Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ 16:56 - Feb 10 with 733 viewssully49

What should the set up for the Southampton match? To kick it off IMHO the preferred starter's are.
LF
AR JA AW NT

(MB) GS AA LB (JM)

BG
My reasoning is thus, AR and NT tried all afternoon against Palace attacking both flanks, with arguably a variety of success.
The clincher for me is when Barrow came on and had an immediate impact on the game, more of the same please. Gomis for me as a starter mainly from the fact he's our top goal scorer and because my jury is out in regards to AP.
With an attacking midfield it will give us the ammo needed to hopefully create more chances than we currently do.
However, my biggest concern is our complete inability to defend set plays, it's because of a lack of confidence, but we can help in this, we need to sing louder, clap harder and do anything to get behind OUR team his where we can from now until the end of the season.
Get Peter Crouch on loan asap

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:00 - Feb 10 with 732 viewsjack247

Id stick as we are. Yes it's boring, but we compete in every game and draws with the odd win will be enough to keep us up.

I'd rather we keeo it tight and try to reintroduce a bit more flair in pre season, or when we are pretty sure we are staying up.
To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:12 - Feb 10 with 707 viewsJackanapes

The most logical way to continue Scruffyjacks thread would be to post in it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 680 viewsA_Fans_Dad

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:12 - Feb 10 by Jackanapes

The most logical way to continue Scruffyjacks thread would be to post in it.

Except this is specifically for the Soton match, rather than a long term policy.

I would not mind staying with what we have been doing, but bring on Barrow & Montero much earlier to take advantage of tiring defenders.
Maybe give Fer a tryout if the Don thinks he is up to it.

I definitely would not use Gomis instead of AP.
To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:31 - Feb 10 with 680 viewssully49

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:00 - Feb 10 by jack247

Id stick as we are. Yes it's boring, but we compete in every game and draws with the odd win will be enough to keep us up.

I'd rather we keeo it tight and try to reintroduce a bit more flair in pre season, or when we are pretty sure we are staying up.

I know we have had some success in recent weeks but for the life of me, why are so many of proven and decent players are on the bench every game? Barrow brought the game alive when he came on and deserves a start. JM invariably takes 2 men to cover him.
We certainly need 10 men behind the ball at every corner and also in the wall for free kick's. I would hope that they are addressing this issue in training? Does the old adage apply, the best form of defence is attack?
The next transfer window will be massive as we need to bring in a few players to enhace the squad in quite a few positions.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 17:32]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:35 - Feb 10 with 667 viewsKGriz16

why ditch the diamond? We're controlling matches since the Everton game, we need to learn to defend set pieces and convert more chances and we'd be golden, i dont think changing the diamond (which imo is working well) is worth it
To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:53 - Feb 10 with 651 viewsClinton

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:31 - Feb 10 by sully49

I know we have had some success in recent weeks but for the life of me, why are so many of proven and decent players are on the bench every game? Barrow brought the game alive when he came on and deserves a start. JM invariably takes 2 men to cover him.
We certainly need 10 men behind the ball at every corner and also in the wall for free kick's. I would hope that they are addressing this issue in training? Does the old adage apply, the best form of defence is attack?
The next transfer window will be massive as we need to bring in a few players to enhace the squad in quite a few positions.

"10 men behind the ball at every corner" !!

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 18:25 - Feb 10 with 619 viewsjack247

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 17:31 - Feb 10 by sully49

Neither of them are proven players. I appreciate what they both bring to the table though. Barrow has invariably looked better as an impact sub than when he starts and Montero is an absolute enigma. Of the two, I'd say Barrow suits a passing game better.

10 men behind the ball for corners is never going to happen unless we are hanging on in injury time. All it does is stops you clearing the ball properly and it keeps getting pumped back into the box until the opposition score or miss and we get a goal kick. That's why nobody does it.

I wouldn't say that old adage does apply to a team in a relegation scrap to be honest. It also utterly contradicts your point about defending corners.

I agree on the next transfer window, hopefully we will stay up and Guidollin will be able to mould us into the team he wants. Until then he has to make the best of what he has got.
To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 19:08 - Feb 10 with 590 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Curious why the OP is choosing Amat over Fernandez. Anybody else think Fed needs a seat on the bench?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

To continue Scruffyjack's post, ditch the diamond........ on 19:11 - Feb 10 with 581 viewsLeonisGod

I'd stay as we are even if it leaves us toothless upfront. But with Ki back in I'd move Ayew back up top. He's much more suited and is our top goal scorer, not Gomis (Siggy is ahead of Gomis). It would be nice to see Monterro make an appearance though at some point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024