Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barca defender on the horizon? 21:14 - Dec 20 with 2007 viewsepaul

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-hoping-se

Swansea City hoping to secure a loan deal for Barcelona defender Aleix Vidal - reports
The Barca man has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp and the Swans are desperate to bolster their defensive options

SHARES
COMMENTS
BYANDREW GWILYM
16:57, 20 DEC 2016UPDATED16:57, 20 DEC 2016
SPORT

Aleix Vidal in action for Barcelona (Photo: Getty Images)
SHARES
Get Rugby updates directly to your inbox

Enter your email
+ Subscribe
Swansea City are making strides towards securing a loan deal for Barcelona defender Aleix Vidal, according to reports.

The right-back has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp and the Swans are looking to bolster their defensive options, having conceded the most goals in the Premier League this season.

They've let in 37 in total, and 25 of those have come in the 10 games since Bob Bradley succeeded Francesco Guidolin.

The summer sale of Ashley Williams has found Swansea exposed at the back and if they are to stand any hope of escaping the drop tightening up at the back has to be a priority.

Ashley Williams joined Everton last summer

Swansea’s American owners are ready to back manager Bob Bradley in January – after over two months of discussions over potential targets and acquiring a centre-half and a right-back is understood to be the number one goal during the window.

And ESPN have reported 27-year-old Vidal, who has made just 10 La Liga appearances since joining Barca last year, is in line for a possible loan move to the Liberty Stadium.

His only league outing this season came in a 2-1 home defeat to Alaves in September.

Swans boss Bob Bradley

Other players to be linked with the Swans include Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll – with the Welsh club hoping to seal a permanent deal for the former loanee for a fee of around £4million – Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa and PSV Eindhoven winger Luciano Narsingh.

Earlier this month Bradley suggested he would look to make additions to his squad from “back to front”.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Barca defender on the horizon? on 21:46 - Dec 20 with 1908 viewsdcd14

Hope this one comes off!
Barca defender on the horizon? on 21:53 - Dec 20 with 1872 viewsWarwickHunt

Can't come Sassoon enough.
Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:00 - Dec 20 with 1827 viewsJokeren1943

Clearly shows how crappy Swanseas shouting system is. How many central defenders doesn't Swansea have already And now another one.
Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:07 - Dec 20 with 1779 viewsPegojack

Barca defender on the horizon? on 21:53 - Dec 20 by WarwickHunt

Can't come Sassoon enough.

Hair hair
Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:13 - Dec 20 with 1736 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:00 - Dec 20 by Jokeren1943

Clearly shows how crappy Swanseas shouting system is. How many central defenders doesn't Swansea have already And now another one.

Well, first of all, he's a right back.

All we have there is Rangel and Naughton. And Naughton can also play on the left,

Not to mention, Vidal can also play right wing, so we could clearly use this guy.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:20 - Dec 20 with 1683 viewsmax936

Tom Carrol is okish' but we either need another along with him or another instead of him our midfield isn't strong enough and to bring a player like Carrol in alone won't give us that strength.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:31 - Dec 20 with 1609 viewspencoedjack

Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:20 - Dec 20 by max936

Tom Carrol is okish' but we either need another along with him or another instead of him our midfield isn't strong enough and to bring a player like Carrol in alone won't give us that strength.

Agree wholeheartedly

We need an enforcer type midfielder
Barca defender on the horizon? on 23:31 - Dec 20 with 1441 viewsMartyrman57

He already Swansea player according to wiki and got Rangel's 22 shirt 😋
Login to get fewer ads

Barca defender on the horizon? on 23:45 - Dec 20 with 1396 viewslonglostjack

Who's leaking these transfer targets? Call me cynical and paranoid but it seems to be a great diversion. Nah - maybe I'm seeing too much into these things. I need a holiday.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Barca defender on the horizon? on 23:45 - Dec 20 with 1393 viewsWarwickHunt

Barca defender on the horizon? on 23:45 - Dec 20 by longlostjack

Who's leaking these transfer targets? Call me cynical and paranoid but it seems to be a great diversion. Nah - maybe I'm seeing too much into these things. I need a holiday.

Take Bob with you.
Barca defender on the horizon? on 03:35 - Dec 21 with 1211 viewsforkbeard

Barca fans don't rate him. Natural winger converted to right back and isn't that good at defending. (Perfect for us then..)
Barca defender on the horizon? on 04:57 - Dec 21 with 1182 viewsLoyal

Players like this guy are not scouted, they are offered by their agent or found by an agent employed by Swansea. That's how it works ......

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Barca defender on the horizon? on 07:25 - Dec 21 with 1069 viewsLeonWasGod

Barca defender on the horizon? on 23:45 - Dec 20 by longlostjack

Vidal's agent probably. As some of the other muppets have said, players get hawked around in the press by their agents. The club wouldn't release stuff if they were hoping to get a deal done quietly.

We all know we need some new legs (Rangel) and a player who isn't frightened of going forwards (Naughton) at right back. But is this guy going to make much difference to the comedy defending that is occurring from the front (forwards who don't press), through the middle (gaping holes and comedy Barrow clearances) to back (at least 2 individual errors from CBs most matches & crap at set pieces)?

Still, we need reinforcements, so anyone who can improve the team is ok by me. Improving how the team are set up would be my priority, but I guess Bob and Williams (our defensive!) coach are here to stay.
Barca defender on the horizon? on 07:49 - Dec 21 with 1026 viewsJokeren1943

Barca defender on the horizon? on 22:13 - Dec 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well, first of all, he's a right back.

All we have there is Rangel and Naughton. And Naughton can also play on the left,

Not to mention, Vidal can also play right wing, so we could clearly use this guy.

Ohhh fucck, thought he was another central defender :-).
Barca defender on the horizon? on 07:57 - Dec 21 with 1010 viewsjojaca

He must have some sort of pedigree for Barcelona to sign him. Hopefully more names of this calibre will be linked with us.

Bob is here to stay and despite all the doom and gloom including myself, he probably deserves at least one transfer window.

Even when you know, you never know?

Barca defender on the horizon? on 09:17 - Dec 21 with 857 viewsjohnlangy

He's a right back.
Barca defender on the horizon? on 09:21 - Dec 21 with 838 viewsHuwJackBastard

Barca defender on the horizon? on 21:46 - Dec 20 by dcd14

Hope this one comes off!

He'd be a quality signing! hope we bring in more quality like this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024