Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread 07:38 - Mar 30 with 9118 viewsModeratorC

A big crowd for a big game.

The Officials
Allison is a fire fighter and former footballer with Swindon, Bristol City and Exeter who became just the second ever black referee in the top flight, following Uriah Rennie, when he joined the list last season. Further reading here and here. Allison joined the League One and Two list in 2020/21 starting off with 102 yellows and one red in 35 games, followed by 126 and seven in 31 games the year after. His first Championship games came in 2022/23 when he finished up with 119 yellows and four reds in 35 games and he’s part of a select group of younger officials being fast tracked through to try and freshen up the Premier League list with Luton’s 3-2 win at Sheff Utd and 4-3 loss at Bournemouth his first two games at that level. So far this season he’s on 102 yellows and one red in 27 games. Swansea lost 3-1 at Leeds and 1-0 at home to Plymouth in their two games with him so far this term. The Swans are 1-0-2 from three, while QPR are yet to have this official.

Swansea Independent Morning Brief : In depth on today’s big game 1st Apr 2024 08:00
Today’s game at home to Queens Park Rangers is actually between two of the better sides in form in the Championship. Both sides have performed above their seasonal average of late and recent form is a far better gauge than results in November as an example. 0

Swans v QPR 1979 : When the Swans ‘noisy boys’ made the match report 30th Mar 2024 15:43
We take a look at John Burgum’s (Eeeeeee Po !) report on the Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers game back on the 15th September 1979. Back in the days of proper football writing much missed. However, you always have the Indy. 0

Swans v QPR : Pre match interviews with Loft for Words : Indy v JA.net 31st Mar 2024 12:21
We had a chat with QPR site ‘Loft for Words’, a fansnetwork site. It gave us a chance to review what we had seen overall this season. It hasn’t been enjoyable a lot of the time, and the decision making pretty poor. There have though been some good signings, not all, but some plus money has been spent. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers ‘Ticket News’ 1st Apr 2024 13:40
The Indy dedicate today’s game to Marcus Howells, lead singer of Foreign Legion and avid QPR fan from Merthyr who died in June 2023. Marcus was one of those totally positive people who embraced life to the full. Those that knew him will know why. 0

Swans lack of determination loses the game at the Swansea.com 1st Apr 2024 19:27
Swansea City again displayed a lack of commitment to win a game of football in front a large crowd at the Swansea.com today. So much so the chances that were made, and there were a few were met with the same desire shown throughout this game. It wasn’t ill discipline but a lack of desire that lost this game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 08:55 - Apr 2 with 1005 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 00:12 - Apr 2 by angryjack

Squad not goid enough simple,everyone was saying sane about Martin,but he's doing well with a good squad..he can only work with what he's got..

check the Saints fans forums out they wouldn't agree about Martin even with "a better squad" he is doing the same as here late goals conceded many fans calling for his head.
Let's not forget the finish we had to last season achieved with the same squad Martin had had all season so it wasn't and isn't all down to players

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 09:05 - Apr 2 with 987 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 06:14 - Apr 2 by Whiterockin

The tactic of trying to play wide and put in crosses against a tall defence and keeper was not the brightest, especially when we had nobody in the box to head the ball. Playing Lowe in there might have given us a slightly better chance, at least he is not frightened of the ball.

They forced us into that by playing compact and narrow. We couldn’t play through them. They were well organised to be fair.

Maybe Lowe would have been central if Placheta was available? I don’t think he’d have got much change in the air out of those centre backs, but I agree he’s more of a physical threat than Yates or Cullen.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 09:21 - Apr 2 with 975 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 07:04 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

The squad was plenty good enough last season. the manager wasn't.

That manager is currently sitting fourth in the Championship with a Premier League squad so doesn't have much to brag about this year either.

That's a bit harsh. The three teams above them two have Premier League squads and Ipswich are a bit of an enigma this season. Add to that they have £140M trading surplus on players this season. I know you don't like Martin, but he is doing as well as can be expected at Southampton this season in my opinion. Top three or four is where they would expect to be.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 09:25 - Apr 2 with 973 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 09:05 - Apr 2 by jack247

They forced us into that by playing compact and narrow. We couldn’t play through them. They were well organised to be fair.

Maybe Lowe would have been central if Placheta was available? I don’t think he’d have got much change in the air out of those centre backs, but I agree he’s more of a physical threat than Yates or Cullen.

Possibly we should have played 4-4-2 with Cullen and Lowe up top.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:27 - Apr 2 with 970 viewsRichardO

50 crosses and yet not once did anybody get across the front defenders Key put some lovely cross in teasing positions in their box but our forwards spent all their time as the back post trying to conplete against the land of gaints defenders, for me I can see why Yates team got relegated he can't compete in the air, has no pace, has a poor first touch and not intelligent enough to move his defenders about by reading the game or is it more about playing as asked and sticking to it?
It is not all Yates fault, for instance both our full backs are being asked to play high which is closing the spaces for the winger with the opposition dropping into shape accordingly, we are now seeing Grimes dropping back again leaving those big gaps in the centre, we have to play the opposition tactics let the full backs hold deep with Grimes not needed in between the centrehalves so he can use the space in the middle. As has been mentioned about Darling and Wood holding onto the ball and driving forward into opposition's Cul de Sac both Key and Tymon have done the same condensing the area making it easier to defend, let the ball do the work to stretch the opposition we saw quick ball cause their defence problems even if our forwards could get across their defenders.
For me Williams got the substitutions wrong as limited as Cooper is he was winning a good number of tackles and not pulling out of them as we saw his replacements do, the position we are in we need to win those battles which some of the players are just not up for. We needed changes but change for change sake cost us.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:40 - Apr 2 with 939 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:27 - Apr 2 by RichardO

50 crosses and yet not once did anybody get across the front defenders Key put some lovely cross in teasing positions in their box but our forwards spent all their time as the back post trying to conplete against the land of gaints defenders, for me I can see why Yates team got relegated he can't compete in the air, has no pace, has a poor first touch and not intelligent enough to move his defenders about by reading the game or is it more about playing as asked and sticking to it?
It is not all Yates fault, for instance both our full backs are being asked to play high which is closing the spaces for the winger with the opposition dropping into shape accordingly, we are now seeing Grimes dropping back again leaving those big gaps in the centre, we have to play the opposition tactics let the full backs hold deep with Grimes not needed in between the centrehalves so he can use the space in the middle. As has been mentioned about Darling and Wood holding onto the ball and driving forward into opposition's Cul de Sac both Key and Tymon have done the same condensing the area making it easier to defend, let the ball do the work to stretch the opposition we saw quick ball cause their defence problems even if our forwards could get across their defenders.
For me Williams got the substitutions wrong as limited as Cooper is he was winning a good number of tackles and not pulling out of them as we saw his replacements do, the position we are in we need to win those battles which some of the players are just not up for. We needed changes but change for change sake cost us.

Some very valid points there Richard...as you say we delivered plenty of crosses but we were always beaten by the giants of QPR they were a much bigger and more physical side than us.
I was disappointed Williams didn't try a formation change not that I'm a lover of it but maybe bringing Cabango on going 3-5-2 with Tymon and Key pushing up and putting Lowe up top with Yates or even a 3-1-3-3Grimes playing in front fo the back 3 Tymon Cooper and Key in front with Lowe Yates and Ronald up top

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:41 - Apr 2 with 933 viewsonehunglow

Down to coaching , richard
Pure and simple
Ours is not the man to take us forward

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 914 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:40 - Apr 2 by vetchonian

Some very valid points there Richard...as you say we delivered plenty of crosses but we were always beaten by the giants of QPR they were a much bigger and more physical side than us.
I was disappointed Williams didn't try a formation change not that I'm a lover of it but maybe bringing Cabango on going 3-5-2 with Tymon and Key pushing up and putting Lowe up top with Yates or even a 3-1-3-3Grimes playing in front fo the back 3 Tymon Cooper and Key in front with Lowe Yates and Ronald up top

Not adapting formation/tactics when ours aren’t working or to counter the opposition is a big weakness. It makes us predictable.

Not even a Williams thing, we’ve had a fair few managers since the Rodgers/Laudrup days and the only two I can recall being good at it are Potter and Guidolin.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 10:09 - Apr 2 with 905 viewsunion_jack

Again, an insightful post on tactics only a few on here can deliver (me not being one of them).

And still somehow didn’t win POTY😂. I think you won the popular vote though👍

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 10:47 - Apr 2 with 880 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 09:41 - Apr 2 by onehunglow

Down to coaching , richard
Pure and simple
Ours is not the man to take us forward

Unfortunate to loose Allen when we did but seems to be a contact inury and not a pull or strain so hope he is available again quickly because we need his passion coupled with his skill.
As for the coaching element just too many changes expected Paterson to drop at least to the bench because of a groin strain picked during the latter stages of the Sheffield game, took Cooper too much time to settle into his role although just as he seem to get to start playing to his strengths he was taken off, Placeta was missed because I'm sure Lowe would serve the team better in the middle than Yates even Cullen would have served us better.
Really think Williams needs to think about how he is using his wide men, both wingers and full backs both Key and Tymon like to get forward but with the wingers staying out wide they block that the path down the wing if they come inside at times it will drag the opposition full backs in to leave space for the fullback to progress into or to play the ball into. If the full backs hold in defensive roles it would allow the midfield to press on tocontrol the midfield and keep us on the front foot.
The midfield battle always been a problem for us, a balance between being solid defensively and creative enough to push forward effectively in games, even during Steve Cooper's reign.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 11:17 - Apr 2 with 847 viewscontroversial_jack

Teams below us fighting hard to avoid relegation. I can't see where our next win is coming from
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:40 - Apr 2 with 722 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 10:47 - Apr 2 by RichardO

Unfortunate to loose Allen when we did but seems to be a contact inury and not a pull or strain so hope he is available again quickly because we need his passion coupled with his skill.
As for the coaching element just too many changes expected Paterson to drop at least to the bench because of a groin strain picked during the latter stages of the Sheffield game, took Cooper too much time to settle into his role although just as he seem to get to start playing to his strengths he was taken off, Placeta was missed because I'm sure Lowe would serve the team better in the middle than Yates even Cullen would have served us better.
Really think Williams needs to think about how he is using his wide men, both wingers and full backs both Key and Tymon like to get forward but with the wingers staying out wide they block that the path down the wing if they come inside at times it will drag the opposition full backs in to leave space for the fullback to progress into or to play the ball into. If the full backs hold in defensive roles it would allow the midfield to press on tocontrol the midfield and keep us on the front foot.
The midfield battle always been a problem for us, a balance between being solid defensively and creative enough to push forward effectively in games, even during Steve Cooper's reign.

Why was Placheta dropped? Is he injured or did he give LW a funny look in training much like Mykola maybe??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:56 - Apr 2 with 695 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:40 - Apr 2 by union_jack

Why was Placheta dropped? Is he injured or did he give LW a funny look in training much like Mykola maybe??

Sure it was mentioned he had picked up a knock in the team news updated issued before Mondays game if memory serves me right
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:59 - Apr 2 with 683 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:56 - Apr 2 by RichardO

Sure it was mentioned he had picked up a knock in the team news updated issued before Mondays game if memory serves me right

Subbed at halftime on Friday. Injured or another with issues.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 15:47 - Apr 2 with 587 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:59 - Apr 2 by Whiterockin

Subbed at halftime on Friday. Injured or another with issues.

Would have expected at least one of our wingers to have been given less game time on Friday to keep them fresh on Monday but looks as if injured. Definitely wouldn't have swapped him and Ronald around given no partnership formed with Key yet given Key's injury would have kept them together to get to know each others games.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 21:38 - Apr 2 with 438 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread on 13:40 - Apr 2 by union_jack

Myko must be pulling jibs at all the managers then. Three of them have snubbed him this year 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 08:41 - Apr 14 with 171 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:47 - Apr 1 by vetchonian

we are OK jack247 said so

There we go Vetch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024