Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... 16:06 - Jan 21 with 2303 viewsTheKirkyLife

Let's not kid ourselves, we saw what should have been stirring victories 5-4 against Palace and 3-0 against Sunderland go to waste.

I truly feel this is more of a game changer but anything less than a point against Southampton on Tuesday should be seen as a cataclysmic failure. 3 points and we could start to steer clear of a lot of trouble.

Enjoy the win but remember there is so much more work to do.
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:11 - Jan 21 with 2240 viewsDyfnant

Like everyone else, including the players we should all simply enjoy the 3 points.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:13 - Jan 21 with 2226 viewsPrivate_Partz

One swallow and all that. The thing now is we are looking far more organised. Every match is important from here on in but no match should be deemed cataclysmic failure if we don't get a win. They are all difficult. We look like we have something to build on now and mainly due to our shape and we have a manager that is not a complete and utter bell end.
I doubt anyone is getting carried away after this season and last.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:20 - Jan 21 with 2155 viewsBoot

Totally agree, but since the change of manager there is more organisation throughout the team which will hopefully result in lot more confidence from the players. A couple of new faces will help too. Still a lot to do but most our team are up to the job, afraid others will still not step up though. Hopefully another couple of signings to come. There's a long way to go but I'll remain optimistic until/if its mathematically impossible to survive.
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:26 - Jan 21 with 2069 viewsjasper_T

Unlike those games the opposition weren't complete sh!t.
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:27 - Jan 21 with 2054 viewsBoot

Doing a Leicester, managing to survive imminent relegation then going on to win the Prem the following season is what I would consider getting carried away, not us staying up this season👍
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:35 - Jan 21 with 1992 viewsheadcleaner

We shouldn't underestimate today's victory. Two up then pegged back and we still went on to win. Lfc hadn't lost at home for over 12 months so happy days and if we can remain outside the bottom 3 that would be massive for confidence
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:38 - Jan 21 with 1961 viewsjack247

Kind of agree with the OP. It's superb, but it's one game and we are still deep in it.

Today is a day for extremely cautious optimism though. We can get back to the pessimism tomorrow
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 1946 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Just had a look at Southampton's schedule. Notable that (including tomorrow) they play 3 times vs Leicester, at Anfield, and vs Arsenal before they come to the Liberty.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 1940 viewsDyfnant

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:35 - Jan 21 by headcleaner

We shouldn't underestimate today's victory. Two up then pegged back and we still went on to win. Lfc hadn't lost at home for over 12 months so happy days and if we can remain outside the bottom 3 that would be massive for confidence

and hopefully make us a bit more appealing to some of PC's targets.

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:11 - Jan 21 with 1797 viewsmonmouth

Nah, f**k that Kirky, just enjoy the win, life's too short.

Not many days like today in any season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:13 - Jan 21 with 1766 viewsperchrockjack

New right back and think we can do the seemingly improbable

We have got to follow this up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 1725 viewsLeonWasGod

Aye, there's loads of hard work to do. That's a sign we're heading in the right direction though. We haven't seen a backs to the wall, organised performance like that for a while. And that's what you need to do at times (we used to do that a lot against big clubs, it wasn't always free flowing football from us - games like the 0-2 at Arsenal and the Chelsea semi final, for example).
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 1694 viewsDr_Winston

In the last three league games we've played pretty well in five halves out of six. That's got to provide some grounds for optimism that Clement can turn things around.

We're in a tough run of fixtures at the minute but if we can get ourselves over the 20 point mark by the time we play Burnley at home then it should be firmly back in our own hands. Four winnable games start then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:34 - Jan 21 with 1621 viewsBloodyhills

It's a much improved performance and we got the 3 points. Before today I would have said we are definitely going down.

After today you'd have to say that if we can keep performing OK we have a chance.

I'm happy to think we do.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:36 - Jan 21 with 1607 viewsunion_jack

Can't we just take the 'BUT' out of the title.

Of course we need to look realistically at the future but not til tomorrow please!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 1587 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:35 - Jan 21 by headcleaner

the fact we got pegged back to 2-2 but still won the game speaks volumes

Seems like belief there which was lacking before

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:05 - Jan 21 with 1512 viewsDyfnant

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 17:39 - Jan 21 by PatchesOHoulihan

the fact we got pegged back to 2-2 but still won the game speaks volumes

Seems like belief there which was lacking before

Before Palace away anyway

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:10 - Jan 21 with 1470 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:05 - Jan 21 by Dyfnant

Before Palace away anyway

that was after bob too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:12 - Jan 21 with 1443 viewsDyfnant

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:10 - Jan 21 by PatchesOHoulihan

that was after bob too

Heck of a coincidence

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:16 - Jan 21 with 1411 viewsnyc_swans

i've learned that it really doesn't matter what the schedule says. this club has made a habit of getting shock results in every season since the premier league journey started.

lost at home to hull, beat liverpool at anfield. go figure.

i think clement realizes this, and isn't setting targets because he knows that the key is to improve the performances. they can still beat any team on any given day with a disciplined performance such as today.

couldn't care less that it's a "tough stretch," the team bottled an "easy stretch" just a few weeks ago. as far as i'm concerned, these next few games could be the time when the club picks up a bundle of points.
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:27 - Jan 21 with 1352 viewsjasper_T

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:16 - Jan 21 by nyc_swans

i've learned that it really doesn't matter what the schedule says. this club has made a habit of getting shock results in every season since the premier league journey started.

lost at home to hull, beat liverpool at anfield. go figure.

i think clement realizes this, and isn't setting targets because he knows that the key is to improve the performances. they can still beat any team on any given day with a disciplined performance such as today.

couldn't care less that it's a "tough stretch," the team bottled an "easy stretch" just a few weeks ago. as far as i'm concerned, these next few games could be the time when the club picks up a bundle of points.

See also the run in at the end of last season which we coasted after most here spent weeks wetting themselves over it.
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:30 - Jan 21 with 1332 viewsHugeEnkins

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 16:27 - Jan 21 by Boot

Doing a Leicester, managing to survive imminent relegation then going on to win the Prem the following season is what I would consider getting carried away, not us staying up this season👍

That's the spirit, old bean. Aim high and all that
Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:31 - Jan 21 with 1320 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Let's Enjoy The Win BUT... on 18:36 - Jan 21 with 1282 viewslonglostjack

Tonight I am just appy

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024