Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey 23:29 - Oct 24 with 7226 viewsbluenile

I liked the way he played tonight, he was one of the few finding accurate long range passes...............but, how many times is he going to cost us a goal before he wakes up and listens.............about 20 seconds or less to go on the clock at 1 - 0....that is not when you decide to try to beat 3 or 4 defenders and lose the ball.....one pass to one of our own players would have seen it out........does my head in really, as he had a reputation for this at 'pool and doesn't seem to pay attention and learn a lesson........

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:49 - Oct 25 with 1141 viewsdameedna

I see our main men as Britton, Canas and De Guzman in midfield. These three are not faultless but they are reliable and move the ball effectively.

ML picking Michu, Shelvey and Bony is playing an attacking option. Put Shelvey alongside and 2 of the 3 from Leon, Danas and De Guzman and we should see a better side to his game. Shelvey still needs a platform behind and in front.
Jonjo Shelvey on 18:34 - Oct 25 with 1103 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:37 - Oct 25 by jackonicko

Agree with the second paragraph 100%. We were shapeless and the balance of the side was all wrong. Square pegs in round holes largely.

I also wonder whether fatigue is the problem. Not physical, but mental. In the last few games, we have seen a lot of misplaced passes, unnecessary errors, poor decision making and general sloppiness. To play the game at the high tempo we are used to needs sharpness of mind as well as good technical skills.

I do wonder whether we are now seeing the impact of Europa?

Aye, thinking much the same thing. Defo seem to have hit a wall.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jonjo Shelvey on 18:51 - Oct 25 with 1086 viewsmawdlamjack

stick him back with the development squad for a month and get him to learn the swansea way there.
he spends most of his time looking up for a hollywood ball (while being dispossessed by the opposition), loosing control of the football or failing to track back quick enough, has a complete lack of composure (as per the pathetic attempt from10 yards last night) i really can't find anything to enthuse about his performances so far.
yes he's young, but he has experience and the worst of his faults is his continual repetition of the same poor unprofessional mistakes

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Jonjo Shelvey on 19:17 - Oct 25 with 1065 viewsMolliemick

Jonjo Shelvey on 18:51 - Oct 25 by mawdlamjack

stick him back with the development squad for a month and get him to learn the swansea way there.
he spends most of his time looking up for a hollywood ball (while being dispossessed by the opposition), loosing control of the football or failing to track back quick enough, has a complete lack of composure (as per the pathetic attempt from10 yards last night) i really can't find anything to enthuse about his performances so far.
yes he's young, but he has experience and the worst of his faults is his continual repetition of the same poor unprofessional mistakes

JJS is an idiot. There is no other word to explain his absolute failure to understand that with only 30 seconds left to play one tries to keep the ball.
The team that was once proud of its possession play gave away possession in the last few seconds of a very important game. It is unbelievable.
ML needs to take him aside and instil some discipline into his play. Shelvey is young but apparently lacking in football awareness. He has to be told he is not the star but simply one member of a team. So far he has been a huge disappointment.
Jonjo Shelvey on 20:03 - Oct 25 with 1043 viewswr72

Just keep playing him,he cost us 6m.He might come good yet.There's clearly a talented footballer in there somewhere,just a footballer who's making the wrong decisions.Maybe that's just inexperience but he's 21 now and playing in a damn good side who he is integral to.

Either that or sell him to Sunderland for 5m in January.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 20:05]
Jonjo Shelvey on 20:13 - Oct 25 with 1025 viewsmarchamjack

The more he plays for us, the less sure I am about him. He definitely gives us something we haven't got, but then spoils it all by giving the ball away. Kind of one step forward one step back. Worth persevering with, but needs to somehow cut out the really silly mistakes. Got to say, you can see why Brendan got rid of him. Not up to the standard they aspire to be, but I just hope he can make it at our slightly lower level. Willing him to cut it, as I am Bony.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Jonjo Shelvey on 20:17 - Oct 25 with 1021 viewswr72

Jonjo Shelvey on 20:13 - Oct 25 by marchamjack

The more he plays for us, the less sure I am about him. He definitely gives us something we haven't got, but then spoils it all by giving the ball away. Kind of one step forward one step back. Worth persevering with, but needs to somehow cut out the really silly mistakes. Got to say, you can see why Brendan got rid of him. Not up to the standard they aspire to be, but I just hope he can make it at our slightly lower level. Willing him to cut it, as I am Bony.

Aye he's a strange player.I thought we might bring the best out in him but he does seem a tad below top 6 quality,even top half.As everyone keeps saying though,tediously now btw,maybe in time he'll come good.
Jonjo Shelvey on 20:58 - Oct 25 with 1001 viewsyescomeon

Jonjo Shelvey on 23:52 - Oct 24 by Liam12345

hes a really good player who created 2 cracking chances you have players like tiendali, lamah, canas and bony who all either played useless or had no impact to the game.

best players tonight,

Michu
JJS
Pozuelo
Dyer
Rangel
Tremmel

Thought Pozuelo was poor

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey on 21:03 - Oct 25 with 994 viewsJackInLondon

Jonjo Shelvey on 17:37 - Oct 25 by jackonicko

Agree with the second paragraph 100%. We were shapeless and the balance of the side was all wrong. Square pegs in round holes largely.

I also wonder whether fatigue is the problem. Not physical, but mental. In the last few games, we have seen a lot of misplaced passes, unnecessary errors, poor decision making and general sloppiness. To play the game at the high tempo we are used to needs sharpness of mind as well as good technical skills.

I do wonder whether we are now seeing the impact of Europa?

Well, some of that sounds like the latter part of last season and there was no Europa excuse then so not sure how much to blame it on that.
Jonjo Shelvey on 21:19 - Oct 25 with 976 viewscontroversial_jack

Jonjo Shelvey on 07:54 - Oct 25 by JackFish

Can't agree that he played well last night, lost count of the amount of times he played an aimless through ball over the top to nobody in particular that went out for a goal kick, and trying to take on half their team in the last minute leaving huge gaps in behind him - WHY!? Should have buried the one decent chance we created in the first half too.

Also really frustrated by Pozuelo. He's clearly talented, but seems to think he's got space to dribble past five players every time he gets the ball.

Not sure what this love in with Pozuelo is all about
Jonjo Shelvey on 22:49 - Oct 25 with 943 viewsploppy

I've seen enough this season to conclude that we're not as fluid when JJS plays. He looks clumsy - sometimes it takes him 3 or 4 touches just to get the damn ball under control. More worrying is that he doesn't seem to be adapting his game to our style. And I don't see what his long balls do for us, even when they come off. All they seem to achieve is to isolate the player receiving the pass. I can't recall one long ball of his that's lead to anything significant. Personally, I think he needs to spend a while on the bench and earn his place in the team. Unfortunately, with the extra games this season we need to rotate so he will play regardless. Otherwise it would be Leon and JdG for me every time.
Jonjo Shelvey on 10:30 - Oct 26 with 854 viewsquiff

Part of the problem with Pozuelo for me is that he clearly doesn't like playing out wide, he cuts in - losing our width, doesn't cover back leaving the full back exposed, and gets in Michu's way.

In terms of JJS, there is a very good player there, however let's just hope that the bad tackles and tunnel vision are things that can be coached out of him rather than a lack of football intelligence. I work with both a Charlton and Liverpool fan who are willing him to come good, but both feel that despite repeated attempts he didn't seem to adapt or learn.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024