Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does the WAG get away with it? 22:28 - May 8 with 7271 viewsrockj

I haven’t posted on here for around six months. I’ve been reading a lot of nonsense on here recently. One thing that has become clear old tribal bs has come back. Westminster gets slated day in day out, yet they’ve got capacity for 100k tests, we scrapped our targets because we couldn’t be even reach modest levels.

It smacks of its labour so that’s fine, if it’s the Tories then by definition they’re evil and we must slag them off an forget how useless labour are.

I think on VE Day it’s an outrage that the Nats in Scotland and Welsh labour have decided to be political. I’ve slated the tories on Brexit, I like to think I try to look at it issue by issue.

I sincerely hoped on this issue it would be like that but as ever tribal nonsense kicks in. No wonder Wales lags behind, we still reach for the comfort blanket when sh1t hits the fan.

For what it’s worth I agreed with the lockdown to get ducks in a row but I think we should be getting out there now and protect the most vulnerable. Otherwise we’ll have no Country to go back to and we’ll have huge issues with issues with metal health for example

We can’t hide away forever
[Post edited 8 May 2020 22:29]
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:30 - May 8 with 4249 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yes, the old tribalism is definitely back now.

Poll: Tory leader

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:33 - May 8 with 4230 viewsrockj

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:30 - May 8 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, the old tribalism is definitely back now.

When it should be the complete opposite!
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:36 - May 8 with 4212 viewsJack_Meoff

I completely agree with your last two paragraphs, bang on imo.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:42 - May 8 with 4195 viewsDarran

Metal health.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:42 - May 8 with 4195 viewsBillyChong

What’s it got to do with VE Day? Wales and Scotland are giving their citizens notice of what’s going on next week. Westminster will be giving less than 24 hours notice.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:50 - May 8 with 4175 viewsrockj

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:42 - May 8 by Darran

Metal health.

😂
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 00:31 - May 9 with 4097 viewsBytholWyn

What a crock of shyte.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 00:39 - May 9 with 4087 viewsrockj

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 00:31 - May 9 by BytholWyn

What a crock of shyte.

Here’s an idea, respond to the points
Login to get fewer ads

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 06:42 - May 9 with 4017 viewsbuilthjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 22:42 - May 8 by BillyChong

What’s it got to do with VE Day? Wales and Scotland are giving their citizens notice of what’s going on next week. Westminster will be giving less than 24 hours notice.

Johnson is a little bit behind

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 07:09 - May 9 with 3988 viewsJackinexile1

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 06:42 - May 9 by builthjack

Johnson is a little bit behind

Behind announcing that there is basically no change.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:08 - May 9 with 3940 viewsbuilthjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 07:09 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

Behind announcing that there is basically no change.

Well he may as well have said it on Friday rather than wait all weekend

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:26 - May 9 with 3919 viewsJackinexile1

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:08 - May 9 by builthjack

Well he may as well have said it on Friday rather than wait all weekend

He done enough damage leaking their lockdown exit strategy, the tabloids ran with it and it gave the public the green light to get pissed in the streets last night.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:31 - May 9 with 3911 viewsbuilthjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:26 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

He done enough damage leaking their lockdown exit strategy, the tabloids ran with it and it gave the public the green light to get pissed in the streets last night.

True

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 09:05 - May 9 with 3885 viewsmonmouth

I’m not tribal, I think everyone is shit, myself included.

I’m fully inclusive.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:25 - May 9 with 3822 viewsBest_loser

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 08:26 - May 9 by Jackinexile1

Boris is under pressure from big tory donors to end the lockdown
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:36 - May 9 with 3803 viewsKilkennyjack

There is no such thing as WAG, happy to help.

Welsh Parliament or Senedd please, and the Welsh Nats do not control it.

Maybe post again in another 6 months ?

Beware of the Risen People

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:55 - May 9 with 3782 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 09:05 - May 9 by monmouth

I’m not tribal, I think everyone is shit, myself included.

I’m fully inclusive.

You are tribal then, you just think there's only one tribe!

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell the OP he/she is a Tory apologist because he/she has dared slag off Labour.

Kilk, as ever, goes straight for least important/relevant part of the post. We all know what he/she meant by WAG.

I guess the lockdown has to end somewhere so yes, phasing it out but still protecting the most vulnerable makes sense.
This is aprt of the problem with devolution, the Scottish and Welsh governments (NI doesn't seem to be joining in the game) are trying to protect/reinforce their integrity. We saw it before, when Bojo offered Wales extra money but Drakeford turned it down because 'the Senedd will decide where it's spent' so if it was given to be directly spent on the M4 relief, he didn't want it. Political games, devolution is doing as much damage to the UK as Westminster, we have turned on ourselves, United Kingdom, we came close to it when Covid hit but we haven't really been united for a long while.
We have a rag tag bunch of Nats who would, if they could, tear Wales away from the UK against the majority wish, it's their idea of democracy. Anybody who declares their Britishness is instantly derided for obviously hating the Land of their fathers.

PS, hey Kilk, did you see my link about outside interference in the Scottish indy vote? Seems some nefarious power wanted to influence the Jocks to leave, how do you feel about that?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/05/irans-state-broadcaster-meddled-
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/iran-pushed-yes-vote-in-scottish-independence
[Post edited 9 May 2020 10:57]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:27 - May 9 with 3736 viewsKilkennyjack

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:55 - May 9 by Catullus

You are tribal then, you just think there's only one tribe!

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell the OP he/she is a Tory apologist because he/she has dared slag off Labour.

Kilk, as ever, goes straight for least important/relevant part of the post. We all know what he/she meant by WAG.

I guess the lockdown has to end somewhere so yes, phasing it out but still protecting the most vulnerable makes sense.
This is aprt of the problem with devolution, the Scottish and Welsh governments (NI doesn't seem to be joining in the game) are trying to protect/reinforce their integrity. We saw it before, when Bojo offered Wales extra money but Drakeford turned it down because 'the Senedd will decide where it's spent' so if it was given to be directly spent on the M4 relief, he didn't want it. Political games, devolution is doing as much damage to the UK as Westminster, we have turned on ourselves, United Kingdom, we came close to it when Covid hit but we haven't really been united for a long while.
We have a rag tag bunch of Nats who would, if they could, tear Wales away from the UK against the majority wish, it's their idea of democracy. Anybody who declares their Britishness is instantly derided for obviously hating the Land of their fathers.

PS, hey Kilk, did you see my link about outside interference in the Scottish indy vote? Seems some nefarious power wanted to influence the Jocks to leave, how do you feel about that?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/05/irans-state-broadcaster-meddled-
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/iran-pushed-yes-vote-in-scottish-independence
[Post edited 9 May 2020 10:57]

No - some day in the next decade the people of Wales will vote to leave this unequal union.

Thats going be far more democratic than how this unequal union was formed, of course.
Nobody in Wales ever agreed to join a union with England.

Once Scotland goes and Ireland is united again, then Wales will choose.
Nothing undemocratic in any of that.

Brexit ensured the breakup of the UK.

Beware of the Risen People

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:43 - May 9 with 3722 viewslondonlisa2001

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 10:25 - May 9 by Best_loser

Boris is under pressure from big tory donors to end the lockdown

No he’s not.

He’s under pressure because the economy is tanking far worse than expected and the reality of life is that people can’t live without money which means jobs.

If 30% of the population end up unemployed the fall out for everyone’s health will be worse than anything this virus will do.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:56 - May 9 with 3704 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:27 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

No - some day in the next decade the people of Wales will vote to leave this unequal union.

Thats going be far more democratic than how this unequal union was formed, of course.
Nobody in Wales ever agreed to join a union with England.

Once Scotland goes and Ireland is united again, then Wales will choose.
Nothing undemocratic in any of that.

Brexit ensured the breakup of the UK.

No comment about the outside interference in the Scottish indy vote then?

Interestingly Kilk, well for any remainer actually I guess, Switzerland withdrew it's membership application to the EU which had been going on for 14 years, apparently one Swiss politician said only a few lunatics would want to join now, that was in 2016, the week before our vote.
The main thing being though, 14 years! If Wales went indy and applied to join the EU it could take just as long.

For balance, I have to admit to reading that online in the Express so it might just be a biased, unfair and untrue story.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:03 - May 9 with 3689 viewsJinxy

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:43 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

No he’s not.

He’s under pressure because the economy is tanking far worse than expected and the reality of life is that people can’t live without money which means jobs.

If 30% of the population end up unemployed the fall out for everyone’s health will be worse than anything this virus will do.

It's pure politics eh Lisa. He/they know that although the net result may be arguably close, they will default to protecting the direct, not indirect consequence of CV-19, given how trackable the direct consequences are. Honest, brave politicians rarely reach the dizzy heights.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:07 - May 9 with 3681 viewsDr_Winston

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 12:43 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

No he’s not.

It's amazing the number of people who seem to think that the current situation can continue indefinitely. The point of the lockdown was to "flatten the curve" and buy the NHS time. Job done. There's so much capacity some of it is already being mothballed.

Now we need to start opening things up again. Obviously not back to where they were yet, but more than now. A vaccine or treatment that diminishes Covid may take months, years or indeed never appear. Waiting for one before trying to return to normal is a non-starter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:14 - May 9 with 3668 viewsCatullus

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:07 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

It's amazing the number of people who seem to think that the current situation can continue indefinitely. The point of the lockdown was to "flatten the curve" and buy the NHS time. Job done. There's so much capacity some of it is already being mothballed.

Now we need to start opening things up again. Obviously not back to where they were yet, but more than now. A vaccine or treatment that diminishes Covid may take months, years or indeed never appear. Waiting for one before trying to return to normal is a non-starter.

Your last paragraph is the scary one for all older people, ethnic communities and those of us with underlying conditions.
Who could face a life sentence of living like we do now? I think many people would rather take their chances, I certainly would if it turned out that way. I can keep this shielding lark up (mostly) for a while yet but not forever.

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:21 - May 9 with 3655 viewsJinxy

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:07 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

I agree. They're making it up as they go along aren't they. Lockdown was an easy decision to defend, but effectively condemning us to exposure to CV-19 is potentially, well, political suicide unless carefully dressed up. You get the feeling they're backed into a corner. One other thing - why the 3 weeks between reviews? I know it may well be built into legislation, but days, let alone weeks, can make all the difference to businesses, but on the flip side lives too I guess. As those little Welsh darlings once said in front of Mr Cowell, that's a toughie.
Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:33 - May 9 with 3633 viewsDr_Winston

Why does the WAG get away with it? on 13:14 - May 9 by Catullus

Your last paragraph is the scary one for all older people, ethnic communities and those of us with underlying conditions.
Who could face a life sentence of living like we do now? I think many people would rather take their chances, I certainly would if it turned out that way. I can keep this shielding lark up (mostly) for a while yet but not forever.

I suspect that we're already seeing it. More and more people are commenting about how much busier it's getting out there as opposed to three or four weeks ago.

People won't tolerate being restricted for that long. A lot of people can't afford to be restricted for that long.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024