Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey 23:29 - Oct 24 with 7224 viewsbluenile

I liked the way he played tonight, he was one of the few finding accurate long range passes...............but, how many times is he going to cost us a goal before he wakes up and listens.............about 20 seconds or less to go on the clock at 1 - 0....that is not when you decide to try to beat 3 or 4 defenders and lose the ball.....one pass to one of our own players would have seen it out........does my head in really, as he had a reputation for this at 'pool and doesn't seem to pay attention and learn a lesson........

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:44 - Oct 25 with 1337 viewsperchrockjack

Like Ki who s been basically found out as being gash, this fella was a big (for us) buy.
He s young and headstrong and need s a very very firm manager to make him get to grips with himself.
He s got talent but his head goes at the wrong time and its a concern

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:48 - Oct 25 with 1330 viewsSwanfan1

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:40 - Oct 25 by Magic_Michu

Shelvey was atrocious last night... I think he probably gave the ball away more often than he retained possession.

I hate the fact that every time he receives it you can tell his first instinct is to look up to see who he can smash an overhit pass to and lose possession. He does my friggin nut in.

Having Britton and De Guzman in the centre last night i'd be fairly confident we'd have won that by at least 3.

Frusbloodytrating!

To be fair to Jonjo, I think he was told to hoof the ball up to Bony,
why ? because in 2nd half he only made half hoof balls then first half, after Bony was subbed.

And whenever Jonjo tries to take a free kick, I always bet with myself, that he won't score.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 9:48]

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 1301 viewsbluenile

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:48 - Oct 25 by Swanfan1

To be fair to Jonjo, I think he was told to hoof the ball up to Bony,
why ? because in 2nd half he only made half hoof balls then first half, after Bony was subbed.

And whenever Jonjo tries to take a free kick, I always bet with myself, that he won't score.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 9:48]

"because in 2nd half he only made half hoof balls then first half, after Bony was subbed".......................................wtf??????????????

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Jonjo Shelvey on 11:00 - Oct 25 with 1261 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:33 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

It was gross stupidity from Shelvey. Utterly stupid and utterly unprofessional. Inexcusable. To lose possession like that with 20 seconds to go wouldn't happen at U10 level.

I don't have the time or the inclination to comment on the rest of that half arsed shower.

Yeah, but despite his utter stupidity we have to do better in the transitions. Our inability to get compact and react is worse than U10's and a bigger problem for me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jonjo Shelvey on 11:02 - Oct 25 with 1255 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 11:00 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

Yeah, but despite his utter stupidity we have to do better in the transitions. Our inability to get compact and react is worse than U10's and a bigger problem for me

Agree we have to do better in that and many other aspects. I'm just struggling to understand the mentality of someone who decides to go on the attack like that with no more than a few seconds on the clock.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jonjo Shelvey (n/t) on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 1241 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Jonjo Shelvey on 09:41 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

Personally, I'd rather see him slot in behind Michu where he can do more damage with his creativity. He does have a directness and quickness of thought/vision that we generally lack, and that's a big plus. Leon, JDG, Canas are all better in the holding role imo.

Jonjo Shelvey on 11:10 - Oct 25 with 1236 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 11:02 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Agree we have to do better in that and many other aspects. I'm just struggling to understand the mentality of someone who decides to go on the attack like that with no more than a few seconds on the clock.

He needs some serious psychological work. He wants to carry the team and evidently models himself on his idol Steven Gerrard, despite not being as good as him.

Also, he needs to perhaps heed the words of Taggart (Fergie), as I may be in the minority that think that his hero lacks tactical discipline also.

Jonjo Shelvey on 12:40 - Oct 25 with 1175 viewsNeath_Jack

JJS had an ok game last night i thought, played some very decent balls, and hit a few misplaced ones as well. Tackled back well too. He would be in my starting 11, alongside Leon though. To blame him for the equalizer is somewhat daft. He was almost on the edge of the opponents box ffs.

We were shapeless last night, one of our poorest performances for a long while. People were raving about our win against the Mackems last week, the scoreline masked what was a poor performance again. I said it after the Mackems game that we are not running at the LB and RB, and we are not attacking the box in numbers, i cannot see these being orders from ML to be honest. I may be wrong of course.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey on 13:19 - Oct 25 with 1134 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 12:40 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

JJS had an ok game last night i thought, played some very decent balls, and hit a few misplaced ones as well. Tackled back well too. He would be in my starting 11, alongside Leon though. To blame him for the equalizer is somewhat daft. He was almost on the edge of the opponents box ffs.

We were shapeless last night, one of our poorest performances for a long while. People were raving about our win against the Mackems last week, the scoreline masked what was a poor performance again. I said it after the Mackems game that we are not running at the LB and RB, and we are not attacking the box in numbers, i cannot see these being orders from ML to be honest. I may be wrong of course.

Yes on the edge of the opposition box. Not near the corner flag. Not looking to pass to a teammate to kill the game. Running at them. It was daft and needless.

The first choice midfield for the forseeable future has to be Leon and JdG for me. Canas has dropped way off form and so has JJS.

Jonjo Shelvey on 13:53 - Oct 25 with 1118 viewswhiterock

For me JJS has to start again, learn the Swansea Way, we are not a throw back to the 80's when every one marveled over Glenn Hoddle hitting a ball 50 yards, far more accurate than JJS. Times have changed.

I much prefer to see Leon masterfully stroke it a few yards for a quick dart by JdG, out to Rangel, to Nath and in for Michu to score, that's football, one touch at speed.
Jonjo Shelvey on 14:12 - Oct 25 with 1108 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 13:19 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Yes on the edge of the opposition box. Not near the corner flag. Not looking to pass to a teammate to kill the game. Running at them. It was daft and needless.

The first choice midfield for the forseeable future has to be Leon and JdG for me. Canas has dropped way off form and so has JJS.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but is Canas all that people have been making him out to be? Leon is on another planet to him IMO

Jonjo Shelvey on 14:17 - Oct 25 with 1096 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 14:12 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but is Canas all that people have been making him out to be? Leon is on another planet to him IMO

Started really well IMO but the last two games he's given the ball away more than Leon did for the entire last two seasons.

Think a number of the influx of players are hitting the wall right about now, the increasingly improving Amat aside.

Jonjo Shelvey on 14:20 - Oct 25 with 1091 viewswaynekerr55

Jonjo Shelvey on 14:17 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Started really well IMO but the last two games he's given the ball away more than Leon did for the entire last two seasons.

Think a number of the influx of players are hitting the wall right about now, the increasingly improving Amat aside.

I think he's tidy on the ball, but defensively he's awful. "caught in two minds" springs to mind when I critique his positioning

Jonjo Shelvey on 14:54 - Oct 25 with 1055 viewsUxbridge

Ah I dunno. Don't think Leon's positioning has been as up to scratch lately in comparison to previously either. Not sure how much of all this is down to Laudrup and the tactical changes he's trying to bring in.

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:04 - Oct 25 with 1012 viewsNeath_Jack

Jonjo Shelvey on 13:19 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Seriously? So if he had lost it near to the flag, and they still went on to score, that would be acceptable, is the corner flag some sort of magical safe haven where a ball can't be lost and the speed of the clock increases? There is nothing to say if he did pass to a teammate that the same wouldn't have happened, ridiculous notion. To single JJS out for that goal is ludicrous.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:26 - Oct 25 with 1004 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:04 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

Seriously? So if he had lost it near to the flag, and they still went on to score, that would be acceptable, is the corner flag some sort of magical safe haven where a ball can't be lost and the speed of the clock increases? There is nothing to say if he did pass to a teammate that the same wouldn't have happened, ridiculous notion. To single JJS out for that goal is ludicrous.

You wouldn't take half as much umbrage if I wasn't talking about the Future Swans Great

There were 20 seconds to go. What do you do .... try and take on a defender and take the risk of being dispossessed and let them have one last attack, or run the clock down.

It was a stupid thing to do, Laudrup has also said it wasn't the cleverest thing to do, and hopefully he'll learn from it.

I'm not singling out FSGJJS for the defeat anyway. It was an abysmal performance from all involved yesterday. However to say he's not a major cause for us conceding that goal is plain wrong.

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:37 - Oct 25 with 990 viewsNeath_Jack

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:26 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

You wouldn't take half as much umbrage if I wasn't talking about the Future Swans Great

There were 20 seconds to go. What do you do .... try and take on a defender and take the risk of being dispossessed and let them have one last attack, or run the clock down.

It was a stupid thing to do, Laudrup has also said it wasn't the cleverest thing to do, and hopefully he'll learn from it.

I'm not singling out FSGJJS for the defeat anyway. It was an abysmal performance from all involved yesterday. However to say he's not a major cause for us conceding that goal is plain wrong.

Of course he made the wrong decision, not disputing that, but this thread is making out like it was his fault. He lost the ball on the edge of the opposition box, he had already beaten 2 players, another one and he would have had a crack at goal (probably would have missed), most players would have done the same in his position. He was not a major cause, he was a contributory factor alright though. If he had done it on the edge of our box then i'd agree with you. Hopefully he will have learned a lesson from ML over it, and he can get back to being a FSG

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:40 - Oct 25 with 984 viewsperchrockjack

FACT IS we were hanging on after not taking them seriously enough even after Laudrup s warnings.
Either the players are ignoring him or they re deaf or just thick.

He was always going to be shuite coming from diverpool but he feckedup agaianst the aforementioned and last night fecked it again

However at least he does pass more than 5 yds

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:44 - Oct 25 with 978 viewsmumblespat

Personally thought he was poor tonight but was even more dissapointed with his attitude. We have a real problem when the time comes for Leon Britton to retire as we look a very very average team without him in it.

For 5.5 million he looks very expensive.

I hope I'm wrong but he is doing nothing to disprove my initial thoughts at the minute.
Jonjo Shelvey on 16:45 - Oct 25 with 976 viewsperchrockjack

Britton leaving to be a real problem when time comes

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:54 - Oct 25 with 972 views2face

He might have lost focus. On Twitter he's talking about some business venture he just started.
Jonjo Shelvey on 16:55 - Oct 25 with 972 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:37 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

Of course he made the wrong decision, not disputing that, but this thread is making out like it was his fault. He lost the ball on the edge of the opposition box, he had already beaten 2 players, another one and he would have had a crack at goal (probably would have missed), most players would have done the same in his position. He was not a major cause, he was a contributory factor alright though. If he had done it on the edge of our box then i'd agree with you. Hopefully he will have learned a lesson from ML over it, and he can get back to being a FSG

Most wouldn't have though. They really wouldn't. And of course he was a major cause of us conceding the goal ... I would argue the main reason, but there's blame to share around.

The boy's got no concept of how to manage a football game. Reminds me so much of the kid you used to play football with as a kid ... all the talent, all the tricks but not a clue what to do with it all. I hope it comes for him, I really do.

Pozuelo's not that much different as it goes. That pass back into the D caused me to have my head in my hands for a good 5 minutes!

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 962 viewsMagic_Michu

Jonjo Shelvey on 08:24 - Oct 25 by blaenaugwentjack

With the ball shelvey gives us something different, he open up opponents around their goal area, and his long range pass,s are something that are other players dont have. But without the ball the bloke looks like a passenger, does not tackle, track back and just looks tired. The jury is still out for me on this bloke.

'and his long range pass,s are something that are other players dont have'....

What the ability to smash the ball aimlessly back to the opposition. I could go on the field and do that!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:24 - Oct 25 with 956 viewsNeath_Jack

Jonjo Shelvey on 16:55 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Most wouldn't have though. They really wouldn't. And of course he was a major cause of us conceding the goal ... I would argue the main reason, but there's blame to share around.

The boy's got no concept of how to manage a football game. Reminds me so much of the kid you used to play football with as a kid ... all the talent, all the tricks but not a clue what to do with it all. I hope it comes for him, I really do.

Pozuelo's not that much different as it goes. That pass back into the D caused me to have my head in my hands for a good 5 minutes!

Of course they would, there are very few players who, when presented with a shooting opportunity, to seal the game, after beating a couple of players will pass instead. My last word on it, can't be arsed to be involved in a Dimi type exchange over opinions.

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:37 - Oct 25 with 942 viewsjackonicko

Jonjo Shelvey on 12:40 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

Agree with the second paragraph 100%. We were shapeless and the balance of the side was all wrong. Square pegs in round holes largely.

I also wonder whether fatigue is the problem. Not physical, but mental. In the last few games, we have seen a lot of misplaced passes, unnecessary errors, poor decision making and general sloppiness. To play the game at the high tempo we are used to needs sharpness of mind as well as good technical skills.

I do wonder whether we are now seeing the impact of Europa?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024