Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrolul 12:19 - Aug 9 with 15047 viewssa3swan

Wikipedia states "Petrolul won their 2010—11 Liga II series, promoting, after 7 years, back to the Liga I after the relegation from 2004. They finished third at the end of the 2012—13 Liga I and won the Romanian Cup for the third time in their history. Thus earning a spot in the Second qualifying round of the 2013—14 UEFA Europa League. The club will play a European match after 18 years of pause."
Petrolul on 12:21 - Aug 9 with 14951 viewsJACKARSE

Bucharest - nice city
Petrolul on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 14849 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its not in Bucharest i dont think

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Petrolul on 12:26 - Aug 9 with 14769 viewssa3swan

Petrolul on 12:24 - Aug 9 by PozuelosSideys

Its not in Bucharest i dont think

An hour / 60km North of Bucharest
Petrolul on 12:38 - Aug 9 with 14557 viewsbrightonjack

Petrolul on 12:26 - Aug 9 by sa3swan

An hour / 60km North of Bucharest

With good road and rail links. Should be a great few days away.
Petrolul on 12:39 - Aug 9 with 14529 viewsEbo

They look pretty handy, here's a recent game against Vitesse which finished 1-1

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Petrolul on 15:26 - Aug 9 with 13941 viewsClinton

Petrolul on 12:39 - Aug 9 by Ebo

They look pretty handy, here's a recent game against Vitesse which finished 1-1

They look even handier in the second leg. Last kick of the game wins it after they go down to 10 men.

They have some goals on them. Number 7 looks a decent player going forward.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Petrolul on 19:57 - Aug 9 with 13539 viewsLaudrup

Petroleum are managed by Cosmin Contra, one of Michael Laudrup's former players at Getafe.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/mw-petrolul-ploiesti-981663.aspx

Wieghorst's view on Europa draw

PUBLISHED
16:49 9th August 2013

. . . Morten looks ahead to Play-Off test against Petrolul Ploiesti

Assistant Manager Morten Wieghorst admits the Swans are venturing into the unknown in the Europa League Play-Offs but underlined the club’s determination to reach the Group Stages of the tournament.

The Swans were today drawn alongside Romanian cup winners Petrolul Ploiesti after Michael Laudrup’s side saw off Swedish outfit Malmo in Sweden on Thursday night.

Petrolul came through a tough test with Swans striker Wilfried Bony’s former club Vitesse Arnhem, as they won the second leg 2-1 in Holland to take the tie overall 3-2.

The first leg will be held at the Liberty Stadium on Thursday, August 22 with the return leg at the 15-000-capacity Ilie Oana stadium in Ploiesti.

And while Wieghorst concedes the Swans have little information on their opponents at present, he insists they will be up to speed by the time the first leg arrives.

“I don’t know too much about this Romanian team, but I know Romanian football develops technically gifted players,” said Wieghorst. “I have played against Romanian national teams in the past and they were good sides.

“Petrolul are cup winners from last season, and we will have them watched and analysed so that we are ready for the games.

“We are at home first, and there are always pros and cons regarding playing at home in the first leg, but we will do everything we can to progress to the Group stages.”

Petrolul are managed by former Romanian international Cosmin Contra, who played under Laudrup while at Getafe in La Liga.

And Wieghorst is also very familiar with the defender, having played against him during his career.

“He used to play for the manager when they were in Spain at Getafe,” Wieghorst recalled. “He was a steady, reliable player who was in the team that reached the quarter-finals of the Uefa Cup with Getafe.

“It’s interesting that the managers know each other quite well, but both will be doing everything they can to ensure their sides progress.”
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 19:58]

I hate signatures

Petrolul on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 13437 viewshobo

Hell of a Scottish accent on Wieghorst! :D
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 20:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Petrolul on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 13375 viewsepaul

Innit!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Petrolul on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 13301 viewsSenhin

that how you pronounce it?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 21:40]

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Petrolul on 23:11 - Aug 9 with 13164 viewsDeluxe

Petrolul on 15:26 - Aug 9 by Clinton

They look even handier in the second leg. Last kick of the game wins it after they go down to 10 men.

They have some goals on them. Number 7 looks a decent player going forward.

Hi all. I know Petrolul quite well. I honestly think Petrolul was one of the 5-6 better unseeded teams. Their victory against Vitesse was not casual, as they're a hard rival to beat. They have lost very few games in the last 5 months, probably not more than a couple. If any of you think this is an amateur team from a dark country that don't know how to link two passes, well take that off of your heads. They have competitive players that know how to do their job very well, and they are probably the best team in Romania just after Steaua Bucharest.
Having said that, Swansea are obviously favourites, especially because they are used to play against very hard opponents week after week and they have more quality players.

Their standard line-up would be something like this:

Peçanha, the keeper, is quite reliable. The right back Alcenat is very good, but he'll miss the 1st leg because he was sent off against Vitesse. Important absence in my opinion. Guilherme on the left isn't so good, but he likes to attack and generally doesn't make stupid mistakes. The centre backs are solid, but they can suffer against good strikers.
In midfield we find Hoban and the Spanish De Lucas. Both are creative and quite good with the ball. De Lucas has a good left foot and Hoban is difficult to dispossess. Hoban runs and works a lot, but sometimes it's not enough to help properly the defence.
Right wing for Boudjemaa, who was brilliant yesterday against Vitesse. He's quick and skillful. The left wing is for Grozav, the number 7, who can be considered the star of the team. He's quite talented and has very good conditions, but he tends to dissappear during the games. He can decide the games in a glint though. Usual player in Romanian national team.
In attack they'll play probably with Hamza, a clever and complete forward, and Dore, a newcomer who's impressing in the few games he has played in the team. He came to replace the goalscorer of past season, Bokila.
Petrolul got several of these players from unknown teams in France, Spain or Portugal, but they have formed a good team with them. There are other alternatives, like playing with the technical offensive midfielder Teixeira or the hardworking midfielder Mustivar, but that depends on what the coach Contra thinks it's the best for the team.

Petrolul is a decent team that can create problems if Swansea don't take them seriously. In their home game their fans will produce an awesome atmosphere.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 23:11]
Petrolul on 00:33 - Aug 10 with 13047 viewsTheSwanseaWay

http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2013/08/swansea-to-face-petrolul-ploiesti-of.html

Includes videos of a Petrolul fan punching a rival team's player, the Petrolul 'keeper biting an opponent and the opposition leaving the field during a match against Petrolul after what they feel is harsh treatment from the referee.

Romanian football is...interesting...
Petrolul on 09:05 - Aug 10 with 12836 viewsPetrolulPLOIESTI

Petrolul on 23:11 - Aug 9 by Deluxe

Hi all. I know Petrolul quite well. I honestly think Petrolul was one of the 5-6 better unseeded teams. Their victory against Vitesse was not casual, as they're a hard rival to beat. They have lost very few games in the last 5 months, probably not more than a couple. If any of you think this is an amateur team from a dark country that don't know how to link two passes, well take that off of your heads. They have competitive players that know how to do their job very well, and they are probably the best team in Romania just after Steaua Bucharest.
Having said that, Swansea are obviously favourites, especially because they are used to play against very hard opponents week after week and they have more quality players.

Their standard line-up would be something like this:

Peçanha, the keeper, is quite reliable. The right back Alcenat is very good, but he'll miss the 1st leg because he was sent off against Vitesse. Important absence in my opinion. Guilherme on the left isn't so good, but he likes to attack and generally doesn't make stupid mistakes. The centre backs are solid, but they can suffer against good strikers.
In midfield we find Hoban and the Spanish De Lucas. Both are creative and quite good with the ball. De Lucas has a good left foot and Hoban is difficult to dispossess. Hoban runs and works a lot, but sometimes it's not enough to help properly the defence.
Right wing for Boudjemaa, who was brilliant yesterday against Vitesse. He's quick and skillful. The left wing is for Grozav, the number 7, who can be considered the star of the team. He's quite talented and has very good conditions, but he tends to dissappear during the games. He can decide the games in a glint though. Usual player in Romanian national team.
In attack they'll play probably with Hamza, a clever and complete forward, and Dore, a newcomer who's impressing in the few games he has played in the team. He came to replace the goalscorer of past season, Bokila.
Petrolul got several of these players from unknown teams in France, Spain or Portugal, but they have formed a good team with them. There are other alternatives, like playing with the technical offensive midfielder Teixeira or the hardworking midfielder Mustivar, but that depends on what the coach Contra thinks it's the best for the team.

Petrolul is a decent team that can create problems if Swansea don't take them seriously. In their home game their fans will produce an awesome atmosphere.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 23:11]

We also may be using Priso instead of Boudjemaa. Priso is a new player, he only played a match for us, but it was a good performance, he's hard working and has some good dribbling skills, his value is very close to Boudjemaa's, but we have only seen him once so we can't fully judge him yet.
Petrolul on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 12791 viewsSgorioFruit

Petrolul were also Wrexham's last opposition in europe.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Petrolul on 12:22 - Aug 10 with 12653 viewsFCPfan

Petrolul beat Liverpool with 2-0 in 1966!
Petrolul on 12:26 - Aug 10 with 12640 viewsNeath_Jack

Petrolul on 12:22 - Aug 10 by FCPfan

We beat them 3-1 last year. Your point?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Petrolul on 13:42 - Aug 10 with 12548 viewsFCPfan

Petrolul on 12:26 - Aug 10 by Neath_Jack

We beat them 3-1 last year. Your point?

Someone said about the game with Wrexam and I mentioned the other encounter with a British team!
Petrolul on 19:40 - Aug 10 with 12435 viewsPetrolulPLOIESTI

3-1, actually. A Liverpool player hitted the post, then we scored, and at halftime it was 1-0. Liverpool made it 1-1 in the second half, then, in the 59th minute, Boc made it 2-1 and, in the 65th minute, one of our biggest legends, Mircea Dridea, scored from a free kick, for 3-1. That was the biggest victory in the history of our team. Here are the highlights :D What about you, what was Swansea's most important victory?
Petrolul on 14:30 - Aug 11 with 12256 viewsDeluxe

Petrolul is the only Romanian team that beat Liverpool in European cups. Other teams like Steaua, Dinamo and Rapid never won in their games.
Petrolul on 14:34 - Aug 11 with 12250 viewsDeluxe

Petrolul on 09:05 - Aug 10 by PetrolulPLOIESTI

We also may be using Priso instead of Boudjemaa. Priso is a new player, he only played a match for us, but it was a good performance, he's hard working and has some good dribbling skills, his value is very close to Boudjemaa's, but we have only seen him once so we can't fully judge him yet.

You're right but after Boudjemaa's performance against Vitesse it's hard to think he'll be reserve against Swansea. He was superb in Arnhem!

Probably Priso will play in domestic league, and Boudjemaa will be used in these European games.
Petrolul on 14:52 - Aug 11 with 12230 viewsJackbustard

Petrolul on 14:34 - Aug 11 by Deluxe

You're right but after Boudjemaa's performance against Vitesse it's hard to think he'll be reserve against Swansea. He was superb in Arnhem!

Probably Priso will play in domestic league, and Boudjemaa will be used in these European games.

Deluxe what sort of welcome will we get from the locals. Had a few people warn me from going there, can't see why as nothing on Internet points out any sort of hooligan problems.
Petrolul on 17:21 - Aug 11 with 12136 viewscentrestandswan

Was J J playing ?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Petrolul on 17:27 - Aug 11 with 12123 viewsPetrolulPLOIESTI

Petrolul on 14:52 - Aug 11 by Jackbustard

Deluxe what sort of welcome will we get from the locals. Had a few people warn me from going there, can't see why as nothing on Internet points out any sort of hooligan problems.

Last hooligan incident was in the 2011-2012 season, against sTeaua, on "Ilie Oana", one of our boys jumped on the pitch and hitted a sTeaua player (George Galamaz, who, one year after that incident transfered to Petrolul) Oh, and a little fight last season against sTeaua "supporters", an organized group of sTeaua wanna-be ultra attacked some independent supporters, but we don't usually start fights, you can ask the Vitesse supporters about us, we had a great time together before both matches! Cheers!
Petrolul on 18:01 - Aug 11 with 12093 viewsUxbridge

Anyway, watched most of their game earlier away at Otelul Galati.

Can't say I was overly impressed. Spent most of the game with 11 behind the ball, chopped anyone down within 30 yards of goal, looked worried anytime the opposition ran at them and looked very susceptible to midfield runners. During the few times the home team managed to string a few passes together they made Petrolul look very pedestrian.

In the plus column, they're a fair sized team and their first goal came from a bundled set-piece. Their tactics were pretty clear ... sit deep and hit on the break and it's something we will need to be wary of especially if they navigate the start of the game without conceding. A couple of their players looked alright ... the #20 on the right side was a threat in the 2nd half and Hamza looked quite skilful.

If that game is a fair representation, then to be frank Malmo looked a better outfit. Whether the Vitesse game took most out of them I don't know but on that showing we really should have more than enough to put the game to bed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024