Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 110351 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:40 - Feb 26 with 3416 viewsjohnhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:16 - Feb 25 by BlackCrowe

Eh? The UK have been calling ban Russia from the SWIFT payment system since January when it became apparent about the game in play (it would genuinely hurt Russia). Alas EU, even today, can't agree with that as Germany and Italy don't want that due to self interest.

Indeed, apparently the Italians secured an exemption from the sanctions for their luxury goods trade because they want to carry on flogging Gucci loafers etc to the oligarchs and the Belgians similar for their diamond trade!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:24 - Feb 26 with 3285 viewsflynnbo

Chris Bryant has just tweeted the following:
"I have learnt (again) over the last 48 hours: that if you attack Putin online you get a lot of abuse, mostly from anonymous accounts with no followers; and that there is a lot of Russia-driven misinformation (eg on Italy wanting sanction opt outs as from
@BreitbartNews
).
10:07 am · 26 Feb 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:31 - Feb 26 with 3137 viewsJamesB1979

Poland does the right thing, whilst FIFA watches on. It shouldn’t be like that. England and other major nations should show support of Polish position. You don’t chuck out Russia, we won’t go to Qatar.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:37 - Feb 26 with 3123 viewsGloryHunter

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:02 - Feb 25 by Sonofpugwash

Apparently Vlad The Invader is considering using Thermobaric weapons like the Yanks did in Afghanistan. In the urban environment indiscriminate and barbaric.

"The [blast] kill mechanism against living targets is unique–and unpleasant.... What kills is the pressure wave, and more importantly, the subsequent rarefaction [vacuum], which ruptures the lungs.... If the fuel deflagrates but does not detonate, victims will be severely burned and will probably also inhale the burning fuel. Since the most common FAE fuels, ethylene oxide and propylene oxide, are highly toxic, undetonated FAE should prove as lethal to personnel caught within the cloud as most chemical agents.
The effect of an FAE explosion within confined spaces is immense. Those near the ignition point are obliterated. Those at the fringe are likely to suffer many internal, and thus invisible injuries, including burst eardrums and crushed inner ear organs, severe concussions, ruptured lungs and internal organs, and possibly blindness."

This is now genuinely scary. This guy needs assassinating, for the good of all humanity. There would seem to be no other way of stopping him.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:18 - Feb 26 with 3033 viewsLythamR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:37 - Feb 26 by GloryHunter

This is now genuinely scary. This guy needs assassinating, for the good of all humanity. There would seem to be no other way of stopping him.

Putin is so dangerous now he has to be put down

There is a lot of opposition to the invasion in Russia itself but dispersed across the country but not well organised to overthrow the Police state that Putin has built up to such a high degree, they need help, it could come from the Army. Presumably if the west had assets in place they would have acted by now
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 3022 viewsDylanP

The only reasonable response is to EXPEL Scum from English football.Anything else would be unpatriotic!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:40 - Feb 26 with 2784 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:21 - Feb 26 by DylanP

The only reasonable response is to EXPEL Scum from English football.Anything else would be unpatriotic!

Brave decision by Poland to pull the plug on the Play off match against Russia.
Let's see Infantinos and Fifa's response to this .
Let's hope they grow a pair and come down on Poland's
Side .
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:00 - Feb 26 with 2640 viewsLanhoop

Sky just reporting Abramovich is putting control of CFC in the hands of a body that he no doubt influences.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:25 - Feb 26 with 2525 viewsCiderwithRsie

Getting dangerously political here, but Labour's Chris Bryant has called for Chelsea FC to be seized:
https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/25/roman-abramovich-and-alisher-usmanov-sent-vladimi

...while separately the Lib Dems' Ed Davey has called for seized Russian assets to be used to offset fuel bill rises.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ed-davey-government-vladimir-putin-ukraine

I feel I could support a policy of Lukaku being flogged off to the highest bidder to pay for my gas bill.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:15 - Feb 26 with 2379 viewsJamesB1979

Poland and Sweden both refuse to play Russia. FIFA say nothing. Surely, England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy cannot just stand by now.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:24 - Feb 26 with 2370 viewsDamo1962

The crook relinquishing control of the Scum according to R4.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:27 - Feb 26 with 2357 viewshamptonhillhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:24 - Feb 26 by Damo1962

The crook relinquishing control of the Scum according to R4.

No one seems to be sure at the moment what this actually means. We'll I'm not!
Except that it appears he's just put it in someone else's name
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 20:33]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:30 - Feb 26 with 2342 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:00 - Feb 26 by Lanhoop

Sky just reporting Abramovich is putting control of CFC in the hands of a body that he no doubt influences.

Very clever - the government can't steal money from a "charity"

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 2316 viewsJamesB1979

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:30 - Feb 26 by Sonofpugwash

Surely parliament can do what it wants?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 2322 viewsDamo1962

This fecker will never miss a trick to hold onto his I'll gotten gains. Doubt it will affect them much unfortunately 🧐
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 2303 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:33 - Feb 26 by JamesB1979

Surely parliament can do what it wants?

I suspect this government will not want to upset football fans as we have a populist government. I'm sure Chelsea's legal team would be going through all the options.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich (n/t) on 21:31 - Feb 26 with 2150 viewsjoe90

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 22:08]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:45 - Feb 26 with 2104 viewsRanger_Things

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:38 - Feb 26 by Sonofpugwash

I suspect this government will not want to upset football fans as we have a populist government. I'm sure Chelsea's legal team would be going through all the options.

This government won’t do anything to upset the residents of Londongrad. The Tory’s are funded by dodgy Russian money, as was Vote Leave, not to mention the millions tax dodger Reese Mogg earns washing all that dirty cash.
There is a reason Johnson refuses to release the Russia Report, they are up to their necks in it.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:15 - Feb 26 with 2023 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:38 - Feb 26 by Sonofpugwash

Other than Chelsea fans who would be upset? It might be a good move for a populist government.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:27 - Feb 26 with 1992 viewsted_hendrix

EU, US and allies agree to cut off a number of Russian banks from main international payment system Swift

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:30 - Feb 26 with 1982 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:27 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

EU, US and allies agree to cut off a number of Russian banks from main international payment system Swift

What are the alternatives to Swift?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:36 - Feb 26 with 1954 viewsted_hendrix

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:30 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Being honest I don't know, all I do know from doing a quick read about It a few days ago is this is a 'big' issue and one that will hit Russia very hard.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:42 - Feb 26 with 1921 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:36 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

Being honest I don't know, all I do know from doing a quick read about It a few days ago is this is a 'big' issue and one that will hit Russia very hard.

We're alway's honest aren't we Ted?

Sounds like they're all making it up as they go along and looking after their own interests.

It's VHS v Betamax all over again.

I hope we're on the VHS side obvs but then again Betamax was quite cool.

Who uses VHS now?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 22:45]

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:45 - Feb 26 with 1905 viewsGloryHunter

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:30 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Bitcoin, sadly. The Russians are already the prime movers in it. Putin has already priced-in the SWIFT sanction.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:53 - Feb 26 with 1869 viewsslmrstid

I wonder if all the CryptoBros foresaw their wonderous decentralised fiscal money making system being used as means of financing war.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024