Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 17:50 - Feb 3 with 2677 viewsSwansIndependent

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 3rd Feb 2024 17:45
It wasn’t a bad game, but the Swans should have wrapped this up in the first half. The positive was Ronald, the negatives is sadly Jerry Yates who again missed an absolute sitter in the first half. He wasn’t totally to blame as the same happened in the second half for substitute Charlie a Patino. The other concern has to be the low turn out from the home fans. With lots of empty seats if there were 14,500 there I would be surprised. 0

Morgan the organ plays the right tune. Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 15:55 - Feb 4 with 670 viewsonehunglow

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:34 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

To be fair you weren't at the game.....lotsnof the team played dodgy passes .....but from my view from being there Naughton played well

I wasn’t.True.
That said, the fact we stroke the ball sideways all the time means what yiu see via stream is the same as being there only less painful to behold.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 15:57 - Feb 4 with 662 viewsonehunglow

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 09:08 - Feb 4 by RichardO

Every player makes mistakes which is why we are where we are, the trick is not to compound those mistakes with poor structure within the team which doesn't covers those mistakes sometimes we get away with things sometimes not.
Sometimes the mistakes are cause by the lack of movement giving no options to the player on the ball or players trying to force things to happen.
Naughton will not be the answer as there are plenty of wingers who will relish being up against him although Cabango was quickly across to help him successfully when it looked as if the winger was going to have a go at him, team work seeing the dangers and reacting to them, I thought Ronald was on top of everything that was happening around him we need players to learn off his example.

I wish they could all post as you do.
Aughton clearly has sentiment on his side
It shows exactly where we are having him as a starter
I can guarantee more approbrium if he stays a starter as he WILL cost us

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:07 - Feb 4 with 589 viewsvetchonian

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 15:57 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

I wish they could all post as you do.
Aughton clearly has sentiment on his side
It shows exactly where we are having him as a starter
I can guarantee more approbrium if he stays a starter as he WILL cost us

so given Key and Darling are injured, Ashby has been called as being gash who else starts as right back?
If Key or Darling are available Naughton wouldn't start I'm assuming Ashby is injured too as he.didnt even make the bench yesterday.
We all now Naughton is past his best he wouldn't be my choice as a starter but he can still give us something as we saw yesterday.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:13 - Feb 4 with 578 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:07 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

so given Key and Darling are injured, Ashby has been called as being gash who else starts as right back?
If Key or Darling are available Naughton wouldn't start I'm assuming Ashby is injured too as he.didnt even make the bench yesterday.
We all now Naughton is past his best he wouldn't be my choice as a starter but he can still give us something as we saw yesterday.

This is exactly right. He’s not our first choice and nor should he be.

When he comes in, he doesn’t let us down, whilst also not having the impact Key would.

The only people slating him after year are those with an agenda.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:15 - Feb 4 with 568 viewstheloneranger

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:13 - Feb 4 by jack247

When he comes in, he doesn’t let us down, whilst also not having the impact Key would.

We already had 5 loan players in the squad yesterday, so one of them would have to make way for Ashby - if he was fit.

EDIT ...

My mistake, I forgot that Placheta is not a loan player.
[Post edited 4 Feb 19:20]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:27 - Feb 4 with 546 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:15 - Feb 4 by theloneranger

We already had 5 loan players in the squad yesterday, so one of them would have to make way for Ashby - if he was fit.

EDIT ...

I thought he was? Under contract with Norwich until the end of the season? Or have they released him and he’s on a Bolasie type deal with us?
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:29 - Feb 4 with 539 viewsWhiterockin

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:27 - Feb 4 by jack247

I thought he was? Under contract with Norwich until the end of the season? Or have they released him and he’s on a Bolasie type deal with us?

We have taken up his contract until it runs out in the summer.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:03 - Feb 4 with 500 viewsDr_Winston

We all saw Cullen get chance after chance after chance through the middle alongside Piroe and do very little whilst Whittaker kicked his heels on the bench, getting the odd 5-10 minutes at the end of games, mostly out wide.

It's frankly barmy that even now there are people who insist that it's his own fault that he never got a fair crack of the whip here. Martin didn't rate him. Had no use whatsoever for him. Plymouth are benefiting massively from that decision. A decision that may well cost this club in excess of £10m.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:15 - Feb 4 with 483 viewsvetchonian

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:03 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

We all saw Cullen get chance after chance after chance through the middle alongside Piroe and do very little whilst Whittaker kicked his heels on the bench, getting the odd 5-10 minutes at the end of games, mostly out wide.

It's frankly barmy that even now there are people who insist that it's his own fault that he never got a fair crack of the whip here. Martin didn't rate him. Had no use whatsoever for him. Plymouth are benefiting massively from that decision. A decision that may well cost this club in excess of £10m.

and people say his attitude was wrong......no wonder when he was dropped after his hat trick and then was made to watch h Cullen..
The followers of the exalted one still go on about his attitude....yet when he could have made a meal of a clatter scoring yesterday....he didn't.
He could have been a key player for us this season he has scored more than Piroe in a struggling side and we are short on that front....and think of his sale value now... thsnk you Russ

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:24 - Feb 4 with 472 viewsjack247

I think most of us could have believed it was just a man management issue had he not demanded to leave weeks after Martin had gone to Southampton.

Cullen had one of the highest goals to minutes ratios in the championship last season.

I may have misjudged Whittaker though. I really didn’t like the way he conducted himself on the pitch after being recalled. Watching him yesterday, he wasn’t much different. Wood and Tymon were passing it round him like Xavi and Iniesta such was his lack of interest. But, he had a few flashes of brilliance and scored the only goal. That may just be the way he plays. He’s got enough goals this season to justify it.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:48 - Feb 4 with 446 viewsKeithHaynes

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:15 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

and people say his attitude was wrong......no wonder when he was dropped after his hat trick and then was made to watch h Cullen..
The followers of the exalted one still go on about his attitude....yet when he could have made a meal of a clatter scoring yesterday....he didn't.
He could have been a key player for us this season he has scored more than Piroe in a struggling side and we are short on that front....and think of his sale value now... thsnk you Russ

The bloke was an absolute prat.
I’m sure you wouldn’t be (again) supporting Whittaker if it was reported to you he was doing aw@nkers sign behind your back when you were talking.

But any stick eh ?

Probably best this topic leaves the forum, it’s been a constant since he left. It’s repetitive and boring. You can say things in anyway you like of course, but I know the truth. It’s a subject best left. Probably a book coming out this year will explain more.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:58 - Feb 4 with 420 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:15 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

That hat trick was effectively for our reserves against Plymouth reserves, while they were in league one, in the league cup. He wasn’t dropped, he wasn’t playing before it.

He was here after Martin left. If that was his only issue, there would be no reason to tell Duff he wanted to leave without waiting to see if he fitted into his plans.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:59 - Feb 4 with 420 viewstheloneranger

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:48 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

I’m sure you wouldn’t be (again) supporting Whittaker if it was reported to you he was doing aw@nkers sign behind your back when you were talking.

But any stick eh ?

Probably best this topic leaves the forum, it’s been a constant since he left. It’s repetitive and boring. You can say things in anyway you like of course, but I know the truth. It’s a subject best left. Probably a book coming out this year will explain more.

Well said Keith. 👍

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:16 - Feb 4 with 394 viewsangryjack

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:58 - Feb 4 by jack247

That hat trick was effectively for our reserves against Plymouth reserves, while they were in league one, in the league cup. He wasn’t dropped, he wasn’t playing before it.

He was here after Martin left. If that was his only issue, there would be no reason to tell Duff he wanted to leave without waiting to see if he fitted into his plans.

It wasn't plymouth reserves at all,and it was a plymouth team that went on and got promoted,the fella has talent and is a much better forward to anything ee got now..and was being constantly left out for cullen...he was treated badly then to bring him back from plymouth in Jan then not pick him in squads no wander he wanted out
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 375 viewsonehunglow

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:16 - Feb 4 by angryjack

It wasn't plymouth reserves at all,and it was a plymouth team that went on and got promoted,the fella has talent and is a much better forward to anything ee got now..and was being constantly left out for cullen...he was treated badly then to bring him back from plymouth in Jan then not pick him in squads no wander he wanted out

People feel bad about the way our club treated Whittaker and show it in different ways .
Disagreements should be aimed at players not fellow fans .
Some appalling bullying hate talk last evening from usual suspects .

People are worried.

We have passed away parachute payments, dumped decent players,destroyed young ones,brought back over the hill ones ,employed sick and perma injured ones and those who were very good .We have employed a list of diffident managers more concerned about themselves than the club.
The ,we have given ludicrous contracts to washed up players,the captaincy to a silent movie man .
Then people wander why fans are walking away
But we must be positive !

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:32 - Feb 4 with 366 viewsDr_Winston

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 20:48 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

But any stick eh ?

I'd be disappointed in Whittaker if he did the w(anker sign behind my back, but as I'd never dream for a split second of giving Cullen game time ahead of him it probably wouldn't happen.

If Whitts had the stones to do it to Martin's face, and Lord knows he'd earned it, I'd support him even more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:34 - Feb 4 with 355 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:16 - Feb 4 by angryjack

Yes it was. It was an early round league cup game. Virtually every team, including ourselves, plays fringe players.

Absolutely not doubting his talent.

Completely agree on not bringing him back. He wanted to finish the season at Plymouth, Martin didn’t want him back. He was forced back against both of their wishes. I was saying to let him finish the season there at the time, as were many others.

The fact he demanded to leave after we changed managers speaks for itself. Decision makers at the club have potentially cost us a lot of money, or even a play off push there.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:35 - Feb 4 with 352 viewsonehunglow

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:13 - Feb 4 by jack247

agenda!
There’s a certain irony there

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:42 - Feb 4 with 341 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:35 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

agenda!
There’s a certain irony there

In what way?
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:48 - Feb 4 with 321 viewsPlankton

Cullen is so Sunday league
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 21:49 - Feb 4 with 317 viewsmax936

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 19:15 - Feb 4 by theloneranger

EDIT ...

I think Sagoe jr is here on loan as well, Lowe and Ashby are both injured at moment though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 22:03 - Feb 4 with 291 viewsSTID2017

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 13:18 - Feb 4 by angryjack

And I would have way he was treated

It was the owners who forced him to return when he was doing well at Plymouth.
As has been said before, tried to force a bidding war between Rangers and Plymouth and failed.
That was the reason he sulked upon his return

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 22:07 - Feb 4 with 287 viewsjack247

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 22:03 - Feb 4 by STID2017

It was the owners who forced him to return when he was doing well at Plymouth.
As has been said before, tried to force a bidding war between Rangers and Plymouth and failed.
That was the reason he sulked upon his return

This is obvious surely?

I didn’t like his attitude, but I don’t blame him at all for being livid about that.
As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 22:21 - Feb 4 with 274 viewsSTID2017

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again on 22:07 - Feb 4 by jack247

This is obvious surely?

I didn’t like his attitude, but I don’t blame him at all for being livid about that.

Not according to some on here who totally blame Martin, who didn't want him back but had him forced upon him.
Your preaching to the converted on this one Jack

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024