Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams 11:13 - Nov 4 with 1250 viewsmarchamjack

Is the gap between the Premier League and the Championship getting bigger, given the current bottom 3 after 10 games all came up last year?

On a purely selfish note with us in the Premier League already...I'd be quite happy if it was in all honesty. Clearly if we went down I'd change my tune!

When was the last time all 3 teams that came up went straight back down? Has it ever happened?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:25 - Nov 4 with 1227 viewsDewi1jack

Not sure about the gap getting wider.
The stats on relegated teams bouncing straight back up really aren't encouraging at all

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10826050/How

Either that or relegated teams think they're too good to be playing in the Championship and only have to turn up to win. Sort of a culture shock; Manchester United or Rotherham United.
Guessing that all 3 promoted teams have been relegated the same season before.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 1218 viewsClinton

Theres a long way to go yet, remember how Palace looked certs to go down last season and they escaped.
QPR have got the players to escape....they need to change their manager though.

On another tack, it just goes to show what a great job Brenda did for us in that first season to keep us up.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:31 - Nov 4 with 1193 viewsSTEVE1

The gap is massive but cannot totally be judged on how teams perform as when teams go up into the premier they bring in 6 or 7 players for large amounts of money and when they go down 6 or 7 go out for large amounts.
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:32 - Nov 4 with 1192 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:27 - Nov 4 by Clinton

Theres a long way to go yet, remember how Palace looked certs to go down last season and they escaped.

On another tack, it just goes to show what a great job Brenda did for us in that first season to keep us up.

Poor old Burnley looked the only nailed on candidates. Shame as it is one less potential Blackpool trip for me. I can still see Sunderland slipping back and villa have been dropping like a stone. There is still a long way to go and I am sure we are in for a few more surprises.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:33 - Nov 4 with 1189 viewsDewi1jack

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:27 - Nov 4 by Clinton

Agree with your first and third sentences.
Think QPR need to keep 'Arry until they hit at least L2, preferably the Conference in successive seasons.
Can take our relegation record ,from the last time we were at the top table further, I don't mind.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 1168 viewsperchrockjack

Agree with margam here .
I know we shouldn't be thinking negative and think "will be survive" but I guess none of us want this dream to end,although its not a dream but a full n reality.
I do believe that we ll be the last "modest" small club to make the Prem and establish . Certainly none will ever come from the 4th tier right up again.

I think Wolves might well come back to the Prem after successive promotions and they ve done a good job there. They already have the ground capacity and the fan base and therein is our biggest challenge.

I pray QPR will go, think Burnley (sadly) will go and hope Leicester join them for purely personal reasons- I fookn hate them

Palace would be a nice choice to go down but sadly Warnock will probably keep them up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:39 - Nov 4 with 1158 viewsscottishjack

It's only happened once that all 3 promoted teams were relegated the next season back in the 90's. Same thing with all 3 promoted teams staying up.

As for the gap getting bigger, I think it's been that way since the start of the Premier league and SKY, sad, but there it is.

As for this seasons teams, I would say that Burnley have decided not to go nuts gambling on staying up and I admire that, if they are relegated, they will have a nice amount of Prem money and parachute payments which should see them strong and stable in the Championship and possibly challenging to come back up.

Leicester I thought would be the strongest given their total last season, and the fact that their squad has been knocking at the door for a few years.

QPR... Splashing the cash in a desperate bid to stay in the Prem, I hope they fall flat on their face.
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 12:01 - Nov 4 with 1109 viewsperchrockjack

I went to both the Liverpool games last week with family and friends (ok Red) and after the game I was wittering on about QPR, VILLA,SUNDERLAND,BURNLEY and ,my "lad" said "why are you going on about them" to which I said well, " I just want s t stay away from the drop zone. I got ripped for that as both he and his chum see us as ridiculous candidates for that and as Ive said before and as people up here have said to me, you re in Our League now..

and don't that make you feel good

Login to get fewer ads

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 12:23 - Nov 4 with 1041 viewsairedale

We get more respect from other teams as well IMO.

I don't think teams expect 3 points off us now as a matter of course, even when we play them at their place.
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 12:28 - Nov 4 with 1022 viewsperchrockjack

agreed and its quite noticeable.
The honeymoon period when we were seen as a kind of pleasant interloper is well gone and teams and clubs give us real respect, not like our very own national radio TV station which is quite disgusting.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 12:54 - Nov 4 with 945 viewsItchySphincter

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 12:01 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

I went to both the Liverpool games last week with family and friends (ok Red) and after the game I was wittering on about QPR, VILLA,SUNDERLAND,BURNLEY and ,my "lad" said "why are you going on about them" to which I said well, " I just want s t stay away from the drop zone. I got ripped for that as both he and his chum see us as ridiculous candidates for that and as Ive said before and as people up here have said to me, you re in Our League now..

and don't that make you feel good

It does but can't take anything for granted. Sunderland is a massive club so they more than anyone are a good example that big clubs can easily slip down.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 13:21 - Nov 4 with 884 viewskarnataka

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 11:32 - Nov 4 by Private_Partz

Poor old Burnley looked the only nailed on candidates. Shame as it is one less potential Blackpool trip for me. I can still see Sunderland slipping back and villa have been dropping like a stone. There is still a long way to go and I am sure we are in for a few more surprises.

Villa were one of my tips to go down and I was surprised when they started this season so well but they seem to be living up to my expectations now. I also had Lambert down to be sacked by Christmas. A few more results like their last 6 (which they've lost 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-0 and 2-1) and I could be right about Lambert.
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:07 - Nov 4 with 805 viewsStarsky

Steven Caulker is to Premier league relegation what Stephen Dobbie is to Wembley playoffs.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 14:11]

It's just the internet, init.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:10 - Nov 4 with 804 viewsperchrockjack

The main difference between us and the mackems is that their fans base and capacity allows them to generate more match day income.

Ok they have a YANK as Chairman but they will not go ther way of LEEDS and Birmingham both of whom have had virtual criminals at the helm

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:15 - Nov 4 with 785 viewsmonmouth

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 13:21 - Nov 4 by karnataka

Villa were one of my tips to go down and I was surprised when they started this season so well but they seem to be living up to my expectations now. I also had Lambert down to be sacked by Christmas. A few more results like their last 6 (which they've lost 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-0 and 2-1) and I could be right about Lambert.

Just been given a new 4 year contract hasn't he? Hilarious. Yes I can see him mumbling AV all the way into the championship. Warnock is a serial premier league loser so I think Palace will go with them; plus poor old Burnley, I don't think they have any hope. Unfortunately that means survival for QPR and Leicester so not ideal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 777 viewsperchrockjack

nah I can Rosie chasing after more sticks more often down Sandbanks once honest harry gets sacked..

Leicester...........jeez

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:19 - Nov 4 with 774 viewsStarsky

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:15 - Nov 4 by monmouth

Just been given a new 4 year contract hasn't he? Hilarious. Yes I can see him mumbling AV all the way into the championship. Warnock is a serial premier league loser so I think Palace will go with them; plus poor old Burnley, I don't think they have any hope. Unfortunately that means survival for QPR and Leicester so not ideal.

Burnley deserve the relegated by Christmas mantle.
I can't remember any promoted team investing less than they did.
Sean Dyche might be respected in managerial circles but they act and talk like a conference team on an FA Cup run.
Have a go at least FFS.

It's just the internet, init.

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:52 - Nov 4 with 707 viewsDewi1jack

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 14:07 - Nov 4 by Starsky

Steven Caulker is to Premier league relegation what Stephen Dobbie is to Wembley playoffs.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 14:11]

Caulks helps keep decent teams in the PL
It's just sh1te football teams he doesn't like.
Pity Spurs put such a high valuation on him. Sort of ruined his career early on
Our inbred cousins, about 45 miles East of a proper club, were the only ones daft enough to pay it. Same with Cornelius.
Both them and QPHaha (the Cardiff of England!!!) deserve to head for L2 for the sheer amount of money they've both wasted trying to get to and stay in the Prem

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 15:15 - Nov 4 with 669 viewsPegojack

Whilst I'm delighted with the start we've made, we shouldn't get too carried away at this stage of the season and start looking down with pity. A few bad results and it could be us looking up.

Admittedly we're a tough team to beat now, but I think our squad is far too thin on midfield quality, and one or two more unfortunate suspensions or injuries and we could find oursleves struggling. I think the absence of Shelvey and no quality replacement will see us struggle on Sunday.

My other gripe, looking at things longer term, is that old chestnut, ground capacity. We need to get on with it now, to get our capacity up to somewhere that makes our Premiership status look sustainable. 25k absolute minimum, and 30k would be better in the medium term. Lets get those future Jacks into seats now, get them infected with the lifelong illness!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 15:16]
Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 15:40 - Nov 4 with 633 viewsperchrockjack

agreed Hereford but we ve not hit our stride as yet and finished several games with ten men .
When we do, some team will get destroyed

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 16:02 - Nov 4 with 592 viewsSenhin

Bottom 3 in Prem are last years promoted teams on 15:15 - Nov 4 by Pegojack

Whilst I'm delighted with the start we've made, we shouldn't get too carried away at this stage of the season and start looking down with pity. A few bad results and it could be us looking up.

Admittedly we're a tough team to beat now, but I think our squad is far too thin on midfield quality, and one or two more unfortunate suspensions or injuries and we could find oursleves struggling. I think the absence of Shelvey and no quality replacement will see us struggle on Sunday.

My other gripe, looking at things longer term, is that old chestnut, ground capacity. We need to get on with it now, to get our capacity up to somewhere that makes our Premiership status look sustainable. 25k absolute minimum, and 30k would be better in the medium term. Lets get those future Jacks into seats now, get them infected with the lifelong illness!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 15:16]

Aye, and have most on here calling them glory hunters because they only showed up in the prem

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024