Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Hillsborough verdict thread 22:32 - Apr 25 with 16184 viewsLoyal

Unlawful verdict killing expected on Tuesday afternoon now a majority verdict is agreed by the Coroner. Remember this is not a criminal verdict, but one of the balance of probability.

Other verdicts will also be revealed regards blame,

Including the police officers who saved lives on the day.

And those who are blamed for deaths.

The families will at last hear of the final verdicts from the depleted jury, quite rightly they get closure. And it's the families that matter most.

Your thoughts are welcome.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 22:48]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 22:48 - Apr 25 with 5811 viewsmorningstar

My thoughts are that no individual should take blame for what happened. It was a disaster waiting to happen. 80's football culture, drink fueled hysteria by many on the day, and the fact that the biggest mistake was made before any fans entered the city by not giving Liverpool the other end.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 22:53 - Apr 25 with 5795 viewsEdmundo

So many mistakes, so many lies and needless lives lost😯

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 23:12 - Apr 25 with 5766 viewsepaul

Awful it was, what certain elements of the press printed and said can never be forgiven. I just hope the families of those who were lost finally get some sort of closure and justice .

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:08 - Apr 26 with 5682 viewsLoyal

Jury reveal seven of them have reached majority verdicts as directed by the coroner.

These will be delivered at 11am this morning from Warrington, Cheshire.

The fall out from this will be massive regardless.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:34 - Apr 26 with 5657 views3swan

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 22:48 - Apr 25 by morningstar

My thoughts are that no individual should take blame for what happened. It was a disaster waiting to happen. 80's football culture, drink fueled hysteria by many on the day, and the fact that the biggest mistake was made before any fans entered the city by not giving Liverpool the other end.

Yes you saw similar things on a much smaller scale, and as you say a disaster waiting to happen.
I agree blame should not be given to an individual as many people will have looked back and regreted their actions that day
The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:45 - Apr 26 with 5648 viewsLoyal

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:34 - Apr 26 by 3swan

Yes you saw similar things on a much smaller scale, and as you say a disaster waiting to happen.
I agree blame should not be given to an individual as many people will have looked back and regreted their actions that day

My old man gives a scary account of Liverpool v Swansea in 1981 ish.
Says he and many others in the ground were terrified due to the crush in the away end. Apparently swans fans in the Kop scrapping and thousands outside.
Hard to imagine.
As many must recognise it was a disaster waiting to happen.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:52 - Apr 26 with 5637 views3swan

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:45 - Apr 26 by Loyal

Says he and many others in the ground were terrified due to the crush in the away end. Apparently swans fans in the Kop scrapping and thousands outside.
Hard to imagine.

Yes a crush inside and outside the ground.
Inside more and more being allowed in where there was no room.
Outside - Fans pushing from the back to get to the turnstiles. In the end horses used to split the queues.
The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 08:50 - Apr 26 with 5592 viewstrampie

I cant believe posters are saying no individuals should be held accountable, wasn't police statements amended ?, things left out ?, things put in ?, if so why ?, if not a cover up ?

Life being what it is, people in authority working for powerful people, what was Mrs Thatcher's role in it ?, was she Prime Minister at the time ?, I don't expect individuals will take the rap but that's not to say that nobody should take the rap.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:01 - Apr 26 with 5571 views3swan

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 08:50 - Apr 26 by trampie

I cant believe posters are saying no individuals should be held accountable, wasn't police statements amended ?, things left out ?, things put in ?, if so why ?, if not a cover up ?

Life being what it is, people in authority working for powerful people, what was Mrs Thatcher's role in it ?, was she Prime Minister at the time ?, I don't expect individuals will take the rap but that's not to say that nobody should take the rap.

I was posting on the events leading to the deaths.
Yes people should be held accountable for their actions in the time after.
The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:04 - Apr 26 with 5560 viewsLoyal

My understanding is the paperwork was amended and some excluded at the behest of lawyers after deciding certain detail wasn't required at the initial hearing. I genuinely believe the emergency services acted very bravely and professionally on the ground on the day and people need to put aside any agenda that clouds the outcome today.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:21 - Apr 26 with 5534 viewssherpajacob

For the cause of the deaths I think it would be wrong to hold individuals to blame.Read Nick Hornsby account in fever pitch it pretty much encapsulates my feelings on it.

For the cover up that followed, those responsible should have the book thrown at them and more. It unfortunately was a symptom of the time, post miners strike, battle of the beanfield etc where the police knew the government would back them no matter what and no.matter what the truth of the situation.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:26 - Apr 26 with 5532 viewstrampie

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:01 - Apr 26 by 3swan

I was posting on the events leading to the deaths.
Yes people should be held accountable for their actions in the time after.

Lots of people seem to think that people in senior positions made bad errors and that some sort of cover up was then instigated.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 5523 viewstrampie

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:04 - Apr 26 by Loyal

My understanding is the paperwork was amended and some excluded at the behest of lawyers after deciding certain detail wasn't required at the initial hearing. I genuinely believe the emergency services acted very bravely and professionally on the ground on the day and people need to put aside any agenda that clouds the outcome today.

Lawyers basically telling officers of the law to lie is it ?

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:32 - Apr 26 with 5511 viewstrampie

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:21 - Apr 26 by sherpajacob

For the cause of the deaths I think it would be wrong to hold individuals to blame.Read Nick Hornsby account in fever pitch it pretty much encapsulates my feelings on it.

For the cover up that followed, those responsible should have the book thrown at them and more. It unfortunately was a symptom of the time, post miners strike, battle of the beanfield etc where the police knew the government would back them no matter what and no.matter what the truth of the situation.

So I take it you think its wrong that people are sometimes found responsible for car accidents and workplace accidents then ?

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:33 - Apr 26 with 5466 viewspikeypaul

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 07:45 - Apr 26 by Loyal

Hard to imagine.

That was the most dangerous situation I've ever been in when attending a football match.

Hiw no one died I'll never know.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:51 - Apr 26 with 5435 viewsLoyal

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:29 - Apr 26 by trampie

Lawyers basically telling officers of the law to lie is it ?

No - amended paperwork as happens at all courts.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:53 - Apr 26 with 5430 viewssherpajacob

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 09:32 - Apr 26 by trampie

So I take it you think its wrong that people are sometimes found responsible for car accidents and workplace accidents then ?

No
Car and workplace accidents tend to not actually be accidents.
Hillsborough was an accident waiting to happen ( and had happened before at ibrox and bolton).
Read the Hillsborough chapter in fever pitch.
"Ultimately what was responsible was the way we watch football, among crowds that are way too big in grounds that are far too old"
"You can blame the police for opening the wrong gate at the wrong time, but in my opinion to do so would be to miss the point."

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:58 - Apr 26 with 5424 viewsblueytheblue

As an aside, the BBC could be held in contempt of court.

In their reporting on the news channel yesterday live outside the court the ticker part of the screen contained the verdicts before later being removed.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:58 - Apr 26 with 5424 viewsbuilthjack

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:33 - Apr 26 by pikeypaul

That was the most dangerous situation I've ever been in when attending a football match.

Hiw no one died I'll never know.

The bad old days of football. Most of us have been crushed against a barrier in the past, frightening.
Too many people in the ground at Hillsborough, lots to blame, including the Liverpool fans who got in without tickets. Awful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 5420 viewsLoyal

On a more important note.

Trevor Hicks arrives at the courtroom in Warrington.
Trevor Hicks, whose teenage daughters Sarah and Vicki died in the Hillsborough disaster, arrives at the inquests.

The jury will return their findings on 14 questions.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2016 11:07]

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:09 - Apr 26 with 5389 viewssherpajacob

BBC MOTD from the day.
he got a lot of stick at times, but Jimmy Hill was spot on.
As an aside it makes you realise how lightweight todays presenters and pundits are compared to Des Lynam and Jimmy Hill

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:14 - Apr 26 with 5378 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Unlawfully killed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:14 - Apr 26 with 5376 viewsLoyal

Jury returns UNLAWFUL KILLING 7/2 majority verdict.
The CPS should now pursue or consider a criminal trial.

Jury also state fans were not to blame. Wow ....

Update - SWFC staff and the club also at fault.
'May have caused or contributed to the disaster '

Any error or omission by south Yorks police and ambulance service in response ?
YES.
CONCLUDES ........
THOUGHTS ?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2016 11:23]

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 5352 viewsblueytheblue

That's a surprise.

There were definitely mistakes made that day. Duckenfield's actions definitely needed to be examined.

I'm sorry, but fans can't escape any criticism. Let's be honest - fans were cramming in, pushing forward to get to the front... did they intend people to die? Absolutely not. Were they determined to get to where they wanted to be without considering safety or anything else? Absolutely.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 5329 viewspencoedjack

The official Hillsborough verdict thread on 11:14 - Apr 26 by Loyal

Jury returns UNLAWFUL KILLING 7/2 majority verdict.
The CPS should now pursue or consider a criminal trial.

Jury also state fans were not to blame. Wow ....

Update - SWFC staff and the club also at fault.
'May have caused or contributed to the disaster '

Any error or omission by south Yorks police and ambulance service in response ?
YES.
CONCLUDES ........
THOUGHTS ?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2016 11:23]

Although I totally agree with the verdicts, saying that fans were not in anyway to blame is unbelievable.

Anyone who was around in the 80's will know that pissed up fans without tickets would regularly travel top away fixtures.

It was a disaster waiting to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024