Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great topic on Anis' site 13:46 - Jan 4 with 5528 viewswhiterock

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219494&sid=eaf3832886
Great topic on Anis' site on 13:46 - Jan 4 with 4116 viewswhiterock

Feel the envy
Great topic on Anis' site on 14:47 - Jan 4 with 4036 viewsHighjack

What Anus and a lot of them don’t realise is that clubs become “bigger” with success and popularity. They still think of us as lower league fodder, but we’ve grown exponentially at home and abroad.

We have picked up so many fans from around the world particularly in our early years in the Prem when we were the entertaining underdogs playing without any fear. Cardiff never had that. Their two spells in the premier league were entirely forgettable. No neutral would watch either of those sides and say “yeah that’s the team for me. I love the way they wallop it up aimlessly to Ken Wyn Jones/Zohore/generic massive cart horse and hope for the best. Brilliant.”

I’ve met so many people whilst travelling about who on finding out where I’m from want to talk excitedly about the swans. Michu always comes up, as does Trundle. I imagine Cardiff fans aren’t often approached to discuss David Marshall’s excellent save to goal ratio that year they finished bottom, or that time they actually put six passes together before launching it to Ivar Lotterheight up front.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Great topic on Anis' site on 16:30 - Jan 4 with 3933 viewsKeithHaynes

Great topic on Anis' site on 14:47 - Jan 4 by Highjack

What Anus and a lot of them don’t realise is that clubs become “bigger” with success and popularity. They still think of us as lower league fodder, but we’ve grown exponentially at home and abroad.

We have picked up so many fans from around the world particularly in our early years in the Prem when we were the entertaining underdogs playing without any fear. Cardiff never had that. Their two spells in the premier league were entirely forgettable. No neutral would watch either of those sides and say “yeah that’s the team for me. I love the way they wallop it up aimlessly to Ken Wyn Jones/Zohore/generic massive cart horse and hope for the best. Brilliant.”

I’ve met so many people whilst travelling about who on finding out where I’m from want to talk excitedly about the swans. Michu always comes up, as does Trundle. I imagine Cardiff fans aren’t often approached to discuss David Marshall’s excellent save to goal ratio that year they finished bottom, or that time they actually put six passes together before launching it to Ivar Lotterheight up front.

There are many many Spanish football fans here who know all about Swansea City, yes we have had chats about Cardiff, but they dont know about them that much. Obviously and I wont list them, our many Spanish players, European wins, in this country and of course the major trophy all have impacted on our clubs awareness abroad. Seven seasons in the EPL too. I always used to see people here watching Swans games a few years back in the bars.

Personally I couldn't care how big they think they are or how big we are, I know who is the better club, who plays the better football and who has achieved the most success in the last thirty years. I've had mates across here, one who met two lads who are Spanish in a restaurant who were swans fans, born in this country, I see Spanish people wearing swans tops, and at the football at Cadiz CF. I see no Cardiff and never have. Is that a gauge ? who knows and as I said who cares.

I know the clubs have social media platforms on twitter, any idea how many followers for each ? I think that answers a few questions.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Great topic on Anis' site on 16:49 - Jan 4 with 3909 viewsonehunglow

Great topic on Anis' site on 16:30 - Jan 4 by KeithHaynes

There are many many Spanish football fans here who know all about Swansea City, yes we have had chats about Cardiff, but they dont know about them that much. Obviously and I wont list them, our many Spanish players, European wins, in this country and of course the major trophy all have impacted on our clubs awareness abroad. Seven seasons in the EPL too. I always used to see people here watching Swans games a few years back in the bars.

Personally I couldn't care how big they think they are or how big we are, I know who is the better club, who plays the better football and who has achieved the most success in the last thirty years. I've had mates across here, one who met two lads who are Spanish in a restaurant who were swans fans, born in this country, I see Spanish people wearing swans tops, and at the football at Cadiz CF. I see no Cardiff and never have. Is that a gauge ? who knows and as I said who cares.

I know the clubs have social media platforms on twitter, any idea how many followers for each ? I think that answers a few questions.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Keith .
Wgat still upsets me is the fact we should still be at the top table and even more international focus be upon our clb.

That we failed utterly to capitalise on our glorious rise and our fronting up to the biggest clubs and beating them makes me seethe.

To beat the vainglorious Manchester Utd at Cold Trafford ,was something,as was silencing the Kop when we won there,which led to their fans applauding our team off the pitch which some of our dumber fans thought was patronising .A fan base that have seen some great nights at Anfield against the biggest clubs in the world applauding our lads because of how we played. Too right Im proud.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Great topic on Anis' site on 20:57 - Jan 4 with 3772 viewsNotLoyal

Hilarious comments, they still think they are better, and as long as they do, that's their problem.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Great topic on Anis' site on 11:17 - Jan 5 with 3602 viewswhiterock

What did Abidanato say, they probably have the better squad? they probably have for their long ball style but wouldn't be able to adapt to play our style
Great topic on Anis' site on 12:25 - Jan 5 with 3563 viewsCatullus

There's a song we used to sing that sounds relevant here...Cardiff City's falling down....build it up with Black and White.....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Great topic on Anis' site on 12:58 - Jan 5 with 3538 viewsFireboy2

Great topic on Anis' site on 12:25 - Jan 5 by Catullus

There's a song we used to sing that sounds relevant here...Cardiff City's falling down....build it up with Black and White.....

We still do at away games Cat, btw i cant believe it's over 10 months since our last away trip at Blackburn, will never forget my eldest giving the Blackburn fans the bird every time we scored and when woodman saved the penalty, I was smiling inside but had to reluctantly tell him off.
Login to get fewer ads

Great topic on Anis' site on 13:21 - Jan 5 with 3514 viewswhiterock

Fair post....... There are lots of different metrics you can use to measure the size of a club. Success is one of them. Just because we are the capital dosnt mean we are bigger in all aspects. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Swansea over take us, as well as seeing clubs fall from prem to league 1/2 that i dont buy into this "bigger club" idea.

We have been rather stagnate. Been the almost team, to a bit of yoyo club. I think a big part of Swansea success has been the fact it started in the lower leagues and developed a good brand of football. While managers in the championship are raley given a chance to make a long lasting impression unless they have immediate success. Look at Harris now. Very nearly got us promoted last year, and were in a bad spell now and people want to get rid. Which could me and overall of background staff, as well as youth academy as he brought in a few people in himself.

Harris attempted to get us playing a more possession based game and evolve our style, but didn't get immediate wins and ended up reverting back to a more direct style. Win 5 games in a row, then another bad streak and were back to calling for his head.

This "we're a bigger club" in my view is what a led to a lack of patients with mangers, which in turn adds to the lack of continuity that would be needed for long term success.
Great topic on Anis' site on 14:33 - Jan 5 with 3472 viewsGroo

I like this thread, apparently they are a massive club with a massive fanbase, all other silmilar clubs are successful, they can't think why they are not.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219511&sid=964d28f0fa

Groo does what Groo does best

Great topic on Anis' site on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 3436 viewsVincent_Vega

Time has not been kind to their delusions.

Where do you start.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Great topic on Anis' site on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 3407 viewsHighjack

Great topic on Anis' site on 14:33 - Jan 5 by Groo

I like this thread, apparently they are a massive club with a massive fanbase, all other silmilar clubs are successful, they can't think why they are not.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219511&sid=964d28f0fa

Bloody hell they are mental.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Great topic on Anis' site on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 3404 viewsVincent_Vega

Great topic on Anis' site on 15:56 - Jan 5 by Highjack

Great topic on Anis' site on 17:27 - Jan 5 with 3361 views1462jack

Great topic on Anis' site on 15:56 - Jan 5 by Highjack

And Anus is the worst of them all , always been full of sh@t
Great topic on Anis' site on 18:04 - Jan 5 with 3338 viewsCatullus

Great topic on Anis' site on 12:58 - Jan 5 by Fireboy2

We still do at away games Cat, btw i cant believe it's over 10 months since our last away trip at Blackburn, will never forget my eldest giving the Blackburn fans the bird every time we scored and when woodman saved the penalty, I was smiling inside but had to reluctantly tell him off.

I miss away days too. More than not going to home games in fact. There seemed to be more freedom at away games, you were expected to sing, to cheer and have fun no matter what. Sometimes home games felt like a library!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Great topic on Anis' site on 18:06 - Jan 5 with 3338 viewsFireboy2

Great topic on Anis' site on 18:04 - Jan 5 by Catullus

I miss away days too. More than not going to home games in fact. There seemed to be more freedom at away games, you were expected to sing, to cheer and have fun no matter what. Sometimes home games felt like a library!

And get at least 6 pints of real ale down your neck before the game😁
Great topic on Anis' site on 21:56 - Jan 5 with 3263 viewsjackrabbit

Great topic on Anis' site on 14:47 - Jan 4 by Highjack

Saw this on the Upper East Side, Manhattan, circa 2015. I knew we’d arrived ...

https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/ABBJGWJNriQslfBY2W17hqosDJ7kgvTKbSIYnWCfaON
Great topic on Anis' site on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 3225 viewsCatullus

One of them thinks they'd be top ten for crowds, another one reckons they'd dwarf most teams and lastly, apparently we've never had a crowd over 30k, why is that relevant? As well as being wrong obviously.

I think the only sane one there is westcoastblue....relatively sane anyway.

Maybe they are classic underachievers, they have a 30k plus stadium, a billionaire owner and they are a CAPITAL city......poor old MASSIVE Cardiff city, our shadow must be getting too heavy for them.

Great topic on Anis' site on 23:10 - Jan 5 with 3187 viewsowainglyndwr

One of them mentioned 10p in a pound and we should of got kicked out of the league .
Sala and 15 million come to mind
Great topic on Anis' site on 23:35 - Jan 5 with 3166 viewsDr_Parnassus

Great topic on Anis' site on 13:21 - Jan 5 by whiterock

Fair post....... There are lots of different metrics you can use to measure the size of a club. Success is one of them. Just because we are the capital dosnt mean we are bigger in all aspects. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Swansea over take us, as well as seeing clubs fall from prem to league 1/2 that i dont buy into this "bigger club" idea.

We have been rather stagnate. Been the almost team, to a bit of yoyo club. I think a big part of Swansea success has been the fact it started in the lower leagues and developed a good brand of football. While managers in the championship are raley given a chance to make a long lasting impression unless they have immediate success. Look at Harris now. Very nearly got us promoted last year, and were in a bad spell now and people want to get rid. Which could me and overall of background staff, as well as youth academy as he brought in a few people in himself.

Harris attempted to get us playing a more possession based game and evolve our style, but didn't get immediate wins and ended up reverting back to a more direct style. Win 5 games in a row, then another bad streak and were back to calling for his head.

This "we're a bigger club" in my view is what a led to a lack of patients with mangers, which in turn adds to the lack of continuity that would be needed for long term success.

Rob, I agree with most of it, but just a few points.

“You” aren’t the capital. You just happen to play there, just like UWIC and Llanrumney United do. I have never heard another club claim to be a capital before, that’s the state of the delusion at the club.

Yo-yo club is also now being used on that site, which again is bizarre. You have been there twice in 60 years.

The rest of what you say is about right.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Great topic on Anis' site on 00:20 - Jan 6 with 3134 viewsSlugster664

There's a thread on that site talking about derby games/songs/atmosphere, one guy says "At the end of one of the games we started chanting to them 'we are your capital, we are your capital', the Jacks were going fecking mental, it was brilliant"...I don't know one single Swans fan who gives two shytes if they are the capital city It's very embarrassing the fact that is all they have...delusional, the lot of them.

STID

Great topic on Anis' site on 00:53 - Jan 6 with 3129 viewsDr_Parnassus

Great topic on Anis' site on 00:20 - Jan 6 by Slugster664

There's a thread on that site talking about derby games/songs/atmosphere, one guy says "At the end of one of the games we started chanting to them 'we are your capital, we are your capital', the Jacks were going fecking mental, it was brilliant"...I don't know one single Swans fan who gives two shytes if they are the capital city It's very embarrassing the fact that is all they have...delusional, the lot of them.

Yes that’s very much a one way thing. Many Swans fans don’t even live in Swansea. I think that’s more something that makes them feel grander than they are as opposed to anyone else caring. I don’t think Barnet or Leyton Orient are going to be point scoring with that over Man United and Liverpool somehow. Bizarre.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Great topic on Anis' site on 07:26 - Jan 6 with 3065 viewsHighjack

Great topic on Anis' site on 00:20 - Jan 6 by Slugster664

I’m sure they used to bring a flag that said “we are you’re capitol” which says it all.

Great topic on Anis' site on 08:31 - Jan 6 with 3043 viewsVincent_Vega

Great topic on Anis' site on 07:26 - Jan 6 by Highjack

I’m sure they used to bring a flag that said “we are you’re capitol” which says it all.

What you got to ask yourself is 'would I swap their situation (cApItOl status, stadium, billionaire owner etc.) and history with ours?' THATS what grinds them, THATS what gets them down and makes them regale tales of 1927 (not that any of them were actually there) and bleat on about cApItOl city status.

Far from being angry or bitterness towards them I feel something else, Pity. Genuinely pity them. They live like residents of Pyongyang. Wrapped in their little delusional bubble believing they're the best at everything and if it wasn't for X,Y and Z they'd be 10 times champions league winners. A narrative fed by people like Anus, BBCardiff, Abbadawhatshisname from WOL that because they're based in Cardiff then by default they should dine at the elite table of football.

We of course know different

Great topic on Anis' site on 10:39 - Jan 6 with 2988 viewsCatullus

So classic underachievers AND deluded, self entitled loonies to boot!

Right now is there one player in Cardiffs squad we'd want to buy? Maybe Moore to get on the end of Bidwells crosses, Smithies?

I reckon if we reversed the question they'd want most of our first eleven and our manager too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024