Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England 18:02 - Sep 3 with 2770 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/sep/02/england-team-pic

Seems to me like they finally gave in and picked JJS only because he's the "flashier" player. Not complaining because Jonjo's one of my favorite Swans, but Jack deserves a spot right next to him.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 18:10 - Sep 3 with 2735 viewsDarran

Purely from a selfish PoV I'm glad he's not in it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 18:17 - Sep 3 with 2706 viewssplJack

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 18:10 - Sep 3 by Darran

I agree. I would prefer if none of our players played international football.
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 18:32 - Sep 3 with 2655 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 18:10 - Sep 3 by Darran

Certainly agreed to an extent. In particular, I cringe every time Montero takes the pitch for Ecuador.

But it would seem to make it harder to continue to lure talented English players to the club if we are seen as a place where you'll get ignored by the national team.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 19:09 - Sep 3 with 2542 viewsHidden_Hand

Its not just a case of picking the most in form players though is it?

Thats a basic view to take.

The team have to be able to play together, different players have different attributes.

If England took that team they've named in the Guardian to Euro 16, they would struggle to win a game!

They struggle enough now
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 19:10]
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 2331 viewsItchySphincter

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 19:09 - Sep 3 by Hidden_Hand

Its not just a case of picking the most in form players though is it?

Thats a basic view to take.

The team have to be able to play together, different players have different attributes.

If England took that team they've named in the Guardian to Euro 16, they would struggle to win a game!

They struggle enough now
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 19:10]

So an in form Cork alongside an in form Jonjo would weaken a crap England side then? Righto.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 2310 viewsHidden_Hand

Who said that?
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:34 - Sep 3 with 2292 viewswaynekerr55

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:15 - Sep 3 by ItchySphincter

So an in form Cork alongside an in form Jonjo would weaken a crap England side then? Righto.

Yeah. Let's play Phil Jones out of position even though he's got the touch of the lovechild of Harold Shipman and Josef Fritzl

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:50 - Sep 3 with 2249 viewsGlyn1

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:15 - Sep 3 by ItchySphincter

Shelvey isn't even the first choice for Swansea - that would be Ki - so it's a strange one and shows how far we've progressed as a club.

Cork has been immense so far.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:54 - Sep 3 with 2224 viewsItchySphincter

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:50 - Sep 3 by Glyn1

Shelvey isn't even the first choice for Swansea - that would be Ki - so it's a strange one and shows how far we've progressed as a club.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:58 - Sep 3 with 2215 viewsSwansNZ

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 21:50 - Sep 3 by Glyn1

Shelvey not first choice

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 2088 viewsjasper_T

Garry would sooner bring Michu back than drop Jonjo.
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:07 - Sep 4 with 1657 viewsGlyn1

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 22:52 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Garry would sooner bring Michu back than drop Jonjo.

So you'd choose him instead of Ki?

Cork is a must to start every game, so it has to be one or the other.

It's a nice problem to have.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:13 - Sep 4 with 1644 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:07 - Sep 4 by Glyn1

Cork wasn't a must to start at Chelsea.

I think Cork, Ki, Siggy, and Jonjo will all take turns on the bench at times this season, assuming they all stay healthy in any case.

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 1614 viewsUxbridge

You might want to tell Monk that. I'd be shocked if Shelvey is dropped anytime soon ... far more likely the best player from South Korea or Iceland would be .... which again shows how far we've come.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:58 - Sep 4 with 1591 viewsjasper_T

The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 15:07 - Sep 4 by Glyn1

Personally I would have dropped Shelvey back when he was shit and never looked back. Garry's a bit smarter than me, though.

Cork makes whoever he plays with better (by giving them more freedom), but we weren't half bad this time last year with Ki and Jonjo holding the midfield together. Some sensible rotation throughout the season to keep them all fresh wouldn't hurt us at all.
The Guardian shows that Cork is getting the shaft from England on 19:52 - Sep 4 with 1406 viewsjack247

You have been watching this season, right Glyn?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024