Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket 13:27 - Sep 3 with 2997 viewsdickythorpe

Fair play to him he has had one hell of a career.
Take a bow son.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 13:50 - Sep 3 with 2418 viewsbluey_the_blue

I particularly like his brutal honesty he's nothing left in the tank.

Problem is England now go from hoping he'd come back to form and finding a partner to now having to find two openers - along with a number three.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 2418 viewspikeypaul

Jumped before he was pushed.

Would have been told he's history.

Best days long gone.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 14:04]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 14:15 - Sep 3 with 2395 viewsCountyJim

His Mums a Jack
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:41 - Sep 3 with 2363 viewsCooperman

12,254 magnificent runs for England.

I hope he now goes on to have a successful career in media and doesn’t turn into the next Michael Vaughan who seems to take every opportunity to score points over his ex playing colleagues.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 16:44 - Sep 3 with 2338 viewsoldcob

He timed it right.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:49 - Sep 3 with 2277 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:41 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

12,254 magnificent runs for England.

I hope he now goes on to have a successful career in media and doesn’t turn into the next Michael Vaughan who seems to take every opportunity to score points over his ex playing colleagues.

I can’t see Cook doing the media thing to be honest. Doesn’t seem the type.

Poll: Tory leader

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 2260 viewsdickythorpe

His average of 44 is decent but could have been higher. His performances down under in 2010/11 for our Ashes win were fantastic.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 22:57 - Sep 3 with 2230 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Opening for 160 ish tests in a row, great effort.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 23:18 - Sep 3 with 2223 viewsCooperman

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:49 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

He's probably not ready for it anyway. County cricket should keep him busy for a few years at least.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:00 - Sep 4 with 2160 viewsCountyJim

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:49 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

He is a farmer isn't he
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 2158 viewsWarwickHunt

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 21:25 - Sep 3 by dickythorpe

His average of 44 is decent but could have been higher. His performances down under in 2010/11 for our Ashes win were fantastic.

44 is mightily impressive for an opener - fresh bowlers with a new ball.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 16:49 - Sep 4 with 2133 viewsdickythorpe

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:08 - Sep 4 by WarwickHunt

Fantastic especially for an Englishman, but in last few seasons I'm sure his average is lower than 20.
The signs are there that his tremendous consistency is on the wain.

Who replaces him? No one sticking their hands up.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:31 - Sep 4 with 2108 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:08 - Sep 4 by WarwickHunt

Especially over 160 Tests or so.

Poll: Tory leader

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:59 - Sep 4 with 2095 viewstheloneranger

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 16:49 - Sep 4 by dickythorpe

Fantastic especially for an Englishman, but in last few seasons I'm sure his average is lower than 20.
The signs are there that his tremendous consistency is on the wain.

Who replaces him? No one sticking their hands up.

Rory Burns Surrey

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 15:12 - Sep 7 with 1979 viewssherpajacob

50 up

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 17:33 - Sep 7 with 1957 viewsdickythorpe

Lost 4 wickets for 40 runs after Cook was out 131-1, now 173-5.

Papering over the cracks this series win has.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 18:09 - Sep 7 with 1954 viewsWarwickHunt

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 17:33 - Sep 7 by dickythorpe

Afternoon, Yoda.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 18:10]
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 01:12 - Sep 9 with 1872 viewsCountyJim

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 17:33 - Sep 7 by dickythorpe

India number one Test team in the World only Kohli performing that's papering over the cracks from the world number one

If Kohli wasn't over here it would have been a 5-0 Win
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 12:01 - Sep 9 with 1813 viewsdickythorpe

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 01:12 - Sep 9 by CountyJim

India number one Test team in the World only Kohli performing that's papering over the cracks from the world number one

If Kohli wasn't over here it would have been a 5-0 Win

I'm not goíng to disagree with that Jim.

What will England do once Anderson and Broad finish? No other "fast" bowlers seem to be able to keep themselves injury free.

Hopefully the Curran boys, Overtons will get chances.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 17:38 - Sep 9 with 1786 viewsCountyJim

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 12:01 - Sep 9 by dickythorpe

What will England do once Anderson and Broad finish? No other "fast" bowlers seem to be able to keep themselves injury free.

I think Curran is a cracker
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:56 - Sep 9 with 1754 viewsBanosswan

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 12:01 - Sep 9 by dickythorpe

Jofra archer will be ready by then.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 09:26 - Sep 10 with 1703 viewssquarebear

33 is remarkably young to pack it in when you compare him with openers like Boycott and Gooch (both aged 41 when they played their final tests).

I guess the intensity of cricket has ramped up to such an extent that players become sick of the constant touring. Plus test players presumably are better paid nowadays?
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 09:41 - Sep 10 with 1698 viewsdickythorpe

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 09:26 - Sep 10 by squarebear

33 is remarkably young to pack it in when you compare him with openers like Boycott and Gooch (both aged 41 when they played their final tests).

I guess the intensity of cricket has ramped up to such an extent that players become sick of the constant touring. Plus test players presumably are better paid nowadays?

He got to the top at a remarkably young age. He'd been talked up from his early teens as well.
He seems to have been around for yonks.
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 10:10 - Sep 10 with 1684 viewsWarwickHunt

Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 20:56 - Sep 9 by Banosswan

Jofra archer will be ready by then.

He’s ready now. The ECB however...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/apr/27/ecb-england-jofra-archer-suss
Alistair Cook retires from Test cricket on 12:51 - Sep 10 with 1646 viewsProfessor

and he bows out with a ton.

Well done Chef!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024