Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO The Punk Rockers on here 08:55 - Aug 11 with 5157 viewsDarran

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-10/rebellion-festival-flag-descendents-disch

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 09:53 - Aug 11 with 4407 viewsDafyddHuw

When did Stiff Little Fingers become a punk band?
FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 10:40 - Aug 11 with 4391 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 09:53 - Aug 11 by DafyddHuw

Oh dear ....

About 1978 I would say.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 10:42]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 10:56 - Aug 11 with 4379 viewsraynor94

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 10:40 - Aug 11 by Loyal

Oh dear ....

About 1978 I would say.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 10:42]

Oh dear... indeed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 11:07 - Aug 11 with 4376 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

They are not punks, they are very naughty boys

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 11:48 - Aug 11 with 4357 viewsGretsch

" Not The Sex Pistols" Tribute followed by a Motorhead tribute in The Duke Neath on Saturday
FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 00:25 - Aug 12 with 4293 viewsDewi1jack

Dora's used to have some decent bands play there.

I joined up after spending the night down in Cardiff watching the Damned (yes I know, new wave!)
Also had hair in those days- bleached white with leopard spots, later the same with a green mohawk as whatever could go under the beret, was ok on Station.
Flight Luey made me get rid of it, otherwise I wouldn't get recommended for one of the postings I was after.

Still listen to a lot of punk, new wave and oi now.
Although the responsible adult isn't too keen!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 00:36 - Aug 12 with 4288 viewsLoyal

Damned are pure punk.

Best Welsh punk / Oi bands of serious longevity.

Partisans ( Bridgend ish )

Oppressed ( Cardiff )

Picture Frame Seduction ( Pembroke )

Foreign Legion ( Merthyr )

Yr Anhrefn ( Gogs )

Venom ( Swansea )

For me, these are proper. Everyone is different.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2016 0:49]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 02:38 - Aug 12 with 4254 viewsphact0rri

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 09:53 - Aug 11 by DafyddHuw

Well to be fair they started out as a cover band but they had a different name. But they were inspired by the punk rock coming out of London, and they are the inspiration of many punk rock bands that came after. they are pretty heavily ingrained in the history.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 00:35 - Aug 13 with 4174 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 02:38 - Aug 12 by phact0rri

Well to be fair they started out as a cover band but they had a different name. But they were inspired by the punk rock coming out of London, and they are the inspiration of many punk rock bands that came after. they are pretty heavily ingrained in the history.

Inflammable Material - end of chat.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 4081 viewsTNT

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 00:35 - Aug 13 by Loyal

One of my all time favourite albums - end of chat.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 4070 viewsLord_Bony

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 00:35 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Classic.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:49 - Aug 14 with 4053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These are still going I thnik

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:40 - Aug 15 with 3997 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:49 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

These are still going I thnik

There's fcking two of them ! 😂

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 02:50 - Aug 16 with 3961 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 22:40 - Aug 15 by Loyal

There's fcking two of them ! 😂

That's OK. 10cc have got only one left!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 08:57 - Aug 21 with 3875 viewstaffpunk

I went, it was a great 4 days with good friends from all over the world, including a large Welsh contingent. There's not just Punk bands there, you've got Ska, Reggae, Post-punk, Indie, New Wave, Hardcore and more...this years highlights for me included Dag Nasty, The Wall, The Damned, Peter Hook, Roughneck Riot, Cock Sparrer, Dirtbox Disco, Chelsea and many many more. Next gig for me is Poetic Justice and 3 others this Thursday in Cardiff, 4 bands for under a fiver, bargain.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 10:49 - Aug 21 with 3839 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 08:57 - Aug 21 by taffpunk

I went, it was a great 4 days with good friends from all over the world, including a large Welsh contingent. There's not just Punk bands there, you've got Ska, Reggae, Post-punk, Indie, New Wave, Hardcore and more...this years highlights for me included Dag Nasty, The Wall, The Damned, Peter Hook, Roughneck Riot, Cock Sparrer, Dirtbox Disco, Chelsea and many many more. Next gig for me is Poetic Justice and 3 others this Thursday in Cardiff, 4 bands for under a fiver, bargain.

Mine was going to be Blatoidea in Cardiff but the promoter has pulled it apparently.

Rebellion Festival - Don't knock it until you've tried it folks.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 10:53]

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 13:17 - Aug 21 with 3813 viewsLord_Bony

Nice to see Peter and the Test Tube Babies and Vice Squad still going.

Great vid behind the scenes.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 3738 viewsheadcleaner

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 10:49 - Aug 21 by Loyal

Mine was going to be Blatoidea in Cardiff but the promoter has pulled it apparently.

Rebellion Festival - Don't knock it until you've tried it folks.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 10:53]

there's a right handsome sod in this video at 2.33
FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 01:35 - Aug 24 with 3703 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 18:55 - Aug 23 by headcleaner

there's a right handsome sod in this video at 2.33

Well I never .......

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 08:50 - Oct 15 with 3478 viewstaffpunk

Lots of gigs coming up soon, UK Subs in both Cardiff and Swansea--the Cardiff one has great support from Cyanide Pills and Knock Off, 2 of the best newer bands around. Then there's Sham 69, The Damned, also the Hunt Sabs one in Bridgend with Conflict headlining. A 5 band bill at Buffalo Bar in Cardiff for a fiver next week or so. The Skids in the future at Bristol Fleece I fancy as well, not seen them since '79. I can't afford them all but will certainly be going to as many as I can, anyone on here attending any?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 14:17 - Oct 15 with 3428 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 08:50 - Oct 15 by taffpunk

Lots of gigs coming up soon, UK Subs in both Cardiff and Swansea--the Cardiff one has great support from Cyanide Pills and Knock Off, 2 of the best newer bands around. Then there's Sham 69, The Damned, also the Hunt Sabs one in Bridgend with Conflict headlining. A 5 band bill at Buffalo Bar in Cardiff for a fiver next week or so. The Skids in the future at Bristol Fleece I fancy as well, not seen them since '79. I can't afford them all but will certainly be going to as many as I can, anyone on here attending any?

Going to the punk fest in Bristol in Feb.
Eastfield, Geoffrey Oi Cott, PFS, Cydernide, Liberty and others.
Got some comps if you want your name on the door.
New PFS release party by all accounts.

The person who put on the last hunt sabs gig in Cardiff ripped off all the bands apparently, Conflict, Police Bastard, PFS, Pigs band etc all the big names pulled out for various reasons beforehand. Victoria Treen her name is, keep an eye out she is dangerous.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 14:43]

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 14:45 - Oct 15 with 3419 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 02:50 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

That's OK. 10cc have got only one left!

I meant two sham 69's 👍

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 18:27 - Nov 1 with 3324 viewstaffpunk

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 14:45 - Oct 15 by Loyal

I meant two sham 69's 👍

What a surprise, Conflict have pulled out of the Bridgend gig, why don't they just knock it on the head. Off to see Sham on Friday, wasn't going to bother, but got a freebie so why not. Will pass on the support band, but should still be a good night hopefully.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 23:50 - Nov 1 with 3274 viewsLoyal

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 18:27 - Nov 1 by taffpunk

What a surprise, Conflict have pulled out of the Bridgend gig, why don't they just knock it on the head. Off to see Sham on Friday, wasn't going to bother, but got a freebie so why not. Will pass on the support band, but should still be a good night hopefully.

Is the support FL ?
Conflict always pull out mate, it's what they do, however the funds went missing from the March gig in Cardiff so maybe distancing themselves.

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 07:50 - Nov 2 with 3247 viewstaffpunk

FAO The Punk Rockers on here on 23:50 - Nov 1 by Loyal

Is the support FL ?
Conflict always pull out mate, it's what they do, however the funds went missing from the March gig in Cardiff so maybe distancing themselves.

Yeah, Foreign Legion-not for me...Conflict pulled out twice at The Venue in Cardiff mid/late 80's/early 90's, they were surprised then when only 50 turned up when they actually had the decency to turn up! Ikons Of Filth have replaced them, but like FL, I'm not a fan.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 17:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024