Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adidas V Joma 21:02 - Dec 11 with 4885 viewsheadcleaner

Having always bought the kids the shirts with their names on every season since they were born as well as tracksuits and other club merch this is the first season neither want the new strip. they both asked why green and blue and not black and white.

Anyone know if the club has suffered commercially since ditching the black and white adidas stuff for the Blue and Green joma stuff? and is the away shirt part of the sponsorship deal with beteast? Surely it should be the sponsors falling in with the clubs identity and not the other way around??
Adidas V Joma on 21:08 - Dec 11 with 4207 viewsJBT95

If they kept selling the same stuff nobody would buy it.
Adidas V Joma on 21:10 - Dec 11 with 4195 viewsBournedore

All merchandise sales will dip if the team is struggling. If we were top of the league it'd be flying off the shelves....
Adidas V Joma on 21:12 - Dec 11 with 4174 viewsDarran

It does look a bit strange when the new kid signings walk out on the pitch dressed all in green.
It's weird as f*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adidas V Joma on 21:18 - Dec 11 with 4141 viewsItchySphincter

I don't think the point of the sponsor paying several millions is to fall in with the club's identity. Brands identify clubs which best associate with them, or in our case those who are cheap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adidas V Joma on 21:21 - Dec 11 with 4133 viewsheadcleaner

Adidas V Joma on 21:08 - Dec 11 by JBT95

yes they would. I bet year on year we sold more and more until this season. I wouldn't mind betting its gone well down this year.

How many families out there haven't bought any of the blue or green merch? The Adidas was slightly different each year and the kids still wanted it mainly because it was black and white

I don't like the blue but accept its the away strip etc etc but the green whats that all about. The copper stripes was a nice touch and unique but was green Dineens wifes favourite colour? or does it go with Huws eyes?
Adidas V Joma on 21:33 - Dec 11 with 4068 viewsDarran

Adidas V Joma on 21:21 - Dec 11 by headcleaner

yes they would. I bet year on year we sold more and more until this season. I wouldn't mind betting its gone well down this year.

How many families out there haven't bought any of the blue or green merch? The Adidas was slightly different each year and the kids still wanted it mainly because it was black and white

I don't like the blue but accept its the away strip etc etc but the green whats that all about. The copper stripes was a nice touch and unique but was green Dineens wifes favourite colour? or does it go with Huws eyes?

You're right about the colours it's weird.

Adidas V Joma on 21:40 - Dec 11 with 4034 viewsLeonWasGod

The 2 tone blue and white training tops are nice, the purple is very nice imo. Just ignore the green. Home kit is the best we've had since the centenary kit imo. Away kit is pretty good, kids seem to love it as you see more around of that top than any other we've had I reckon.
Adidas V Joma on 04:10 - Dec 12 with 3721 viewspencoedjack

Adidas V Joma on 21:08 - Dec 11 by JBT95

Well the OP has bought black and white swans stuff for years and I can imagine sales have grown each year.

Maybe Wales should start playing in pink hey
Login to get fewer ads

Adidas V Joma on 08:05 - Dec 12 with 3636 viewskarnataka

Adidas V Joma on 21:40 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

The 2 tone blue and white training tops are nice, the purple is very nice imo. Just ignore the green. Home kit is the best we've had since the centenary kit imo. Away kit is pretty good, kids seem to love it as you see more around of that top than any other we've had I reckon.

I've got a 2 tone blue away top and sometimes play in it on a Friday night and all the guys I play with have said it's the nicest Swans shirt they've seen since the classy centenary one.
Adidas V Joma on 08:36 - Dec 12 with 3588 viewsjacktar

Adidas V Joma on 21:21 - Dec 11 by headcleaner

Not so much the "colour of Huw's eyes" but the colour of his money.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Adidas V Joma on 20:50 - Dec 12 with 3365 viewsspiderboy

Adidas V Joma on 21:12 - Dec 11 by Darran

It does look a bit strange when the new kid signings walk out on the pitch dressed all in green.
It's weird as f*ck.

yeah,like the pitch,green! grass also looks weird as f||k in green!
Adidas V Joma on 21:17 - Dec 12 with 3304 viewsGeoffThom

Joma gear is vastly inferior to the adidas,my kids adidas washes well plus still looks good and is stronger material,the joma stuff is already looking ragid pulls in the tracksuit bottoms already plus tears easily,joma is Rubbish and as for the choice of colours somebody needs rogering !!!
The most annoying of all is they still charge a fortune for an inferior product
Adidas V Joma on 21:19 - Dec 12 with 3299 viewsDarran

Adidas V Joma on 21:17 - Dec 12 by GeoffThom

Joma gear is vastly inferior to the adidas,my kids adidas washes well plus still looks good and is stronger material,the joma stuff is already looking ragid pulls in the tracksuit bottoms already plus tears easily,joma is Rubbish and as for the choice of colours somebody needs rogering !!!

You've got kids?

Blimey!!!

Adidas V Joma on 21:27 - Dec 12 with 3287 viewsGeoffThom

Adidas V Joma on 21:19 - Dec 12 by Darran

You've got kids?

Blimey!!!

You want to elaborate teabag 👊🏻😤
Adidas V Joma on 21:28 - Dec 12 with 3279 viewsDarran

Adidas V Joma on 21:27 - Dec 12 by GeoffThom

You want to elaborate teabag 👊🏻😤

You've actually had a shag like?

Adidas V Joma on 21:32 - Dec 12 with 3269 viewsGeoffThom

Adidas V Joma on 21:28 - Dec 12 by Darran

You've actually had a shag like?

You wouldn't like it up you !! 😂😂😂😂😂 there again you probably would ,now feck off before I go over to neff and let your tyres down and leave you on the m4 twaaaaat
Adidas V Joma on 21:48 - Dec 12 with 3235 viewsSnackajack

Adidas V Joma on 21:17 - Dec 12 by GeoffThom

Totally disagree. We have top quality Joma gear which washes well and looks superb whereas other than in the centenary season, Adidas provided us with inferior quality off the shelf cheap material.
Adidas V Joma on 23:12 - Dec 12 with 3148 viewsmajorraglan

I like Adidas gear and I thought the Centenary kit was really good, but some of the Adidas kits were very similar and there's only so mamy variations of a theme you can do, which is why I think the copper coloured kit appeared. I can't comment about the quality of the current kits, but I think the white jersey looks really smart.
Adidas V Joma on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 3018 viewskarnataka

Adidas V Joma on 21:48 - Dec 12 by Snackajack

Totally disagree. We have top quality Joma gear which washes well and looks superb whereas other than in the centenary season, Adidas provided us with inferior quality off the shelf cheap material.

I'm inclined to agree. I've got several Adidas tops and the blue Joma one and I'd say the Joma one is better in almost every respect - detailing, stitching, colour, fit, shape and it washes better too. To say it's 'vastly inferior' is some way wide of the mark in my opinion.
Adidas V Joma on 17:01 - Dec 13 with 2946 viewsshandyjack

my kids love the new away ikit (won't get them white one as they stain the hell out of it). This home kit is best we've had for a long time, i buy them every year and this one is definately better quality thatn the adiddas one's

Poll: Expectation for the season

Adidas V Joma on 17:08 - Dec 13 with 2938 viewsProfessor

Adidas V Joma on 17:01 - Dec 13 by shandyjack

my kids love the new away ikit (won't get them white one as they stain the hell out of it). This home kit is best we've had for a long time, i buy them every year and this one is definately better quality thatn the adiddas one's

The problem is Addidas and Nike are seen as 'top' brands and also produce 'fashion' items. Don't get me wrong I have a non-swans Addidas Firebird Track Top which is great and like Addidas trainers. In reality Joma produce better sports gear. They produce the Spanish Olympic Team gear for example.

That said would have like Under Armour-really high quality stuff if rather pricy. Have a vintage DC comics cold gear hoody which is so much better quality than anything Nike or Addidas I have owned.
Adidas V Joma on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 2919 viewsFlashberryjack

Adidas V Joma on 17:01 - Dec 13 by shandyjack

The missus was down the club shop doing quite a bit of Christmas shopping today.
Bought the away kit (among other things) looks really smart to be fair.

And she said how friendly and helpful the lady serving her was, I've been critical of some of the staff there in the past, but well done to that member of the staff.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Adidas V Joma on 18:28 - Dec 13 with 2864 viewsEasternJack

F me, I've logged into mumsnet by mistake

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Adidas V Joma on 22:06 - Dec 13 with 2772 viewsjackrabbit

Adidas V Joma on 18:28 - Dec 13 by EasternJack

F me, I've logged into mumsnet by mistake

Adidas V Joma on 22:20 - Dec 13 with 2752 viewsblueytheblue

Adidas V Joma on 14:12 - Dec 13 by karnataka

I'm inclined to agree. I've got several Adidas tops and the blue Joma one and I'd say the Joma one is better in almost every respect - detailing, stitching, colour, fit, shape and it washes better too. To say it's 'vastly inferior' is some way wide of the mark in my opinion.

I'd disagree.

We had Joma in the past and it was utter crap, quality wise.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024