Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just over a week to go until the General Election 14:31 - Apr 29 with 12763 viewsCopperJack

Wondering how people on here feel about a Labour government propped up by the SNP?

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:33 - Apr 29 with 2571 viewsmacthejack

Same sh*t different toilet.
Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:35 - Apr 29 with 2569 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:33 - Apr 29 by macthejack

Same sh*t different toilet.

Really? You don't find their policies on limitless borrowing and removing our nuclear deterrent utterly terrifying? Not to mention the fact that they will look to squeeze even more money north of the border when they already get more than the rest of the UK. Not the same I'm afraid, very very different.

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:43 - Apr 29 with 2547 viewsPegojack

What, like the Tory government have been propped up by the Lib Dems for the past five years, you mean?
Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:54 - Apr 29 with 2541 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:43 - Apr 29 by Pegojack

What, like the Tory government have been propped up by the Lib Dems for the past five years, you mean?

Yeah, like that. But, in their defence, our economy is recovering and they haven't tried to abolish our sole nuclear deterrent at a time when belligerent countries are getting increasingly hostile. Not to mention neither of those parties are formed with the sole intention of breaking up the country.

As south Wales is a Labour stronghold, I'm just curious if it would make any difference to people's voting pattern or do they not care/pleased with SNP involvement in the government

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:21 - Apr 29 with 2511 viewsCooperman

I've not seen an opinion poll for days; what are they predicting?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:21 - Apr 29 with 2511 viewsPegojack

I think yours is what is known as a 'straw man' argument. To begin with, I don't think either party is advocating 'limitless' borrowing, you are just trotting out Tory party propaganda there. Also, whilst the SNP do advocate scrapping Trident (a policy which I personally agree with), since they would be very much the junior partner in any formal or infomal alliance with Labour, I can't see them getting that forced through, can you?
Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:39 - Apr 29 with 2489 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:21 - Apr 29 by Pegojack

I think yours is what is known as a 'straw man' argument. To begin with, I don't think either party is advocating 'limitless' borrowing, you are just trotting out Tory party propaganda there. Also, whilst the SNP do advocate scrapping Trident (a policy which I personally agree with), since they would be very much the junior partner in any formal or infomal alliance with Labour, I can't see them getting that forced through, can you?

I refute that, I'm calling it as I see it. Well, Labour's economic policy of borrowing and lack of fiscal regulation of the banking sector helped get us into the current predicament. Whilst I don't think Labour would be eager to repeat such catastrophic errors, the SNP have little to lose and a lot to gain. When the referendum came about, they discussed many times the possibility of walking away from the debt, so what difference does it make to them if we get into Greece-style debt considering they refuse to rule out another referendum? Or, in the case of Quebec, the 'neverendum'.

I personally don't agree with scrapping Trident when we have increasing hostility in Eastern Europe and this is our own defence against such an attack, and, to address your final point, the whole point of a minority government is that you have to make concessions for them to vote for your policies. The SNP have said that Trident is a 'red line' for them, as in, if you don't agree to scrap it, we won't vote for your policies. Then we're back to square one and another hung parliament. I wouldn't be surprised if another Genera Election quickly followed like the 70s myself, but time will tell. As Salmond said (not the Tories, but Salmond himself), if you hold the balance, you hold the power.

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:40 - Apr 29 with 2487 viewsorion3016

No no no

We will become a defenceless 3rd world country managed by a Scotland with a puppet prime minister

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:46 - Apr 29 with 2476 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:21 - Apr 29 by Cooperman

I've not seen an opinion poll for days; what are they predicting?

Same pretty much, hung parliament, with anybody's guesses who will form the coalition/minority government. Not sure if Conservatives/UKIP/Lib Dem would have enough, even if they did manage to get the support of the DUP.

No Labour/SNP coalition Miliband has said, but fail to see how he could govern without them.

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:04 - Apr 29 with 2461 viewsmonmouth

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 15:35 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

Really? You don't find their policies on limitless borrowing and removing our nuclear deterrent utterly terrifying? Not to mention the fact that they will look to squeeze even more money north of the border when they already get more than the rest of the UK. Not the same I'm afraid, very very different.

really need to leave the daily mail and the torygraph alone mate. I've no love for any of them but the only 'terrifying' thing is an overall majority of Cameron's arseholes or another 5 years of the tossers 'propped up' by the liberals.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:05 - Apr 29 with 2461 viewsCottsy

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:39 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

I refute that, I'm calling it as I see it. Well, Labour's economic policy of borrowing and lack of fiscal regulation of the banking sector helped get us into the current predicament. Whilst I don't think Labour would be eager to repeat such catastrophic errors, the SNP have little to lose and a lot to gain. When the referendum came about, they discussed many times the possibility of walking away from the debt, so what difference does it make to them if we get into Greece-style debt considering they refuse to rule out another referendum? Or, in the case of Quebec, the 'neverendum'.

I personally don't agree with scrapping Trident when we have increasing hostility in Eastern Europe and this is our own defence against such an attack, and, to address your final point, the whole point of a minority government is that you have to make concessions for them to vote for your policies. The SNP have said that Trident is a 'red line' for them, as in, if you don't agree to scrap it, we won't vote for your policies. Then we're back to square one and another hung parliament. I wouldn't be surprised if another Genera Election quickly followed like the 70s myself, but time will tell. As Salmond said (not the Tories, but Salmond himself), if you hold the balance, you hold the power.

" Labour's economic policy of borrowing and lack of fiscal regulation of the banking sector helped get us into the current predicament."

Let's not forget that the Tories not only supported the deregulation, they were calling for even less regulation for the banks right up until the crash in 2008.

As for Trident, the SNP would have no power in making a minority Labour government scrap it because Labour wouldn't need to rely on them to get it through parliament. Labour would hold the power then as the SNP would still have to support them in confidence votes or commit suicide north of the border and let a Tory government in.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:06 - Apr 29 with 2454 viewsunion_jack

I think it is a sad indictment of our electoral system that a major party has to look towards a minority and regional party to get the majority needed.

The woman and the party shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the left hand side of the House, ever!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:23 - Apr 29 with 2420 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 16:40 - Apr 29 by orion3016

No no no

We will become a defenceless 3rd world country managed by a Scotland with a puppet prime minister

Blooming heck. Do people really believe this tripe?

Poll: Tory leader

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:32 - Apr 29 with 2408 viewsmonmouth

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:23 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Blooming heck. Do people really believe this tripe?

Sadly a lot will, but it won't change their vote, as they are already brainless cabbages. The level of sh1te that passes for political debate in this country though is utterly shameful, or maybe utterly shameless.

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:52 - Apr 29 with 2391 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:32 - Apr 29 by monmouth

Sadly a lot will, but it won't change their vote, as they are already brainless cabbages. The level of sh1te that passes for political debate in this country though is utterly shameful, or maybe utterly shameless.

That I do agree with. I'm not pro-Tory, tbh with 8 days to go I'm still undecided, I just think Labour have made a travesty of running Wales and I don't think it's right that if you're a Labour MP in Wales, or an AM, it's a job for life because, as the old expression goes, you could put a red sash on a donkey and the people would still vote for it.

If they don't need to work for your vote, they won't try. Like I say, look what Labour has done to Wales (apart from Cardiff where they have spent a bucketload of money at the expense of the rest of Wales).

I wouldn't like to see Scottish nationalists calling the shots. In response to an earlier comment, I take your point about the Tories would support passing the Trident renewal, but, at the same time, if they say that is their red line, Ed and the gang passes it, and they may need to govern without the SNP, which I don't see how that's feasible myself.

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:56 - Apr 29 with 2381 viewsmonmouth

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:52 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

That I do agree with. I'm not pro-Tory, tbh with 8 days to go I'm still undecided, I just think Labour have made a travesty of running Wales and I don't think it's right that if you're a Labour MP in Wales, or an AM, it's a job for life because, as the old expression goes, you could put a red sash on a donkey and the people would still vote for it.

If they don't need to work for your vote, they won't try. Like I say, look what Labour has done to Wales (apart from Cardiff where they have spent a bucketload of money at the expense of the rest of Wales).

I wouldn't like to see Scottish nationalists calling the shots. In response to an earlier comment, I take your point about the Tories would support passing the Trident renewal, but, at the same time, if they say that is their red line, Ed and the gang passes it, and they may need to govern without the SNP, which I don't see how that's feasible myself.

I'd like to see complacent labour smashed to pieces in Wales and Jones run out of town, but that's a different election isn't it?

Edit...I'd also like to see Welsh MPs fighting for more money for Wales but that aint going to happen with any of the major parties that will toe the party line.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 17:58]

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:02 - Apr 29 with 2354 viewsexiledclaseboy

The only thing, and it really is the ONLY thing, that will bring to and end to the curse of hundreds of safe Labour and Tory seats across the country is a change to a properly representative voting system which means that the parties will have to fight tooth and nail for every vote because every vote will count.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 18:05]

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:02 - Apr 29 with 2365 viewsCopperJack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 17:56 - Apr 29 by monmouth

I'd like to see complacent labour smashed to pieces in Wales and Jones run out of town, but that's a different election isn't it?

Edit...I'd also like to see Welsh MPs fighting for more money for Wales but that aint going to happen with any of the major parties that will toe the party line.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 17:58]

Indeed. Shall I assume you'll be voting Labour of out curiosity? Really not sure which way to vote. The involvement of Scottish nationalists and the potential for them to call the shots in any informal coalition is really off-putting for me.

But like you say, I would love to see Welsh Labour removed from their position of perceived infallibility in Wales

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:09 - Apr 29 with 2350 viewsmonmouth

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:02 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

Indeed. Shall I assume you'll be voting Labour of out curiosity? Really not sure which way to vote. The involvement of Scottish nationalists and the potential for them to call the shots in any informal coalition is really off-putting for me.

But like you say, I would love to see Welsh Labour removed from their position of perceived infallibility in Wales

I think I've said before, I'm voting Plaid. They're sh1t but they're our sh1t.

It won't make a difference anyway, I'm getting a smarmy tory smeg. You could put a sheep up with a tory rosette here...etc etc. Clasie's right.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 18:14]

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:27 - Apr 29 with 2328 viewsunion_jack

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:02 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

The only thing, and it really is the ONLY thing, that will bring to and end to the curse of hundreds of safe Labour and Tory seats across the country is a change to a properly representative voting system which means that the parties will have to fight tooth and nail for every vote because every vote will count.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 18:05]

I agree with this but wouldn't that favour the Conservatives?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:35 - Apr 29 with 2316 viewsUxbridge

There are only two realistic proposals for a majority ... a Labour/SNP/Plaid type one, or a Tory/Lib/Ukip/DUP type one.

And people call the former scary. The latter frankly terrifies me.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday though. It has the potential to be epic.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:50 - Apr 29 with 2296 viewsLord_Bony

Feck em all the shower o shite...but I been thinking lately I ve always voted labour...maybe this time it will be Tory just to give Big Dave a chance to finish off his fiscal plans . He sounded convincing (abit) on radio 2 today,but I find it hard to forgive his foreign policy cock ups in Libya and Syria..Blair was even worse....hmm what to do.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 19:11 - Apr 29 with 2268 viewsacejack3065

Single transferable vote in every constituency. Rank candidates in order of preference. Fairest system possible without shattering traditional relationship between constituent and MP.
Just over a week to go until the General Election on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2258 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:50 - Apr 29 by Lord_Bony

Feck em all the shower o shite...but I been thinking lately I ve always voted labour...maybe this time it will be Tory just to give Big Dave a chance to finish off his fiscal plans . He sounded convincing (abit) on radio 2 today,but I find it hard to forgive his foreign policy cock ups in Libya and Syria..Blair was even worse....hmm what to do.

I'll prey for your soul tonight Lord Bony !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 19:49 - Apr 29 with 2217 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just over a week to go until the General Election on 18:27 - Apr 29 by union_jack

I agree with this but wouldn't that favour the Conservatives?

Not really. Although the current boundaries work against the Tories it doesn't follow that a change would benefit them more than any of the others. It'd make it nigh on impossible for any party to form a majority government again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024