Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road for Laudrup 12:02 - Dec 27 with 8685 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It feels churlish to say so but the more I watch us play the more I'm beginning to think Laudrup has taken us as far as he can. There are too many tactics and football deficiencies which are in obvious need of addressing which are going unnoticed or unchecked.

Why are we insisting on playing so narrow and threading the ball through the eye of a needle when we 2 very good good wingers in Routlege and Hernandez who have proved last season they can take a man on and beat him?

Why are we insisting they tuck inside to an already congested midfield and try playing messi esque through balls which they simply don't have the ability to pull off?

Why has our work rate and pressing off the ball dropped so dramatically from the last few seasons?An integral part of how we play our passing game successfully depends on this high intensity desire to win the ball back.

Why has the simple triangles of passing we perfected so well disappeared from our game? Why has our movement off the ball disappeared?

Why is the first pass any player looks to make is back in the direction whence it came? Why have our players lost the ability to take a touch, turn and look for a forward pass?

Why do we insist on bringing every man back to defend a corner leaving no outlet for a punt up field when clearing our lines under pressure?

Why do our players think it's acceptable to play possession football in our own half in the dying minutes of a game when losing and not press forward?

Why does Ashley Williams suddenly think he's Franz Beckenbaur and dawdle on the ball for an age letting opposition players close him down before playing a lazy pass sideways?

Why is Shelvey the only player who is able to pass forward? Why are we suddenly relying on everything attacking wise to come through a 21 year old lad who is far from the finished article himself?

Why have we spent £12m on Bony who looks like he's got bags of potential to not only play him but then when we do give him zero service?

Why is it acceptable to treat paying fans like mugs and not offer a single shot on goal in games and show more desire not to lose than to win?

For me only Laudrup can be held responsible, either the players aren't willing to play for him any longer or he's gone off the boil and distracted by his move away in the summer. Since we won the cup we've not been consistent or showed the same level of desire to succeed. I fear come January things will decidedly worse again and laudrups time could have run out.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:36 - Dec 27 with 1781 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:30 - Dec 27 by VetchitBack

No exiledclaseboy.

You've just deliberately misuderstood me to suit your argument and I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realise this.

Euro-fatigue is NOT the reason we don't play a high pressing game anymore.

Euro-fatige MAY be a reason we do not appear currently motivated in my opinion.

Deliberate misrepresenatation? On this forum? Surely not.

Anyhoo, what if the reason we don't play a high pressing game is becaue we're not motivated? Where does Euro-fatigue come into that?

Poll: Tory leader

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:47 - Dec 27 with 1739 viewsVetchitBack

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:36 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Deliberate misrepresenatation? On this forum? Surely not.

Anyhoo, what if the reason we don't play a high pressing game is becaue we're not motivated? Where does Euro-fatigue come into that?

Laudrup doesn't favour a high pressing game that is self-evident. That is not a question of motivation.

I think possibly the fatigue might have made us sloppy in other areas (passing?) which brings more attention to our lack of a pressing game.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

End of the road for Laudrup on 18:08 - Dec 27 with 1686 viewsFlashberryjack

If we win at villa tomorrow........this thread will relegated to the dustbin where it belongs.
11th in the league, bookies have us at 25/1 to go down, and some say that Laudrup should go...... f*ck me.... when the chips are down you find out who your friends are is so very true.
And we have the nerve to laugh at our fickle cousins up the road..... if they read this, they will be pissing themselves, whilst praying that Laudrup does go.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

End of the road for Laudrup on 18:31 - Dec 27 with 1641 viewsFlipper

I genuinely think all the doom and gloom that we have seen, especially on this forum, but in general as well, stems from our defeat to Cardiff.
Our team were defeated in a game that they were perceived to not have tried hard enough to win.
Whether everyone will admit it or not, it hurts us supporters/fans to lose to Cardiff more than it hurts to lose to any other team, (not that it matters any more than any other match in the great scheme of things, but it does in our minds).
This has coloured all perceptions since then.
If my theory is correct, all this wailing and gnashing of teeth will continue until exactly February 8th, when everything will be restored to it's correct perspective....or the world falls apart completely, :-)

Wicked. Carter, bust out the gatling guns. I want to be revered as a god by teatime.

End of the road for Laudrup on 18:33 - Dec 27 with 1635 viewsswancity

One or two decent points but in the main a pile of crap

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

End of the road for Laudrup on 20:41 - Dec 27 with 1520 viewsPlasticman

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:10 - Dec 27 by deanscfc

Agree with a lot of your points unfortunately...but I don't think it's the end of the road for Laudrup. I think he's well aware of where we've been falling short recently - but injuries to key players and the amount of games haven't helped.

Some things need to change...(possession football in the dying seconds, putting ourselves under too much pressure at the back, lack of threat from corners) but all in all we are still a decent enough team with good players.

We need to get that arrogance back. Not so long ago, the big sides were fearful of playing us. I used to look on their fan message boards before a game and it was always a case of 'Swansea are a very strong team, we'll do well to beat them'. Chelsea, Man city, Arsenal etc expected to turn up and beat us, and they did.

If Laudrup has a fault then it has to be his ability to motivate us against the big teams. Last season he seemed to be able to do it - he talked up our chances in the cup which we went on to win , but this season he seems to want to lower expectations more than anything. He said from the start that we were playing for 9th at most and even if that's just reality, it can't be very inspiring for good players to hear.

Chelsea looked very much like they had respect for us on the pitch. You could also see Mourinho pace back and forth with nervous anticipation during the match as it dragged out and they couldn't score a second goal.
Also some moments of clear panic in their defence near the end when we started getting up there.

If anything, I think it is a case of the teams showing us exactly the respect to take us seriously and work hard against us that is the difference. They know they will get punished if they become lax against us which is why they keep their well drilled defensive moves when we have the ball.

Denying proper passing options is a big deal against a team like ours, and especially chelsea were very good at that.

Plastic since 2012

End of the road for Laudrup on 21:08 - Dec 27 with 1497 viewsGlyn1

Yeah, coz 11th in the table is disgusting. Jesus ffs Christ.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

End of the road for Laudrup on 21:22 - Dec 27 with 1485 viewsporschejack

I think the heading of this article is correct . He's done a very good job , he said he was here for 2 seasons , he will move on and so will we , Thank you ML .
Login to get fewer ads

End of the road for Laudrup on 21:26 - Dec 27 with 1469 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Hideous title to this thread.

Hideous.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

End of the road for Laudrup on 21:39 - Dec 27 with 1457 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our style of play lends itself to having a side which plays regularly together, with very few changes and using the same combinations consistently - week in, week out.

The added amount of games and injuries has meant none of the above is possible and therefore we look sluggish.

Shelvey is carrying the team at the moment. Think he gets better with every game tbh.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

End of the road for Laudrup on 23:06 - Dec 27 with 1392 viewsGowerjack

End of the road for Laudrup on 21:39 - Dec 27 by PozuelosSideys

Our style of play lends itself to having a side which plays regularly together, with very few changes and using the same combinations consistently - week in, week out.

The added amount of games and injuries has meant none of the above is possible and therefore we look sluggish.

Shelvey is carrying the team at the moment. Think he gets better with every game tbh.

If Shelvey is carrying the team then we are fcuked.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

End of the road for Laudrup on 23:30 - Dec 27 with 1371 viewsPozuelosSideys

End of the road for Laudrup on 23:06 - Dec 27 by Gowerjack

If Shelvey is carrying the team then we are fcuked.

Yep. Think hes been excellent since the game against the vermin.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

End of the road for Laudrup on 00:01 - Dec 28 with 1347 viewsdameedna

I don't understand the disapointment. We do not deserve to be any better than West Ham.

Played well against Newcastle and got beat by Chelsea though had them worried on times.

Seems to be a group of JDG Laudrup Routledge Alvrao hitters around this season.

Personally I am happy with JDG and Laudrup and feel for Routledge and Alvaro who are struggling at the moment.

Michu and Bony were our biggest hopes and have injuries.

The strain of Europe is taking its toll but we are through and play Napoli.

We will pick up a few points over Christmas and looks like we have a good run in.

8 teams look at our standard or below this season so we should be okay with mid table again.

Good platform for next season.
End of the road for Laudrup on 00:16 - Dec 28 with 1339 viewsGowerjack

End of the road for Laudrup on 23:30 - Dec 27 by PozuelosSideys

Yep. Think hes been excellent since the game against the vermin.

You didn't watch the Chelsea match then.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

End of the road for Laudrup on 00:21 - Dec 28 with 1324 viewsJack_Meoff

You mad bastard. Away with ye with your objectivity and your optimism

Ah Christ I can't quote on this site. I blame Jack Daniels
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 0:24]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

End of the road for Laudrup on 00:34 - Dec 28 with 1298 viewsJackFish

End of the road for Laudrup on 20:41 - Dec 27 by Plasticman

Chelsea looked very much like they had respect for us on the pitch. You could also see Mourinho pace back and forth with nervous anticipation during the match as it dragged out and they couldn't score a second goal.
Also some moments of clear panic in their defence near the end when we started getting up there.

If anything, I think it is a case of the teams showing us exactly the respect to take us seriously and work hard against us that is the difference. They know they will get punished if they become lax against us which is why they keep their well drilled defensive moves when we have the ball.

Denying proper passing options is a big deal against a team like ours, and especially chelsea were very good at that.

I absolutely think that's happened and is a big reason why we haven't beaten any of the top teams at home under Laudrup.
End of the road for Laudrup on 00:55 - Dec 28 with 1271 viewsmacthejack

Surely nobody can be too disappointed with our progress/position in competitions so far. The thing for me is that our football seems to have become a lot more boring!
End of the road for Laudrup on 01:03 - Dec 28 with 1258 viewsDavillin

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:20 - Dec 27 by deanscfc

In September 2012 we hadn't gone over a year without consecutive PL wins. For a team that dominates possession like we do that is not good at all.

Correction: "For a team that USED TO DOMINATE POSSESSION . . . ." One of our new weaknesses is giving the ball away regularly and very very cheaply.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

End of the road for Laudrup on 01:07 - Dec 28 with 1252 viewsmacthejack

End of the road for Laudrup on 01:03 - Dec 28 by Davillin

Correction: "For a team that USED TO DOMINATE POSSESSION . . . ." One of our new weaknesses is giving the ball away regularly and very very cheaply.

Well actually we do still dominate possession, we have the highest average possession in the premier league but I do agree that we tend to give the ball away rather cheaply. It's a shame most of our possession is fannying around on the half way line.
End of the road for Laudrup on 01:07 - Dec 28 with 1251 viewsJokeren1943

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:03 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

In midfield.

I agree that Swansea with proberly the smallest amount of players and on the other hand playing far more games then the other teams have much to say.

The powerhouse Michu, chashing every impossible ball and running like mad for 90 minuts and at the same time being extremly passioned and scoring goal, him injured is a bigger loss then people proberly has realised.

We need players in the box. Most of the time it is only Bony against 3-4 defenders. The other midfielders simplely stay out of it (box). Shelvey need to be better to go in there to to optimize our chances for a goal. Would also like Davies doing the same (simply how Tiendalli scored the other day) .

Another major challenge is Shelvey. As a central midfielder he is essential to the flow on the team and the passing on the ball. But he is extremly unstable. One day he is outstanding. The next day he is crap. Shelvey just need time, but it effect Swansea performance alot.

I was hard on Dyer last season. He had an hard time adapting to Laudrup way of playing. But he has been our best player this season. Him injured is a massive loss.

Our keepers both Vorm and Tremmel has been very average this season. For some reason our back four have struggle too (especially Chico and Williams and Davies). Our defense were proberly our strongest part of our entire team last season but for some reason they are not focused (this season), make waay to many bad decisions .

But I also think people has to realise that the other team who struggled in most of first season figuring out how to play Swansea, has slowly figured out our weak spots. Most team simply defend very deep, and then counter with 3-4 players when we are not focused. Another tool is a high ball over our midfielders between our 2 central defenders. Especially Chico play with high risk.

On the other hand we have scored 23 goals. If you go from 7th place (United) only Southampton has scored more goals then we have (25 goals). The rest has scored below 19 goals. And the other teams has scored 24 goals on Swansea. That is also acceptable compared to the other teams.

At the same time, we are much stronger on set pieces this season. Getting Bony and Shelvey have made us much stronger.

Swansea will do fine.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 1:52]
End of the road for Laudrup on 01:13 - Dec 28 with 1233 viewsDavillin

End of the road for Laudrup on 01:07 - Dec 28 by macthejack

Well actually we do still dominate possession, we have the highest average possession in the premier league but I do agree that we tend to give the ball away rather cheaply. It's a shame most of our possession is fannying around on the half way line.

You agree with me, then? Well, I agree with you.

As a side note, virtually all of our giveaways are in the opponent's half, and that ain't good for several reasons - all vitally important. And as someone else posted somewhere today, it's always the "usual suspects" who do it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

End of the road for Laudrup on 02:06 - Dec 28 with 1214 viewsHalon

End of the road for Laudrup on 12:12 - Dec 27 by Darran

I think the OP should take a long hard look at his avatar and I'm seriously not trying to be clever.

I absolutely agree. Malky is gone in CCFC why not do it Tan style and stab ML in the back while we r at it........ Personally im in a state where this Whole forum makes me slightly annoyed.... but occasionally a few acually try 2 keep the spirit upon the freezing point
End of the road for Laudrup on 02:54 - Dec 28 with 1200 viewsUxbridge

End of the road for Laudrup on 01:03 - Dec 28 by Davillin

We're ignoring that we top we possession stats then?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

End of the road for Laudrup on 03:07 - Dec 28 with 1193 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

End of the road for Laudrup on 02:54 - Dec 28 by Uxbridge

We're ignoring that we top we possession stats then?

It's all well and good saying we are top of the possession league but look at where our possession is - in our own half back and forth constantly. The final 5 minutes at Chelsea were quite frankly embarassing. Only one goal down and we were quite content to pass it around the back four and see out a 1-0 loss.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

End of the road for Laudrup on 10:29 - Dec 28 with 1106 viewsperchrockjack

Mixed opinions then so that s good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024