playing it out chanting Wales Wales!

Yorkshire pussies!
Southampton home on 20:33 - Apr 5 with 1499 viewsthornabyswan

Southampton home on 20:24 - Apr 5 by Banosswan

Both teams were trying to lose the badminton to finish second in the group and get a better draw in the next round.

Yes that was it my point is they kicked them both out.
If they can do that in the Olympics why not football.
It wouldn't happen again if they did punish the teams involved.

Southampton home on 20:42 - Apr 5 with 1476 viewsthornabyswan

Southampton home on 20:29 - Apr 5 by Garyjack

Or the other side of the coin being Swans v Cardiff playing it out chanting Wales Wales!

Yorkshire pussies!

Yes we would play along till the 96th minute then score with a 35 yard screamer.and send the tw@ts down.
Beyron would call us all horrid names and Planet Swans would declare a ppublic holiday

Southampton home on 20:46 - Apr 5 with 1456 viewsWantagejack

Ditto. Can make Southampton so hope it's decided by then or on that night as will be in Vancouver for Stoke game.
Southampton home on 21:05 - Apr 5 with 1422 viewsPrivate_Partz

Southampton home on 19:30 - Apr 4 by Garyjack

It would have to be a miraculous set of results for Saints especially for us both to be in that position, but yeah, here's hoping!

I am hoping we are safe.
A warmish late Spring evening with an atmosphere as flat as a pancake as we look forward to another season under Carlos with Jenkins gone and new crack recruitment team beavering away for the next season.
A guy can dream....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Southampton home on 21:09 - Apr 5 with 1408 viewsmonmouth

Southampton home on 20:42 - Apr 5 by thornabyswan

Yes we would play along till the 96th minute then score with a 35 yard screamer.and send the tw@ts down.
Beyron would call us all horrid names and Planet Swans would declare a ppublic holiday

Bugatti Beyron?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024