Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." 23:46 - Feb 2 with 1186 viewsDavillin

I cannot even begin to imagine a more important document to life in the U.K. for the foreseeable future [well beyond the foreseeable future, in fact] than "The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U."

It is that important.

Here's the URL. It is a .pdf document which may [should] be so saved.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/589191

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 1109 viewssherpajacob

looks like it was written by a work experience/placement student.

so many basic things wrong. where to start?

65 million people willing it to happen?
everybody in UK is entitled to 14 weeks holiday.
we have ensured the devolved administrations are fully engaged?
Our exports to new markets is up 38% (to Liechtenstein)
seamless and frictionless border with Eire, but free movement with EU will cease.

oh and parliament has been sovereign all along, (it just didn't feel like it?)

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 16:39 - Feb 3 with 1057 viewslondonlisa2001

It's about as important a document as the average letter to Father Christmas.

It pains me that they managed to write 70 odd pages of such nonsense.
"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 16:51 - Feb 3 with 1040 viewssherpajacob

The EU negotiating team will have a very simple response to the UK.

" All these things you are asking for, you already have"

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 17:42 - Feb 3 with 999 viewsskippyjack

Forget the immaterial cr*p.. Theresa May's 12 commandments are what we're looking at here..

1. Providing certainty and clarity;
2. Taking control of our own laws;
3. Strengthening the Union;
4. Protecting our strong historic ties with Ireland and maintaining the Common Travel Area;
5. Controlling immigration;
6. Securing rights for EU nationals in the UK and UK nationals in the EU;
7. Protecting workers’ rights;
8. Ensuring free trade with European markets;
9. Securing new trade agreements with other countries;
10. Ensuring the United Kingdom remains the best place for science and innovation; 11. Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism;
12. Delivering a smooth, orderly exit from the EU.

1. Bit impossible mind..
2. This should be done and dusted.. but I'm not convinced mind.
3. Should be doable
4. Should be doable
5. Should be doable
6. Should be doable
7. F*ck.. this is a problem in the EU now.. f*ck this up, it'll be like N.Ireland all over again.
8. This is quite frankly impossible, we need to cut our losses here.. but damage should be limited compared to what the UK offers the EU in economic benefits..
9. This is the one that will dictate our economy..
10. Why would it change?
11. Should be doable
12. Are you mental?.. when does anything in life ever run smoothly?.. oh, yeah.. You're all politicians.. you wouldn't have the foggiest of ideas.

I'll be honest.. I don't think the political class have the brains to pull it off.. but in the correct hands.. some of these should be straight forward.

It's not going to run smoothly.. and I think we've got to accept that..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 17:46 - Feb 3 with 991 viewsblueytheblue

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 16:51 - Feb 3 by sherpajacob

The EU negotiating team will have a very simple response to the UK.

" All these things you are asking for, you already have"

The UK negotiating response will then be...

"Thank you for clarifying. No need to negotiate then, bye - oh and our funding contributions end tomorrow. Toodle-pip!".

Poll: Alternate POTY final

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 964 viewsskippyjack

Only 5 responses? This is how much f*ck the people actually give

In all fairness.. people are automatically programmed to think politicians are lying b*stards.. all of them.. one is probably honest.. but is probably sneered amongst the politicos and not given any publicity.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:12 - Feb 3 with 912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fancy the UK parliament has been sovereign all this time then. Who'd have thunk it.

Poll: Tory leader

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:25 - Feb 3 with 886 viewsDavillin

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 17:42 - Feb 3 by skippyjack

Forget the immaterial cr*p.. Theresa May's 12 commandments are what we're looking at here..

4. Protecting our strong historic ties with Ireland and maintaining the Common Travel Area;
10. Ensuring the United Kingdom remains the best place for science and innovation; 11. Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism;

1. Bit impossible mind..
3. Should be doable
4. Should be doable
5. Should be doable
6. Should be doable
7. F*ck.. this is a problem in the EU now.. f*ck this up, it'll be like N.Ireland all over again.
8. This is quite frankly impossible, we need to cut our losses here.. but damage should be limited compared to what the UK offers the EU in economic benefits..
10. Why would it change?
11. Should be doable
12. Are you mental?.. when does anything in life ever run smoothly?.. oh, yeah.. You're all politicians.. you wouldn't have the foggiest of ideas.

I'll be honest.. I don't think the political class have the brains to pull it off.. but in the correct hands.. some of these should be straight forward.

My thanks, Skip, for your instructive response.

Login to get fewer ads

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 879 viewsDavillin

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:12 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

Fancy the UK parliament has been sovereign all this time then. Who'd have thunk it.

And here I had thought that eroding sovereignty was at the very centre of the issues with the E.U.

Huh.

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:33 - Feb 3 with 875 viewsexiledclaseboy

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:30 - Feb 3 by Davillin

And here I had thought that eroding sovereignty was at the very centre of the issues with the E.U.

Huh.

It was. Yet the government's very own white paper contradicts such a notion.

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:43 - Feb 3 with 863 viewsLoyal

Everybody would have been happy for us to stay in the eu and introduce a few Trumpisms let's be honest.
Save a fck load of nonsense.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:56 - Feb 3 with 845 viewsFlashberryjack

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:33 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

We all know governments white papers are very similar to toilet paper, they're made to clear up shyte and usually get flushed down the toilet in the end.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 21:32 - Feb 3 with 821 viewslondonlisa2001

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:56 - Feb 3 by Flashberryjack

We all know governments white papers are very similar to toilet paper, they're made to clear up shyte and usually get flushed down the toilet in the end.

This one is particularly similar to toilet paper, but the point made on sovereignty is correct.
"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 21:34 - Feb 3 with 818 viewslondonlisa2001

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 20:33 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

"Taking back the feeling of control".
"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 762 viewssherpajacob

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 17:42 - Feb 3 by skippyjack

1. Bit impossible mind..
3. Should be doable
4. Should be doable
5. Should be doable
6. Should be doable
10. Why would it change?
11. Should be doable

The first 11 are very easy, if we dont do number 12

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 11:54 - Feb 4 with 760 viewssherpajacob

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 17:46 - Feb 3 by blueytheblue

The UK negotiating response will then be...

"Thank you for clarifying. No need to negotiate then, bye - oh and our funding contributions end tomorrow. Toodle-pip!".

And the response will be, you've just given up everything you asked for.

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:11 - Feb 5 with 675 viewsexiledclaseboy

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/05/parliament-must-ensure-sec

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:28 - Feb 5 with 654 viewslondonlisa2001

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:11 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/05/parliament-must-ensure-sec

Typical lefty nonsense from a bunch of libtard snowflakes who are ANTI BRITISH!!!

In seriousness, I must take exception to "There is an alarming lack of detail about implications for the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland."

I personally found that section the most hilarious of the whole paper. The political equivalent of "yeah but no but yeah but no but".
"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:33 - Feb 5 with 649 viewsexiledclaseboy

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 10:28 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Typical lefty nonsense from a bunch of libtard snowflakes who are ANTI BRITISH!!!

In seriousness, I must take exception to "There is an alarming lack of detail about implications for the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland."

I personally found that section the most hilarious of the whole paper. The political equivalent of "yeah but no but yeah but no but".

The whole white paper reads a bit like that. We want all the benefits of membership without being a member. 77 pages though. I wonder how many previous drafts there are. Somewhere in Whitehall the civil servant who wrote it is covered in cold sores and rocking in a corner.

I don't agree with some of the Observer"s editorial but the thrust is bang on.

Ya daft snowflake/SJW/Remoaner etc.

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 13:21 - Feb 5 with 601 viewssherpajacob

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretarys-speech-on-the-uk-eu-and-o

For the white paper, they just took the text from one of TMs earlier speeches, above, and simply changed the conclusion from....therefore we should remain,
to
This is why we are leaving.

"The United Kingdom's exit from and new partnership with the E.U." on 18:55 - Feb 5 with 566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ken Clarke talks Brexit while rocking some awesome red cords.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/05/ken-clarke-on-brexit-ive-never-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024