Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? 21:16 - Apr 27 with 2435 viewsDavillin

Out of curiosity, who among you plays no video games - online or from media?

Quite a few years ago, I enjoyed a flight simulator which included aerial combat, but then decided if I couldn't have a reasonably full cockpit [stick, throttle, rudder pedals, at least], it wasn't for me. I also enjoyed a tank battle simulation, but it became too simplistic and predictable.

Never played Football Manager or anything like it.

And you?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:23 - Apr 27 with 1654 viewsLohengrin

Books, records and cigarettes. When you've got Dickens, Jimmie Rogers and Lucky Strike as your constant companions you've neither time nor need for other distractions.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:31 - Apr 27 with 1640 viewsDarran

Nobody over the age of 14 should play video games.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:31 - Apr 27 with 1640 viewsexiledclaseboy

Me. at least none of the modern ones. I had a Sega Megadrive years ago but I completely and deliberately avoid them these days.

Poll: Tory leader

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:40 - Apr 27 with 1627 viewsAndy1300

I can't remember how many years ago I last played a video game...

As a 50 yr old I think it's a bit childish to play them

Number 1 team in Wales

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 1612 viewsGowerjack

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:40 - Apr 27 by Andy1300

I can't remember how many years ago I last played a video game...

As a 50 yr old I think it's a bit childish to play them

Me.

Not interested at all.

Too busy living a real life.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:54 - Apr 27 with 1604 viewsJackfath

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:51 - Apr 27 by Gowerjack

Me.

Not interested at all.

Me.

Not interested at all.

Too busy living a real life on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:54 - Apr 27 with 1600 viewsJackfath

I dont.

However I can see the attraction for people.

Live and let live I say!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:56 - Apr 27 with 1593 viewsLord_Bony

Well I m the same age and I m well and truly hooked into the system.

As we speak I am hard wired in for a combat flight sim Warthunder it s brill...
I have fllight stick,throttle,pedals,mic,headphones and I R Tracking headset that allows you to look inside the cockpit and outside at your enemies...it s unreal the camera follows your head movements....it s so realistic...

I also like Call of Duty black ops 2 for PC and will happily spend a few hours in multiplayer mode with a coupla cold ones....

It s so absorbing and mentally challenging....feck reality sometimes...lol

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 1582 viewsWarwickHunt

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:23 - Apr 27 by Lohengrin

Books, records and cigarettes. When you've got Dickens, Jimmie Rogers and Lucky Strike as your constant companions you've neither time nor need for other distractions.

This. Apart from the fags.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 1582 viewsCooperman

No for me.

My kids have to put in an hour on their bikes / scooters or kicking a ball before they can get near the electronics.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 1581 viewsItchySphincter

Never.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 22:55 - Apr 27 with 1539 viewsepaul

Me neither, cant see what the fuss is

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 03:38 - Apr 28 with 1473 viewsCalifornia_Jack

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 22:55 - Apr 27 by epaul

Me neither, cant see what the fuss is

OK, Ill step up and say that I Play Fifa 2014 regularly on a PS4. I play on line against other players around the world. I play as Swansea and score most goals by running Dyer down the wing, crossing to Bony who scores with his head ......... Im in my 40's so might be considered to old to be playing games ..........
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 06:59 - Apr 28 with 1449 viewsEdmundo

Not for me, i have better things to do with my life!

Though I did have a passing fad for all things Wii, but that passed having grown very bored with the repetitive type of games.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 08:16 - Apr 28 with 1400 viewsllangyfelach

No games console, but I do enjoy a game of Angry Birds whilst dropping the kids off to the pool

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 08:47 - Apr 28 with 1374 viewsUxbridge

If the PS4 is good enough for Frank Underwood then it's good enough for me. Although I've used it more as a media player for Iplayer or Netflix than games these days.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 09:40 - Apr 28 with 1352 viewsjedijack

I rather enjoy sim racing and have a rig with wheel, pedals and shifter with a 24" triple monitor setup.

When I'm not kicking ass on the racing circuit I enjoy playing military tactical simulators such as Arma 2 / 3 or a bit zombie apocalypse simulation with Day Z.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 09:41 - Apr 28 with 1351 viewsjaf69

no video games
jeez lads get with the program, im 45 and been gaming since I was about 5/6
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 09:50 - Apr 28 with 1344 viewspansypants

I prefer fresh air, reading, drinking and gambling plus the love of a good woman.

Many women have left their partners because they only saw the back of their heads due to overplaying Xbox etc.

To all gamers out there dont bother getting a partner unless they share your fascination.

And dont take drugs!(see Perchrock's typing lately....)

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:20 - Apr 28 with 1327 viewsJonTheJack

I love my games and will do for the rest of my life.

Interesting to hear why people think they are so childish. Very similar to watching movies in my opinion, only more interactive whilst sat on one's behind.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 1318 viewsskippyjack

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 09:50 - Apr 28 by pansypants

I prefer fresh air, reading, drinking and gambling plus the love of a good woman.

Many women have left their partners because they only saw the back of their heads due to overplaying Xbox etc.

To all gamers out there dont bother getting a partner unless they share your fascination.

I quit due to being bored at being good at it.. Football games = keep possession (play the Swansea way).. FPS.. Sound, technique, patience, survival, instinct, bottle, awareness, aiming, addiction, and just knowing.. RPG.. Patience, studying stratergies, never give in attitude, communication and knowing you're opponents strengths and weaknesses.. You can learn a lot from console games.. But I wouldn't recommend it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:44 - Apr 28 with 1315 viewsjedijack

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 09:50 - Apr 28 by pansypants

I do all the normal every day things too and probably "waste" as much time gaming as others do on internet forums. ;)

In all seriousness, my misses doesn't mind me disappearing to my gaming room maybe a couple of nights a week, she gets a chance to catch up on TV and we both appreciate the space sometimes.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:59 - Apr 28 with 1305 viewsWarwickHunt

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:20 - Apr 28 by JonTheJack

I love my games and will do for the rest of my life.

Interesting to hear why people think they are so childish. Very similar to watching movies in my opinion, only more interactive whilst sat on one's behind.

If your idea of a good film is one with Bruce Willis in it perhaps.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 11:05 - Apr 28 with 1301 viewsLohengrin

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 10:59 - Apr 28 by WarwickHunt

If your idea of a good film is one with Bruce Willis in it perhaps.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:00 - Apr 28 with 1266 viewsJackSomething

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:51 - Apr 27 by Gowerjack

Me.

Not interested at all.

Always found this a strange attitude, probably coming from people who have never tried playing games (and therefore shouldn't comment) or aren't very good at them when they have tried.

I've played games all my life. I have a fiancee and a 1-yeard old son. I'm an ex-librarian and read more books than the average person. I also enjoy films, TV shows, sports, going to the gym, travelling, cooking and various other interests.

I also don't castigate people who enjoy something I don't.

Anyone who says I don't have a real life because I like games can take a running jump off a high cliff.

Also, I'm obviously also a bit sensitive on this topic.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 12:06]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024