Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt 12:15 - Jul 29 with 7520 viewsSwansIndependent

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt 29th Jul 2021 12:12
Swansea City boss Julian Winter has come up with a strategy to ensure the club has a manager in situ prior to the league season opener at Blackburn Rovers. Recent speculation on who is in the frame is confirmed with Russell Martin, Jody Morris, Derek McInnes and Cameron Toshack all being considered. 1

Latest on the increasingly long manager hunt above.
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 4372 viewsBadlands

A 'major change in strategy' suggests he's been told to look at more established managers who my not be attached to a club or promote from within.
The reports are Levien has become actively involved also suggests Winter may not be in post for long. They were always in contact with previous CEOs but very rarely interfered.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:35 - Jul 29 with 4340 views3swan

Much of what's written is what you'd hope is happening, we should be looking wide and should have been from the word go. No professional business should be waiting on maybe 2 to 3 options but be sounding out many alternatives so where we see ourselves now should not have happened. The financial constraints and management structure won't appeal to many.
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:37 - Jul 29 with 4308 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:35 - Jul 29 by 3swan

Much of what's written is what you'd hope is happening, we should be looking wide and should have been from the word go. No professional business should be waiting on maybe 2 to 3 options but be sounding out many alternatives so where we see ourselves now should not have happened. The financial constraints and management structure won't appeal to many.

Definitely not to Martin and Morris. Winter is fighting for his job as far as I’m concerned, could be too little too late.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:40 - Jul 29 with 4279 viewsChief

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:31 - Jul 29 by Badlands

A 'major change in strategy' suggests he's been told to look at more established managers who my not be attached to a club or promote from within.
The reports are Levien has become actively involved also suggests Winter may not be in post for long. They were always in contact with previous CEOs but very rarely interfered.

What reports are these about Levien?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:41 - Jul 29 with 4270 viewsChief

Could this strategy change be behind the reason for Wilder now getting linked?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 4240 viewsguthrieintherain

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:37 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Definitely not to Martin and Morris. Winter is fighting for his job as far as I’m concerned, could be too little too late.

He has brought it on himself pi$$ed about all summer when he must have had an idea Cooper was off.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 4237 viewsItchySphincter

Good article.

I tried to tell someone earlier that we'd have people queuing up for the job. Getting someone won't be a problem. getting the right someone obviously is.

This one is going to come out of leftfield I think.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:47 - Jul 29 with 4189 viewsBadlands

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:40 - Jul 29 by Chief

What reports are these about Levien?

The club’s interest in Jody Morris is also mentioned in the report, however, it is suggested that Martin now appears to be Levien and Kaplan’s favourite for the position.
Previously the CEO took full responsibility with Levien and Kaplan going along with the appointments. The only other time they influenced was after Bradley left (despite rumours they had no part on Bob's appointment).
The problem with established managers is many of them believe they are worth far more than their talent suggests and they are only interested in clubs that give them unlimited funds. We can't and maybe other clubs shouldn't.
Anyway, here's a list of currently unemployed managers at our level.
Out-of-Work Managers: Championship & EFL Contenders
ALEX NEIL
TONY PULIS
GUS POYET
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
PAUL CLEMENT
PAUL LAMBERT
SOL CAMPBELL
ROBERTO DI MATTEO
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 12:51]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 4183 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:43 - Jul 29 by guthrieintherain

He has brought it on himself pi$$ed about all summer when he must have had an idea Cooper was off.

He knew on June 2nd, it’s madness to think he did nothing when his career to date has been completely the opposite. Maybe he is looking for a pay off ?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 4156 viewsglanmORJa_k

Perhaps its Swans director Sam Porter responsible for all the feet dragging. Hasn't he been involved with recruitment over the last 12-18 months
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 4154 viewscymrojack

Another tidy article Keith. Diolch.

You wrote :-
'Head of recruitment and ex Rotherham and Brentford manager Andy Scott currently manages much of what business the swans can do at present. We know this frustrated Steve Cooper greatly during his time at the club, and he found it very difficult to understand the fixed financial constraints passed down from the USA. Scott on the other hand does, and has more access to information at that level.'

Just for balance, here's a link to an Andy Scott interview from a few months back :-

https://uknewstoday.co.uk/2021/04/28/andy-scott-interview-inheriting-chaos-and-t

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:51 - Jul 29 with 4136 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:50 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

Another tidy article Keith. Diolch.

You wrote :-
'Head of recruitment and ex Rotherham and Brentford manager Andy Scott currently manages much of what business the swans can do at present. We know this frustrated Steve Cooper greatly during his time at the club, and he found it very difficult to understand the fixed financial constraints passed down from the USA. Scott on the other hand does, and has more access to information at that level.'

Just for balance, here's a link to an Andy Scott interview from a few months back :-

https://uknewstoday.co.uk/2021/04/28/andy-scott-interview-inheriting-chaos-and-t

I’m a big fan of andy Scott, I think he has done remarkably well getting Piroe and Joseph in 👍

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:53 - Jul 29 with 4110 viewsThornburyswan

Wilder & Tate shortened markedly in Sky’s odds making it a 4-horse race for them with Martin & Morris.

Maybe it’s an alphabet thing Cooper - Eustace - Martin - Morris - Tate - Wilder . . . . Zola anyone?
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 4056 viewsvetchonian

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:47 - Jul 29 by Badlands

The club’s interest in Jody Morris is also mentioned in the report, however, it is suggested that Martin now appears to be Levien and Kaplan’s favourite for the position.
Previously the CEO took full responsibility with Levien and Kaplan going along with the appointments. The only other time they influenced was after Bradley left (despite rumours they had no part on Bob's appointment).
The problem with established managers is many of them believe they are worth far more than their talent suggests and they are only interested in clubs that give them unlimited funds. We can't and maybe other clubs shouldn't.
Anyway, here's a list of currently unemployed managers at our level.
Out-of-Work Managers: Championship & EFL Contenders
ALEX NEIL
TONY PULIS
GUS POYET
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
PAUL CLEMENT
PAUL LAMBERT
SOL CAMPBELL
ROBERTO DI MATTEO

What report?

Where can the rest of us see it

Looking at that list maybe only two names should interest us

Lambert and Di Matteo...wouldnt want the others anywhere near

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:01 - Jul 29 with 4026 viewscymrojack

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:53 - Jul 29 by Thornburyswan

Wilder & Tate shortened markedly in Sky’s odds making it a 4-horse race for them with Martin & Morris.

Maybe it’s an alphabet thing Cooper - Eustace - Martin - Morris - Tate - Wilder . . . . Zola anyone?

If there is money in the budget for for Wilder & Knill, yes, absolutely.

Though, if there is money for those two, it clearly opens up the possibility of approaching many others too.

That's not expressing a desire on my behalf to spend any more money than is needed. I mentioned Pascal Jansen of AZ Alkmarr on another thread, not only because he is the type of manager we should be monitoring, but he is also on a reported 4k a week.
Winter should have a list of this kind of candidate.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:16]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:02 - Jul 29 with 4023 viewsKGriz16

Very informative article, and the communication on here all Summer has been fantastic. Thanks, Keith mate.
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:02 - Jul 29 with 4017 viewsItchySphincter

The daft thing for me is that if we are going to have to change our policy with regards to how much influence the head coach has on player dealings, and we really want Martin, then why not change it now so we can get Martin, rather than lose him over internal policy and then have to change it anyway to get the next guy. If we have a list of people prepared to work under current policy but we don't fancy any of them then what's the point in it all?

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 4009 viewsItchySphincter

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 12:58 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

What report?

Where can the rest of us see it

Looking at that list maybe only two names should interest us

Lambert and Di Matteo...wouldnt want the others anywhere near

The report is the OP.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:05 - Jul 29 with 3988 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:02 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

The daft thing for me is that if we are going to have to change our policy with regards to how much influence the head coach has on player dealings, and we really want Martin, then why not change it now so we can get Martin, rather than lose him over internal policy and then have to change it anyway to get the next guy. If we have a list of people prepared to work under current policy but we don't fancy any of them then what's the point in it all?

Wilder would be heard across Wales if he doesn’t get his own way. I can’t se the club wanting him, he is a loose cannon at times.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:17 - Jul 29 with 3882 viewsChief

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:03 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

The report is the OP.

Nothing in the OP report about Levien specifically getting involved in the recruitment process though is there?

Or does Badlands have some insight into the American owners that others don't?

Would explain a lot to be honest.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:23 - Jul 29 with 3837 viewsKeithHaynes

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:17 - Jul 29 by Chief

Nothing in the OP report about Levien specifically getting involved in the recruitment process though is there?

Or does Badlands have some insight into the American owners that others don't?

Would explain a lot to be honest.

Def was with Morris and Ariola. No way would cooper have identified them.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:26 - Jul 29 with 3800 viewsChief

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:23 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Def was with Morris and Ariola. No way would cooper have identified them.

Sorry I thought they were alluding to Levein getting involved in the current manager search?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:27]

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:38 - Jul 29 with 3706 viewsThornburyswan

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:05 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Wilder would be heard across Wales if he doesn’t get his own way. I can’t se the club wanting him, he is a loose cannon at times.

True but our owners are never in Wales so it will fall on deaf ears!
Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:39 - Jul 29 with 3690 viewsItchySphincter

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:26 - Jul 29 by Chief

Sorry I thought they were alluding to Levein getting involved in the current manager search?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:27]

I thought I read that somewhere, but maybe I read between the lines, what with Winter coming under pressure, not sure but there's no way you employ a chief exec and then have to get involved yourself. That would be thank you and goodnight as far as Winter is concerned.

Major change of strategy in Swansea manager hunt on 13:50 - Jul 29 with 3590 viewsPBJ

I love to see Derek McInnes here

He is proven👍🏻

We have more money than the Scot side for a fact.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:54]

Always go with the Facts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024