Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... 12:40 - Jun 13 with 2991 viewsCopperJack

That they may lose out on money to us for a change? Couldn't make this up...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-Swansea-beat-Cardiff-money-spinning

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 13:41 - Jun 13 with 2080 viewsLohengrin

The reinstatement of the tram system is a must to coincide with the completion of the new campus.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 13:42 - Jun 13 with 2079 viewswestside

isn't rhodri involved with swansea university.

maybe they're putting plans forward for a tram from amazon/swansea uni right around to the mumbles connecting their two campuses togeather along with uwstd on sa1.
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 13:49 - Jun 13 with 2063 viewsLohengrin

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 13:42 - Jun 13 by westside

maybe they're putting plans forward for a tram from amazon/swansea uni right around to the mumbles connecting their two campuses togeather along with uwstd on sa1.

I'd have thought that's exactly the plan.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:01 - Jun 13 with 2029 viewsDull1Thomas

It could also tie in nicely to the Barrage and the leisure facilities planned for there.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:07 - Jun 13 with 2021 viewsLohengrin

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:01 - Jun 13 by Dull1Thomas

It could also tie in nicely to the Barrage and the leisure facilities planned for there.

Yes indeed, it would have all sorts of uses. What are the chances of a branch line up to Copper Quarter?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:11 - Jun 13 with 2010 viewsClinton

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 13:42 - Jun 13 by westside

just when we thought there was a chance we'd see the back of the dreaded cones that have been blighting us for years. There's no need for a tram, a bus will suffice.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:20 - Jun 13 with 1984 viewsDarran

I was in Cardiff for a do on Thursday and if I'm honest Swansea City centre is like a slum compared to Cardiff so it's about time we had some coinage.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:35 - Jun 13 with 1955 viewsClinton

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:20 - Jun 13 by Darran

I was in Cardiff for a do on Thursday and if I'm honest Swansea City centre is like a slum compared to Cardiff so it's about time we had some coinage.

I was speaking to a neighbour just this week who was saying the same thing.
Its ironic that Cardiff has benefitted hugely from devolution, while the rest of Wales, especoially in the North And West seems to have got very little out of it.
If we had another referendum now to see if Wales should scrap the Assembly and go back to Westminster, I wonder what the result would be?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:43 - Jun 13 with 1939 viewsKilkennyjack

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:35 - Jun 13 by Clinton

I was speaking to a neighbour just this week who was saying the same thing.
Its ironic that Cardiff has benefitted hugely from devolution, while the rest of Wales, especoially in the North And West seems to have got very little out of it.
If we had another referendum now to see if Wales should scrap the Assembly and go back to Westminster, I wonder what the result would be?

Well - we all voted for more powers for the Assembly quite recently - so i guess thats your answer.

Beware of the Risen People

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:46 - Jun 13 with 1931 viewsClinton

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:43 - Jun 13 by Kilkennyjack

Well - we all voted for more powers for the Assembly quite recently - so i guess thats your answer.

I must have missed it.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:52 - Jun 13 with 1917 viewsSwanzay

The WA don't really give a toss about anything outside of Cardiff, as Clinton suggested in his post the only part of Wales that has seen real investment since the devolution is Cardiff.
North Wales and further West have been left to their own devices. As much as I hate to say it, our City center is an embarrassment and is light years behind the home of the Senedd, coincidence I think not!
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:56 - Jun 13 with 1912 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep it is the 'Home of the Assembly' bid all over again. Swansea start to put a case together only for this to kick start the concerned local authorities in the East thereby ensuring the Mud Flats get the dosh.
Does his comment about 100m for a tram system linking Amazon warehouse to Mumbles ring true? If so linking this to the swansea and Clyne valleys would be peanuts compared to the barmy link road and metro in the south east.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:04 - Jun 13 with 1894 viewsCopperJack

Surely the sheer fact that the former First Minister is arguing that Cardiff should have even more money ahead of us tells you everything you need to know about the complete inequality that this country supports. As already been mentioned, Cardiff are the only place to have benefitted from devolution. Baffles me why people keep voting to give them more powers when it will only mean yet more money for the city which is given everything.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:11 - Jun 13 with 1879 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:52 - Jun 13 by Swanzay

The WA don't really give a toss about anything outside of Cardiff, as Clinton suggested in his post the only part of Wales that has seen real investment since the devolution is Cardiff.
North Wales and further West have been left to their own devices. As much as I hate to say it, our City center is an embarrassment and is light years behind the home of the Senedd, coincidence I think not!

It is spelt CENTRE

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:11 - Jun 13 with 1878 viewsmonmouth

To the WAG, Cardiff IS Wales. Until the rioting starts there will be no change. So that's never.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:14 - Jun 13 with 1872 viewsfelixstowe_jack

About time Cardiff missed out. They have had 100s of Millions given to them by the "Cardiff Assembly". About time the Welsh Assembly started supporting the rest of Wales. Perhaps a referendum to give the rest of Wales independence from Cardiff.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:48 - Jun 13 with 1826 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 15:11 - Jun 13 by monmouth

To the WAG, Cardiff IS Wales. Until the rioting starts there will be no change. So that's never.

This is spot on. Everything going to Cardiff is 'for the good of Wales' as we are always told by Govt and media. Those accusing us of 'chips on the shoulder' are rapidly becoming few and far between. It is becoming more and more obvious to all concerned that virtually all investment is hitting the SE of Wales. This is continuing due to the Cardiff based and biased media spewing out the same old story to the masses whilst pretending to represent Wales as Country.
Make no mistake that if Cardiff continue to drag their feet on this funding the media will come in with full support for the Crapital and be against any Swansea bid.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:01 - Jun 13 with 1745 viewsKilkennyjack

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 14:46 - Jun 13 by Clinton

I must have missed it.

2011 mate - same year as the Reading game ...

Beware of the Risen People

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 1717 viewsCopperJack

Sadly I don't think anything will change. People here vote for Welsh nationalism and not will actually benefit them. We've had the WAG since the 90s and the only thing they've done is continuously spend every penny in Cardiff yet people continue to vote to give them more powers, despite it meaning that they will live in further deprivation. Couldn't make it up, and the ridiculous thing is, they get away with it because they're Welsh. If Westminster were practicing such obvious corruption then people here would be outraged, but because it's the WAG people advocate it.

About time we were given investment but like I said, don't see it happening. This warning will probably terrify them into getting their act together soon and the corruption of Wales will continue as usual. Sickening.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:31 - Jun 13 with 1687 viewscentrestandswan

All these people moaning about Cardiff getting" this that and the other" should start questioning their own representatives on the WA to ask why this is the case, couldn't be that the West Wales members are not of the same quality has their East Wales counterparts and hence lose out on the big money developments.

What has been said though is right Swansea centre is a shambles, blitz or no blitz, and has to be sorted out. Cardiff on the other hand does give the impression of a capital city and so it should.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 1675 viewsDarran

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:31 - Jun 13 by centrestandswan

All these people moaning about Cardiff getting" this that and the other" should start questioning their own representatives on the WA to ask why this is the case, couldn't be that the West Wales members are not of the same quality has their East Wales counterparts and hence lose out on the big money developments.

What has been said though is right Swansea centre is a shambles, blitz or no blitz, and has to be sorted out. Cardiff on the other hand does give the impression of a capital city and so it should.

That's why I'm not voting Labour in the next WAG elections.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:39 - Jun 13 with 1673 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:12 - Jun 13 by CopperJack

Sadly I don't think anything will change. People here vote for Welsh nationalism and not will actually benefit them. We've had the WAG since the 90s and the only thing they've done is continuously spend every penny in Cardiff yet people continue to vote to give them more powers, despite it meaning that they will live in further deprivation. Couldn't make it up, and the ridiculous thing is, they get away with it because they're Welsh. If Westminster were practicing such obvious corruption then people here would be outraged, but because it's the WAG people advocate it.

About time we were given investment but like I said, don't see it happening. This warning will probably terrify them into getting their act together soon and the corruption of Wales will continue as usual. Sickening.

Support for devolved powers isn't necessarily support for Welsh nationalism. Certainly isn't in my own case.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:49 - Jun 13 with 1657 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:31 - Jun 13 by centrestandswan

I agree. We should be on the backs of all politicians. I don't buy that we have poorer politicians in this area however. The vast majority toe the political line to further their own careers.
The home of WAG 'competition' was a prime example. Local politicians should have resigned from the Labour party en masse after the kick in the teeth this area was given after all the effort to put in a costed bid. There was no alternative on offer in Cardiff other than a new build. The pointless competition (at the time) to create a Welsh Capital in the 50s has benefitted Cardiff immensely since joining the EEC. This has given them the leverage to get the vast majority of investment. In truth they have no right to be Capital of Wales having virtually no historic merit prior to coal being mined in Merhyr.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2015 18:05]

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:59 - Jun 13 with 1641 viewsCopperJack

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:39 - Jun 13 by exiledclaseboy

Support for devolved powers isn't necessarily support for Welsh nationalism. Certainly isn't in my own case.

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I fail to see how the majority of people can continuously vote to give more powers to a government which continues to neglect and abuse our city, if not motivated by nationalism.

It's like with Scotland, I highly doubt they're all Left-wing advocates, more just anti-English/Pro-Scottish nationalists. I fear Wales is becoming like that. The WAG gets away with anything they like and people just blame Westminster when most of the decisions are taken here at home and they're the ones who push the inequality. They never have enough money to put into the NHS or schools (both devolved) but have enough to build £10m roads in Cardiff or give £30m to filming companies like Pinewood to film there.

Sooner people in Wales realise this, the better they'll be.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:14 - Jun 13 with 1618 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:59 - Jun 13 by CopperJack

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I fail to see how the majority of people can continuously vote to give more powers to a government which continues to neglect and abuse our city, if not motivated by nationalism.

It's like with Scotland, I highly doubt they're all Left-wing advocates, more just anti-English/Pro-Scottish nationalists. I fear Wales is becoming like that. The WAG gets away with anything they like and people just blame Westminster when most of the decisions are taken here at home and they're the ones who push the inequality. They never have enough money to put into the NHS or schools (both devolved) but have enough to build £10m roads in Cardiff or give £30m to filming companies like Pinewood to film there.

Sooner people in Wales realise this, the better they'll be.

I think they get away with it because it is being done under the name of Labour. A party that traditionally gets the lion share if votes in Wales. I am a left wing Labour voter and I do not believe (at the moment) in independence. I believe that a strong regional representation could benefit Wales as opposed to the previous system where English MPs had a much bigger say.
Unfortunately it has not worked out that way and, despite voting Labour nationally, I will not be doing the same locally. Carwyn and his complacent gang need a huge kick up the ass. I suspect many others will feel the same.
There is a glimmer of hope. If the proposed Local Government reorganisation reduces the number of 22 authorities to 5 than we could have a working model. Five powerful regions fighting their corner and pressurising a Labour administration that realises it can no longer rest on it's laurels.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024