Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League Table. Are we safe? 22:41 - Oct 24 with 1621 viewsLord_Bony

2013 First Round - Group A
CLUB P W D L GD PTS
Swansea 3 2 1 0 4 7
Valencia 3 2 0 1 3 6
St Gallen 3 1 0 2 -3 3
Kuban Krasno 3 0 1 2 -4 1

Valencia back on form and a tough one I think at Kuban.

Do you think we ll look pretty safe with one more win or will we blow it last minute?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:46 - Oct 24 with 1594 viewsraynor94

Safe from what? beat Valencia at home we'll qualify, where's this blowing it coming from?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:49 - Oct 24 with 1573 viewsGlyn1

A win away to St Gallen and we "should" be safe on 10 points, probably safely in 2nd place.

But we really now want to finish first to avoid the big boys in the knock-out stages, and another 1 or 2 points on top of that win should guarantee that.

It sounded like an entertaining match, by the way.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:51 - Oct 24 with 1558 viewsraynor94

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:49 - Oct 24 by Glyn1

A win away to St Gallen and we "should" be safe on 10 points, probably safely in 2nd place.

But we really now want to finish first to avoid the big boys in the knock-out stages, and another 1 or 2 points on top of that win should guarantee that.

Finishing first makes no difference in the Europa league

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:52 - Oct 24 with 1549 viewsJackbustard

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:49 - Oct 24 by Glyn1

It was awful.
Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:53 - Oct 24 with 1535 viewsC_jack

We conceded our first goal tonight, and it was a 93rd minute penalty.

It is a bit misleading as we've only played 1 away game so far, but we've got more than enough to get out of this group.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 1490 viewsDarran

Great thread,L

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 1486 viewsGlyn1

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:51 - Oct 24 by raynor94

Finishing first makes no difference in the Europa league

"Finishing first makes no difference in the Europa league "

That's not so. Finishing first means that (a) we are seeded with the Champions League dropouts, and can only play teams who finished 2nd in their Europa League tables; and (b) we get to play the 2nd knock-out match at home.

Also Valencia and St G might still be able to finish on 12 points, even if we do beat Valencia as you suggested, and we would then finish on 10 points.

But I agree that there's no need to panic. We'd all have been delighted with where we are at the start of the matches.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 1485 views_Kieran

Not safe yet after conceding that goal.

Hopefully Valencia will beat St Gallen next round, a point away to Kuban would be a decent result then.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Login to get fewer ads

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:58 - Oct 24 with 1478 viewsDarran

Great thread Lord Baloney.
FFS like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 23:01 - Oct 24 with 1442 viewsBaker

Hopefully the yanks will pile in and sort us out.

Go Team America!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 23:26 - Oct 24 with 1343 viewsLord_Bony

Ah feck it....

Only a thought....

[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 23:38]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 23:53 - Oct 24 with 1266 viewsScoobyWho

Not sure what the term ' safe ' means ? Safe from ? What ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 08:02 - Oct 25 with 1166 viewsJackFish

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 22:57 - Oct 24 by _Kieran

Not safe yet after conceding that goal.

Hopefully Valencia will beat St Gallen next round, a point away to Kuban would be a decent result then.

Yeah, Valencia winning in St. Gallen would be perfect for us. Need to make sure we don't lose in Kuban though as they would only be three points behind us then (and with the HTH advantage).
Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 08:20 - Oct 25 with 1140 viewsnumbers123

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 08:02 - Oct 25 by JackFish

Yeah, Valencia winning in St. Gallen would be perfect for us. Need to make sure we don't lose in Kuban though as they would only be three points behind us then (and with the HTH advantage).

We have two tough away games to come, but i think kuban and st gallen will try to get wins against us which could go to our advantage as it will create more space for us to play our game.

I think we will go through, unfortunatley I think we might come second now.
Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 11:00 - Oct 25 with 1059 viewsLord_Bony

My only worry is St Gallen.

If we had won last night we would only have needed another point more or less to assure qualification.shame we blew it,sorry to be pessimistic but it s really going to go against us at Kuban in December ,long flight,time difference etc,hostile crowd....it s going to be a real tough one I think.loosing could peg us back a bit.

Valencia this time round will be more than a handful.

So the only team of concern to us really is St Gallen. Mind you going by they're 5-1 thrashing last night they don t look like they re likely to start a strong comeback any day soon.but you never know.....if they get their act together and we go shite what could happen.
Ah Mr. Tremmel ....

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 14:20 - Oct 25 with 934 viewsJonTheJack

Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 11:00 - Oct 25 by Lord_Bony

My only worry is St Gallen.

If we had won last night we would only have needed another point more or less to assure qualification.shame we blew it,sorry to be pessimistic but it s really going to go against us at Kuban in December ,long flight,time difference etc,hostile crowd....it s going to be a real tough one I think.loosing could peg us back a bit.

Valencia this time round will be more than a handful.

So the only team of concern to us really is St Gallen. Mind you going by they're 5-1 thrashing last night they don t look like they re likely to start a strong comeback any day soon.but you never know.....if they get their act together and we go shite what could happen.
Ah Mr. Tremmel ....

That's my feeling.

That cockup last night has put more pressure on us than people think. Maybe not effecting our qualification, but the extra physical and mental pressure it will add to get over the line may have its effect.
Europa League Table. Are we safe? on 15:35 - Oct 25 with 876 viewsBryncochInn

We're in trouble now I think, we did not play particularly well against Fallenand Kuban at home so it will be that much harder away, by no means guaranteed results there. Play like we did last night against Valencia and they'll tear us to shreds. We need to play our strongest side now, we'll be o.k in the league anyway so lets give the Europa a real go I say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024