Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games Off 11:41 - Sep 9 with 10035 viewsdna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62846756
Games Off on 18:43 - Sep 9 with 1352 viewsSTID2017

Games Off on 18:15 - Sep 9 by jack247

There’s a massive distinction between the Queen and the royal family as a collective. This is about the former not the latter.

I completely agree that the country will become more republic thinking and they will become less relevant now they have lost their figurehead. None of them will ever get anywhere near the public affection she did. It was happening anyway, I think it will accelerate exponentially now.

I agree with this.
I think she has been a very dignified figure while many in her family and beyond have damaged the image of the royals at home and abroad.
She had to be seen to be seen to be standing by them.
Only she knew how she felt inside.
And I am ambivalent to the royals

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Games Off on 19:00 - Sep 9 with 1306 viewsjack247

Games Off on 18:43 - Sep 9 by STID2017

I agree with this.
I think she has been a very dignified figure while many in her family and beyond have damaged the image of the royals at home and abroad.
She had to be seen to be seen to be standing by them.
Only she knew how she felt inside.
And I am ambivalent to the royals

That’s exactly where I’m at with it too.

This could well be the end for the royal family as they are now. She was peerless compared to the rest of them. I certainly can’t see Charles or William having anywhere near her global popularity or appeal.
Games Off on 19:27 - Sep 9 with 1265 viewsunion_jack

Games Off on 19:00 - Sep 9 by jack247

That’s exactly where I’m at with it too.

This could well be the end for the royal family as they are now. She was peerless compared to the rest of them. I certainly can’t see Charles or William having anywhere near her global popularity or appeal.

She gained that admiration and respect (justifiably) over 70 years. No other monarch is ever likely to reign that long ever again.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Games Off on 20:35 - Sep 9 with 1236 viewsBoundy

Games Off on 17:57 - Sep 9 by jasper_T

GSTK now.

Apologies force of habit , but same question

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Games Off on 20:50 - Sep 9 with 1213 viewsdobjack2

I appreciate and respect the views of those that value traditions but for me black armbands and a minutes silence before games should suffice.

However I can understand Football Associations being twitchy about silences etc.not being observed by a few and how that would look to the government, UEFA and other countries as incidents would be widely reported. So reluctantly I can accept an argument for the pyramid leagues games to be cancelled. As ever the potential actions of a few impacting on the many.

However I cannot understand why grassroots games should be cancelled as well.
Games Off on 21:28 - Sep 9 with 1181 viewstrampie

Games Off on 16:49 - Sep 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You can imagine what Celtic Park would have been like. But apart from these scummy clubs who seem to attract more than their fair share of scumbags I would like to think most fans would be respectful.

I thought Celtic have been voted and generally thought of as the best fans in the World.

I've been accused of goading people, I don't goad people but if I think something is wrong I will say so, sorry if I have upset you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Games Off on 21:48 - Sep 9 with 1141 viewstrampie

Now to cut to the chase, before anybody queries me saying about Celtic fans reputation.
Here is the evidence.
Now what is usual after I come up with evidence is abuse and that I think this and that that I haven't said ect.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/fifa-name-celtic-supporters-as-the-best-fans-i

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Games Off on 22:49 - Sep 9 with 1078 viewsBoundy

Games Off on 21:48 - Sep 9 by trampie

Now to cut to the chase, before anybody queries me saying about Celtic fans reputation.
Here is the evidence.
Now what is usual after I come up with evidence is abuse and that I think this and that that I haven't said ect.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/fifa-name-celtic-supporters-as-the-best-fans-i

5 years ago , or do they keep the award for life ?

Login to get fewer ads

Games Off on 22:53 - Sep 9 with 1076 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Games Off on 21:28 - Sep 9 by trampie

I thought Celtic have been voted and generally thought of as the best fans in the World.

I've been accused of goading people, I don't goad people but if I think something is wrong I will say so, sorry if I have upset you.

By Celtic fans maybe. Have you ever been to dalmarnock after a game? It makes Mariupol look like Kensington.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Games Off on 23:17 - Sep 9 with 1050 viewstrampie

Games Off on 22:53 - Sep 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

By Celtic fans maybe. Have you ever been to dalmarnock after a game? It makes Mariupol look like Kensington.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12424081.celtic-fans-are-named-by-fifa-as-th

In 2003 best in the World as well.

Games Off on 05:14 - Sep 10 with 1003 viewsjack247

Games Off on 23:17 - Sep 9 by trampie

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12424081.celtic-fans-are-named-by-fifa-as-th

In 2003 best in the World as well.

To simplify this, it’s not a question of their passion or their commitment. It’s how they’d react to a two minute silence for the figurehead of an institution they openly despise.
Games Off on 07:19 - Sep 10 with 973 viewstrampie

Games Off on 05:14 - Sep 10 by jack247

To simplify this, it’s not a question of their passion or their commitment. It’s how they’d react to a two minute silence for the figurehead of an institution they openly despise.

Where to begin with your post, the best is the best is the best, nobody said perfect and the event hasn't happened yet and you are generalising.

Games Off on 07:43 - Sep 10 with 951 viewsBoundy

Games Off on 07:19 - Sep 10 by trampie

Where to begin with your post, the best is the best is the best, nobody said perfect and the event hasn't happened yet and you are generalising.

Easy start for you , what categories are there which determine their bestness

Games Off on 07:53 - Sep 10 with 938 viewstrampie

Games Off on 07:43 - Sep 10 by Boundy

Easy start for you , what categories are there which determine their bestness

You better ask FIFA that as it seems like they have been honouring Celtic as having the best fans in the World multiple times.

Games Off on 08:26 - Sep 10 with 910 viewsraynor94

Games Off on 07:53 - Sep 10 by trampie

You better ask FIFA that as it seems like they have been honouring Celtic as having the best fans in the World multiple times.

The Green Brigade are disgusting, refuse to honour a minutes silence for the fallen, now daubing F*** the Queen on walls around Glasgow, no doubt there are decent Celtic fans.

But that lot are just vermin

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Games Off on 09:02 - Sep 10 with 860 viewsBoundy

Games Off on 07:53 - Sep 10 by trampie

Not bothered enough to care to be honest , perhaps you can on the behalf of those that do ?

Games Off on 09:06 - Sep 10 with 857 viewsjack247

Games Off on 07:19 - Sep 10 by trampie

You don’t know where to start because you’ve got nowhere to go with it.

This thread is about games being off this weekend and branched off into reasons the FA may have made that decision. Both Liverpool and Celtic fans have been put up as very good examples of why they may have been nervous about a two minute silence.

Your argument seems to be that they are extremely loyal and passionate fans. No one is disputing that, but could you explain how it’s relevant please?
Games Off on 09:07 - Sep 10 with 856 viewsfbreath

What’s the difference between people booing 2 minutes silence on Tuesday before the game and doing it today.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Games Off on 09:07 - Sep 10 with 856 viewstrampie

Games Off on 08:26 - Sep 10 by raynor94

The Green Brigade are disgusting, refuse to honour a minutes silence for the fallen, now daubing F*** the Queen on walls around Glasgow, no doubt there are decent Celtic fans.

But that lot are just vermin

The elites/powers that be effectively set the peoples army on a segment of society and that is what you get.

The elite used the army to enforce their corrupt, unfair and unlawful rules on a segment of society, eg lack of civil rights, lack of voting rights, jail without trial etc etc

Games Off on 09:28 - Sep 10 with 837 viewstrampie

Games Off on 09:06 - Sep 10 by jack247

This thread is about games being off this weekend and branched off into reasons the FA may have made that decision. Both Liverpool and Celtic fans have been put up as very good examples of why they may have been nervous about a two minute silence.

Your argument seems to be that they are extremely loyal and passionate fans. No one is disputing that, but could you explain how it’s relevant please?

The FA have no jurisdiction over Celtic the SFA do, just don't have a 2 minute silence if that is what they were worried about, although I have not seen that said as the reason for the postponements by the authorities.

Games Off on 09:36 - Sep 10 with 834 viewsjack247

Games Off on 09:07 - Sep 10 by fbreath

What’s the difference between people booing 2 minutes silence on Tuesday before the game and doing it today.

They’ve made their gesture. They’ve called this weekends fixtures off as a mark of respect. Rightly so in my opinion.

Unfortunately, you’re right, you’re not going to stop certain fans acting like that. Football can’t stay in limbo, one set of fixtures feels about right to me.

Hope footballs name doesn’t get dragged through the gutter by a tiny minority over the next week or so.
Games Off on 09:40 - Sep 10 with 831 viewsjack247

Games Off on 09:28 - Sep 10 by trampie

The FA have no jurisdiction over Celtic the SFA do, just don't have a 2 minute silence if that is what they were worried about, although I have not seen that said as the reason for the postponements by the authorities.

Liverpool was the example I used.

So you’re now suggesting football should have carried on as if nothing had happened? You were asking for two days off and an extra bank holiday on another thread.
Games Off on 09:51 - Sep 10 with 820 viewsonehunglow

Games Off on 09:06 - Sep 10 by jack247

Celtic the best fan in the world then
Just why are you living in Britain,a country you clearly hate.

Celtic -along with Rangers the very worst.

A time of celebration clearly but not the guts to admit so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Games Off on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 821 viewsjack247

Games Off on 09:51 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Celtic the best fan in the world then
Just why are you living in Britain,a country you clearly hate.

Celtic -along with Rangers the very worst.

A time of celebration clearly but not the guts to admit so.

Did you mean to quote trampie?
Games Off on 10:11 - Sep 10 with 792 viewsonehunglow

Games Off on 09:53 - Sep 10 by jack247

Did you mean to quote trampie?

No need for a question mark 247.
I was thinking actually how Liverpool fans would have reacted this weekend if matches had gone ahead.Would the Anthem have been played and would they have booed,as they would have at celtic .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024