Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checkatrade Q/F 11:34 - Jan 12 with 2439 viewsowainglyndwr

Jan 23
U21 v Coventry City
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 11:36]
Checkatrade Q/F on 11:41 - Jan 12 with 2123 viewswestisbest

Lets give our youngsters our support for the quarter final tie against the league one first team .
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 11:44]
Checkatrade Q/F on 11:42 - Jan 12 with 2114 viewsbuilthjack

They should do really cheap tickets, say £3 and kids for free

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Checkatrade Q/F on 11:43 - Jan 12 with 2101 viewsjasper_T

We're gonna fck em up.
Checkatrade Q/F on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 2049 viewsSwanjaxs

Probably wait to see if we make the semi's before I jump on the bandwagon 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:05 - Jan 12 with 1994 viewsLandore_Jack

Tough draw.

#backtojack

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:10 - Jan 12 with 1958 viewsshandyjack

i'll be there

Poll: Expectation for the season

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 1883 viewspencoedjack

Checkatrade Q/F on 11:54 - Jan 12 by Swanjaxs

Probably wait to see if we make the semi's before I jump on the bandwagon 🤔

Think I'll jump on this round

Plastic as fuk
Checkatrade Q/F on 12:27 - Jan 12 with 1878 viewssomersetsimon

I have mixed feelings. I obviously want us to do well, but it would be sickening for those lower leagues teams if we get to play at Wembley.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 12:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 1859 viewsshandyjack

final is on 2nd April, day after we play Middlesborough. Wonder if we got to the final they'd f us over and move Boro game to the Sunday to make fans choose

Poll: Expectation for the season

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 1858 viewsherbie

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:27 - Jan 12 by somersetsimon

I have mixed feelings. I obviously want us to do well, but it would be sickening for those lower leagues teams if we get to play at Wembley.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 12:38]

Do we have a date for this?
Checkatrade Q/F on 12:37 - Jan 12 with 1829 viewsherbie

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:30 - Jan 12 by herbie

Do we have a date for this?

The tie will be played in the week commencing Monday, January 23, with the confirmed date of the fixture and ticket details to be released in due course.
Checkatrade Q/F on 13:03 - Jan 12 with 1713 viewsmonmouth

We will genuinely be laughed at and reviled if we don't just lose now or in the semi. Last U21 team in it aren't we. That's good enough. Time to quietly give way and let the proper teams fight for a day in the sun. Remember how much the Autoglass meant to us, imagine if we'd been denied that by Bolton U21.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Checkatrade Q/F on 13:12 - Jan 12 with 1660 viewsdickythorpe

Under 23's I thought we were?
Checkatrade Q/F on 13:12 - Jan 12 with 1658 viewsE20Jack

Checkatrade Q/F on 13:03 - Jan 12 by monmouth

We will genuinely be laughed at and reviled if we don't just lose now or in the semi. Last U21 team in it aren't we. That's good enough. Time to quietly give way and let the proper teams fight for a day in the sun. Remember how much the Autoglass meant to us, imagine if we'd been denied that by Bolton U21.

Let them laugh, will be a great achievement for the young lads. If we never intended on winning it or it is frowned upon, then we should never have been entered in the first place.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Checkatrade Q/F on 13:15 - Jan 12 with 1639 viewsjasper_T

Checkatrade Q/F on 13:12 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

Checkatrade is "u21s" with special rules, PL2 is u23s
Checkatrade Q/F on 13:54 - Jan 12 with 1546 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What was the attendance for the Wolves match? It has not been posted on club WEB site is it a state secret?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Checkatrade Q/F on 14:13 - Jan 12 with 1527 viewsLeonWasGod

Checkatrade Q/F on 12:26 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Think I'll jump on this round

Plastic as fuk

I'm not buying a half and half scarf til the final though.

The club have missed a trick hrre - it's essentially half our first team squad with 6 added from the development squad. We should have been getting crowds close to League Cup size, but hardly anyone knows about these fixtures. Or is it just me being a bit dopey and lazy?
Checkatrade Q/F on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 1491 viewstrampie

NO

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Checkatrade Q/F on 14:49 - Jan 12 with 1470 viewsAnotherJohn

I know it isn't really in the spirit of this competition, but I'd be tempted to play five first teamers over 21 (but not Tremmel) and see how they blend with the youngsters. It could be good practice for next year!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 15:47]
Checkatrade Q/F on 14:54 - Jan 12 with 1456 viewsLeonWasGod

So did I. It turns out it's U21s for this competition, but that the club list these fixtures under the U23 fixture list just to confuse us. Actually it's not really U21s either as you have to have 5 players from your first team squad from it's previous match (or x number of matches, not sure).

It's a complete dog's dinner. I remember it being discussed to death and ridiculed at the time the competition was announced and then I quickly forgot all about it. Shame really as I should have been checking some of these games out - it would have been a good chance to take the kids with tickets being much cheaper and easier to get hold of (presumably) than for the first team games.

I'll go to the QF assuming I'm free.
Checkatrade Q/F on 14:58 - Jan 12 with 1443 viewsjasper_T

Checkatrade Q/F on 14:54 - Jan 12 by LeonWasGod

So did I. It turns out it's U21s for this competition, but that the club list these fixtures under the U23 fixture list just to confuse us. Actually it's not really U21s either as you have to have 5 players from your first team squad from it's previous match (or x number of matches, not sure).

It's a complete dog's dinner. I remember it being discussed to death and ridiculed at the time the competition was announced and then I quickly forgot all about it. Shame really as I should have been checking some of these games out - it would have been a good chance to take the kids with tickets being much cheaper and easier to get hold of (presumably) than for the first team games.

I'll go to the QF assuming I'm free.

The '5 first team players' rule is for senior lower league sides so they're not playing a "weakened team". It doesn't apply to the "u21s".
Checkatrade Q/F on 15:05 - Jan 12 with 1431 viewsLeonWasGod

Checkatrade Q/F on 14:58 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

The '5 first team players' rule is for senior lower league sides so they're not playing a "weakened team". It doesn't apply to the "u21s".

So I still haven't got it right? I'll get there eventually
Checkatrade Q/F on 15:10 - Jan 12 with 1411 viewsLeonWasGod

wiki to the rescue

Eligibility criteria for players:
For EFL clubs; a minimum of 5 'First Team' players in the starting 11 as defined under the competition’s existing rules.
For the sixteen invited Category One Academy teams (so that's us) — 6 of the starting 11 to be U21 (as at 30 June 2016).

So we can still have 5 of the first team if we want, but it's optional. Phew!
Checkatrade Q/F on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 1298 viewsforkbeard

Checkatrade Q/F on 13:03 - Jan 12 by monmouth

Your post made it into the Coventry telegraph

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-fans-
Checkatrade Q/F on 16:48 - Jan 12 with 1290 viewssherpajacob

Has any club ever won the checkatrade/JPT/ autoglass/Mr clutch trophy in any of its guises and been relegated in the same season?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024