Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road for Laudrup 12:02 - Dec 27 with 8581 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It feels churlish to say so but the more I watch us play the more I'm beginning to think Laudrup has taken us as far as he can. There are too many tactics and football deficiencies which are in obvious need of addressing which are going unnoticed or unchecked.

Why are we insisting on playing so narrow and threading the ball through the eye of a needle when we 2 very good good wingers in Routlege and Hernandez who have proved last season they can take a man on and beat him?

Why are we insisting they tuck inside to an already congested midfield and try playing messi esque through balls which they simply don't have the ability to pull off?

Why has our work rate and pressing off the ball dropped so dramatically from the last few seasons?An integral part of how we play our passing game successfully depends on this high intensity desire to win the ball back.

Why has the simple triangles of passing we perfected so well disappeared from our game? Why has our movement off the ball disappeared?

Why is the first pass any player looks to make is back in the direction whence it came? Why have our players lost the ability to take a touch, turn and look for a forward pass?

Why do we insist on bringing every man back to defend a corner leaving no outlet for a punt up field when clearing our lines under pressure?

Why do our players think it's acceptable to play possession football in our own half in the dying minutes of a game when losing and not press forward?

Why does Ashley Williams suddenly think he's Franz Beckenbaur and dawdle on the ball for an age letting opposition players close him down before playing a lazy pass sideways?

Why is Shelvey the only player who is able to pass forward? Why are we suddenly relying on everything attacking wise to come through a 21 year old lad who is far from the finished article himself?

Why have we spent £12m on Bony who looks like he's got bags of potential to not only play him but then when we do give him zero service?

Why is it acceptable to treat paying fans like mugs and not offer a single shot on goal in games and show more desire not to lose than to win?

For me only Laudrup can be held responsible, either the players aren't willing to play for him any longer or he's gone off the boil and distracted by his move away in the summer. Since we won the cup we've not been consistent or showed the same level of desire to succeed. I fear come January things will decidedly worse again and laudrups time could have run out.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:05 - Dec 27 with 1478 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:03 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

In midfield.

A - f*cking men to that.

Still can't believe he played him up top alone against Cardiff at Legoland. To soak up pressure...

Jesus f*cking wept

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:05 - Dec 27 with 1478 viewsDarran

I don't believe Laudrup will be here next season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:06 - Dec 27 with 1471 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:05 - Dec 27 by Darran

Who do you think would be candidates to replace him Mr Dazbag?

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:07 - Dec 27 with 1468 viewsmonmouth

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:05 - Dec 27 by Darran

I honestly thought that was a nailed on fact....unless he fails so badly he has nowhere to go......

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:08 - Dec 27 with 1468 viewsDarran

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:06 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

Well I did mention on the old site the way we've appointed managers in the past id give Paul Clement a chance.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:09 - Dec 27 with 1459 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:08 - Dec 27 by Darran

Well I did mention on the old site the way we've appointed managers in the past id give Paul Clement a chance.

I reckon that would be a cracker myself. Imagine he speaks many languages, built up contacts with Ancelloti and worked alongside Jose and Brendan.

I think I may have a cheeky tenner on that

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:09 - Dec 27 with 1455 viewsDarran

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:09 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

I reckon that would be a cracker myself. Imagine he speaks many languages, built up contacts with Ancelloti and worked alongside Jose and Brendan.

I think I may have a cheeky tenner on that

Indeed I think he would be refreshing.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:10 - Dec 27 with 1453 viewsmonmouth

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:06 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

Why was Wieghorst brought in? Why is he becoming more visible in the press? Why I am asking all these questions?

Login to get fewer ads

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:12 - Dec 27 with 1434 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:09 - Dec 27 by Darran

Indeed I think he would be refreshing.

Wasn't he from Sutton/Surrey way? Electrification of the great western line and he'll be home in a flash

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:14 - Dec 27 with 1429 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:10 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Why was Wieghorst brought in? Why is he becoming more visible in the press? Why I am asking all these questions?

Its because rhetoric is a devastating mechanism that causes people to contradict themselves whilst you sit back and laugh at them as they tangle themselves up.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:15 - Dec 27 with 1418 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:10 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Well I'm going to duck for cover but if the manager does go I hope he takes his "sports scientist" with him

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:16 - Dec 27 with 1417 viewsmonmouth

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:14 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

Its because rhetoric is a devastating mechanism that causes people to contradict themselves whilst you sit back and laugh at them as they tangle themselves up.

At the risk of magicking up Phaedrus, I would normally prefer dialectic, but I assume we're all aiming at quality.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:18 - Dec 27 with 1404 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:16 - Dec 27 by monmouth

At the risk of magicking up Phaedrus, I would normally prefer dialectic, but I assume we're all aiming at quality.

Quality is subjective unfortunately. Thats why no one can agree on here.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2013 17:18]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:20 - Dec 27 with 1387 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:14 - Dec 27 by Jackanapes

Is that like when someone states definitively that we don't have Euro-fatigue and then 20 minutes later in a different thread states equally as definitively that "it might be Euro-fatigue, I don't know"?

People confuse easily it seems.

Poll: Tory leader

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:21 - Dec 27 with 1376 viewsJackanapes

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:20 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Is that like when someone states definitively that we don't have Euro-fatigue and then 20 minutes later in a different thread states equally as definitively that "it might be Euro-fatigue, I don't know"?

Yes. Just like that.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:21 - Dec 27 with 1314 viewswaynekerr55

The force is strong with this one

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:21 - Dec 27 with 1310 viewsmonmouth

It's easy mate, do keep up. Tremmel is the answer that's going backwards.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:23 - Dec 27 with 1293 viewsPhil_S

Question fro the OP. When you say you think Laudrup has taken us as far as he can - how far do you think we can go under a different manager?
End of the road for Laudrup on 17:27 - Dec 27 with 1273 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:23 - Dec 27 by Phil_S

Question fro the OP. When you say you think Laudrup has taken us as far as he can - how far do you think we can go under a different manager?

Perhaps under a new manager we might win a cup, be established and mid-table in the Premier League and maybe one day get to the knockout stages of a European trophy. Perhaps.

Poll: Tory leader

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:27 - Dec 27 with 1272 viewswaynekerr55

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:23 - Dec 27 by Phil_S

Carlisle in the FA Cup?

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:27 - Dec 27 with 1271 viewsDarran

Scouce is the best,he wanted Tremmell in goals before Vorm and now he wants Tremmell f*cked off.
He wants Ki brought back and wasn't happy last night when someone posted a link to a thread he started to get rid of Ki.

Hehe.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:30 - Dec 27 with 1253 viewsPhil_S

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:27 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Perhaps under a new manager we might win a cup, be established and mid-table in the Premier League and maybe one day get to the knockout stages of a European trophy. Perhaps.

Seriously though how much higher can we actually reach. The Champions League is never really going to be in our grasp given the vast amounts of zillions of pounds spent by sides to try and get there so we are back to maybe 8th place and a cup win being the realistic level of ambition we can have. And we cant win a cup every year
End of the road for Laudrup on 17:30 - Dec 27 with 1239 viewsDr_Winston

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:27 - Dec 27 by Darran

Scouce is the best,he wanted Tremmell in goals before Vorm and now he wants Tremmell f*cked off.
He wants Ki brought back and wasn't happy last night when someone posted a link to a thread he started to get rid of Ki.

Hehe.

He can't remember what he said last week, never mind last season.

There must be people all over Merseyside who have done time thanks to his dodgy evidence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:30 - Dec 27 with 1239 viewsVetchitBack

No exiledclaseboy.

You've just deliberately misuderstood me to suit your argument and I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realise this.

Euro-fatigue is NOT the reason we don't play a high pressing game anymore.

Euro-fatige MAY be a reason we do not appear currently motivated in my opinion.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:31 - Dec 27 with 1232 viewsjacksinceever

End of the road for Laudrup on 17:30 - Dec 27 by Phil_S

Seriously though how much higher can we actually reach. The Champions League is never really going to be in our grasp given the vast amounts of zillions of pounds spent by sides to try and get there so we are back to maybe 8th place and a cup win being the realistic level of ambition we can have. And we cant win a cup every year

Shame we aren't in the Welsh Cup, then maybe we'd win that every year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024