Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread 22:30 - May 17 with 6475 viewsSgorioFruit

Come on Barrow!!!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 05:36 - May 18 with 3012 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Perfect time to give him the chance, that is for sure.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 06:20 - May 18 with 2988 viewsEdmundo

And Grimes......why not, nothing on the game now👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 07:17 - May 18 with 2925 viewsSgorioFruit

BUMP

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:04 - May 18 with 2841 viewsItchySphincter

It can't hurt, Nathan did look completely out of ideas against Man City.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:33 - May 18 with 2801 viewsmagicdaps10

100% Barrow should start and also as stated Grimes should be given a crack also.

Chance to give a couple of others like Kingsley,Hanley,Sheehan,Gorree a go. Wouldnt chuck them all off from the start but certainly a couple of debuts and at least a 20 mins run out would do no harm.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 10:35 - May 18 with 2679 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:33 - May 18 by magicdaps10

100% Barrow should start and also as stated Grimes should be given a crack also.

Chance to give a couple of others like Kingsley,Hanley,Sheehan,Gorree a go. Wouldnt chuck them all off from the start but certainly a couple of debuts and at least a 20 mins run out would do no harm.

Totally agree.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 10:56 - May 18 with 2646 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:04 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

It was frustrating him running up to kolarov, stopping then most of the time turning round. I know it's seen as an older style of play wingers getting to the by line but when Jeff is in full flow we don't half carve open some chances!
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 11:01 - May 18 with 2628 viewsJohnw102

Be a nice gesture to give Gerry some time on the pitch before he goes.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 11:23 - May 18 with 2588 viewsTrundle10

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 11:01 - May 18 by Johnw102

Be a nice gesture to give Gerry some time on the pitch before he goes.

Why? Would prefer he gave a young keeper some experience. Tremmel is a journyman pro.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:05 - May 18 with 2483 viewsJohnw102

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 11:23 - May 18 by Trundle10

Why? Would prefer he gave a young keeper some experience. Tremmel is a journyman pro.

Forgotten the League Cup win? Good games v Chelsea twice and at Liverpool. Thanks Gerry.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:10 - May 18 with 2464 viewsTrundle10

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:05 - May 18 by Johnw102

Forgotten the League Cup win? Good games v Chelsea twice and at Liverpool. Thanks Gerry.

Not forgoten no, hardly a club legend tho who "deserves" to milk the fans adulation by wasting a substitute appearance for.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:30 - May 18 with 2429 viewsshandyjack

If certainly include a handful of the u21's, Davies,Hanley,Grimes,Gorre,Fulton,Sheehan be it starting or on the bench

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:37 - May 18 with 2403 viewsDewi1jack

IMHO Nath has been 'out of sorts' for most of the season.
Just recently (last few games) we've seen brief flashes of what we know Nath can do, when he wants to.
Personally, I'd get rid of Nath in the summer and try and find another Jeff, Wayne or Mo type winger.
Unless there is some underlying reason the club know about Nath and why he has become a shadow of his former self.
Citey and many other defences this season, have looked like 'rabbits in the headlights' when Jeff, Mo or Wayne have been running at them.
Chambers is still having nightmares and comfort off his mummy, for the torment Jeff gave him.
Gibbs (who I didn't think was a slowcoach) now thinks he's a slow as a snail after Mo gave him a few yards head start before he torched him.
Wouldn't risk any of our players who are carrying bad knocks. Better to get them ready for pre season.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:39 - May 18 with 2395 viewsAustinIsOurHero

I definitely think Gorre, Kingsley & Grimes should be in the squad. Maybe even start one or two of them along side Barrow..

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:13 - May 18 with 2336 viewsThornburyswan

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 13:39 - May 18 by AustinIsOurHero

I definitely think Gorre, Kingsley & Grimes should be in the squad. Maybe even start one or two of them along side Barrow..

Personally & with 8th place sorted + no chance of 7th I'd be making wholesale changes to give Tremmel, Amat, Bartley, Grimes, Barrow, Leon & Tiendalli a start plus a few of the youngsters e.g. Gorre, Kingsley etc on the bench.

Before everyone has kittens about the travelling Jacks this, for me, is one of the very few chances to give players a game in the EPL where genuinely the result doesn't matter.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:17 - May 18 with 2325 viewsbuilthjack

I have been a big fan of Nathan , but have to say that he now needs to move on, have a few good years in the championship. A good servant, but if he stays he will not get many games next season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:26 - May 18 with 2313 viewssomersetsimon

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 08:33 - May 18 by magicdaps10

No need to go crazy - I still want us to win the game. Definitely Barrow to start. Grimes to start if Gylfi isn't 100% and Gorre to come on from the bench.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:27 - May 18 with 2311 viewsCooperman

My team for Palarse would be:

Tremble (assuming its adios after that)
Naughton, or Rangel, or then Jazz depending on fitness
FF
Captain of Wales
Taylor
Grimes
Ki or Cork
Barrow
Unbelievable Jeff
Jonjo
Bafe

With a bench of
Fabianski
Cork or Ki
Gylfi
One of the RB's
Bartley
AN Other youngster who can play wide
AN Other youngster who can play advanced

There is no need whatsoever to go nuts with kids, afterall you don't win anything with kids ;-) . I know there is no prize money up for grabs but the game still needs to be taken seriously in terms of the result and I'm sure that the majority of the travelling JA will agree with me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:54 - May 18 with 2281 viewsmacthejack

Why start Tremmel when Fab still has a very realistic shot at the golden glove?
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:14 - May 18 with 2242 viewsJBT95

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:27 - May 18 by Cooperman

My team for Palarse would be:

Tremble (assuming its adios after that)
Naughton, or Rangel, or then Jazz depending on fitness
FF
Captain of Wales
Taylor
Grimes
Ki or Cork
Barrow
Unbelievable Jeff
Jonjo
Bafe

With a bench of
Fabianski
Cork or Ki
Gylfi
One of the RB's
Bartley
AN Other youngster who can play wide
AN Other youngster who can play advanced

There is no need whatsoever to go nuts with kids, afterall you don't win anything with kids ;-) . I know there is no prize money up for grabs but the game still needs to be taken seriously in terms of the result and I'm sure that the majority of the travelling JA will agree with me.

Ki has undergone an operation, why he wasn't in the 18 yesterday and won't be next weekend.

GK whoever

Jazz
Bartley
FF
Taylor

Shelvey
Britton
Siggy

Montero
Barrow
Gomis

Bench
GK
Williams
Cork
Grimes
Fulton
Tiendalli
Dyer
[Post edited 18 May 2015 15:17]
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:42 - May 18 with 2190 viewsCooperman

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:54 - May 18 by macthejack

'Cos I'm sentimental and would like to see Gerhard get one last game. He did well for us in his time here and if Palace is his last opportunity then go for it as far as I'm concerned. Think of it as a Slippy G party but on a lesser scale.

I'm not sure Garry will see the selection dilema quite like this though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:43 - May 18 with 2187 viewsairedale

Jaz will have fun marking Bolasie, same with Neil regarding the bloke on the other side.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:47 - May 18 with 2172 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 14:54 - May 18 by macthejack

Exactly what I was going to post.

I'd start the same XI as we did on Sunday, with the exception of Barrow for Dyer.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:52 - May 18 with 2154 viewsscottishjack

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:47 - May 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Exactly what I was going to post.

I'd start the same XI as we did on Sunday, with the exception of Barrow for Dyer.

Forgot about the Golden Glove! That might put a different spin on it, but aside from that it's a match with nothing to lose or gain and I would like to see a couple of the younger players given a run out... Grimes, Barrow, King, Fulton, Gorre...there are a few who have been around the 1st team squad this year. The Under 21's have had a successful year and this would be a fantastic oppotunity/reward for their hard work.
Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 16:24 - May 18 with 2116 viewsDull1Thomas

Official Start Barrow Against Palace Thread on 15:52 - May 18 by scottishjack

Forgot about the Golden Glove! That might put a different spin on it, but aside from that it's a match with nothing to lose or gain and I would like to see a couple of the younger players given a run out... Grimes, Barrow, King, Fulton, Gorre...there are a few who have been around the 1st team squad this year. The Under 21's have had a successful year and this would be a fantastic oppotunity/reward for their hard work.

The Golden Glove really is important - we lost Vorm over the insensitive way news of Fab was announced and we will now be looking for a back up 'keeper as Tremmel won't be offered a new contract (I personally think we should hold on to him until another goalie has been signed.) So the opportunity for Fab to at least be in with a shout of golden glove is a mus or Roma could suddenly become very tempting. As a consequence we need to play a strong team and having seen the under 21s, I would only be inclined to play Grimes and then only as a very late sub. They have had a brilliant year in winning their league but it is the lowest professional division. While they can only do what they can within the division they won just half the league games they played.
As for Dyer, I'd start him - Barrow looked good in attack when he came on but did nothing in defence. By the time he was introduced the game was very open and Man City were leaving big space at the back. When Barrow has started he has not delivered.

Fab
Jazz (Rangel if fit)
FF
Robot
Taylor
Cork
Sig is Swan
Jonjo
Dyer
Montero
Gomis

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?