Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey 23:29 - Oct 24 with 7225 viewsbluenile

I liked the way he played tonight, he was one of the few finding accurate long range passes...............but, how many times is he going to cost us a goal before he wakes up and listens.............about 20 seconds or less to go on the clock at 1 - 0....that is not when you decide to try to beat 3 or 4 defenders and lose the ball.....one pass to one of our own players would have seen it out........does my head in really, as he had a reputation for this at 'pool and doesn't seem to pay attention and learn a lesson........

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Jonjo Shelvey on 01:15 - Oct 25 with 1387 viewsymaohyd

Jonjo Shelvey on 00:56 - Oct 25 by JackTheLad

Albert Serran? I assume you have a rather wicked sense of humour. I am not trying to be confrontational here but I cannot remember a time he gave the ball away tonight. He is terrific in the air, very quick for a lad his size, to say he has composure would be an understatement - for me he is so cool on the ball and classy...Intelligent. I cannot believe we paid £6m less than Cardiff did for Caulker.

I honestly thought Al Serran would make it at the Swans. Maybe I'm showing him favouritism as he and his family stood in front of me at the Charlton away game, back in the Championship! I thought Al would make it as a top class centre half, but obviously not.

Amat did well tonight, gave the ball away in the first few minutes which could have led to a goal and in my opinion prone to making mistakes, but hey ho.. he looks a real prospect.

Amat is what the Swans do very, very well. Bony...?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Jonjo Shelvey on 02:12 - Oct 25 with 1357 viewsAdmire

It doesn't matter that he makes good things from time to time when he is an accident waiting to happen.....He has stolen away two victories at least this season.
Jonjo Shelvey on 03:53 - Oct 25 with 1322 viewsBryncochInn

He played reasonably well tonight but his two major contributions were missing a sitter and giving the ball away at the end which lead to us conceding the penalty. His howlers outweigh his good points, that's why Liverpool got rid.
Jonjo Shelvey on 07:26 - Oct 25 with 1268 viewsTrundle10

He is a liability. Too many unforced errors and brain farts. His hollywood passes rarely come off and he is not a team player. Flukey goal agaisnt Liverpool aside, he has done very little for us.
Jonjo Shelvey on 07:54 - Oct 25 with 1241 viewsJackFish

Can't agree that he played well last night, lost count of the amount of times he played an aimless through ball over the top to nobody in particular that went out for a goal kick, and trying to take on half their team in the last minute leaving huge gaps in behind him - WHY!? Should have buried the one decent chance we created in the first half too.

Also really frustrated by Pozuelo. He's clearly talented, but seems to think he's got space to dribble past five players every time he gets the ball.
Jonjo Shelvey on 07:58 - Oct 25 with 1237 viewswr72

I'm sorry i thought he was awful and he's not improving from his Liverpool form, now under Laudrup.His shooting is awful and dont start me on his cross field balls.He is still young though but he needs to start to show his potential before he's consigned to the scrap heap.

I hate saying all that because im a fan of his when he's on form but he isn't showing it at all atm.
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:07 - Oct 25 with 1227 viewsDr_Winston

Jonjo Shelvey on 07:58 - Oct 25 by wr72

I'm sorry i thought he was awful and he's not improving from his Liverpool form, now under Laudrup.His shooting is awful and dont start me on his cross field balls.He is still young though but he needs to start to show his potential before he's consigned to the scrap heap.

I hate saying all that because im a fan of his when he's on form but he isn't showing it at all atm.

Now if I'D said that...

Thought there were far worse than him on the pitch last night. As others have said, losing the ball was bad, but there were plenty of people they had to get through long before they had the pen.

The only criticism I can aim at him is the one I aimed at all our attacking players. The complete lack of dynamism on show. Shelvey's one of the players we need to be making stuff happen, and he didn't. Nor did any of the others.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:12 - Oct 25 with 1217 viewswr72

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:07 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Now if I'D said that...

Thought there were far worse than him on the pitch last night. As others have said, losing the ball was bad, but there were plenty of people they had to get through long before they had the pen.

The only criticism I can aim at him is the one I aimed at all our attacking players. The complete lack of dynamism on show. Shelvey's one of the players we need to be making stuff happen, and he didn't. Nor did any of the others.

I'd rather JDG in there and i never thought i'd say that.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:17 - Oct 25 with 1207 viewsDr_Winston

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:12 - Oct 25 by wr72

I'd rather JDG in there and i never thought i'd say that.

JdG and Britton both played on Saturday and the first half performance was just as bad. To be brutally honest I think Laudrup himself needs to take a little look at the way he's asking them to play.

I know we generally go narrow because the fullbacks provide the overlap, but when that's not happening we need to be flexible enough to change things around. An end to his habit of playing people out of position would be nice too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:23 - Oct 25 with 1198 views3swan

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:17 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

JdG and Britton both played on Saturday and the first half performance was just as bad. To be brutally honest I think Laudrup himself needs to take a little look at the way he's asking them to play.

I know we generally go narrow because the fullbacks provide the overlap, but when that's not happening we need to be flexible enough to change things around. An end to his habit of playing people out of position would be nice too.

We do tend to play 'how many players we can get on a postage stamp', our play only really takes off when we play with more width. Each player that ML has brought in has shown something about them (In periods) but more often than not haven't fitted into the team as needed.
Is this down to the change ML is asking? even though we are specifically targeting new players to play our system
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:24 - Oct 25 with 1195 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Jonjo Shelvey on 23:41 - Oct 24 by QuakerJack

The man's a liability. And an absolute idiot to think that the correct decision was to try and dance his way thru to get the second.

I actually thought he was generally crap tonight anyway, he's too slow and those low percentage passes rarely come off and for the most part didn't tonight and just gave them back the ball. If tonight taught us anything it's that the holding midfield headache Laudrup once had has been relieved, we don't have the same balance without Leon.

With the ball shelvey gives us something different, he open up opponents around their goal area, and his long range pass,s are something that are other players dont have. But without the ball the bloke looks like a passenger, does not tackle, track back and just looks tired. The jury is still out for me on this bloke.
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:30 - Oct 25 with 1181 viewsDr_Winston

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:23 - Oct 25 by 3swan

We do tend to play 'how many players we can get on a postage stamp', our play only really takes off when we play with more width. Each player that ML has brought in has shown something about them (In periods) but more often than not haven't fitted into the team as needed.
Is this down to the change ML is asking? even though we are specifically targeting new players to play our system

Maybe they're just not doing what he's telling them to do, but the amount of times players just cut inside and cut inside again then it must be down to orders.

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:32 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewswr72

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:17 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

I just wrote on another thread about our FB's and wingers being a problem at the moment.We need them all fit to keep shape.

Our midfield is a lottey at the moment.One day its Britts for Mayor the next he's had a mare.Same with JDG and Shelvey and certainly Pozuelu.WTF is Laudrup doing with this lad?
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:33 - Oct 25 with 1179 viewswr72

He's a playmaker.That's usually all they contribute.
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:37 - Oct 25 with 1169 viewsDr_Winston

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:32 - Oct 25 by wr72

I just wrote on another thread about our FB's and wingers being a problem at the moment.We need them all fit to keep shape.

Our midfield is a lottey at the moment.One day its Britts for Mayor the next he's had a mare.Same with JDG and Shelvey and certainly Pozuelu.WTF is Laudrup doing with this lad?

Good point about the chopping and changing in midfield. Last season (mobile Michu aside) we were pretty consistent there weren't we?

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:38 - Oct 25 with 1135 views3swan

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:30 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Maybe they're just not doing what he's telling them to do, but the amount of times players just cut inside and cut inside again then it must be down to orders.

Let's hope the answer comes soon.

We've gone from a team that are comfortable on the ball to rushing most things.

Support play making space and backing up a player making a tackle/block seems to be missing
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:45 - Oct 25 with 1126 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 23:59 - Oct 24 by WarwickHunt

Aye - we must stop giving goals away on the edge of the opposition's box...

The goal highlighted a problem we have - that being our reaction to the transition between the time we lose the ball and the opponents breaking. We are awful at times, that ball last night had to travel 65 yards.

It was a stupid mistake by JJS, but you can see that he's missing the development time he would have had by staying at Charlton and playing regularly. He's still a kid so people need to lay off him a bit IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:46 - Oct 25 with 1118 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:30 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Yeah, just before Dyer was subbed he went on a run and she should have driven into the space at full tilt. Instead he got there and slowed down

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:50 - Oct 25 with 1107 views3swan

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:45 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

The goal highlighted a problem we have - that being our reaction to the transition between the time we lose the ball and the opponents breaking. We are awful at times, that ball last night had to travel 65 yards.

It was a stupid mistake by JJS, but you can see that he's missing the development time he would have had by staying at Charlton and playing regularly. He's still a kid so people need to lay off him a bit IMO

Partly agree with the development statement, but he must be getting close to playing 150 games in his career. Still young but some basics are still missing
Jonjo Shelvey on 08:54 - Oct 25 with 1095 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:50 - Oct 25 by 3swan

Partly agree with the development statement, but he must be getting close to playing 150 games in his career. Still young but some basics are still missing

He spent the best part of 2 years not playing/sub appearances at Diverpool, at a time where he needed to be playing each week.

He needs to drop his Roy of the Rovers act, and just keep it simple. It's a mental issue with him, clear as day IMO

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 1089 views3swan

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:54 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

He spent the best part of 2 years not playing/sub appearances at Diverpool, at a time where he needed to be playing each week.

He needs to drop his Roy of the Rovers act, and just keep it simple. It's a mental issue with him, clear as day IMO

Agree with you and that is the biggest question mark over him
Can he develop or join a long list of players that have shown potential but only achieved a 'good' career away from the top league
Jonjo Shelvey on 09:08 - Oct 25 with 1064 viewsmonmouth

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:45 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

I'd rather see him make a mistake by at least trying to do something different and running at players (although that was the wrong time to do it obviously). Fact is, we should easily have defended that when it broke down. We were just sleeping and thought it was over. I'm still worried Shelvey will never learn his lesson though. A lot of his 'passes' are still just plainly ridiculous for a full time professional. The sort of thing you see on a sunday up Penlan.

I hope someone can get some discipline into him, or he will become increasingly marginalised by ML imo. De Guz is certainly the man in possession at the moment.

Edit - oh and he should be fined heavily every time he shoots over the bar. Talk about not improving your weaknesses.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 9:13]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:33 - Oct 25 with 1036 viewsUxbridge

It was gross stupidity from Shelvey. Utterly stupid and utterly unprofessional. Inexcusable. To lose possession like that with 20 seconds to go wouldn't happen at U10 level.

I don't have the time or the inclination to comment on the rest of that half arsed shower.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:40 - Oct 25 with 1030 viewsMagic_Michu

Shelvey was atrocious last night... I think he probably gave the ball away more often than he retained possession.

I hate the fact that every time he receives it you can tell his first instinct is to look up to see who he can smash an overhit pass to and lose possession. He does my friggin nut in.

Having Britton and De Guzman in the centre last night i'd be fairly confident we'd have won that by at least 3.

Frusbloodytrating!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 1027 viewsLeonisGod

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:24 - Oct 25 by blaenaugwentjack

With the ball shelvey gives us something different, he open up opponents around their goal area, and his long range pass,s are something that are other players dont have. But without the ball the bloke looks like a passenger, does not tackle, track back and just looks tired. The jury is still out for me on this bloke.

Personally, I'd rather see him slot in behind Michu where he can do more damage with his creativity. He does have a directness and quickness of thought/vision that we generally lack, and that's a big plus. Leon, JDG, Canas are all better in the holding role imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024