Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) 19:25 - Dec 3 with 4300 viewsKeithHaynes

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper)

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:27 - Dec 5 with 723 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 17:32 - Dec 5 by pencoedjack

Laudrup all day long.

Major trophy, European football & football that was the best I’ve seen in 40 years of following the Swans

I was travelling a lot with work at the time & everyone around Europe was talking about us.

The best manager the Swans have had in 13 years was sacked after 13 months.

Great.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:48 - Dec 5 with 714 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:27 - Dec 5 by 9MilesHigh

The best manager the Swans have had in 13 years was sacked after 13 months.

Great.

Eh?

Go on hit me!
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:50 - Dec 5 with 714 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:51 - Dec 4 by Garyjack

Wow! You actually took my post seriously!

Unsurprising though i guess, as you've never been one to display any form of humour!

Hang on, i take it back. the video of you eating the Cardiff gingerbread man was quite brilliant! Any chance you can put the link up for those who haven't seen it?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:53]

Found it!

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:57 - Dec 5 with 703 viewsshingle

Laudrup, not only the best manager since we moved to the Liberty but the best manager in our history, should have let him have a free reign, but a certain bunch with far less talent and know how put payed to that.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:03 - Dec 5 with 698 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:57 - Dec 5 by shingle

Laudrup, not only the best manager since we moved to the Liberty but the best manager in our history, should have let him have a free reign, but a certain bunch with far less talent and know how put payed to that.

On what basis was he the best?

Garry Monk was arguably our second best manager in our history if you purely count achievement, but clearly that’s far from the case.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:10 - Dec 5 with 665 viewsGaryjack

Fun fact: Michael Laudrup only won one Premier League game against a top six side. 0-2 v Arsenal Dec 2012.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 648 viewsQJumpingJack

but he won at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U in the Cups.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:47 - Dec 5 with 639 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:29 - Dec 5 by QJumpingJack

but he won at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U in the Cups.

Yes he did. That's what makes it all the more surprising, and why i said it was a 'fun fact'
Login to get fewer ads

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:31 - Dec 5 with 612 viewsDr_Winston

There is clearly a differential between best and most successful as previously said.

The best manager is clearly Rodgers, especially given his record since leaving. Whilst he was fortunate to inherit a strong position in the job like his two predecessors, he still had to deliver on it. He still had to keep a newly promoted team in the Premier League, which he accomplished with ease. I'm not convinced at all that we'd have struggled in his third season. We'd have been competitive at least.

Despite all that the first season under Laudrup is potentially the high water mark of our entire existence as a club, in terms of both winning trophies and the standard of football employed in the process. He took what Rodgers had created and kicked it on several gears.

You can't really look outside those two for best since moving to the stadium. Can't really look beyond those two full stop, despite big contributions from others in the clubs past.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:04 - Dec 5 with 597 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:57 - Dec 5 by shingle

It wasn't him a free rein we were giving, it was his agent and a lockdown on our finances
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 22:05]
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:06 - Dec 5 with 594 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:48 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

Eh?

Go on hit me!

Something you didn't get?
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:07 - Dec 5 with 592 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 18:50 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

Found it!

Mate, that's you, drop this other boll0x.

Class
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:09 - Dec 5 with 587 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:07 - Dec 5 by 9MilesHigh

Mate, that's you, drop this other boll0x.

Class

Simpler times.

My views are my views though mate, can’t be changing them to appease people.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:10 - Dec 5 with 586 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:31 - Dec 5 by Dr_Winston

There is clearly a differential between best and most successful as previously said.

The best manager is clearly Rodgers, especially given his record since leaving. Whilst he was fortunate to inherit a strong position in the job like his two predecessors, he still had to deliver on it. He still had to keep a newly promoted team in the Premier League, which he accomplished with ease. I'm not convinced at all that we'd have struggled in his third season. We'd have been competitive at least.

Despite all that the first season under Laudrup is potentially the high water mark of our entire existence as a club, in terms of both winning trophies and the standard of football employed in the process. He took what Rodgers had created and kicked it on several gears.

You can't really look outside those two for best since moving to the stadium. Can't really look beyond those two full stop, despite big contributions from others in the clubs past.

Who were you screaming for before Martinez was appointed now? hahaha

Some joirneyman long ball manager, will you admit to who it was, i forget now.

Maybe it's why you want the midfield bypassed now.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:11 - Dec 5 with 584 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:09 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Simpler times.

My views are my views though mate, can’t be changing them to appease people.

No, but you can get lost in arguments you didn't originally believe in.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:14 - Dec 5 with 581 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:11 - Dec 5 by 9MilesHigh

No, but you can get lost in arguments you didn't originally believe in.

I’ve not ever changed my political views.

This is a new political climate, had the political climate been this way 15 years ago I would have had these same discussions 15 years ago.

Don’t like the way society is going. I’m pretty unapologetic, it’s just common sense from my view.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:21 - Dec 5 with 571 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:06 - Dec 5 by 9MilesHigh

Something you didn't get?

Erm yeah! The only manager we had for 13 months in the last 13 years was Sousa.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 01:13 - Dec 6 with 524 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:21 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

Erm yeah! The only manager we had for 13 months in the last 13 years was Sousa.

Ah my apologies, what was it, 17 or 18? Moody sod ;-)
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 11:42 - Dec 6 with 447 viewsswancity

It’s impossible to say who is the “best” as there are so many differentials to consider: playing budget, resources, training facilities, timing, division, players etc but for winning the League One Championship with flair and fluency and changing the playing style literally overnight Roberto Martinez‘ achievements put him at the top of the pile.

But let’s be fair, Brendan Rodgers was undoubtedly also so successful as was Michael Laudrup. It was a sheets delight to watch our team play right through this era with the notable exception of the defensive dross experienced for one season under Sousa.

Historically though John Toshacks achievements make him our all time number one. I’ll never forget those days. ❤️

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 12:07 - Dec 6 with 440 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 22:14 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I’ve not ever changed my political views.

This is a new political climate, had the political climate been this way 15 years ago I would have had these same discussions 15 years ago.

Don’t like the way society is going. I’m pretty unapologetic, it’s just common sense from my view.

I have, I voted Cameron in 2010 or whenever it was or at least that was my objective as voting Tory in Aberdare is a pretty lost cause. I was generally politically disenfranchised back then in, like you say, simpler times. I was also very wary of Corbyn 5 years ago and didn't want him in charge.

I changed my tune on that as well and was really hoping to see what effect he would have had taking on the establishment.

Basically mate, if you're not changing your mind, you're not using it.

And if you want to pathetically trawl through crap to shine the Trump family and administration in a good light then you haven;t got an effing mind.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 13:21 - Dec 6 with 421 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 12:07 - Dec 6 by 9MilesHigh

I have, I voted Cameron in 2010 or whenever it was or at least that was my objective as voting Tory in Aberdare is a pretty lost cause. I was generally politically disenfranchised back then in, like you say, simpler times. I was also very wary of Corbyn 5 years ago and didn't want him in charge.

I changed my tune on that as well and was really hoping to see what effect he would have had taking on the establishment.

Basically mate, if you're not changing your mind, you're not using it.

And if you want to pathetically trawl through crap to shine the Trump family and administration in a good light then you haven;t got an effing mind.

In your opinion of course.

“Trawling through crap” of course, you mean major political points you would prefer to ignore as they are inconvenient to your liberal crusade?

I most certainly won’t be changing my mind. You can of course put forward some points to try, however your current style won’t be changing anybodies mind that’s for sure.

But at this point I think we both know that is not your intention. You want a sparring partner. Happy to oblige.

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 15:53 - Dec 6 with 387 viewspencoedjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:03 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

On what basis was he the best?

Garry Monk was arguably our second best manager in our history if you purely count achievement, but clearly that’s far from the case.

Monk dined on what Laudrup left him.

It’s clear to see with the crap job he has done everywhere since leaving us.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:05 - Dec 6 with 356 views9MilesHigh

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 15:53 - Dec 6 by pencoedjack

Monk dined on what Laudrup left him.

It’s clear to see with the crap job he has done everywhere since leaving us.

There's an element of every manager dining on a bit of what was left before.

Apart from Martinez who ripped it all up and revolutionised us.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:48 - Dec 6 with 337 viewspencoedjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 19:05 - Dec 6 by 9MilesHigh

There's an element of every manager dining on a bit of what was left before.

Apart from Martinez who ripped it all up and revolutionised us.

Indeed there is Chris but iimo Monk had it better than most.

I guess everyone has their own opinion mine is Laudrup was the best for the reasons I stated earlier in the thread.
Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 21:17 - Dec 6 with 330 viewsGaryjack

Best Swans manager since we moved to the Liberty ( exc Jackett & Cooper) on 20:48 - Dec 6 by pencoedjack

Indeed there is Chris but iimo Monk had it better than most.

I guess everyone has their own opinion mine is Laudrup was the best for the reasons I stated earlier in the thread.

Chico Flores
Pablo Hernández
Jonathan de Guzmán
José Cañas
Alejandro Pozuelo
Michu

These players all left the club prior to Monks full season in charge. They were the cream of the crop of Laudrups signings. So your claim doesn't really hold any water Pencs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024