Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting offer by the club 16:54 - Nov 24 with 2379 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Only available to full time students of Swansea University.

Buy a ticket to see Jack to a King at the University Taliesin arts centre for £20 and get a ticket to see the Swans V QPR included in the price.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interesting offer by the club on 17:24 - Nov 24 with 2279 viewsskippyjack

These youngsters might actually get an education then!... by showing how you can make it big.. while doing the right thing.. they won't take it in though.. 'it's just a game.. init' 'where is the food place'... 'excellent story..but football isn't a business is it'.. I can hear the students now.. bickering away with all their f*cking stupid comments.. while laying down.. shaking my f*cking head... 'This football lark is exspensive ain't it.. £20'.. wouldn't surprise me if he's studying to be an accountant or something similar.. I've heard some f*cking belters by them.. they're going into University too soon.. f*cking youngsters these days.. give me a job ffs.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Interesting offer by the club on 05:29 - Nov 25 with 1882 viewsSlugster664

Interesting offer by the club on 17:24 - Nov 24 by skippyjack

These youngsters might actually get an education then!... by showing how you can make it big.. while doing the right thing.. they won't take it in though.. 'it's just a game.. init' 'where is the food place'... 'excellent story..but football isn't a business is it'.. I can hear the students now.. bickering away with all their f*cking stupid comments.. while laying down.. shaking my f*cking head... 'This football lark is exspensive ain't it.. £20'.. wouldn't surprise me if he's studying to be an accountant or something similar.. I've heard some f*cking belters by them.. they're going into University too soon.. f*cking youngsters these days.. give me a job ffs.

WTF is that all about?!!!

STID

Interesting offer by the club on 06:25 - Nov 25 with 1853 viewssomersetsimon

University students seem an odd bunch to target for new fans. An 18 year old interested in football is likely to already be a fan of another club and isn't likely to switch allegiance to the Swans. They might well come to a few games in the time they are here, but we are already selling out anyway.
It would be much more sensible to go for the schoolkids who could end up being longer term fans and will be the ones who will fill the larger capacity stadium in the future.
Interesting offer by the club on 08:20 - Nov 25 with 1749 viewsreddythered

Interesting offer by the club on 05:29 - Nov 25 by Slugster664

WTF is that all about?!!!

Load of crap by the looks of it.

As said, university students entirely the wrong market. No dubt someone in the commercial department has thought "hmm, future disposable income", but seriously?

How manu uni students will remain in the locality after graduating? Some but not a massively high amount. Most will already support teams - and quite frankly anyone changing allegiance due to this offer is hardly a "fan" who will be there should things go wrong.

As stated, schools would have been a far bettr choice.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Interesting offer by the club on 08:22 - Nov 25 with 1746 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting offer by the club on 08:20 - Nov 25 by reddythered

As said, university students entirely the wrong market. No dubt someone in the commercial department has thought "hmm, future disposable income", but seriously?

How manu uni students will remain in the locality after graduating? Some but not a massively high amount. Most will already support teams - and quite frankly anyone changing allegiance due to this offer is hardly a "fan" who will be there should things go wrong.

"How manu uni students will remain in the locality after graduating"

Loads in Swansea. Used to take dozens of claims from ex-students who chose to stay in the area after finishing Uni every summer, and I was just one of five or six doing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interesting offer by the club on 09:31 - Nov 25 with 1656 viewsStarsky

He was referring to Skippys latest tedious rant

It's just the internet, init.

Interesting offer by the club on 10:24 - Nov 25 with 1573 viewsPegojack

Interesting offer by the club on 17:24 - Nov 24 by skippyjack

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KLktmrWHRUzVoA._pNBQx.;_yl
Interesting offer by the club on 10:25 - Nov 25 with 1570 viewsMagic_Michu

Swansea has one of the highest, if not the highest, 'staying on' rate of any University in the UK. So lots of these students may be around for the foreseeable future.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting offer by the club on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 1562 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't think this amounts to a lot but is another example of the growing links between the University and the Swans.
The main one, of course, being the Fairwood development.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interesting offer by the club on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 1562 viewsLohengrin

Given that most games are a complete sell-out does this mean there will hardly any tickets at all going on general sale for the QPR game?

Initiatives like this are a good thing but wait until the up-grade when there are more seats available for crying out loud.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Interesting offer by the club on 10:32 - Nov 25 with 1553 viewsPhil_S

Interesting offer by the club on 10:29 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

Given that most games are a complete sell-out does this mean there will hardly any tickets at all going on general sale for the QPR game?

Initiatives like this are a good thing but wait until the up-grade when there are more seats available for crying out loud.

Given the fact that the QPR game is one week tonight and unlikely to be a sell out then this is one of the few games in a season where any incentives can actually be offered

Tickets have been on sale for several weeks I would imagine given the close proximity of the game
Interesting offer by the club on 10:47 - Nov 25 with 1517 viewsDrWig

There are far more 'stay at home' students across the UK due to the high cost of fees plus accommodation. A fair number of people also stay on in the area they study. I would guess somewhere between 30-50% of graduates will remain in the catchment area. Certainly I know of several Swansea graduates who are still in South Wales. I did my first degree in London and stayed there for a couple of years afterwards

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Interesting offer by the club on 11:44 - Nov 25 with 1471 viewsGlyn1

If you're going to watch the film then you are already a Swans fan. From another perspective it's 'buy a match ticket for £20 and watch a film as well' - do students get any discounts normally and how does this compare? I don't know if this is a good or bad idea but it's good to see our marketing department trying different things.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Interesting offer by the club on 11:58 - Nov 25 with 1454 viewsLeonisGod

I don't know - look at our ex-WUM DYSS - he'd been turned Man U red through and through. So some might stick. Although yes, schools would be better - along with a better pricing policy for kids to attend league games (not cup, as these are often very well priced already).
Interesting offer by the club on 12:07 - Nov 25 with 1437 viewsLohengrin

Interesting offer by the club on 10:32 - Nov 25 by Phil_S

Given the fact that the QPR game is one week tonight and unlikely to be a sell out then this is one of the few games in a season where any incentives can actually be offered

Tickets have been on sale for several weeks I would imagine given the close proximity of the game

Or is there a block of tickets permanently set aside for promotions, sponsors etc...?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Interesting offer by the club on 12:29 - Nov 25 with 1397 viewswestside

Interesting offer by the club on 06:25 - Nov 25 by somersetsimon

University students seem an odd bunch to target for new fans. An 18 year old interested in football is likely to already be a fan of another club and isn't likely to switch allegiance to the Swans. They might well come to a few games in the time they are here, but we are already selling out anyway.
It would be much more sensible to go for the schoolkids who could end up being longer term fans and will be the ones who will fill the larger capacity stadium in the future.

qpr is a tuesday night game so maybe it's not ideal for a promotion for schoolkids as they have school in the morning etc
Interesting offer by the club on 12:40 - Nov 25 with 1377 viewsjacabertawe

Interesting offer by the club on 10:25 - Nov 25 by Magic_Michu

Swansea has one of the highest, if not the highest, 'staying on' rate of any University in the UK. So lots of these students may be around for the foreseeable future.

Very true. My wife is one of a number I know who attended Swansea Uni and decided (quite rightly) that this is a terrific place to live and work.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Interesting offer by the club on 13:08 - Nov 25 with 1320 viewsJBT95

Interesting offer by the club on 06:25 - Nov 25 by somersetsimon

I thought Swansea had the highest rate of stay home students?
Interesting offer by the club on 13:37 - Nov 25 with 1269 viewsscottishjack

Aren't we building links with the University? I thought Fairwood was part of a joint venture as well?

Anyway, 2 quick points...

1. A large amount of students took up the offers for our Europa matches last season and I knew a few who come back for a match if they can.

2. If it means a full house against QPR then I am all for it.
Interesting offer by the club on 14:30 - Nov 25 with 1226 viewsScoobyWho

Interesting offer by the club on 10:32 - Nov 25 by Phil_S

If we can sell out to Leicester when its on sky tv and the rugby is on we can sell out to QPR on a Tuesday night ----> easily.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 14:31]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024