Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever 09:00 - Nov 20 with 3517 viewsepaul

http://plymouth.tab.co.uk/2014/11/18/swansea-worst-hometown-ever/

Personally, the cheeky f*cker, yes every town has it's problems, but doesnt have the beauty and majesty that is Gower and the mumbles
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 9:34]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:05 - Nov 20 with 2835 viewsUxbridge

Yeah, I was an opinionated arse when I was a student too.

Leave it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:13 - Nov 20 with 2813 viewsperchrockjack

... a good topic to avoid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:31 - Nov 20 with 2793 viewsdickythorpe

Mumblesi - Russia or India?
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:34 - Nov 20 with 2783 viewsepaul

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:31 - Nov 20 by dickythorpe

Mumblesi - Russia or India?

Doh!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:40 - Nov 20 with 2769 viewslifelong

I love it here.
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:50 - Nov 20 with 2754 viewsUxbridge

I think it was the Plymouth thing that made me laugh the most. I've been to Plymouth.

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:02 - Nov 20 with 2728 viewsPonderosa

It might be a sh*thole, but its our sh*thole

F*ck off Plymouth

Bring The Missus

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 2695 viewsWarwickHunt

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:50 - Nov 20 by Uxbridge

I think it was the Plymouth thing that made me laugh the most. I've been to Plymouth.

Ironically, two very similar cities in many ways.

'Er indoors is from there.
Login to get fewer ads

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:46 - Nov 20 with 2659 viewsPonderosa

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:22 - Nov 20 by WarwickHunt

YKTR

Bring The Missus

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:52 - Nov 20 with 2652 viewsUxbridge

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:22 - Nov 20 by WarwickHunt

That is true, although Cornwall's a little further away from there than Gower is from here.

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 11:54 - Nov 20 with 2563 viewsskippyjack

She says it's full of alcoholics and drug addicts.. look no further than Dylan Thomas.. who she mentioned as a great 'mind'.. what are they telling students these days.. f*cking this country is being run by this lot ffs.. they can keep their skills.. Jesus Christ.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 12:33 - Nov 20 with 2513 viewsepaul

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:52 - Nov 20 by Uxbridge

That is true, although Cornwall's a little further away from there than Gower is from here.

I was based in Plymouth for a few years, he's got no righyt slagging Swansea coming from there!. Cornwall is lovely, I served on HMS Cornwall, we had our commissioning in Falmouth, that was a riot

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:09 - Nov 20 with 2463 viewsItchySphincter

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 12:33 - Nov 20 by epaul

I was based in Plymouth for a few years, he's got no righyt slagging Swansea coming from there!. Cornwall is lovely, I served on HMS Cornwall, we had our commissioning in Falmouth, that was a riot

I thought it was written by a Swansea girl. Read the comments, good value.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:25 - Nov 20 with 2438 viewsScotia

Two very similar cities. I did part of a degree in Plymouth, whilst she is talking a lot of guff. I do think Plymouth shades it.
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:39 - Nov 20 with 2421 viewsskippyjack

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:25 - Nov 20 by Scotia

Two very similar cities. I did part of a degree in Plymouth, whilst she is talking a lot of guff. I do think Plymouth shades it.

Just read them comments.. let it all sink in.. they're my future.. yep.. them lot.. they're going to be making vital decisions about the future state of the South Wales region.. wish me luck lads.. it's going to be a bumpy ride ... #unskilled.. f*ck me these kids today

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 14:46 - Nov 20 with 2374 viewsMrSwan

No better and no worse than any other small town or city the whole of the UK is a shit heap.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 15:00 - Nov 20 with 2358 viewsQuakerJack

Plymouth. It's just Swansea but in league two rather than the premier league.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 15:13 - Nov 20 with 2330 viewsLord_Bony

F*ck me! one of the worse places I've been to is Plymouth on the weekend...went there for a match once..full of pis shears and drunken sailors fighting and brawling down by the seafront,windows being put in..the lot ..never seen that in swansea.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 15:21 - Nov 20 with 2315 viewsacejack3065

For most students "The Tab" is an outlet of derision and ridicule so I wouldn't worry. The only people who ever paid any attention to it or took it seriously were the w*nker students trying to be witty and banterish.

I remember The Tab trying to cause outrage at animal testing in Cardiff uni, only to be bitchslapped into place by lecturers and students alike for their obvious lack of knowledge on the subject.

I'd pay no attention to it.
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 15:25 - Nov 20 with 2307 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 09:50 - Nov 20 by Uxbridge

Right about the Plymouth thing bit she has got a point about the rest though. But she's right about the Thatcher comment too. When a once thriving port and industrial centre has all that taken away and then is slowly strangled by a criminal lack of investment and job opportunities of course a place is going to rot and drugs etc are going to take over.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 16:03 - Nov 20 with 2262 viewsUxbridge

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 15:25 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Right about the Plymouth thing bit she has got a point about the rest though. But she's right about the Thatcher comment too. When a once thriving port and industrial centre has all that taken away and then is slowly strangled by a criminal lack of investment and job opportunities of course a place is going to rot and drugs etc are going to take over.

I don't recognise the Swansea she describes. Well, actually, I do if you ignore everything that's good about the place. Which, coincidentally, could describe every town on these islands too.

It was a flawed set of scribbles from someone pandering to whoever people of that ilk pander to these days.

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 16:31 - Nov 20 with 2238 viewsskippyjack

Wannabe journalist attacks city shocker.. people of city respond and attacks journalist.. it's not as if she's aiming for attention...

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:37 - Nov 26 with 1990 viewsQuakerJack

some former resident is at it up here now in boro... using the same site... the locals are gathering their weapons as we speak

http://northumbria.tab.co.uk/2014/11/24/middlesbrough-worst-hometown/

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 13:43 - Nov 26 with 1980 viewsrobbeh

This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 10:02 - Nov 20 by Ponderosa

It might be a sh*thole, but its our sh*thole

F*ck off Plymouth

I've always said Swansea would be the perfect place to live if it sorted 3 things out :

1) The weather

2) The minority of drugged up idiots

3) Opportunties/jobs in the area
This'll cause a debate : Swansea: The worst hometown ever on 14:03 - Nov 26 with 1946 viewsperchrockjack

Any inner London towns in this list .

Swansea has GOWER as a release whereas Middlesborough has the North Yorks Moors which are magnificent. Plenty of leafy Suburbs too in Boro so its not all black as they make out/.

Personally, I d have thought any of the inner London crapholes would win hands down but there again its the done thing to hammer places like Wales and the North.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024