Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road for Laudrup 12:02 - Dec 27 with 8696 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It feels churlish to say so but the more I watch us play the more I'm beginning to think Laudrup has taken us as far as he can. There are too many tactics and football deficiencies which are in obvious need of addressing which are going unnoticed or unchecked.

Why are we insisting on playing so narrow and threading the ball through the eye of a needle when we 2 very good good wingers in Routlege and Hernandez who have proved last season they can take a man on and beat him?

Why are we insisting they tuck inside to an already congested midfield and try playing messi esque through balls which they simply don't have the ability to pull off?

Why has our work rate and pressing off the ball dropped so dramatically from the last few seasons?An integral part of how we play our passing game successfully depends on this high intensity desire to win the ball back.

Why has the simple triangles of passing we perfected so well disappeared from our game? Why has our movement off the ball disappeared?

Why is the first pass any player looks to make is back in the direction whence it came? Why have our players lost the ability to take a touch, turn and look for a forward pass?

Why do we insist on bringing every man back to defend a corner leaving no outlet for a punt up field when clearing our lines under pressure?

Why do our players think it's acceptable to play possession football in our own half in the dying minutes of a game when losing and not press forward?

Why does Ashley Williams suddenly think he's Franz Beckenbaur and dawdle on the ball for an age letting opposition players close him down before playing a lazy pass sideways?

Why is Shelvey the only player who is able to pass forward? Why are we suddenly relying on everything attacking wise to come through a 21 year old lad who is far from the finished article himself?

Why have we spent £12m on Bony who looks like he's got bags of potential to not only play him but then when we do give him zero service?

Why is it acceptable to treat paying fans like mugs and not offer a single shot on goal in games and show more desire not to lose than to win?

For me only Laudrup can be held responsible, either the players aren't willing to play for him any longer or he's gone off the boil and distracted by his move away in the summer. Since we won the cup we've not been consistent or showed the same level of desire to succeed. I fear come January things will decidedly worse again and laudrups time could have run out.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:05 - Dec 27 with 5442 viewsJackanapes

When was it ever any different under Laudrup?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:09 - Dec 27 with 5402 viewsOldjack

There's a lot of Why's there, just think, if we could afford Chelsea's team we'd have beaten them , it could be a lot worse and just enjoy the experience mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:10 - Dec 27 with 5394 viewsdeanscfc

Agree with a lot of your points unfortunately...but I don't think it's the end of the road for Laudrup. I think he's well aware of where we've been falling short recently - but injuries to key players and the amount of games haven't helped.

Some things need to change...(possession football in the dying seconds, putting ourselves under too much pressure at the back, lack of threat from corners) but all in all we are still a decent enough team with good players.

We need to get that arrogance back. Not so long ago, the big sides were fearful of playing us. I used to look on their fan message boards before a game and it was always a case of 'Swansea are a very strong team, we'll do well to beat them'. Chelsea, Man city, Arsenal etc expected to turn up and beat us, and they did.

If Laudrup has a fault then it has to be his ability to motivate us against the big teams. Last season he seemed to be able to do it - he talked up our chances in the cup which we went on to win , but this season he seems to want to lower expectations more than anything. He said from the start that we were playing for 9th at most and even if that's just reality, it can't be very inspiring for good players to hear.
End of the road for Laudrup on 12:11 - Dec 27 with 5386 viewsJackanapes

Why do people think that we've suddenly just started playing like this when there are 1000 threads from last September(2012) saying exactly the same thing?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 5374 viewsDarran

I think the OP should take a long hard look at his avatar and I'm seriously not trying to be clever.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 5360 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:12 - Dec 27 by Darran

I think the OP should take a long hard look at his avatar and I'm seriously not trying to be clever.

21 goals last season, 2 this.

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:20 - Dec 27 with 5313 viewsdeanscfc

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:11 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

Why do people think that we've suddenly just started playing like this when there are 1000 threads from last September(2012) saying exactly the same thing?

In September 2012 we hadn't gone over a year without consecutive PL wins. For a team that dominates possession like we do that is not good at all.
End of the road for Laudrup on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 5306 viewsBrynmill_Jack

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:13 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

Hey, do you think that is in any way connected with our perceived hurtle towards the relegation places?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:39 - Dec 27 with 5189 viewsmatt_the_jack

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:13 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

6 this season and 22 last season
[Post edited 27 Dec 2013 12:42]

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:45 - Dec 27 with 5134 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:21 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Hey, do you think that is in any way connected with our perceived hurtle towards the relegation places?

No it has to be something else, a deeper sign of malaise. Nothing to do with our matchwinner losing form then fitness.
You'd think someone would have mentioned this many times already this season.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2013 12:52]

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:51 - Dec 27 with 5082 viewsParlay

You make some excellent points.

The two main ones im getting a tad irritated by is the lack of width and lack of pressing. Especially the latter. It was one of our main weapons, but as others have rightly said - this stopped as soon as Laudrup took over.

Doesnt mean i dont prefer that way of playing though.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

End of the road for Laudrup on 15:40 - Dec 27 with 4728 viewsNOTRAC

Laudrup knew that we needed to spend and increase our squad to improve on last year and to meet our European commitments.There was a massive stand off with Jenkins during the close season and it was a rushed job in the end to bring in the additional players.Even then our overall spend was,for example,only half of what Cardiff spent.
We are in an extremely tough league with success in Europe to deal with as well, Laudrup has performed superbly well.
If we are to progress , the Board must be far more organised and ambitious than it has been up to now.
We must press ahead with Stadium development.We have the smallest ground in the League.We must aim to increase capacity to 30,000 at least to compete with all but the largest clubs.
Also we must be ready for all eventualities in the summer.No will he stay or won't he like in past seasons.No more the chairmans on holiday and unavailable as in past years.We should be first into the transfer market, not last in.If the manager is going that must be determined before the season ends.
Laudrup has done wonders at this club.Huw and the Board need to pull their socks up.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:08 - Dec 27 with 4612 viewscontroversial_jack

End of the road for Laudrup on 15:40 - Dec 27 by NOTRAC

Laudrup knew that we needed to spend and increase our squad to improve on last year and to meet our European commitments.There was a massive stand off with Jenkins during the close season and it was a rushed job in the end to bring in the additional players.Even then our overall spend was,for example,only half of what Cardiff spent.
We are in an extremely tough league with success in Europe to deal with as well, Laudrup has performed superbly well.
If we are to progress , the Board must be far more organised and ambitious than it has been up to now.
We must press ahead with Stadium development.We have the smallest ground in the League.We must aim to increase capacity to 30,000 at least to compete with all but the largest clubs.
Also we must be ready for all eventualities in the summer.No will he stay or won't he like in past seasons.No more the chairmans on holiday and unavailable as in past years.We should be first into the transfer market, not last in.If the manager is going that must be determined before the season ends.
Laudrup has done wonders at this club.Huw and the Board need to pull their socks up.

We have spent. 12 million on Bony for example. Laudrup declared the squad complete and that he was happy with it. It's his team and he stands or falls by his results just like any manager does
End of the road for Laudrup on 16:29 - Dec 27 with 4544 viewsSwanfan1

2 very good good wingers in Routledge and Hernandez -
are u avin a laugh...
Routledge couldnt dribble past my nan

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:36 - Dec 27 with 4506 viewsLeonisGod

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:29 - Dec 27 by Swanfan1

are u avin a laugh...

This from a player who earned an international call-up on his performances last year. Either you're not a good judge of a player or your nan is awesome and we should sign her up.
End of the road for Laudrup on 16:38 - Dec 27 with 4496 viewsmonmouth

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:29 - Dec 27 by Swanfan1

are u avin a laugh...

I bet he could.

Why not revert to ridiculous hyperbole eh?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:39 - Dec 27 with 4488 viewsSwanfan1

Pardew had same sort of problems when Newcastle were in Europe League, not only did he under perform with Newcastle worse than what Swansea are doing he also had a much better squad then ML got here.

>Why has our work rate and pressing off the ball dropped so dramatically from the last few seasons?An integral part of how we play our passing game successfully depends on this high intensity desire to win the ball back.
- Easy to answer FATIGUE ! Swansea have played a lot more games then any other team in Premier league I think around 9 extra matches.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 4436 viewsVetchitBack

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:39 - Dec 27 by Swanfan1

Pardew had same sort of problems when Newcastle were in Europe League, not only did he under perform with Newcastle worse than what Swansea are doing he also had a much better squad then ML got here.

>Why has our work rate and pressing off the ball dropped so dramatically from the last few seasons?An integral part of how we play our passing game successfully depends on this high intensity desire to win the ball back.
- Easy to answer FATIGUE ! Swansea have played a lot more games then any other team in Premier league I think around 9 extra matches.

No it's not Europa fatigue. Laudrup doesn't believe in the pressing game that predecessors successfully deployed. This was evident last season. Instead of harrassing and quick closing down we just sort of stand-off people.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:52 - Dec 27 with 4393 viewsmonmouth

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:46 - Dec 27 by VetchitBack

No it's not Europa fatigue. Laudrup doesn't believe in the pressing game that predecessors successfully deployed. This was evident last season. Instead of harrassing and quick closing down we just sort of stand-off people.

Evident during the most successful season in our history then?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:55 - Dec 27 with 4374 viewsDr_Winston

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:46 - Dec 27 by VetchitBack

The football we played up until February was a cut above anything we'd seen previously. Since then it's been Rodgersball.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:57 - Dec 27 with 4356 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wish we were playing Rodgerball. It isn't doing Liverpool any harm.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:59 - Dec 27 with 4345 viewsDr_Winston

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:57 - Dec 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wish we were playing Rodgerball. It isn't doing Liverpool any harm.

Rodgersball with Suarez is a very different beast.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:59 - Dec 27 with 4332 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:59 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Rodgersball with Suarez is a very different beast.

So is Laudrup ball with a firing michu

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:02 - Dec 27 with 4323 viewsVetchitBack

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:52 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Evident during the most successful season in our history then?

Yes.

But we improved in other areas quickness of passing and being more direct etc.

Now we aren't excelling at the above and other areas.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:03 - Dec 27 with 4314 viewsDr_Winston

End of the road for Laudrup on 16:59 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

So is Laudrup ball with a firing michu

In midfield.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024