Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) 19:25 - Dec 3 with 4304 viewsKeithHaynes

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper)

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 16:06 - Dec 4 with 779 viewsTreforys_Jack

I remember going to Oldham beginning of the season losing 2 - 1, and walking out of the ground thinking bloody hell we were good, this season is going to be great.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 17:43 - Dec 4 with 750 viewsBoundy

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 16:00 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Hypothetically speaking, do you want success or possession for the sake of possession, as Rodgers team was so often accused of.

Longevity is all very well if you don't want or expect much. If you want more entertaining football and a trophy then Laudrup is the choice.

Myself was proud how we played under Rodgers , no one else was at the time was playing as we were hence the negative comments from others , it was moment in the Clubs history where whenever you mentioned the Clubs name it was associated with playing good procession based football . Flynn left his mark and it carried on and developed through successive managers but Rodgers has the gift to improve his team beyond expectations and created a side better than the sum of its parts, at least for a time. Just my opinion of course but we did have some poor performances under both managers .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:29 - Dec 4 with 737 views9MilesHigh

It's a great question but unfortunately Swans fans are too bitter to answer it correctly.

There's only one. Roberto Martinez.

Without him there would be NOTHING.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:31 - Dec 4 with 737 viewsCatullus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 17:43 - Dec 4 by Boundy

Myself was proud how we played under Rodgers , no one else was at the time was playing as we were hence the negative comments from others , it was moment in the Clubs history where whenever you mentioned the Clubs name it was associated with playing good procession based football . Flynn left his mark and it carried on and developed through successive managers but Rodgers has the gift to improve his team beyond expectations and created a side better than the sum of its parts, at least for a time. Just my opinion of course but we did have some poor performances under both managers .

You can call them negative comments but when they rolled the stats out it was accurate. Sometimes we struggled (in the prem anyway) to get over the halfway line whereas under Laudrup (unless it's all rose tinted) we always carried a goal threat, until it all went pear shaped. But just for a while we were genuinely feared even by big teams.

Like I said, would you want lengevity if it meant not going anywhere or short temr if it meant challenging for a trophy?

For myself these days I only hope to be entertained. Winning is nice of course but enjoying the games is just as important to me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:58 - Dec 4 with 729 viewsbuilthjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:29 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

It's a great question but unfortunately Swans fans are too bitter to answer it correctly.

Martinez did a fantastic job. Its difficult to pick the best as they mostly all managed under different circumstances.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 722 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:29 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

Welcome back Chris. Bitter eh? I'd hazard a guess and say you were one of the 4600 fans who travelled all the way to Wigan on a cold Tuesday night just to call him a Judas! Go on admit it, you were there weren't you!
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:37 - Dec 4 with 714 views1462jack

All about opinions Chris and that opinion is yours however I do agree without Martinez we wouldn’t have made our way to the top table but for me it was laudrup winning the league cup was something else and I had the pleasure of presenting it before the game , we were a fantastic side with some fantastic players , that said Wembley 1994 will always be bigger for me , every time I hear UB40 falling in love with you I’m back there behind the goal amazing day
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:50 - Dec 4 with 706 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 16:00 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Hypothetically speaking, do you want success or possession for the sake of possession, as Rodgers team was so often accused of.

Longevity is all very well if you don't want or expect much. If you want more entertaining football and a trophy then Laudrup is the choice.

I don’t think it’s an option between the two.

I don’t think we would get any success under Laudrup, it was right man at the right time with the right blend of players, unlikely to see lightning strike the same spot twice. There is a reason he hasn’t been able to win anything major elsewhere or indeed secure a decent job.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:52 - Dec 4 with 703 viewsDr_Parnassus

I have him down as the most important, without question.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:28 - Dec 4 with 682 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:52 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I have him down as the most important, without question.

Hitler was important to WW2, though i doubt anyone would say he was the best participant.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:39 - Dec 4 with 666 viewsDr_Parnassus

That’s why I said there is a clear distinction between best, most successful and most important.

Elvis was one of the most important singers in music, was he the best? Probably not even in the conversation.

Flynn and Martinez started our journey and for me are the most important, Martinez wins as he started the style and brought it all together, got the club buzzing and most importantly ‘believing’ again. (and of course the Liberty factor of the question).

Brendan is the best manager we have had. He would walk into most teams and would be in the mix for the best jobs in the country such is his level and nearly won Liverpool their first PL title.

Laudrup is our most successful. A major trophy, some cracking players and some lovely football. But for half his reign it was pretty bad too and akin to the sort of results we had under the likes of Guidolin even though he had the best squad we have ever had at his disposal. I doubt he could replicate and hasn’t since he left which suggests that may be the case.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:51 - Dec 4 with 657 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:39 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s why I said there is a clear distinction between best, most successful and most important.

Elvis was one of the most important singers in music, was he the best? Probably not even in the conversation.

Flynn and Martinez started our journey and for me are the most important, Martinez wins as he started the style and brought it all together, got the club buzzing and most importantly ‘believing’ again. (and of course the Liberty factor of the question).

Brendan is the best manager we have had. He would walk into most teams and would be in the mix for the best jobs in the country such is his level and nearly won Liverpool their first PL title.

Laudrup is our most successful. A major trophy, some cracking players and some lovely football. But for half his reign it was pretty bad too and akin to the sort of results we had under the likes of Guidolin even though he had the best squad we have ever had at his disposal. I doubt he could replicate and hasn’t since he left which suggests that may be the case.

Wow! You actually took my post seriously!

Unsurprising though i guess, as you've never been one to display any form of humour!

Hang on, i take it back. the video of you eating the Cardiff gingerbread man was quite brilliant! Any chance you can put the link up for those who haven't seen it?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:53]
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:52 - Dec 4 with 624 viewsBoundy

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:31 - Dec 4 by Catullus

You can call them negative comments but when they rolled the stats out it was accurate. Sometimes we struggled (in the prem anyway) to get over the halfway line whereas under Laudrup (unless it's all rose tinted) we always carried a goal threat, until it all went pear shaped. But just for a while we were genuinely feared even by big teams.

Like I said, would you want lengevity if it meant not going anywhere or short temr if it meant challenging for a trophy?

For myself these days I only hope to be entertained. Winning is nice of course but enjoying the games is just as important to me.

My self I 'm not much into stats and probably watch the game for the moment rather than analyse its merits . As I previously posted Laudrup had a better technical squad a whereas Rodgers was a team effort . There's a saying " there are players playing in the PL and then there are PL players" IMO we were under Rodgers in the first category and the system worked. Don't get me wrong Laudrups tenure was the icing on the cake , we even had a evening at the stadium with Guillem Balagué discussing us ( admittedly plugging his book ) and sharing a bit of reflected glory .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:59 - Dec 4 with 619 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:27 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

Welcome back Chris. Bitter eh? I'd hazard a guess and say you were one of the 4600 fans who travelled all the way to Wigan on a cold Tuesday night just to call him a Judas! Go on admit it, you were there weren't you!

Oh yeah I was there and didn't even watch the game my eyes were fixated on him and him only.

But that was 10 years ago and I haven't felt like that for a long, long time now. We had our fun that night but it's best to leave bygones be bygones.

You're not still angry are you Ga? Do you need a cwtch?

What's up anyway, Fam. how's it going?
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:11 - Dec 4 with 613 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:37 - Dec 4 by 1462jack

All about opinions Chris and that opinion is yours however I do agree without Martinez we wouldn’t have made our way to the top table but for me it was laudrup winning the league cup was something else and I had the pleasure of presenting it before the game , we were a fantastic side with some fantastic players , that said Wembley 1994 will always be bigger for me , every time I hear UB40 falling in love with you I’m back there behind the goal amazing day

Yes, but that's a random season here and there, well, one really.

It is only between three isn't there. Martinez, Laudrup and Rodgers. You can add one more into the mix pre-Liberty and that's Tosh.

It's

1 Martinez
1 Tosh
2 Laudrup
2 Rodgers

Martinez made us all believe where there was literally none before. Had he stayed around and took us up I doubt there would be anyone disagreeing. He swept all along with him, including our old owners at the time who had the confidence from him to appoint managers in his image.

He changed the way we played football as a Club, from the bottom up. We all bought into it and it's given us the identity almost everyone associates with us to this day.

Football in his image. The Swansea way - Copyright Roberto Martinez

The Cup from Laudrup has its own legacy and is right up there, the football we played in that season was a dream, the history never to be taken away from us. Close for me, but no cigar.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:26 - Dec 4 with 608 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:39 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

It's not you is it mate??

I was told it was so I had a look through your posts and saw all the political ones and I said no chance.🙈

What happened?

Anyway, how are you mucker, you been back here long?

BLM ✊❤️
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:37 - Dec 4 with 600 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:59 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

Oh yeah I was there and didn't even watch the game my eyes were fixated on him and him only.

But that was 10 years ago and I haven't felt like that for a long, long time now. We had our fun that night but it's best to leave bygones be bygones.

You're not still angry are you Ga? Do you need a cwtch?

What's up anyway, Fam. how's it going?

I can't get angry about anything anymore Chris unless it's personal of course. Family is fine mate, except i've had to go part time at work as my wife needs me at home due to her health. I hate the saying, but it is what it is.
Hope your little'uns are well and doing yer nut!
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:46 - Dec 4 with 594 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:37 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

I can't get angry about anything anymore Chris unless it's personal of course. Family is fine mate, except i've had to go part time at work as my wife needs me at home due to her health. I hate the saying, but it is what it is.

Ah right, I was thinking about her and why I asked. Wish her well pal.

You sure having you around more is doing her mental health state ok though? ;-)

Kids are nuts. Keeping me young(er) ;-)
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:53 - Dec 4 with 591 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:46 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

Ah right, I was thinking about her and why I asked. Wish her well pal.

You sure having you around more is doing her mental health state ok though? ;-)

Kids are nuts. Keeping me young(er) ;-)

Me being around more is a strain on my mental health never mind hers!
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 23:23 - Dec 4 with 584 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:37 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

This one's coming up the ranks nicely ;-)

Bless their cotton socks
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 23:24 - Dec 4 with 583 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:53 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

Me being around more is a strain on my mental health never mind hers!

Wishing you both well then buddy
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 00:04 - Dec 5 with 561 viewsDJack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:11 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

Yes, but that's a random season here and there, well, one really.

It is only between three isn't there. Martinez, Laudrup and Rodgers. You can add one more into the mix pre-Liberty and that's Tosh.

It's

1 Martinez
1 Tosh
2 Laudrup
2 Rodgers

Martinez made us all believe where there was literally none before. Had he stayed around and took us up I doubt there would be anyone disagreeing. He swept all along with him, including our old owners at the time who had the confidence from him to appoint managers in his image.

He changed the way we played football as a Club, from the bottom up. We all bought into it and it's given us the identity almost everyone associates with us to this day.

Football in his image. The Swansea way - Copyright Roberto Martinez

The Cup from Laudrup has its own legacy and is right up there, the football we played in that season was a dream, the history never to be taken away from us. Close for me, but no cigar.

Your four listed, yes. The order, a debate that will never be resolved for so many reasons but we all must admit that we have been very lucky in our lifetime to have these guys and what they brought to our, relatively, small club.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 00:45 - Dec 5 with 548 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:26 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

It's not you is it mate??

I was told it was so I had a look through your posts and saw all the political ones and I said no chance.🙈

What happened?

Anyway, how are you mucker, you been back here long?

BLM ✊❤️

It is indeed.

I rarely spoke on politics before, I am pretty much a centrist and the political climate seemed to occupy that section on both sides, my views mirrored the norm.

But in the last half a decade or so the center as become divided with a tiny fraction of it now belonging to the left and the rest now being the right in many peoples eyes and opinions of what was the moderate left seem more and more extreme which has caused these talking points I guess. I can't have a bar of it mate, as I am sure you have seen.

All good here, glad you are active on here again. Thought we had lost you forever, I've only been back 6 months or so.

(All aboard the blm bus, but not the capitalised BLM bus, the organisation is quite different to the sentiment)

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 13:44 - Dec 5 with 450 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 23:24 - Dec 4 by 9MilesHigh

Wishing you both well then buddy

Same here mate. Lovely kids
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 17:32 - Dec 5 with 401 viewspencoedjack

Laudrup all day long.

Major trophy, European football & football that was the best I’ve seen in 40 years of following the Swans

I was travelling a lot with work at the time & everyone around Europe was talking about us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024