Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher 16:43 - Oct 19 with 4001 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Really would like to see him get a look soon, especially considering his loan ends in January.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-michael

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 18:03 - Oct 19 with 3235 viewsmax936

Any chance of us signing him I wonder?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 18:11 - Oct 19 with 3219 viewsKeithHaynes

These younger players, like Fletcher if he signs permanently - All I see here is bucks for the club, not dissimilar to Iwan Morgan. And a few of the other goalscoring u21 and u18 players. This is the model.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 3138 viewsWhiterockin

I read it that he will soon get the opportunity to TRAIN with the first team squad. Several of the u21s already train with the first team squad but are nowhere near the match day squad.
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 3078 viewsDr_Winston

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:42 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

I read it that he will soon get the opportunity to TRAIN with the first team squad. Several of the u21s already train with the first team squad but are nowhere near the match day squad.

I think that's fairly standard at a lot of clubs. Some of the better players in the youth setup having the chance to train with the first team as a reward. Duff's comments in his presser suggest that he wants to use it more as a reward for good performance in games and training, which is fine by me.

Think the club do like the look of this lad though and he's going about things the right way. Ginelly's injury does create a vacancy for a pacy wide attacker and he might fit the description.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:14 - Oct 20 with 2874 viewsjackrmee

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 18:03 - Oct 19 by max936

Any chance of us signing him I wonder?

Reading Duffs words, it looks like that’s definitely on the cards, if the player shows his worth.
Duff said the boy wants to play in Europe and he’s going to be given a chance, as they want to get eyes on him 👍👍👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 2864 viewsKeithHaynes

As it stands the Swans are the Academy for every other team with money to come in and buy them.
This may sound cyclical but that’s how I see it.

Clubs must be thinking, Swansea are bringing through some good players let’s sit back and hit them with an academy fee at the right time and get a low fee agreed by a tribunal and save us a whole load of money.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:30 - Oct 20 with 2855 viewsjackrmee

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:19 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

As it stands the Swans are the Academy for every other team with money to come in and buy them.

Clubs must be thinking, Swansea are bringing through some good players let’s sit back and hit them with an academy fee at the right time and get a low fee agreed by a tribunal and save us a whole load of money.

How can we overcome that?
Get back up to Cat 1?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:57 - Oct 20 with 2836 viewsWhiterockin

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:19 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

A bit like Southampton used to be?
Login to get fewer ads

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 10:32 - Oct 20 with 2818 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:57 - Oct 20 by Whiterockin

A bit like Southampton used to be?

I would agree.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 12:47 - Oct 20 with 2736 viewsjasper_T

I'm not sure where this reputation would come from. We're not producing more players than any other academy at our level, and most receive pro contracts at the earliest opportunity. Iwan Morgan was the exception, and we poached him from Cardiff in the first place. Leeds, Wolves, Man Utd etc. have also set their sights on ransacking them of their best talents in the last few years.
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 13:18 - Oct 20 with 2713 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 12:47 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

I'm not sure where this reputation would come from. We're not producing more players than any other academy at our level, and most receive pro contracts at the earliest opportunity. Iwan Morgan was the exception, and we poached him from Cardiff in the first place. Leeds, Wolves, Man Utd etc. have also set their sights on ransacking them of their best talents in the last few years.

I’m not just referring to solely academy products, you could lump in Joel Piroe to that or loan players who have gone on to be a success not just academy players. If Piroe had seen out his contract at Swansea the club would have still recovered a hefty tribunal fee because of his age. Cardiff have no record whatsoever compared to the swans. Regan Poole ? Hardly. Indont doubt clubs have had a look at them, but all I see from them is let’s build a player up ( Colwill ) as an example. And where is he ? Still at Cardiff. In Fletchers case he is clearly fitting the Swansea model, develop and sell. At least the Swans can do that.

I always bow down to your knowledge in the academy area, it is far better than most. But we have a far more attractive record of developing players, be that on loan, purchased for small fees, or bought in like Fletcher. Iwan Morgan as you said, and I’m pretty certain there’s other talent in the age grade sides still not on pro contracts.

For me, if you go shopping at Swansea there’s always the chance of getting a player who has developed sufficiently to be a positive at another club. James, Roberts, Rodon, there’s others. I don’t see Cardiff doing that.

If we are to compare. This though is a far more wider issue.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 2657 viewsjasper_T

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 13:18 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

I’m not just referring to solely academy products, you could lump in Joel Piroe to that or loan players who have gone on to be a success not just academy players. If Piroe had seen out his contract at Swansea the club would have still recovered a hefty tribunal fee because of his age. Cardiff have no record whatsoever compared to the swans. Regan Poole ? Hardly. Indont doubt clubs have had a look at them, but all I see from them is let’s build a player up ( Colwill ) as an example. And where is he ? Still at Cardiff. In Fletchers case he is clearly fitting the Swansea model, develop and sell. At least the Swans can do that.

I always bow down to your knowledge in the academy area, it is far better than most. But we have a far more attractive record of developing players, be that on loan, purchased for small fees, or bought in like Fletcher. Iwan Morgan as you said, and I’m pretty certain there’s other talent in the age grade sides still not on pro contracts.

For me, if you go shopping at Swansea there’s always the chance of getting a player who has developed sufficiently to be a positive at another club. James, Roberts, Rodon, there’s others. I don’t see Cardiff doing that.

If we are to compare. This though is a far more wider issue.

Cardiff have an awful record at bringing players through to the first team but their academy has always been a target for raiding, far more than ourselves. We've brought in more players on tribunals than we've lost that way, and received inflated fees for many successes (McBurnie, James, Rodon). Before Iwan there was only Emyr Huws in 2009. Even before Cat 1 protections we were holding on to our best kids and getting them on pro terms with little issue.

Right now I don't think there is anyone of significant promise in the academy eligible for a pro deal but not on one. Most of the u18s signings arrived with pro deals guaranteed on their 17th birthday (which usually doesn't work out in our favour but it's an accepted cost if it helps gets one who does develop). Iwan was very much an exception both in profile and desire to see what his options could become. Brentford's academy is a lower grade than our own (afaik, they were Cat 4 a year ago) so the rules were in our favour, it was just best for everyone to sell. Lloyd, Cotterill, Watts, Lissah, Wilson, other Watts, Carey are all full pros. Jacob Cook turns 17 at the end of this month, that's the next one to look out for.

Given the large fees we've received for many products (in-house and bought-in) I don't see why we should be at all concerned. We held out on Piroe last summer, and Wood this. When we value a youngster we've bought in on the cheap and built up, we tend to hold out for good money. Doesn't always come but I can't imagine clubs will look at us as a soft touch. Very few leave and prove to be value for the money spent.
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 2630 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 14:52 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

Cardiff have an awful record at bringing players through to the first team but their academy has always been a target for raiding, far more than ourselves. We've brought in more players on tribunals than we've lost that way, and received inflated fees for many successes (McBurnie, James, Rodon). Before Iwan there was only Emyr Huws in 2009. Even before Cat 1 protections we were holding on to our best kids and getting them on pro terms with little issue.

Right now I don't think there is anyone of significant promise in the academy eligible for a pro deal but not on one. Most of the u18s signings arrived with pro deals guaranteed on their 17th birthday (which usually doesn't work out in our favour but it's an accepted cost if it helps gets one who does develop). Iwan was very much an exception both in profile and desire to see what his options could become. Brentford's academy is a lower grade than our own (afaik, they were Cat 4 a year ago) so the rules were in our favour, it was just best for everyone to sell. Lloyd, Cotterill, Watts, Lissah, Wilson, other Watts, Carey are all full pros. Jacob Cook turns 17 at the end of this month, that's the next one to look out for.

Given the large fees we've received for many products (in-house and bought-in) I don't see why we should be at all concerned. We held out on Piroe last summer, and Wood this. When we value a youngster we've bought in on the cheap and built up, we tend to hold out for good money. Doesn't always come but I can't imagine clubs will look at us as a soft touch. Very few leave and prove to be value for the money spent.

Cheers Jasper 👍I appreciate the time you have taken on this.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 2491 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is not the Swansea business model. They want to keep their players. Very few that were favoured by the club have walked away over the years.

They are shown care and given a route to the first team. Iwan Morgan was the exception not the rule.

Russ Martin has taken Swansea academy chief which does not go down well with me. He can bid for any player he wants but not get tipped off on 13 -15 year olds.

Fletcher does not seem tied up for the long term. DC owners would notionally perhaps get the lad to sign a long team deal with Swansea to ensure a better long term return. In order to be fair to DC associated with a sell on clause of 30% plus.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 16:43 - Nov 14 with 2097 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 20:34 - Oct 20 by ReslovenSwan1

This is not the Swansea business model. They want to keep their players. Very few that were favoured by the club have walked away over the years.

They are shown care and given a route to the first team. Iwan Morgan was the exception not the rule.

Russ Martin has taken Swansea academy chief which does not go down well with me. He can bid for any player he wants but not get tipped off on 13 -15 year olds.

Fletcher does not seem tied up for the long term. DC owners would notionally perhaps get the lad to sign a long team deal with Swansea to ensure a better long term return. In order to be fair to DC associated with a sell on clause of 30% plus.

Give this kid a chance! 10 goals now for the U21s.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tonights-swansea-city

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:14 - Nov 14 with 2047 viewsunion_jack

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 16:43 - Nov 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Give this kid a chance! 10 goals now for the U21s.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tonights-swansea-city

I’m surprised he hasn’t been on the bench as of yet. Players like this should get a chance especially as we are down to bare bones.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:31 - Nov 14 with 2021 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:14 - Nov 14 by union_jack

I’m surprised he hasn’t been on the bench as of yet. Players like this should get a chance especially as we are down to bare bones.

He will be training again with the first team off and on this next week or so.

His injury delayed a lot of opportunities.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:33 - Nov 14 with 2016 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:14 - Nov 14 by union_jack

Swansea's managers have let Goykeres and Whittaker slip through their fingers. One more would take the biscuit. I am a big fan of Wilson, Azeem, Smith and Lissah. I have seen only bits and pieces of Morgan but i think Wilson is better than him from what I have seen.

The u21 play the game in the Martin style. Open a free flowing. This means occasionally losing games they should have won if they were more cynical and phragmatic. Swansea only used one substitute. The coach needs to look at himself. Villa's 4 subs changed the game in their favour.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 18:14 - Nov 14 with 1980 viewsunion_jack

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:33 - Nov 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea's managers have let Goykeres and Whittaker slip through their fingers. One more would take the biscuit. I am a big fan of Wilson, Azeem, Smith and Lissah. I have seen only bits and pieces of Morgan but i think Wilson is better than him from what I have seen.

The u21 play the game in the Martin style. Open a free flowing. This means occasionally losing games they should have won if they were more cynical and phragmatic. Swansea only used one substitute. The coach needs to look at himself. Villa's 4 subs changed the game in their favour.

Yes, it’s something I thought of when questioning his lack of appearance at first team level but Keith may have answered that above.

I saw the lack of subs made as well (I wasn’t there) and I’d like to think there’s a plausible reason for it. No idea what that might be though.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 18:18 - Nov 14 with 1960 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 17:33 - Nov 14 by ReslovenSwan1

When it comes to Whittaker big wide fingers are required.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:43 - Nov 14 with 1883 viewsjasper_T

Kyrell Wilson was on the bench in the last game, he's scored just as many for the u21s this season and is a Swansea City player.
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:46 - Nov 14 with 1875 viewsunion_jack

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:43 - Nov 14 by jasper_T

Kyrell Wilson was on the bench in the last game, he's scored just as many for the u21s this season and is a Swansea City player.

Fair enough. I can’t pretend to know as much about this level as you and Resloven do.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 20:36 - Nov 14 with 1824 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 19:46 - Nov 14 by union_jack

Fair enough. I can’t pretend to know as much about this level as you and Resloven do.

Wilson is electric and very fast over distances. I maybe did not see Morgan at his best. He has a knack of being in the right place the right time. Smith is also electric. I have not seen Fletcher. They have what the first team do not have apart from Patino. Swansea have become boring predictable and ponderous.

These guys are exciting at u21 level. Whether they can be exciting at first team is a different matter. I watched the Northampton game and two big athletes Wood and Azeem combined beautifully both 6 ft + both fast and technical brushing the L2 battlers aside with ease. I hope Duff will play them in the FA cup. Bates ia also big unit and tidy on the ball. McFadyen has vanished.

Newport are down to bare bones. Josh Thomas and Cotterill should be playing every week.

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 01:26 - Nov 15 with 1727 viewshowenjack

The sooner we see some of the new blood the better - Sunderland don't hesitate trying out youngsters and they are not doing too badly are they ? If we don't test one or two we will never know .
Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 09:44 - Nov 15 with 1631 viewsunion_jack

Duff considering a first team opportunity for Kristian Fletcher on 01:26 - Nov 15 by howenjack

The sooner we see some of the new blood the better - Sunderland don't hesitate trying out youngsters and they are not doing too badly are they ? If we don't test one or two we will never know .

This is my belief also.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024